Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(edited)

So I joined here about a month ago and told you guys I'm a musician and that I was busy with some songs. Well I have my first three brony songs done. Here's the first. The next two need to be mixed and whatnot but will be up soon as well. I'm hoping to really step onto the brony music scene. I'm only 18 so I have awhile to catch up to people like thelivingtombstone and woodentoaster. I am busy with work (paying for college here) so when I get to things I get to things.

Thanks a bunch to Cast for creating the artwork.

[media]

[/media]

Youtube is being stupid and not letting me re-edit the video at the moment, so DOWNLOAD-

Edited by ZANDER
  • Brohoof 6

(edited)

I'm so downloading this. You are really good. I have my nice headphones going, and I feel like dancing ;-;

There' no download link :c

Edited by Crona The Critic

I assume those are your vocals. The intro is very nice. It keeps a nice, upbeat tone to it, and the voice really compliments the instrumental. The change from the singing to rap isn't bad at all, sure it's a little abrupt, but overall, not that bad. I must say, though that each part isn't that long. Your song is good at keeping things relatively "fresh", in the sense that you don't get bored by repetitiveness too much. But again, it'd be nicer if some parts were a little longer.

If I had to rate, I'd give this a 7/10. Not bad, not bad at all. :)

Thank you for all the supporting comments :D

Yes the shortness of it was actually something I contemplated for weeks. I thought it would be better to have short and sweet rather than long and repetitive after listening to "avast fluttershy's arse". Most songs I produce are between 3 and 5 minutes. Everything including my singing/rapping is all me. This song was in the works for a bit longer than 2 months. I stagger my projects so I'm always working on multiple things. This song's timeline was something like :

Write/record instrumental: 3 weeks.

Write/record lyrics: 1 week

Vocal editing: 1 week

Mixing: 1 week

Mastering: 2 weeks

Listening in car/waiting for artwork: 2 weeks

I plan on doing a tutorial video on how to produce a song in a DAW step by step by time lapsing and slowing down a video of myself creating a new project I have in mind. Depends on the interest I guess.