Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

N/A                                                                                      

I think it might help you if you discussed this with a therapist.

They really can help you sort things out with your life, I think it would do you good :3

You should also try to put yourself out there a little bit more.

I believe that there's a very special somepony out there for everyone.

• Brohoof 1

Dude, I know where your coming from SO much dude, I literally love my Dashie sososo SO much It's not even funny, maybe not quite as much as you love Flutters, but still a quite a darn bit! Some episodes I just want to give her a hug and cuddle with her, and then don't get me started on the fan art!

lol, I guess in the brony community we all have our "waifu's" and those that say they don't are lying! :angry:;)

• 4 weeks later...

I will be honest I have had the same problem. Falling in love with things that you cant be with for example I would cry myself to sleep sometimes because I would never meet(bubbles from power puff girls) . But i came to the conclusion at some point that i can find real people like that and that i just have to look. so a few years later when i fell in love with Rarity i just used the same method.     

• Brohoof 1

I've only ever had crushes on fictional characters, always non-human too. I can't even remember the last time I found a real person attractive. Not too sure what's up with that, but it hasn't caused me any sort of distress so I don't really care.

I've had a crush on all of the mane six at some point (minus Applejack).

Edited by BasementPony

Just visit my profile, and you'll see ;)

Yes, I do love Fluttershy. So much so I've claimed her my waifu. 

I've dreamed about her (and other ponies) countless times. 

I often imagine her as a real entity sometimes. Like if I'm sitting watching TV, I"ll sometimes imagine her laying beside me with her head in my lap. Like right now, I'm just kinda looking out the corner of my eye and see her sleeping on my bed all curled up. Sometimes when I"m walking downtown or whatever, I'm often in my own world, so I picture her trotting along beside me. and reacting to things around her.

I guess you could say I'm in love with her. She's on my mind all the time.I'm crazy about her.

So yea, call my crazy.  :derp:

Lucky bugger, I can never choose of what I dream.  It's usually of corpse filled rooms. :(

tumblr_n2cv5e3rUR1ra23i2o1_500.gif

YOU DESERVE TO LIVE NO LONGER YOU DESPICABLE MONSTER YOU ARE TOO FAR LOST

... Oh, of course I'm joking. I mean, what right would I even have to call this wrong? I'm in love with the entirety of the Mane Six, and several side/background ponies, even Luna. For Celestia's sake, that's not even the tip of the iceberg for all the fictional crushes I have. Not even for the non-human ones.

Really, it's perfectly fine and even understandable to feel such emotions toward fictional characters. It's a sign that they were designed and characterized well enough TO warrant such an attraction in the first place, which I think is something good.

• Brohoof 1

You ponies are weird...

You're all weird...

Besides, who would find a PONY attractive? I mean, just LOOK at them! Their flesh is on the OUTSIDE, they're covered with hair all over their body, And their eyes have that creepy, tiny black dot in the center that just seems to peer into your soul. It's creepy as heck... :eww:

• 4 months later...

Uh, pretty much. With Derpy. 

And no, someone is not using hax on my account, last time I checked.

:wat:(Space here to represent a shameful stare.) :blush:

^                                                                             ^

You                                                                        Me

I have a crush on Fluttershy myself (but not to the point of 18+ lol, more of a BFF crush, or spiritual love? Whatever)

Well, as long as you don't go out of boundary for your love it is okay. Well, try to steer away from the 18+ stuff (at least in public), assuming Fluttershy is real I don't think she'll be really comfortable with that.

Edited by Solid Scorpion

I don't know what to tell you other than to see a therapist, much like what almost everyone else has said. 

img-66468-1-my-little-pony-friendship-is

I would be careful, Don't wound up like Kim-Jong IL.

Oh my god, I laughed too hard at that :lol:

I can tell that you are from a personality standard but for me it is different

I have not only developed a little, but a huge crush on sweetie belle

I feel too much like an outcast and am going into depression 

This is different though, there is a lot more than just her personality

And it's not weird to like her that way because I'm at 13 years of age

Just qualified to become a member. I actually cried too because

I knew that depression was coming, you really only fall in love once.

For some reason I think sweetie belle is beautiful. There is something

wrong with me, please help me. I can't go see a therapist, then I would have 

to have my parents know why.. what should I do? All my friend would do

is think of ponies in a inappropriate way and I slap him.

post-28773-0-45026700-1407230987.jpeg

attachicon.gifth-21.jpeg

There's *NOTHING wrong with you. 

Please, PM me. I wanna talk to you.

attachicon.gifth-21.jpeg

Feel free to PM me and/or to add me on skype. Let me tell You this much. Concidering Your age - nothing is wrong with You. I was there, I know how You feel and maybe I too will manage to help You. Don't be shy ;) 

• Brohoof 2

The cruelty and close mindedness of several of the people in this thread is reason enough for me to never ever engage in a romantic relationship with another human being again. I wish you all a good day and I hope someone stabs a spoon in your stomach for every time you sayd something hurtful on the internet :( *because spoons hurts about as much as your mean words do* Same goes for me, i hope someone stabs me with a spoon for every time i have gone too far.

Edit: on another note, I have been in love with so many anime characters that I gave up.
My first was "Mone-chan" from "Yumeria", then i was in love with both shana (shakugan no shana) and louise (zero no tsukaima), both had the same voice actor too. Then i got badly in love with "Kanade" from "Angel Beats"

Edited by Karma Fluffykin
  • Brohoof 2

I think it's right to be a bit concerned about such things, especially if you're older than 12 or so and/or don't have a firm grip on reality otherwise (i.e. my friend Ghost who you surely know who somehow can pull off being in 20s, being completely in love with Rarity and still be a solid and down to earth dude)... But honestly, I find it adorable.

I could never actually fall, truly, for a fictional character myself anymore, though I did as a kid and I can certainly become a big, BIG fan of them and think of them highly in several regards; I can certainly and do certainly find fictional characters highly appealing or even outright attractive, and I can certainly fawn over them at times?  But love?  That's not for fictional characters.  It's what makes a Subaru a Subaru.

But I DO find it just really cute for whatever reason when others get that way.  It reminds me of a younger, more innocent me, and I see it as a sign of an extremely well-crafted, well-designed, well-written, interesting, hugely appealing character when someone falls in love with it like that.  Of course ponies is full of them so it just warms my heart to see people appreciating these lovely characters so fully.  I dunno.  I'm kinda weird I guess, but it almost brings a tear to my eye it's so damn cute.

As long as you understand the character isn't actually real and don't let it negatively impact your life, as long as it's gentle indulgence in happiness the same way any kind of fantasizing or imagination stuff would be.

Edited by hip-indeed
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I get small crushes on characters all the time. There aren't many types of people that I really, really dislike. It's not really weird or anything, it's actually pretty natural. Show a character that fits within the preferences of a person and more than likely will he or she develop a crush on the character if the character has some depth to it

The biggest crush I have right now is my waifu Raindrops, she's the cutest and most badass pony ever. I mean, just look at her!

img-1643141-1-PdnjUax.png

HNNNG

Mother of God I ain't alone with Sunshower Raindrops.  :D  :ph34r:

• Brohoof 2

Well, I guest it's pretty common for young people to fall in love with fictional characters, specially if they dealt with alot of mean people in real life. As long it doesn't affect you negatively, nor forget she's a fictional character, I don't see a problem  with having a crush in Flutty. I know, I've been there. 

• Brohoof 1

Ah, i see your issue. My friend, i have had the same feelings pervade my soul before. Why isn't Equestria real, right? Its just a much more desirable place to be, with desirable friends and desirable circumstances. Why cant you be a pony? Well my friend, what you must realize is that you ARE a pony. One's outside characteristics have no say on the contents of their soul, and this is what Lauren Faust has been trying to teach us all along. We have to MAKE this world Equestria. Spread kindness wherever your hooves tread, and one day, you will find a kindred soul. She will be sweet and kind, shy and loving. She, my friend, will be your fluttershy.

I find it ironic that the one with the Profile picture of Fluttershy smoking a cigarette is the one saying that.

No offense

No one should be made to feel bad, corrupt, "messed up" or like a bad person for falling in love with a pony, or really any fictional character. Children sometimes come to this board with these feelings, and then get insulted by grown adults who should know a whole lot better than to speak to children this way. Sometimes people forget that 13 year olds come here and disclose very personal feelings. They, as anyone else, deserve to be treated with care, respect, and dignity regarding these personal feelings, not damned or berated or outcast for them.

You aren't weird, you aren't "sick", you aren't messed up. You aren't hurting anyone. If you feel concerned about this, there's nothing wrong with asking for help, but you don't deserve to be insulted for it. 

Love, tolerance, acceptance ~ for all. <3 

• Brohoof 3