Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post your unpopular opinions

Lord Theoretical

I thought this was a light hearted topic. Anyway, I think 2nd Edtion D&D is the best, 5th edition sucks. World Of Darkness games suck. Who wants to play a vampire in a business suit? Yuck! "Free form" role playing is dumb. 

Generation V of Pokemon actually isn't that bad.

Agreed! In fact, I felt that Generation V was excellent. I loved what they did with Black/White, keeping you to the new Pokemon into the post-game. Some may not have liked it, but it really made the game feel fresh for me.

On a similar note, another unpopular Pokemon opinion: Generation VI introduced enough new Pokemon. The problem was more that X/Y did not evenly distribute them. I didn't run into a number of the ones in early routes until I went back post-game.

• Brohoof 3

Agreed! In fact, I felt that Generation V was excellent. I loved what they did with Black/White, keeping you to the new Pokemon into the post-game. Some may not have liked it, but it really made the game feel fresh for me.

I also find that gen V is the strongest story-wise, while gens I and II are the weakest in that department (gen IV was also pretty weak, feeling like a Final Fantasy wannabe with the whole "DESTROY THE WORLD AS IT IS SO I CAN MAKE ONE TO MY DESIRES!" and gen VI is basically a better-written version of that). Instead of doing just generic bad guy stuff like abusing animals (Pokémon) for profit or going all Final Fantasy, destroy-then-rebuild-the-world-type stuff, N's (and, by extension, Ghetsis') goals are actually feasible and reasonable. Then there's the internal struggles in all the characters, and how they develop over time. The soundtrack is also consistently great, and strangely fits the games' serious theme. Say what you will about some of the Pokémon designs, Pokémon Black/White and Black 2/White 2 are some of the best JRPGs ever made.

• Brohoof 2

I also find that gen V is the strongest story-wise, while gens I and II are the weakest in that department (gen IV was also pretty weak, feeling like a Final Fantasy wannabe with the whole "DESTROY THE WORLD AS IT IS SO I CAN MAKE ONE TO MY DESIRES!" and gen VI is basically a better-written version of that). Instead of doing just generic bad guy stuff like abusing animals (Pokémon) for profit or going all Final Fantasy, destroy-then-rebuild-the-world-type stuff, N's (and, by extension, Ghetsis') goals are actually feasible and reasonable. Then there's the internal struggles in all the characters, and how they develop over time. The soundtrack is also consistently great, and strangely fits the games' serious theme. Say what you will about some of the Pokémon designs, Pokémon Black/White and Black 2/White 2 are some of the best JRPGs ever made.

Well... We have different reasons for liking it, I see. I never have paid much attention to stories in Pokemon games, and the OST for Black/White (and the sequels) only had a few memorable tracks for me. X/Y are the first Pokemon generation games since Generation III to have a memorable OST IMO.

And I loved many Pokemon designs from Generation V. Not all of them, but there's no generation where I loved all of them. There is some noticeable bias toward Generation I... But now I look back at some of them and think... "Wow... What is that?" lol (like Magmar)

I don't like cupcakes.

Burn the Witch............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Just Kidding

I have a growing sense that my generation and those after are some truly mentally incompetent goofs that are going to blow up the world.........................

I don't like cupcakes.

Burn the Witch............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Just Kidding

I have a growing sense that my generation and those after are some truly mentally incompetent goofs that are going to blow up the world.........................

• Brohoof 1

Well... We have different reasons for liking it, I see. I never have paid much attention to stories in Pokemon games, and the OST for Black/White (and the sequels) only had a few memorable tracks for me. X/Y are the first Pokemon generation games since Generation III to have a memorable OST IMO.

And I loved many Pokemon designs from Generation V. Not all of them, but there's no generation where I loved all of them. There is some noticeable bias toward Generation I... But now I look back at some of them and think... "Wow... What is that?" lol (like Magmar)

On generation I designs, I think some people need to take off their nostalgia glasses and look at how uncreative some of them were, like Six Eggs, Pokéball, Upside-Down Pokéball, Actually Just a Crab, Flame Duck and Pile of Slime (and its evolution, Bigger Pile of Slime). The series has never been free of uncreative Pokémon.

• Brohoof 1

Gaming

• TF2 is overated and yes I did try it out. 
  • F2P games are okay,but most of them are bad 
  • Online multiplayer sucks now adays and I really cant have fun playing online games anymore. 

MLP:FiM

• I will not be watching Season 5 becuase Twilight's story is pretty much complete from my PoV and I'm begining to see some  deterioration in the show. If anyone wants to convince me to watch season 5, go right ahead and PM me
  • I think Season 4 was the best season out of the whole show for me 
  • Fallout Equestria is overratted 
Edited by COBLoneWolf
  • Brohoof 2

I see people talking to famous people on Twitter all the time, calling them "Sam" or "Tom", and it rubs me the wrong way. You shouldn't call somebody by their first name if you don't know them personally. It's just plain rude to call somebody by their first name if you don't know them. 

• Brohoof 1

Oh nononono I am not starting a fight with you. Keep whatever opinions you have, I'll keep mine. Have a good day.

Yeah the invlaidates your opinoin then cuase if you state something, they have the right to reply back.  if yo uwanted your opion to yourself then why did you comment.

Yeah the invlaidates your opinoin then cuase if you state something, they have the right to reply back.  if yo uwanted your opion to yourself then why did you comment.

Because the title says, "Post your unpopular opinions." Doesn't say I need to start a fight with anyone. Once again, feel free to have your own opinions on the matter, but don't look for a fight with me. I hope you have a good day.

Haha, i know I'd blow it up one way or another  :derp:

• Brohoof 1

A very unpopular opinion around here - the term brony makes me very uncomfortable.

*hides*

Yeah,I agree. It sounds very lame.

I prefer just 'MLP fan' or 'fan of MLP.'

• Brohoof 3

Babs Seed is one of my least favorite MLP characters of all time.

And Sonata Dusk is nothing special. This is coming from someone who used to have her as one of my Top 10 characters when RR came out.

• Brohoof 1

Nutella isn't all that great, and it's the villain of sandwich toppings. Watermelons rival onions, regarding fruits and vegetables with bad smells. While he is overpowered as a DC hero, Superman deserves a lot of respect.; that applies to what he stands for as well. FPS games are boring, unless combined with RPG elements (don't kill meh! it was an opinion!)  Threads of Fate deserves a reboot; any gaming console will do. Tactical RPGs get repetitive quickly.

*Holds paladin shield in front of face*   

• Brohoof 2

Mare Do Well wasn't THAT bad.  Sure it is far from being one of the best episodes of the show or even season 2 and isn't terribly good, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that it is the worst episode in the entire series or it is complete and utter irredeemable filthy piece of garbage that should be wiped off of the planet.

I actually think it had some great character exploration in it, myself. Only real issue that isn't cherry picking was the fumbled moral that was kind of a headscratcher. Besides that I'd rate it in the top half of Season 2, maybe even the whole series :P The one that aired before it was the one that deserved the hate, really.

I am absolutely, 100% uninterested in the 100th episode with all the background ponies. It doesn't really serve any purpose at all other than to be an extremely unsubtle fanservice episode to the Brony fandom and thus I feel it will ultimately be one that I am uninterested in and will have no major impact on anything other than being a generic slice of life episode with characters I don't really care about, to put it bluntly. While not every episode is going to contribute greatly to the overall story at hand, many of them show exposition to characters important to the story and allow you to build opinions and feel closer to them. Slice of Life episodes such as "Sweet & Elite" and "Party of One" are just as important, if not more important, to the quality of the show than the ones that have great significance to an overlapping story such as "The Ticket Master" and "Pinkie Pride." They allow us to understand the characters better. They allow us to get a feel of who they are and what they are all about, and a well-developed main cast is just as important to the quality of a show as the storyline and basis of the show are. 

This episode doesn't do anything of that sort. It has no meaning in the slightest other than to be extremely blatant fanservice, and I don't like that. These characters, in all likelihood, won't be coming back to star in a mane 6-less episode again. They won't get much more canon development than this. They won't do anything other than sit there for 22 minutes and provide nothing of note before going back to filling space up in the background. The only really good thing that can come out of this episode for the quality of the show is it gives the writers more reason to focus on the story at hand than thinking up ways to do callouts to the brony fandom, thus cutting down fanservice in the episodes surrounding it in S5 significantly. However, if that is actually going to happen or not is anyone's guess, so it's possible that the only good thing that can come out of this episode is something worth nothing, that being a warm and fuzzy feeling of acknowledgement felt by this fandom. I'm sorry if I sound rude, but I don't think that's going to help make this a good show. I think fanservice such as this should be kept to a minimum and put in the background while the main focus remains on the mane cast and general storyline. 

I also predict that even if it is of terrible quality, people in this fandom are going to go head over heels for it because of how it is a massive callout, barring they butcher the fanon personalities of the background ponies. I'm getting the feeling that it can be a dull, meaningless, poorly executed episode and people aren't going to care about any of that just because of the meaning of the episode itself, which was nothing more than being 22 minutes of fanservice. Because of this, I feel this is evidence of the show's decline. Season 4 saw the smallest amount of growth in the fandom ever by a wide margin according to a poll Equestria Daily performed, thus meaning it'd be a reasonable assumption that the hype surrounding the show has died down and the popularity peaked during S3. The combination of a pure fanservice episode to the fandom as well as a stunted growth during the last season indicates to me that the writers are becoming desperate and I find that to be a saddening thought, because I for one love this show and enjoy it immensely. 

I just feel this to be an unnecessarily blunt and over-the-top amount of fanservice that, at best, will do little to improve the quality of the show and at worst send the fandom into a total outrage due to the canon destroying the fanon they had grown to love. I don't see anything worthwhile coming out of this, quite frankly, and I feel it will end up just being a waste of time and I'm still on the fence if I am even going to watch it or not.

Threads of Fate deserves a reboot; any gaming console will do.

OMFG YES

I LOVED TO WATCH MY DAD PLAY THAT GAME AS A LITTLE KID. It'd be great if they gave it a reboot to PC so I can play it  myself and relive some of the happiest moments of my life :please:

• Brohoof 4

OMFG YES

I LOVED TO WATCH MY DAD PLAY THAT GAME AS A LITTLE KID. It'd be great if they gave it a reboot to PC so I can play it  myself and relive some of the happiest moments of my life :please:

Nice! I was hoping somebody would notice that statement. My childhood treasures that game, along with other gems like Final Fantasy Tactics and Vandal Hearts. As long as that game gets rebooted, I'd be happy, regardless of the console it gets released on (maxed out graphics and frames per second on PC does sound very smexy though! :wub: ).  

On a side note, I think a moment of silence for those great PlayStation games (yes, you too, Legend of the Dragoon! :fiery: ) is very well deserved. 

• Brohoof 3

On a side note, I think a moment of silence for those great PlayStation games (yes, you too, Legend of the Dragoon! :fiery: ) is very well deserved. 

Another one I watched my dad play as a kid that I want to enjoy myself one day :lol:

On topic:

^I don't think there's a better guitar song out there than this one. Whether it's how the guitar is at breakneck speeds for almost the whole song or how he gets his guitar to imitate bagpipes while still remaining serious, this song is painted into a masterpiece by the guitar work in it. It helps that the guitarist has excellent music surrounding him as well, but I've never heard a song with better guitar than this one right here. A lot of people would disagree with that, I'm sure :lol:

• Brohoof 1

On Topic Post 2:

Over 98% (rough estimate. I'm bad at the maths) of the cast of FIM is either cute or adorable in my eyes, regardless of their actually intended personality.

The not cute or adorable 2% includes Discord, Snips and Snails (I don't care if they're colt age!), and a few others that I might have forgotten to mention. -_-

I'd rather have a buffalo take a diarrhea dump in my ear and eat the rotten butthole of a roadkill skunk and down it with beer than read/watch most MLP fanon (and the comics :P)

references ftw

I can tell the 100th episode is probably going to be utter garbage, yet it's going to be defended because background ponies. It's going to be like Duck in Thomas and Friends.

And if a writer returns, that's not going to mean the show's (not talking about MLP at all, but popular shows that have gone downhill) automatically going to become good again. It's likely, but not certain.

• Brohoof 2

I'd rather have a buffalo take a diarrhea dump in my ear and eat the rotten butthole of a roadkill skunk and down it with beer than read/watch most MLP fanon (and the comics :P)

references ftw

I can tell the 100th episode is probably going to be utter garbage, yet it's going to be defended because background ponies. It's going to be like Duck in Thomas and Friends.

And if a writer returns, that's not going to mean the show's (not talking about MLP at all, but popular shows that have gone downhill) automatically going to become good again. It's likely, but not certain.

It's eat the rotten asshole of a roadkill skunk.

Also,I'm not too excited for the final episode either. However,I am looking forward to see the premier. I really want to see Starlight Glimmer baffle the mane 6. Make them look like idiots.

Now,continuing about the final episode. Bringing background characters into the mix isn't really good unless you've built character into them. If you don't have any character for them,and they're just filler for the scenery,than it's most likely gonna be bad.

• Brohoof 2