Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is your favorite game series and why?

Evil Nightmares

I just keep coming back to Final Fantasy when it's all about game series. Sure they don't follow much of a continuity between games and at times the storylines are dumb as hell but that doesn't change how important these games have become for the genre.

My top series has to be Metal Gear Solid. It's incredibly well written and is the only series where every game has made me cry.

It doesn't matter how many times I play through MGS2, Emma's death will ALWAYS make me cry.

Hideo Kojima knows how to wrap a dramatic story in mystery, then bathe it in comedy and emotion, and he does this without ruining the plot.

That's a hard thing to say for most games nowadays.

Kingdom hearts, and Pokemon. I love the strategies you need to use in pokemon.

I also love how you can go to multiple different worlds in Kingdom Hearts, that's so creative.

Also pirates of the carribean world FTW.

I'd have to say The Elder Scrolls is probably my favorite game series. Played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, all great games.

My second favorite is probably CoD, mostly due the the boring, yet repetitive and very addicting gameplay.

It's a mix between Pokemon, Zelda, and Mario. I've put countless hours into each game and I absolutely loved it. If I had to pick one, though, I would go with Zelda. Mario being 2nd and Pokemon 3rd.

I really like all the elder scrolls games & fallout games. & i hope they make more left for dead games... idk why they stopped at 2 they are so much fun!

Well My top3 Favorite Game Series are Final Fantasy, Kirby, and Pokemon.

The Reason why:

I've been playing Final Fantasy Series for the longest time, but I have the very First Final Fantasy Game which was for the NES and then I played the Final Fantasy 2/4 and 3/6 for the SNES. I used to have Final Fantasy VII, but not anymore. My All-Time is Final Fantasy XI which was the MMORPG and I've been playing that game for a long time. As for Kirby Games, I've been into the Series since I played the Original Kirby Super Star for the SNES and Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards for the N64 so I liked the Adventures, Gameplay, and the Abilities on Kirby Series. As for Pokemon, I've been into the series since I got the Pokemon Stadium 1 for the N64 and then I skipped to 3rd Pokemon Generation which was Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen and The Reason why is that I like to test my own Strategy in the Pokemon Series

Three of my favorites would be Halo, Mass Effect, and Fallout. Why? Halo is a great FPS with a solid storyline, memorable characters, and fun yet intense multiplayer. Mass Effect has an amazing storyline and it's really cool how all of your choices and conversations can and will affect the storyline. Fallout has endless hours of combat and exploration with humor added in there.

Some other favorites of mine are Pokemon, Zelda, and Pikmin.

Hands down my favorite is the Sonic the Hedgehog series. I've been a fan of every single game to date. (Except the Game Gear ones.) Games like Adventure 2 and Generations really make me like Sonic even more.

Other than that, I'm also a fan of Mario, Kirby, Pikmin, Phoenix Wright, Rockstar games, and a few more.

To ADD to the list of Favorite game series of mine

I have to say the DDR series for me

I love rhythmically stepping on arrows :3

it's an excellent form anger management >:3

Borderlands FTW! I was completely addicted to Borderlands, now I can't wait for Borderlands 2. I love to loot, so it really fed my addiction.

I love to loot, so it really fed my addiction.

...what does this mean?

& i am totally addicted to borderlands!!!!! i can't WAIT for borderlands 2... SO EXCITED!!!!!!

The Saints Row Trilogy, The Elder Scrolls, Pokemon, Kirby, Mario, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Half Life, Half Life 2 and its Episodes, and The Legend of Zelda. Possibly best Game series i have ever player... EVER...

Edited by Fancy Pants
  • Brohoof 1

Fallout and Freespace and the Freelancer/Starlancer series thing that got messed up due to low budget.

I love Fallout, especially three, it just feels so... wonderfully apocalyptic. I get that sense of ruined world exploring all the rubble. Plus, who doesn't love Three Dog? AWOOOOOOOOOOOO!

As to the others, I love space combat simulators. Favorite. Genre. Ever. It's too bad it died. Nothing is more fun than pulling back on a joystick, pressing the missile button with your thumb, watching a missile fly out from under your wing and blow up another ship!

...what does this mean?

& i am totally addicted to borderlands!!!!! i can't WAIT for borderlands 2... SO EXCITED!!!!!!

I love to loot for things. lol like Ammo and guns and stuff. I loved the game Rage, but there wasn't enough hidden stuff for me!

i dont sure if its a game series (i dont know what it is), but i think its tekken.

the reason is because im almost epic at tekken and suck at any other game :blush:

i dont sure if its a game series (i dont know what it is), but i think its tekken.

the reason is because im almost epic at tekken and suck at any other game :blush:

YES, DUDE, I LOVE the Tekken Series

even though I suck at it big time :blush:

I Mean, It's not everyday you get to play as a fighting Kangaroo or Polar bear

My fave though, is the mechanical badass known as Jack-5

I still haven't figured out how to do those badass moves though :blush:

YES, DUDE, I LOVE the Tekken Series

even though I suck at it big time :blush:

I Mean, It's not everyday you get to play as a fighting Kangaroo or Polar bear

My fave though, is the mechanical badass known as Jack-5

I still haven't figured out how to do those badass moves though :blush:

you didnt?

this is the only game that my fingers understand! and the awesome moves are really hard to do, replace them with spontaniouse combos :D

My favorite series would include LoZ (obviously) fallout, the elder scrolls (played them all even shadow key) halo, crysis, doom (also quake )series! half-life, contra, warhammer 40k, warcraft/starcraft series and many more, probably too many :) sadly most new games don't have that WOW! effect...

My all time favorite game series would have to be Dead Space because of the graphics and the great story mode that leaves you wanting more and the crazy ideas they have for the designs for the aliens and the scares.

Legend of Zelda because of the adventures and the upgrades and weapons you get.

And Resident Evil because of the survival horror scenario about surviving in a zombie infested city and the way they connect the whole story-line. With 6+ games, any other game would have been drained of its greatness, but not RE.

Edited by Stranger
  • Brohoof 1

I love to loot for things. lol like Ammo and guns and stuff. I loved the game Rage, but there wasn't enough hidden stuff for me!

oh! i love that too, i didn't realize there was a name for it - if you have never played skyrim or fallout try those - best looting games! i love it. stuff everywhere! :D

mega man: it teach you how to play when your playing and some of the most creative bosses i have seen

most mario games: i only say that because they tacked the mario name on a lot of games and some sucked and mose of them are awesome!

the smash brothers:i just love all of characters going head to head

castlevania:its so (bleep*!) hard! but awesome !

soul caliber:i'm a fencer in my spare time,and this game is one of the things that made me want to do it :)

I don't know if I could choose a favorite... It's too close to call, but if I had to choose it would be something like...

1. Metroid/Zelda/Kingdom Hearts

1.5. Pokemon/Super Smash Bros/Tales (only tales of symphonia/phantasia)

2. Animal Crossing

2.5. Kid Icarus

3. Everything else can go here

Oh yeah I have to say why... Hmm...

Well Metroid is awesome, I love the atmosphere of those games, the powerups and exploration and just the atmosphere in general. I also love the story of samus and I wish Nintendo would make a game focusing more on her growing up because I think theres a ton of potential there

Kingdom Hearts has a great story, it's fun to get new abilities and level up and explore the different worlds. Although Square Enix brought the quality down from the first game in my opinion.

And Zelda.. What to say about Zelda... It's just one of those game series that's all around awesome. Awesome stoof, awesome places to go, awesome stories, awesome villains, awesome puzzles, and its very creative and fun to play.

I totally agree with ya, as Zelda is my fave franchise, I like Metroid also, specially Super Metroid, the atmosphere in the Metroid Prime series is amazing, and they did kinda tell more about Samus's story in Other M, the game got bad reviews though, but I don't care, the game was awesome, epic music and boss battles, and the gameplay was great coz u could use Melee attacks, unlike the older titles, it was just shooting, jumping, and turning into the ball, I deman better reviews for Other M, seriously Dx.

I totally agree with ya, as Zelda is my fave franchise, I like Metroid also, specially Super Metroid, the atmosphere in the Metroid Prime series is amazing, and they did kinda tell more about Samus's story in Other M, the game got bad reviews though, but I don't care, the game was awesome, epic music and boss battles, and the gameplay was great coz u could use Melee attacks, unlike the older titles, it was just shooting, jumping, and turning into the ball, I deman better reviews for Other M, seriously Dx.

oh and KH too, I want Dream Drop Distance so bad xD, I played the demo and I was amazed, I have KH 1 and 2 on PS2. Final Fantasy is another epic series btw.

My all time favorite game series would have to be Dead Space because of the graphics and the great story mode that leaves you wanting more and the crazy ideas they have for the designs for the aliens and the scares.

Legend of Zelda because of the adventures and the upgrades and weapons you get.

And Resident Evil because of the survival horror scenario about surviving in a zombie infested city and the way they connect the whole story-line. With 6+ games, any other game would have been drained of its greatness, but not RE.

I like the RE series also, at first I got mad when RE4 came out coz there were no zombies anymore, just sick Spaniards cursing at you, but the new gameplay was ok, same with RE5, but 4 had a better story. at least the series went back with Revelations, and it feels like it has RE4 difficulty, but scary unlike RE4 and 5. RE6 will have the classic zombies, only that deadlier, and smarter, good thing. I would say my fave RE is RE2. =)

The Saints Row Trilogy, The Elder Scrolls, Pokemon, Kirby, Mario, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Half Life, Half Life 2 and its Episodes, and The Legend of Zelda. Possibly best Game series i have ever player... EVER...

damn dude I so approve that list u just wrote there, epic titles, at least we have all those series in common xD