Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Share your childhood openings

Ghastchip

I was thinking, I'm sure most of us were raised with cartoons and by cartoons, wether it was something from the 80's, 90's or something that's timeless (like tom and jerry, some old disney and Warner brother's sketches) they brought to tons of fun and laughter, and they even gave us lessons

No matter what's the language of the opening, because I'm sure that as we're from different countries we have different intros, let us share

I'd like this topic to be a pleasant exprience, show we can remember things from our childhood and learn about other's childhood, so, I'll start by giving people some openings from portugal for some animes

Digimon adventure:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD7aFtmMcY4

Digimon adventure 02

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ElOpd6zRC0

So, please share

And if this infringes on the cophright rule then please close the topic, I don't want to break any rules

Oh, I couldn't post more than two links, so I'll just put some more here, and hopefully this post will the merged with the last one.

Sailor moon:

And of course, sakura card captor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTjfr45jybY

Those were the shows I watched, I also watched some kiddie shows, but I can't remember the names, so I won't put them here

As a kid, I used to watch soooo many cartoons, but now it feels like they cancelled everything :[ Looney Tunes was my main show I used to watch, then I got into Pokemon and Digimon. I used to collect toys and play with them at school, then the popularity at my school died so we started playing Beyblade!

As a kid, I used to watch soooo many cartoons, but now it feels like they cancelled everything :[ Looney Tunes was my main show I used to watch, then I got into Pokemon and Digimon. I used to collect toys and play with them at school, then the popularity at my school died so we started playing Beyblade!

Ah beyblade, it only remember one thing, they kept the english expression "Let it rip" but as we were kids that didn't know any english we always said "let it eep" instead, and that was embarassing

I used to love the first original Beyblade, it was a big thing around school to have a toy of one it seemed!

So I love this opening, good memories.

I used to love the first original Beyblade, it was a big thing around school to have a toy of one it seemed!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=if8YvZG800c

So I love this opening, good memories.

We kept the english opening, though I didn't undestand a word when I was little, it just sounded awesome, and it got me into the toys, it seemed like yesterday that I bought one with real metal, and it destroyed the little puny plastic ones from my friends and I had to buy them new ones

Those, Edd Ed N Eddy, and Fosters were my faqvorite shows of all time (Other than MLP of course XD) :P

http-~~-//www.gametrailers.com/videos/h7ygf9/pokemon-emerald-pokemon-original-opening-theme

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L5AaWCmkV8

You gotta catch 'em all.

Holy crud, this show so hard. Still have at least one of my old VHS tapes. Good times.

I guess I should say that you can watch free episodes online in the official pokemon website, I don't know if there are all of them, but there's a large part of them, so go watch them

I can't see what's the other show because it gives me an error, so thanks

I guess I should say that you can watch free episodes online in the official pokemon website, I don't know if there are all of them, but there's a large part of them, so go watch them

I can't see what's the other show because it gives me an error, so thanks

I fixed the error, now I've got one up that give audio. Still no opening. No need to be rude.

Anyways, they've got the old ones up? The good ones? *goes to nostalgia trip*

I fixed the error, now I've got one up that give audio. Still no opening. No need to be rude.

Anyways, they've got the old ones up? The good ones? *goes to nostalgia trip*

Sorry if if sounded rude or obnoxious, but yes, they got episode from kanto to unova, I do believe there are hundreds of them, I, myself, have spent some nights viewing the first season episodes, and it's completelly legal

The site is Pokemon.com in case you can't find it (though it's probably the first site that pops up)

So, the only intro I can fully remember is the english version of the first opening of pokemon, but we here had all seasons dubbed, as the rights have been bought recently and they have dubbed seasons 10, 11 12, 13 and 14 in only 6 months, so we had an episode almost daily, but the truth is, the video I'm about to show only has some intros, that's because it's an old video, but it has most of them until diamond and pearl

Openings from pokemon (portugal)

Ah, nostalgia

Now that I think of it, it's a rather cheery opening for such a semi-grim/dramatic cartoon. (can't find the Spanish version but the English one translates very well)

I keep hearing the Latin dubs used to be just as good as the original Japanese. Perhaps that's not such a farfetched notion after all.

• 2 years later...

Favourite cartoon from my childhood. Japan created the most bad-ass show ever.

Also, this one is from my own country. And I still love it. One of the most underrated cartoons of all time.

• 5 months later...
(edited)

The opening that defined my childhood:

And even though I didn't watch it all that often, Duck Tales had a kickass opening that never left your mind:

...I kinda like how the last line of the last chorus says "Not pony tales or cotton tales...", almost as if to subtly jab at ol' MLP. :P

Edited by The Thrashy One
  • Brohoof 1

I bet no one has even heard of this, but I used to watch it alot when I was really young (even though I didn't fully understand it ^^; )

And I think we still have DVD's of this somewhere in the house lol...

I also particularly remember the theme from Danny Phantom, even though I didn't have Nickelodeon as a kid and only watched it during the summers that we visited the US...