Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favorite Final Fantasy?

Ethan Pow

(edited)

I have played and beaten most of them. My favorite is Final Fantasy 7, ever since I played the game when I was young and I always liked Cloud's character, once I got to really get into the story since I was very young at the time and I got to really feel how the character does. Being helpless and powerless against a powerful enemies. He in turn became powerful to protect the world from its death.

It also made me overjoyed when I saw advent children from a employee of my father's that enjoyed the show as well.

Whats your favorite final fantasy? I ask of you brony folk, I wait a answer, so speak.

Edited by NewCalamity
  • Brohoof 1

Final Fantisy Tactics i my fav long with anyhtin before 7 i hate 7 because single handledly tainted the JRPG making more about 30 minute long cut scenes rather then actual gamplay and now we have Final Fantisy 13

• Brohoof 1

I've played them all, except for Final Fantasy IX. I have to say I'm torn between VII and VIII in terms of my favorite. The storyline and main characters in both really seem to stand out, their soundtracks are full of memorable songs, and the battles were always interesting. I guess in the end, it all comes down to my favorite main character, that being Squall.

Final Fantisy Tactics i my fav long with anyhtin before 7 i hate 7 because single handledly tainted the JRPG making more about 30 minute long cut scenes rather then actual gamplay and now we have Final Fantisy 13

I enjoyed Final Fantasy tactics, I Loved that style of combat but I never really finished it :(

I've played them all, except for Final Fantasy IX. I have to say I'm torn between VII and VIII in terms of my favorite. The storyline and main characters in both really seem to stand out, their soundtracks are full of memorable songs, and the battles were always interesting. I guess in the end, it all comes down to my favorite main character, that being Squall.

Squall is a good character and the setting very good. FF8 was a pretty good for its music as well, It pulled the attention of most of my family.

I have to go with FF7 or FF8. 8 was beautifully done in every single way, and 7 had an amazing storyline.

I also really enjoyed FF1 for the NES. It was the first game I ever played :lol:

My favorite was Final Fantasy VII and all its derivatives. My favorite one of those is Dirge of Cerberus, an unpolished shooter staring Vincent Valentine. It needs work, but its nice anyway. oh, and Dessidia: Duodeciem. It's fighting gameplay appeals to the action game fan in me, while the characters lead to a lot of imaginary fan fiction scenarios, which entertain me so much that i often write them down. I'm still playing it a year later, it's so entertaining!

well, I've played I - IX, along with both dissidias and chocobo's mystery dungeon, an I prefer Final Fantasy IX, to be honest. a close second is VII, then VI.

Final Fantasy VIII. Though the storyline is deeper in Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII has graphics that don't look unbearably bad (I can withstand the graphics of FFVIII, but whatever weird blocky chibi crap was in FFVII was torture) and it also didn't have cutscenes that would waste a good percentage of your day.

Final Fantasy IX, it just combines the best from the classic games with the best from that era. The music,gameplay,world & characters are just unique and really compliment each other. It's almost saddening that we won't get to experience another game in the series like that again.

• Brohoof 2

Six. To me, it had the best story, the best characters and really great art and music. I loved the new direction with the steampunk-esque scenery and the multiple themes of family, friendship and loyalty.

My favorite scene is when Cyan gets off the phantom train and sees his family. To me, that scene is better than Ares' funeral in FFVII.

Technique only.

Final Fantasy IX, it just combines the best from the classic games with the best from that era. The music,gameplay,world & characters are just unique and really compliment each other. It's almost saddening that we won't get to experience another game in the series like that again.

I really didn't get into Final Fantasy 9 too much as never really gave it a chance, I seen my sister play it and she enjoyed it but I didn't

Six. To me, it had the best story, the best characters and really great art and music. I loved the new direction with the steampunk-esque scenery and the multiple themes of family, friendship and loyalty.

It was a change when I first played it. I like the beginning but never really got to finish it :(

XII. I've played XII, XIII, X, VIII, and VII. XIII was horrendously bad, X was fun to play but the story was abysmal and Tidus is the worst main character ever in a video game, VIII sucked, and I couldn't really get in to VII. XII is the only one I really like. It had a near perfect combat system, interesting characters, a more mature and engaging story than the others, a ton of side quests, and really good art design.

I've never really been into FF. I have 7, but I lost interest while still on disc 1 and still haven't finished it. I played 3 for DS, but the HOURS UPON HOURS of grinding and the final dungeon jumping up about 30 levels in difficulty turned me off.

Although, I've put hundreds of hours into Tactics Advanced and Tactics A2. Damn good games :)

IX. It's one of the more unloved games of the series (unlike the massive popularity of VII, which I can understand), but I really do like it. Some of it is nostalgia, I'll admit. It was my first FF and I've played it many times. But the ability system was so simple, easy to understand, and highly satisfying to master. It's the only game I've mastered many strategies in. As for the characters, well... I really enjoy the flirtatiousness of Zidane, and the hesitancy of Princess Garnet, who reminds me quite of myself. The story is also very engaging.

And well, I just love the summon + gem stone system. Bahamut and Carbuncle look so great in that game, their designs is glorious. Then there's the large amount of FMVs for an early FF! Lastly, I really like how each character has a very specific role. In my opinion, it makes their characters more solidified and sensical. I've never been one for heavy character customization. Leads to high amounts of gameplay and story discrepancies. Also, it makes things complicated and I don't really like making choices all that much. I value simplicity.

The only flaw to me was the damage cap. It was very easy to get to 9,999 and I think it should've been higher.

You sir, are awesome. Didn't think someone else would post about it before me. Just noticed it after I typed up my post!
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)
I hear a lot of people had pretty harsh things to say about Final Fantasy XIV, but after looking over the official website and listening to a good majority of the soundtrack, I'm beginning to think it might be underrated. I wasn't able to play the beta for it, so If anyone here has, would they be willing to tell me what they think of the game? Edited by Fire_Fly

(edited)

I have a three way tie between FFIX, Dirge of Cerberus and Crystal Chronicles.

Final Fantasy IX is just general RPG goodness, it has the best of everything in the series up to that point including story, characters, dungeon themes and design, music (especially with that awesome moAbi medley of the FFIX battle themes that I will link to at the bottom of my post for all to hear because it's amazing and everyone should know it) and it's ability system is my absolute favorite of any RPG ever. I wish more games had a similar system. I hear Lost Odyssey has a similar ability system to it but I don't have a 360 so I can't play it. :(

FFIX has an amazing pace too and it especially picks up when you get to

Terra which has the most hypnotic song I've ever heard in a video game. I literally space out like I'm being hypnotized when I listen to Terra's theme not to mention the whole Pandemonium and You're Not Alone part. The music alone makes that part epic but then you get to Garland and beat him and see the destruction of Terra because of Kuja going trance. That point on is like the best part of the game imo and I really love everything before it! Especially anything dealing with Beatrix and Freya. Those two just have amazing stories in the game, usually accompanied with amazing music as well

Dirge of Cerberus, while admittedly more of a fanservice game, is just such an amazing game. Full of action and though it's controls might take some getting used to it's ultimately an epic game. Especially the level where

you go inside Omega. The music, being in Chaos form and using the Death Penalty and the shmup-esque sequences all make this a very epic level. It's worth it to play through the game just for this level but the rest of the game is awesome too. Seeing the world of FFVII in a new light. I know RPG towns are usually bigger than they look because you only see a confined area within them but I seriously was blown away by the Kalm level and how big the town actually was despite knowing RPG towns are not something to go by in terms of realistic size.

The only thing I didn't like about DoC is it's stupid save system. It uses a save state system which makes it impossible to go back through earlier levels with your current equipment, It starts you back there with the equipment you had in that level and the game only holds one save file/playthrough at a time. Only way to play through the game with your new equipment is to start a NewGame+ which automatically starts you on the next difficulty up. I would have preferred to play through the same difficulty with powerful weapons.

Then there's Crystal Chronicles, ah this game has one of the most amazing atmospheres in a video game. Throughout the majority of this game you aren't even going on an epic quest of some sort, you are just trying to help your village survive by collecting Myrrh and though a story does develop here and there throughout the years it's just amazing to be able to interact with townsfolk from other villages who have their own caravans doing the exact same thing you are. The only beef I have with that is the fact that you can't go in buildings at all. All the people are outside and you just walk around what's little more than a hub but in spite of that it's still got an amazing atmosphere. Then you get around to the dungeons which all have awesome design and are even pretty creative like the giant's dwelling which is a mansion that has a master (forget the name of the monster) and his wife (a giant lamia) who are waiting for dinner and you go through the mansion killing the servants which are tonberries and the guards which are gargoyles and those magician cat things. That's just ONE of the levels and it's from early in the game too. Don't even get me started on the final boss and sequence which is amazing.

After you fight the meteor parasite (which is where all the miasma in the game is coming from) you go through a sequence leading to the one who feeds off of people's memories which are taken from them because of the miasma. You then have to fight this being who in his final form will try to eat your memories. You gain memories by going through dungeons and writing in your journal (done automatically as you do things in the game, of course) and the more memories you have the better because you actually have to use these memories to fight the final boss with mega attacks and a special defense that makes you invincible for a short time as well as healing. It's kind of at random but it's using your memories to do it. If you run out of memories, you are pretty vulnerable in that fight though it's not impossible. It's just such an epic battle with great music.

That's what I have to say about that and those are my favorite Final Fantasy games. I've played quite a few of the games in the series but there's a few I haven't yet though such as FFII, FFV, Crisis Core, Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers, FFXI, FFXIV, FF Tactics Advance, FF Tactics A2, FFXIII-2, Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fate and Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Dungeon (and maybe a few others I can't think of) and I've only played a little of some of them like FFI, FFIV and FFT.

And now for that FFIX battle medley I promised!

Edited by Raronoopa
  • Brohoof 3

I hear a lot of people had pretty harsh things to say about Final Fantasy XIV, but after looking over the official website and listening to a good majority of the soundtrack, I'm beginning to think it might be underrated. I wasn't able to play the beta for it, so If anyone here has, would they be willing to tell me what they think of the game?

t more to a game than the soundtrack and the website trailer, my friend. star wars knight of the old republic has a great soundtrack, but the game itself is a toilet. try FFXIV for erself and then talk to me again.

Posted Imageff VII is okay, but there's no beating this one . oif you have even a passing interest in jrpgs, you have to play it. you cant not!

I have played and beaten most of them. My favorite is Final Fantasy 7, ever since I played the game when I was young and I always liked Cloud's character, once I got to really get into the story since I was very young at the time and I got to really feel how the character does. Being helpless and powerless against a powerful enemies. He in turn became powerful to protect the world from its death.

It also made me overjoyed when I saw advent children from a employee of my father's that enjoyed the show as well.

Whats your favorite final fantasy? I ask of you brony folk, I wait a answer, so speak.

I played through Final Fanasty 7 on my psp and freaking LOVED that game!!! I'll have to play the others to see what my favorite would be but FF7 was AMAZING!!! Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 were games that I also loved as well!