Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favorite Final Fantasy?

Ethan Pow

I played through Final Fanasty 7 on my psp and freaking LOVED that game!!! I'll have to play the others to see what my favorite would be but FF7 was AMAZING!!! Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 were games that I also loved as well!

Well Kingdom hearts does have final fantasy characters but I believe its in its own series. I was considering getting FF7 for my psp when I had one.

7 is really good.

I know it's been beaten to death by this point, and it's popularity alone makes it hated.

But considering I can play it now, and be just as engrossed as I was years and years ago when it came out is no small feat.

Anyway besides that I actually liked 13 (Mainly for the characters) and IX (really is the all around best one)

(edited)

Either 10 or 13. It is a toss up between the two. I think I will go with 13 though. The battle system is unlike any rpg I have ever played and the story line has just the right amount of 'confusing' mixed with the right amount of 'makes sense'. Plus Vanille is H-O-T HOT. DAMN IS THAT GIRL FINE. And Lightning is the best Tsundere out there, she is also pretty damn fine.

Well Kingdom hearts does have final fantasy characters but I believe its in its own series. I was considering getting FF7 for my psp when I had one.

Kingdom hearts was made by the same creator as final fantasy, Tetsuya Nomura ,which is why there are multiple ff cameo character appearances, such as Tidus, Waka, Yuna, as well as Squall Leonheart, Cloud, and others I cant remember their names to. Edited by Bronynonymous

Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, it's my favorite FF game, but I sorta ditched it after I found Fire Emblem. I drove away in a chariot with Lady Lyndis's Legion, and I threw TA out the window, shouting, "I GOT BETTA STORYLINE AND GAMEPLAY SUCKA!"

(edited)

Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, it's my favorite FF game, but I sorta ditched it after I found Fire Emblem. I drove away in a chariot with Lady Lyndis's Legion, and I threw TA out the window, shouting, "I GOT BETTA STORYLINE AND GAMEPLAY SUCKA!"

lmao that is the best thing i have ever read . and my favorite is 4 by far the best one in my opinion followed by final fantasy 7 crisis core Edited by leo dash

I've played 6,7,9 and 10 and it's totally 10. The storyline was so beautiful and it had a really bittersweet but perfect ending (unless you're counting 10-2, which I like to think doesn't exist). I loved the characters too- though that can be said for all the FFs I've played.

I thought I would be totally alone in saying IX was my favorite. That was the first RPG I ever completely finished and I was just so in love with the characters and storyline. If you really get into the game the characters are so lovable and you can feel very close to them very quickly. The humor and behind the scenes thoughts involved in the ATEs was great too. I was very glad they added those. IX, I think, will always be the unpopular choice for favorite but it's a game I will always love.

Side note personal opinion: VIII sucked. All around.

And now for that FFIX battle medley I promised!

Thank you for posting that. So many awesome memories that just came back as a result of that song. :) You rock.
  • Brohoof 1

Final Fantasy 9. It was the first one I played and what hooked me onto the series. I mean it had everything I wanted out of an RPG! A good combat system, a wonderful art approach, great story telling, secrets and easter eggs galore, likable characters. Overall just an enjoyable experience and needs to be played!

Close second would have too be Final Fantasy tactics or 6... maybe 3. THEY'RE ALL GOOD (Pre 12 at least. new ones haven't struck that note for me in while :( )! Tactics is great because of it's unique feel in the series and it just felt good! plus I get to be creative with my party set up (So who else had Ramza as a Squire with the two swords skill dual wielding Excalibur and Ragnerok?) 6 is just amazing, and I could write a NOVEL over everything I like about that one. 3 just taught be to grind... And grind I did!

I gotta be careful, this topic is... dangerous for me. I can nerd out for DAYS over this! I own/played all of them, (again not 12, I hated 12 I sold it) and for the most part enjoyed them from beginning to end. Never played the MMO's, I never hear anything good about em though.

My favorite is X hands down. It was the game that introduced me to the series back in 2002. It had an awesome story, solid characters and my favorite battle system to date. I also believe that I'm one of the few that isn't annoyed by Tidus. :P

Other favorites are VII, XII and I really enjoyed XIII despite it being so linear.

Concerning FFX-2, I think SE knew what they were doing when they made it. The reason I believe that it's not as good as the rest is that it should be considered more of a spin-off than an actual sequel. But that's just my opinion.

Final Fantasy Legend. Yeah, it's technically SaGa 1, but it counts because it got branded Final Fantasy Legend when it got released outside of Japan.

It's quite advanced for its time. There are so many variables, the character types (Humans, mutants, monsters) are all vastly different, and the game plays quite differently depending on which four you choose at the beginning, due to having different stats and abilities at your disposal. It has a great soundtrack, some memorable characters and locations, and it's one of those games with enough replay value (Due to its great mechanics) that you can pick it up and re-play it every now and then without it being boring, unlike a lot of RPGs. Notable for being an RPG with Pokemon-predating collectable-ish monsters that evolve. And II and III only improve what made the first game great.

However, if it's gotta be an actual Final Fantasy game, I might have to say II, with VII in second. I really liked II. The reason VII isn't my favorite is, it brought on the point where Final Fantasy started being all weird and hip-trendy-leatherdaddy-bishieboy. Still a solid game though.

I loved Final Fantasy X, When i played that sort of game and when i had a Playstation 2. I now use my trust Xbox 360 and play First persons and racer games. Sorry xD

But yeah, Final Fantasy X. X. 10. Yes.

If you're asking for any Final Fantasy game, Dissidia all the way!

If that doesn't count, then Crystal chronicles: ring of fates.

If you're asking for the main numeral series, then FF VIII (eight).

IX with out any doubt. VIII closely behind.

What can I say?

The chocographs were fun and the hot n cold minigame kept me occupied for hours.

Events like the Attack on Alexandria and Festival of Hunt got you pumped.

The characters were all enjoyable in their own way I feel too.