Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post your unpopular opinions

Lord Theoretical

Led Zeppelin are boring for some people, Pink Floyd no matter what you say revolutionized music in an unbelievable way, and as for The Beatles, it's a 50/50 for most people so I wouldn't consider it unpopular.

I could never get that into Led Zeppelin for some reason, I mean they're good, but I just don't care for them a whole lot, idk.

Honestly, I've never really listened to Pink Floyd, which I really should, but I just haven't had the motivation.

As for the Beatles, I've heard tons of their songs and I like some of them, but there are a few that just annoy me.

(edited)

- Video games critics are terrible. If it's a first person shooter? Automatic high rating. If it's anything kid friendly not named Mario? Automatic low rating. Plus, most of them are hypocritical jerks.

- Professional movie critics are worse. I don't even bother with them anymore. I can get a much better idea on a movie's quality by reading reviews by regular people.

- Not a fan of any of those adult-oriented comedy cartoons. South Park, Family Guy, American Dad, Simpsons, etc all stink.

Yeah, now that I think about it, these may not be all that unpopular. *Shrug*

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

I could never get that into Led Zeppelin for some reason, I mean they're good, but I just don't care for them a whole lot, idk.

Honestly, I've never really listened to Pink Floyd, which I really should, but I just haven't had the motivation.

As for the Beatles, I've heard tons of their songs and I like some of them, but there are a few that just annoy me.

Pink Floyd were most likely the first band with a very experimental sound to them to make it popular, Dark Side of the Moon still feels like an outside of the box album even though it's an album that's over 30 years old. I agree with you on The Beatles I can withstand some of their songs, but their other ones I dislike heavily.

I used to LOVE Led Zeppelin, I'd listen to them at home, on my way to school, between classes, DURING classes, etc...

The Beatles just seem more insipid than the stuff in the 90s-today

(edited)

I like this topic..

1. Auto-Tune, while it is an interesting concept to use in musical production, it steals the true nature of one's actual voice. (It's also overused)

2. I don't hate hip-hop, I just don't like the use of derogatory language, but I can understand the concepts and emotion driven in the song. Also musicians in the community like Flying Lotus, J Dilla, Pete Rock, DJ Premier, The Alchemist, AIM, and others are amazing.

3. Like I've said earlier, Polyamory is not something to shame or to think is wrong on an inherent level, everyone has their own preferences. In my books it is fine.

4. I deeply judge people based on their character and actions, nothing else.

5. When I say I like electronica, that does not automatically mean I like dubstep. tongue.png

6. The public education model is doing nothing to create originality in students, but instead, it's molding then into a character that lacks any enlightenment.

Edited by NostalgicPony
  • Brohoof 1

Rooster Teeth Let's Plays >>>>>>>>>>>>> Game Grumps Let's Plays.

Game Grumps are decent and all, but I'm not as crazed about them (or JonTron and Egoraptor's solo work) as everyone else seems to be.

Gavin from Rooster Teeth is the best.

• Brohoof 1

Keep Calm and X is one of the most overused phrases ever. When I was in Japan last week they even had shirts of it there. It's getting incredibly old. 

I completely agree. The first time I saw the phrase, it was in its original form as a poster someone had in their dorm room. Because he was a big gamer and nerd, I asked him if it was from a video game, as it reminded me of something like Bioshock or Fallout, and he told me the history behind it. My reaction was, "Huh... That's really cool."

Months later, I saw it again in an altered form and thought its creator was clever to reference something that I thought was obscure. Of course the time came when it popped up with more and more regularity, and now it seems as though most people are aware of the poster's history, and all further mutations, like every exploitation "meme", come across as forced and watered down attempts to bank some laughs.

• Brohoof 1

I know that cloppers are fans as well. There are countless fetishes, and rule 34 is one of them. If I wanted to be judgmental, I could say that bronies have become argumental snobs.

This forum is largely why I don't call myself a brony anymore.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not a fan of "Lesson Zero"

I loathe peanut butter.

Shipping same-sex characters = no.

I don't like Lyra as a character interested in humans. I prefer the "Background Pony" version, sad as it is.

I believe in a young Earth.

I hate all modern music, except folk (I do listen to some fan made pony related music, but I am very picky) Rap is crap, country is pop with a southern voice, pop is stupid and morally degrading, dubstep and anything like it is dumb. Since when did modern rock become not rock?

People who say that modern music is bad kinda bug me (no offense). It's just that, why would you complain about how "bad" music is today, when you can look for more music to listen to instead? I would much rather listen to modern bands like Opeth and Between the Buried and Me over crappy 80's hair bands like Poison and Bon Jovi.

Rant time:

I kinda hate people

I like grimdark stuff

80's music is overrated as fuck

95% of the good music from the 80's wasn't even mainstream

Music is far from dead

I find the majority of "hard rock" to be bland and too soft for my taste

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

1. Can't stand people who refer to others as "Pony", use the term "Everypony" and THEN act all cheesy with one another.

2. Dislike Gangnam Style 

3. Today's music isn't bad 

4. Apple>Android

5. Character limit of 100 sucks. Should be 50.

5. Anime is overrated (At least where I'm from, people are addicted to it and never stop talking about it)

Edited by Sirwest299

(edited)

- Video games critics are terrible. If it's a first person shooter? Automatic high rating. If it's anything kid friendly not named Mario? Automatic low rating. Plus, most of them are hypocritical jerks.

Fully agree. This makes it even worse when they comment about games in another genre "just playing the same as the prequel"... except they don't!

I think it is pretty telling that arguably the best beat 'em ups of this period of gaming, Koei's Warriors games, have problem breaking 50 or 60 out of 100.

These are games with variety(some has 95+ movesets), difficulty(anyone claiming these games to be easy has clearly not ever tried the higher difficulty settings), and grand music.

Nice collection of a certain character's theme from the different games:

Edited by RWB
  • Brohoof 1

I realized another unpopular opinion. Deadpool can beat anyone in a fight. Everyone I've ever talked to about superheros(and anti-heroes) said that batman, superman, or wolverine was e best hero. I only know of 2 more people who agree with the fact that Deadpool can beat anyone in a fight.

I don't like League of Legends.

This new console generation sucks ass. Big time.

I realized another unpopular opinion. Deadpool can beat anyone in a fight. Everyone I've ever talked to about superheros(and anti-heroes) said that batman, superman, or wolverine was e best hero. I only know of 2 more people who agree with the fact that Deadpool can beat anyone in a fight.

Can Deadpool beat Chuck Norris and/or Bruce Lee?

• Brohoof 1

The 3DS is completely terrible and i prefer the DSI anytime of the day 

All the background characters had their 15 minutes of fame. Came and went    

-No matter how bad Equestria Girls end up, it can't really be worse than certain terrible episodes of FiM itself.

Also, I'm a Butterfly now! Yay!!

This thread sucks, and all of these "unpopular" opinions aren't even unpopular anymore.

I wanted this thread to die.

I don't mind MLP lesbian shippings.

Fuck Consoles, PS4, Xbox One, fuck em all. Too expensive, overrated, overhyped, full of shit, full of problems.

Christianity is a joke, come at me bro!

• Brohoof 1

I don't understand dubstep, nor do I care to try. Bloomberg is better than Tom. Dead Space 3 was a really really good game. There is no true way to know if their is a god.

Nintendo sucks

Bacon tastes like crap

Football is boring as all hell

Calling yourself a "closet brony"

Mountain Dew is the worst drink ever

1.sort of

2.i gasped like pinkie pie in the beginning of Wonderbolt academy when i heard that

3.yes

4.???

5.Sort of, its a little good but i dont drink it

• Brohoof 1

Human behavior develops under the environment. Brain development and genetics will be crucial to making this realization. "Human nature", which is a euphemism for genetic determinism, is a simplistic idea that serves only to justify the ruling ideology because that's always more important than the lives of people or so society tells us.

• Brohoof 1

• I'm pro-choice and proud of it

Organized religion is an archaic joke; individual faith, however, I don't object to, being a deist personally

On that note, however, organized religion CAN do good things for the world, like the Catholic Church assisting in the Third World. However, it should only be there to help, not try and convert

I know firsthand that weed can have unpleasant psychological effects, and isn't the harmless thing everyone thinks it is

Soccer/Football is the best sport around, not baseball or American Football (Although I do love American Football too)

'Nice' Guys who whine about the friendzone are the problem, not the girl who 'friendzoned' them. I actually just hate the whole concept of friendzoning, all it means is that the girl cares about you enough to want to keep a platonic relationship going, if she didn't care at all, she'd tell you to get lost. Women aren't slot machines that give you sex/relationships when you put enough 'nice' coins in

I hate dubstep

'Popular' music can be enjoyable to listen to, even though *gasp!* its widely known!

Apple products aren't great, but they aren't as terrible as everyone acts like they are

MLP: FiM isn't the best show ever made, its just a nice, lighthearted entertainment

Sweetie Belle is best pony 

(edited)

-Hitler was a genius

-Aliens are controling our lives

-Pokemon games suck (loved the cartoons though)

-There are people in this world that dont deserve to live (movie "God Bless America")

-Americans are uneducated

1.*banned in Germany* 

2.wtf?

3.yup they do and so does the shows recent seasons >sad.png

4.well everybody has the same rights to live, noone is better than others. unless of coarse that person is a murderer...

5.very true

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
Removal of unneeded content.

i agree with that it is FACT that foreign music is way better that western music, and i hate the character limit!!!!! blah blah blah

I never really liked Eastern music, I find J-pop to be really annoying. I listen to mainly stuff from American and other European countries, half of my music library is either Swedish or Norwegian.

Other than that, I think religion is the plague of humanity.