Post your unpopular opinions

Lord Theoretical

Twilight Sparkle is just the absolute worst. Can't stand her. Perhaps because I see faaaar too much of myself in her. 

So I guess the truly guilty party here is.......me?  :o

Digibro got better after he became/started acting like a stoner.

I don't hate any episode of MLP. No episode has ever pissed me off or anything. While there are some that I think are bad or terrible even, I have no strong feelings against them.

Alicorn Twilight was a good thing.

I don't care much for The Return of Harmony

Gilda is fine. She's a solid character, stop hating her kids!

Fluttershy's episodes are not the same or redundant.

Edit: just realized this wasn't the pony section! Here's some other things:

I do not support minimum wage and think it should be abolished.

I support the legalization of all illegal drugs.

I think public schooling should be replaced with a voucher system for private schools.

I think the police and firefighting industries should be privatized.

I think welfare programs should gradually be done away with and replaced with a negative income tax.

Edited by LZRD WZRD
  • Brohoof 3

Check out my channel for awesome video reviews and analysis!

https://www.youtube.com/c/LZRDWZRD

"We Built This City" by Starship is an amazing song rather that the worst song of all time like some critics say.

• Brohoof 1

All my life needed was a sense of someplace to go. I don't believe that one should devote his life to morbid self-attention. I believe that someone should become a person like other people.

You want another unpopular opinion out of me? 

I absolutely DESPISE labeling ANY of the mane six as worst pony, or even 99.99% of the background ponies for that matter. Do NOT come to me and start saying how bad and disloyal Rainbow is, or how awful and annoying Pinkie Pie is, cause its not worth your breath or my time. If you refuse to look at the positive aspects of a pony and exaggerate their flaws to the point of calling them irredeemable and unforgivable, then that just makes me question your world view and ability to reason effectively. To label someone as worst pony tells me you blanket judge people as well, ignoring their good qualities in favor of the image you have of them in your mind. Would you want someone to so completely condemn you for something YOU did? Would you feel someone parading around your worst moments as a means of labeling you as the WORST HUMAN to be fair and right? 

If no, then Why the hell are you doing it to a cartoon pastel pony who literally did nothing nor COULD do anything against you? 

As far as I'm concerned, If you hate a character that much don't even bother watching the show. 

The reason I started liking Rainbow Dash was actually because people started hating her. They said she was disloyal, so I posted many moments of her being loyal. (That means I had to pay attention to Rainbow's character.) So I grew to like her more. I actually think people who hate a certain pony of the Mane Six just ignore them and never see them grow in my opinion. 

Now my unpopular opinions:

• Generation 1 is great 
  • Sports are boring 
  • I like the color pink (unpopular opinion for men.)
  • I actually support taxes as long as they are reasonable
  • I think Sonic Rainboom was terrible
  • I actually like Dragon Quest (Though not a favorite of mine.)
  • I don't like Dragon Ball or anything related to that. (Though I did like the battle between Twilight and Tirek)
  • I think Applejack is a lesbian. 
  • I DON'T think Rainbow Dash is one. (She isn't, and I wish that wasn't so popular.)
  • Speaking of those two, I don't ship AppleDash. (Not because I think Rainbow is straight. In fact, I still ship Flutterdash)
  • I think McDonald's is nasty. 
  • I don't care much for Maud. (I didn't care for Raven either in Teen Titans)
  • I don't like war based stuff. 
  • I actually like Ramen. (I don't get it because it's cheap. I get it because I like it.)
  • I don't like Trixie. (there's confidence. Then there's cocky. I need an entire paragraph to explain this one.)

I like Rainbow Dash in the fact that she's a great character. Sure, she may be cocky, but she does care about her friends. Also, she does prove to be awesome. Rainbow may let things go to her head, but usually, she isn't the type of pony who would claim that she can do stuff that she doesn't believe she can. She also wouldn't lie (I don't think) to get others to like her. We know Rainbow can preform the Sonic Rainboom. We know that she's a very highly talented flier. Trixie is different, though. Most bronies seem to think Trixie IS a great pony. Sure, she does have a higher than average level of unicorn magic, but she isn't as great as she claims. I mean she lied about vanquishing an Ursa Major. I'm all for confidence, and the occasional cockiness, but Trixie didn't only believe that she was better than everyone at a certain thing, she believed she was better than everyone at everything. If you were to challenge Rainbow to a race, she would have full confidence that she would win. (She most likely will.) Though if you challenged her to a contest where you draw a picture, she may not have the same confidence. Trixie, though, is different. She will believe she can beat you in a race, beat you in a drawing contest, beat you at a push up contest, etc. If you are good at something, by all means, show it off. But saying you're better than everyone at everything is annoying. I dont' get why most bronies love her. 

Edited by RarityFan01
  • Brohoof 6

sig-32599.j50YwVr.png

Rarity Fan Club

My Ponysona

My Drawing of Rarity

While this may make me seem like a soccer mum, I do agree we need to stop using the words 'idiot' too much. Yes, it's annoying to see this pointed out on tumblr so often, but I have friends who are really just not able to cope with studying due to health problems but are really good people. I'm not telling the general populace to stop using it, but the word could be used to dehumanise people with a naturally lower IQ. Really, you could just say something like 'Fox News are fools' or, if you want to be more harsh, 'Fox News is sh*t'. It will practically mean the same thing.

Next to Mulan, Cinderella is pretty much my favourite animated character. Why? Well, I currently live in a bad situation, and her ability to keep on living and dreaming really inspires me.

Britney Spears is actually very inspiring to me too, some of her songs are annoying but even professionals who have worked with her say that she always thinks of the basic concept for each song and video even if she doesn't write them directly, and that compared to some other pop artists she needs less Autotune. Also, if she can get through 2007, she must be quite the badass.

David Tennant the actor is a great, funny person who I would love to meet. David Tennant the Doctor is rubbish.

~ If you're feeling cold, I'll tax the heat. ~

I like to listen to Erasure. I don't say this as a guy who would consider himself homosexual, i just say this as a guy who enjoys good music. My favorite song by them is a little respect.

"We Built This City" by Starship is an amazing song rather that the worst song of all time like some critics say.

Those critics talk bollocks. This song is amazing

Digibro got better after he became/started acting like a stoner.

OH GOD DIGIBRO. I loved his stuff during S3 and between the S3-S4 hiatus. After that, it became very hard to listen to his stuff. He's like the M.Night Shymalan of the Analysis community.

• Brohoof 4

My OC Mesme Rize: >https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/mesme-rize-r8777

img-31596-1-img-31596-1-msg-34233-0-90052000-1465262037.jpg

Thank you Randimaxis for this Wonderful Avatar. smile.png

Please, don't be afraid to talk to me. I am not as unapproachable, as you might think.

I like to listen to Erasure. I don't say this as a guy who would consider himself homosexual, i just say this as a guy who enjoys good music. My favorite song by them is a little respect.

Same here and I'm not a homosexual. I guess part of the reason is that I enjoy the genre of new wave/synthpop.

All my life needed was a sense of someplace to go. I don't believe that one should devote his life to morbid self-attention. I believe that someone should become a person like other people.

You want another unpopular opinion out of me? 

I absolutely DESPISE labeling ANY of the mane six as worst pony, or even 99.99% of the background ponies for that matter. Do NOT come to me and start saying how bad and disloyal Rainbow is, or how awful and annoying Pinkie Pie is, cause its not worth your breath or my time. If you refuse to look at the positive aspects of a pony and exaggerate their flaws to the point of calling them irredeemable and unforgivable, then that just makes me question your world view and ability to reason effectively. To label someone as worst pony tells me you blanket judge people as well, ignoring their good qualities in favor of the image you have of them in your mind. Would you want someone to so completely condemn you for something YOU did? Would you feel someone parading around your worst moments as a means of labeling you as the WORST HUMAN to be fair and right? 

If no, then Why the hell are you doing it to a cartoon pastel pony who literally did nothing nor COULD do anything against you? 

As far as I'm concerned, If you hate a character that much don't even bother watching the show. 

Diamond Tiara is worst pony; I suppose she is part of .01%. i don't have same hatred for Silver Spoon.

I consider freedom to be a privilege, not a necessity; it is worth removing freedom if, for instance, it means rapid development for a country that needs it.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna

image.png.b5800dbd4a0f66541f23ae5455e704d7.png
Pony Art Thread

Brony since ~25 July of 2011.

OH GOD DIGIBRO. I loved his stuff during S3 and between the S3-S4 hiatus. After that, it became very hard to listen to his stuff. He's like the M.Night Shymalan of the Analysis community.

Yeah I can see it's not for everyone. I certainly didn't used to like it. It was more of an acquired taste I think for me.

Yeah I can see it's not for everyone. I certainly didn't used to like it. It was more of an acquired taste I think for me.

The problem with Digi is, that he apparently had problems in his personal lifes and that he also got alot of heat from /mlp/ on 4chan. Sadly, these things have brought him so down, that he can't enjoy the show anymore.

I am sorry, but if his emotions are clouding his views, he shouldn't make any reviews. Not to mention i wouldn't give a shit to what /mlp/ says.

• Brohoof 1

My OC Mesme Rize: >https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/mesme-rize-r8777

img-31596-1-img-31596-1-msg-34233-0-90052000-1465262037.jpg

Thank you Randimaxis for this Wonderful Avatar. smile.png

Please, don't be afraid to talk to me. I am not as unapproachable, as you might think.

The problem with Digi is, that he apparently had problems in his personal lifes and that he also got alot of heat from /mlp/ on 4chan. Sadly, these things have brought him so down, that he can't enjoy the show anymore.

I am sorry, but if his emotions are clouding his views, he shouldn't make any reviews. Not to mention i wouldn't give a shit to what /mlp/ says.

Yeah it definitely seemed like he lost a lot of passion for the show. However, I did like the more anecdotal way in which he presented his videos, making connections between the show and his own life. Of course, that obviously isn't for everyone. If nothing else, I appreciate that he tried something new.

He's been making some really good anime analysis videos lately though, so I'm optimistic he'll be great to watch if he reviews season 5.

-- MMDW contained the best Rainbow Dash moment in the entire show.

-- Flash Sentry isn't the worst thing about EQG, and the fact that their relationship seems to be entirely based on physical attraction is both accurate and believable.

-- Rainbow dash is more adorable than Fluttershy

-- Twilicorn was a good idea

-- Digibro and Tommy Oliver are good analysts. Also, the analysis community as a whole catches far too much flack.

I like twilicorn. *runs away*

Muh pony! Srsly, I like it when the show nuts up and changes stuff.

Yeah it definitely seemed like he lost a lot of passion for the show. However, I did like the more anecdotal way in which he presented his videos, making connections between the show and his own life. Of course, that obviously isn't for everyone. If nothing else, I appreciate that he tried something new.

He's been making some really good anime analysis videos lately though, so I'm optimistic he'll be great to watch if he reviews season 5.

Agreed! Digibro was probably my favorite pony analyst along with Tommy Oliver, and I hope he comes back for S5. Honestly, I don't even like anime all that much anymore, but I still like watching Digibro talk about it.

• Brohoof 1

• I think Applejack is a lesbian. 

Would you explain that one? :) I just find it interesting and would like to know if you have any explanation of that opinion. 

Edited by Anilewe

Fan of Applejack? Join us! We have the best cider from Sweet Apple Acres! :D

applejack_fan_button__requested__by_supe

ORANGESEXY IS THE BEST PONY!

Would you explain that one? :) I just find it interesting and would like to know if you have any explanation of that opinion. 

Well, when have you seen her show any interest in a stallion? I mean Soarin is the only non-family stallion I've seen Applejack shipped with, and I think it's more because of pie than anything else. She doesn't show any interest in stallions, not even hinted. If the writers where going to make her interested in a stallion, it most certainly wouldn't be family. 

As for mares, it is hinted that she is interested in mares. She flirts with Rarity in The Crystal Empire part 2. "Good things are better when they're a Rarity." Before you say anything, watch that scene again and look at Spike's face.  Also, in Equestria Girls 1, Rarity and Applejack are holding arms in a way a couple would. (I actually think Rarity and Applejack temporarily dated in Equestria Girls 1 and broke up before Rainbow Rocks. Though those two aren't ponies.) I swear, Applejack has a crush on Rarity, but she hides it... though she's not that good at hiding it. She is good at hiding her homosexuality to most of the fandom considering they think she's heterosexual, though. Even if Applejack isn't a lesbian (which I think she is.) She's definately not straight in my eyes. Lesbian or asexual. 

• Brohoof 2

sig-32599.j50YwVr.png

Rarity Fan Club

My Ponysona

My Drawing of Rarity

Well, when have you seen her show any interest in a stallion? I mean Soarin is the only non-family stallion I've seen Applejack shipped with, and I think it's more because of pie than anything else. She doesn't show any interest in stallions, not even hinted. If the writers where going to make her interested in a stallion, it most certainly wouldn't be family. 

As for mares, it is hinted that she is interested in mares. She flirts with Rarity in The Crystal Empire part 2. "Good things are better when they're a Rarity." Before you say anything, watch that scene again and look at Spike's face.  Also, in Equestria Girls 1, Rarity and Applejack are holding arms in a way a couple would. (I actually think Rarity and Applejack temporarily dated in Equestria Girls 1 and broke up before Rainbow Rocks. Though those two aren't ponies.) I swear, Applejack has a crush on Rarity, but she hides it... though she's not that good at hiding it. She is good at hiding her homosexuality to most of the fandom considering they think she's heterosexual, though. Even if Applejack isn't a lesbian (which I think she is.) She's definately not straight in my eyes. Lesbian or asexual. 

I take the stance that everyone in the show is heterosexual unless stated otherwise (which I expect will never happen).

Pony Art Thread

I take the stance that everyone in the show is heterosexual unless stated otherwise (which I expect will never happen).

Stupid heteronormative society.... I hate it. I think people should assume characters are the orientation they seem, not that they are straight because most people are straight. Give me one moment where Applejack showed any interest in stallions. We know most likely that Rarity is heterosexual (Though Tabitha said Rarity was starting to be interested in mares...) Rainbow Dash is most likely heterosexual, too. Twilight is heterosexual, too. (If people assume Rainbow is lesbian because of her mane, they should also assume Twilight is bisexual because she has the bisexual pride flag on her mane and tail.) The only Mane Six who's orientation and color scheme match in my opinion is Pinkie Pie. (pansexual.) Sorry, I just hate the everyone is straight until proven otherwise thing. :(

• Brohoof 1

sig-32599.j50YwVr.png

Rarity Fan Club

My Ponysona

My Drawing of Rarity

Thanks for explaining it :) You made some very interesting points. Personally I like to think she's bi.

Fan of Applejack? Join us! We have the best cider from Sweet Apple Acres! :D

applejack_fan_button__requested__by_supe

ORANGESEXY IS THE BEST PONY!

Thanks for explaining it :) You made some very interesting points. Personally I like to think she's bi.

She probably is. Though  Tsaritsa is probably right. All ponies are straight. Equestria is probably a culture where homosexuality nor any other orientation other than heterosexuality exists... I just can't see Applejack as straight, but she's probably 100% straight...

sig-32599.j50YwVr.png

Rarity Fan Club

My Ponysona

My Drawing of Rarity

She probably is. Though  Tsaritsa is probably right. All ponies are straight. Equestria is probably a culture where homosexuality nor any other orientation other than heterosexuality exists... I just can't see Applejack as straight, but she's probably 100% straight...

I'm not denying claims that certain ponies in the MLP:FIM universe may be homosexual, but it's safer to assume given pony is heterosexual. Though the mare to stallion ratio seems quite off so would that mean there are many single mares or is homosexuality actually more common in the universe because of the gender imbalance? Or is it just Ponyville that mostly consists of mares (I don't remember ratio for other cities)?

Analyzing one's behaviour to determine their sexuality is more risky than assuming heterosexuality I think; I know two people in reality whose sexuality were mistakenly guessed as homosexual due to, I suppose, subtlety in their behaviour. What appears to be a subtle hint to pony's sexuality to some people I will interpret it no more then as friendly gesture.

Of course I expect we'll never have definite confirmation of sexuality of ponies because it should probably be expected that such discussion especially for rating of show will cause controversy.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna
  • Brohoof 1

Pony Art Thread

I'm not necessarily denying claims that certain ponies in the MLP:FIM universe are homosexual, but it's safer to assume given pony is heterosexual. Though the mare to stallion ratio seems quite off so would that mean there are many single mares or is homosexuality actually more common in the universe because of the gender imbalance? Or is it just Ponyville that mostly consists of mares (I don't remember ratio for other cities)?

Analyzing one's behaviour to determine their sexuality is more risky than assuming heterosexuality I think; I know two people I know in reality whose sexuality were mistakenly guessed as homosexual due to, I suppose, subtlety in their behaviour. What appears to be a subtle hint to pony's sexuality to some people I will interpret it no more then as friendly gesture.

Of course I expect we'll never have definite confirmation of sexuality of ponies because it should probably be expected that such discussion especially for rating of show will cause controversy.

I think it's safe to assume that everyone is bisexual. I mean unless someone is asexual, hearing about their orientation won't be a 360. :) 

Also, there are a lot of stallions in Equestria. Stallions are just out working which is why we see more stallions on Holidays and other events. That is also why the school foals have a even mix of fillies and colts. Equestria seems to be a matriarchal society. I mean if it was equal, wouldn't a prince become an alicorn? (I found it funny when Twilight imagined Starswirl as an Alicorn in the Reflections Arc, but there are no male alicorns.) But the mare to stallion ratio is not accurate. We just see the mares more often. 

sig-32599.j50YwVr.png

Rarity Fan Club

My Ponysona

My Drawing of Rarity

I like twilicorn. *runs away*

And I like Flash Sentry  :o

Another big unpopular opinion from mine, are having children. I saw lately many people having children for the wrong reasons: Social pressure, don't let their genes die, thinking it'll strenghen their marriage, next step of life, getting any before getting too old just in case........ Children are not to take lightly, they are a responsibility, it's not a cutesy-wootsy thing you can just hug, kiss and nothing else  >_>

• Brohoof 1

img-32537-1-post-15132-0-63886300-146778

Sig by Discords

Five Nights at Freddie's is one of the dumbest fads I've ever seen. If not the dumbest, overrated piece of garbage in the past decade.

And coming from me, that's really saying something.

Maybe it's not so bad. Maybe I'm just very annoyed seeing it everywhere.

EDIT: I'm ready for the fire.

Edited by Kiari-san
  • Brohoof 4

nniUD9E.gif