Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any scene that makes you cringe or that you refuse to watch?

Silly Lily

She was defeated by the all-consuming power drawn from Shining Armour and Princess Cadance's love for each other.

Seems a bit ridiculous to me, because the Changeling Queen stated that love powers her, so she was easily defeated by something that powers her? It's like Hulk being defeated by anger.

• Brohoof 1

Seems a bit ridiculous to me, because the Changeling Queen stated that love powers her, so she was easily defeated by something that powers her? It's like Hulk being defeated by anger.

She gains power from people loving her, not from having it shot in her face. She gets people to love her by taking the form of a lovable person, but every freaking pony hated her at that point, and she wasn't taking the form of anypony, so there was no power to be gained then, so the love that was used on her defeated her. Since her power is love, they were basically fighting fire with fire, which is used a lot in fights and stuff in movies or TV shows. It's not ridiculous. Edited by ThatGuyWhoAteTheCookies

Well, for me the only scenes I don't like watching are

Gilda's evil doing with Fluttershy :(

Winter wrap up scene (Idk I just get too into it, and have it in my head all dang day!)

and lastly the "Love is in Bloom" ending for Season 2, I didn't like that song for some odd reason...

I think they meant it to be super over the top. It showcased how she was letting here wings get to her head. In order words your right, and it was meant to be cringe inducing.

Yes, I believe so too, but at least she learned her lesson in the end(almost falling to death can do that to a pony).

The times that I cringed were pretty much the theme song when I was first watching the show (but now I've noticed myself singing it in my head sometimes) and the more recent episode "Hearts and Hooves Day" when Big Mac and Cheerilee say all that overly romantic stuff. I'm kind like the CMC in that case I guess because I have similar reactions to the name especially when compared to Scootaloo. It's not really cringing, but in a way it is, but I do get slightly uncomfortable when Pinkie Pie sings while at the Gala. It's not the fact that she is singing, it's what she does while she sings. She is going to everypony and invading everypony's space. I just think to myself "pinkie, no! Oh, why?! :( "

|--(0)--|

techno915

When Fluttershy completely mauled the bear in the episode lesson zero

Posted Image

Fluttershy sends chill's down my spine... do NOT mess with her! *wise words*

Hm, I don't find that as cringe inducing as much as I find it incredibly awesome. ;)

I can only think of when Twilight went and said, 'Hi girls," to the CMC, because that sounded outright creepy. It was just too out of character for me. I can sit through it, but I'm easier to startle during the scene.

The opening of the show is what makes me cringe the most. I don't want to see my friends and family come out of nowhere, watching the opening of a show that most people misunderstand. I skip it all the time no matter what.

I can only think of when Twilight went and said, 'Hi girls," to the CMC, because that sounded outright creepy. It was just too out of character for me. I can sit through it, but I'm easier to startle during the scene.

She was pretty much driven insane by the fear of being sent back to magic kindergarten and the failure of her friends to comfort her in the crisis. I wouldn't necessarily say it was out of character.

Just an opening, I consistently just skip over it; then again I haven't actually watched MLP episodes consciously for some time. I've been mainly going over the scenes for my own artistic endeavors.

This post made me cringe:

She gains power from people loving her, not from having it shot in her face.

IF you know what I mean.

Also, the first scene with Fluttershy in S1E01. I'm always expecting Twi to smack a filly and say "SPIT IT OUT!" when Fluttershy insists on mumbling.

• Brohoof 1

The only scene that makes me cringe is the scene where Fluttershy tears Pinkie and Rarity a new one in Putting Your Hoof Down. Breaks my heart every time

Edited by brian577

The only scene that makes me cringe is the scene where Fluttershy tears Pinkie and Rarity a new one in Putting Your Hoof Down. Breaks my heart every time

For some reason, I actually liked Flutterbitch in that episode. It's actually the stuff before those scenes that I cringe at. I mean, I managed to watch the episode, but it just took some effort to get to that point.

For some reason, I actually liked Flutterbitch in that episode. It's actually the stuff before those scenes that I cringe at. I mean, I managed to watch the episode, but it just took some effort to get to that point.

Oh liked her too and overall I thought the episode was excellent. I just find the seen disturbing, in a good way, but disturbing none the less

A vast majority of the show's musical bits. I've always hated those types of things, and My Little Pony is a cluster-buck filled with em'.

Yeeuck!

The synchronized swarming in Fall Weather Friends. I literally groaned loudly at the sight of that. It's also my least favorite S1 episode, but that's just one of the reasons why.

I have whole episodes that I skipped. Baby cakes, Owl's well that ends well, and the Mare Do Well episode. Also, the jelly pony in Hearts and Hooves day. That's almost as screwed up as Minty's sock fetish in G3.

• Brohoof 1

I refuse to watch the theme song, if that counts. I've never actually skipped an episode before (mostly because the episodes I have low expectations of tend to be my favorite, as I'm not getting my hopes too high).I cringed a lot during Party of One for obvious reasons.

Oh, and the fake blood in Owl's Well that Ends Well, when Spike tries to set up Owlowliscious. It wasn't that it looked realistic, it was because of me thinking, "This IS still a children's show about friendship-right?' In the same episode, Twilight telling Spike that she didn't love him anymore was off putting. It was just one of season 1's darker episodes, I guess.

Edited by Rarietty

When I first started watching the opening theme is what made me cringe. It has grown on me now though then I would have preferred to skip over it. Just as well much of episode two had me tensing up a bit just because of the cliches that are used (frankly I don't believe that episode does the rest of the show justice). I especially cringed at the "Shadowbolts." Not much originality there :/

This kind of scenes from Mare-Do-Well

Posted Image

"Never fear, your friendly neighbourhood Rainbow Dash is here!"

They gave me the willies. I nearly skipped the episode just for that

Ha Ha, yeah, that made me cringe too. She really had to say that every time.

Edited by Twilight Yagami

A few actually. First there was the CMC's..."performance" for lack of a better term in Show Stoppers. I know it was intentionally terrible, but that still doesn't keep me from wincing the few times I've seen it. Then Twilight's slow descent into madness from Lesson Zero, again meant to be funny, but for me incredibly unsettling to watch her slowly lose her damn mind. Pinkie going crazy was funny in an unsettling way, Twilight...not so much. Last, but not least, everything said by Big Mac and Cheerilee while under the influence of the Love Poison. Just...ugh.

• Brohoof 1

I remember when I first started watching the show, the opening theme made me cringe to the point where I skipped over it. But now, I actually really like it, and sometimes even sing along with it~

Other than that, I can't really think of anything that makes me cringe when watching the show. I can, however, think of things that make me rage. But I don't think that counts. xD

• Brohoof 1