Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rate song, then post another!

Marshmallow

Jesus christ, nine minutes... That was quite long.

You think 9 minutes long pfffftt.. :P try nearly 11 minutes!

Alright the first moment I listened to the song you posted I was blown away absolutely beautiful!!

10/10 easily 

@@Fillypino Fried,

20/10 for that Maiden song happens to be one of my favorites by them.

Edited by Gone Airbourne
  • Brohoof 1

11 minutes? How 'bout 24 minutes? ;)

:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o  Duuude how in the world!!?!?! I literally was going to post something by Dream Theater are you psychic?!?!! The Clairvoyant  :-o  :-o  :-o  :-o

11/10 if it's Dream Theater I know it's gonna be good but still gonna listen to it.

... I literally have goosebumps up and down my arm o_O

Edited by Gone Airbourne
  • Brohoof 1

20 Minutes of Rush I'm in heaven Def. gonna listen to it all and still am.

11/10

Ever heard a song of Maiden played on the piano!?! :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

5/10  meh

Six and a half minutes of trance. You can call it nothing when it's clearly something; simplicity has the ability to be stronger in invoking emotions than complexity. The singular use of the chords with subtle and slow progressive changes tells a story unable to be told by a song with too much.

I disagree with that notion,  I've always found the songs that stick with me the most are the ones that have a catchy, head bobbing beat behind them.  I don't really mind it if a song starts off slow and transient, but it's best if it slowly builds up towards something epic. Here's a good example of that.

• Brohoof 1

I disagree with that notion,  I've always found the songs that stick with me the most are the ones that have a catchy, head bobbing beat behind them.  I don't really mind it if a song starts off slow and transient, but it's best if it slowly builds up towards something epic. 

That's where subjectivity comes in. A song doesn't need to be catchy and "head-bobbing" in order to sound well. And the song doesn't need to build up towards something epic, the minimal sound is what's so epic of it: they've created a more than calming song with just one chord progression and synth, the modulation of that synth is the subtle detail that keeps the song from just being an endless loop, but the overall simplicity of it is to marvel at. Boards of Canada prove themselves to be skilful by epitomising the capacity of minimalism to convey the same strong emotions that the ability of complexity has as well. They could have easily created the same atmosphere using their entire arsenal of musical knowledge, but the fact that they did so with limiting that knowledge, highlights their music is both powerful and amazing.

7/10

Here's another great example of minimal sound. One chord progression, one synth, one beat pattern but diversified with the screams in the background and a speech by Alan Watts on "what is I?"

Edited by Holiday