Post your unpopular opinions

Lord Theoretical

This site is better than MLPforums.

Similar layout to the Linux forums I am a part of.

like I need another forum to join though.

Windows XP will always remain best operating system.

that's unpopular alright.

I think Linux is the best OS ever.

Ironically however, I didn't think vista was bad, I actually kinda liked it.

• Brohoof 2

I'll be on the #! forums if you want me.

The Japanese version of Dragon Ball Z is better than the English version, the English version has awful music, subpar voice acting and dialog changes like no tomorrow.

At least the English verison of Kai was better

• Brohoof 1

lQur2.png

siggy by PixiGlow

The Japanese version of Dragon Ball Z is better than the English version, the English version has awful music, subpar voice acting and dialog changes like no tomorrow.

At least the English verison of Kai was better

Hm... Whether or not this is 'unpopular' really depends on your crowd. Among the nostalgic casual watchers of DBZ from the Toonami era from years ago, it definitely would be unpopular. But actual Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z fans typically go a step further and watch the sub, and realize how much better it is.

Hence why on online DB communities you will be chased out for using "Frieza" instead of "Freeza" and the like. In fact, some have it set where it will automatically replace Frieza with Freeza. lol

But I'll give it to you, you're much more likely to run into the dubbed DBZ fans in real life.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!

Hm... Whether or not this is 'unpopular' really depends on your crowd. Among the nostalgic casual watchers of DBZ from the Toonami era from years ago, it definitely would be unpopular. But actual Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z fans typically go a step further and watch the sub, and realize how much better it is.

Hence why on online DB communities you will be chased out for using "Frieza" instead of "Freeza" and the like. In fact, some have it set where it will automatically replace Frieza with Freeza. lol

When I posted that I was more referring to the general fanbase, most people I know who like DBZ only watch the dub and hate the sub because "goku sounds like a girl" or "the music isn't epic!!".

• Brohoof 1

lQur2.png

siggy by PixiGlow

When I posted that I was more referring to the general fanbase, most people I know who like DBZ only watch the dub and hate the sub because "goku sounds like a girl" or "the music isn't epic!!".

My apology, I understand... Looks like I edited by above post just a bit too late. lol

mlpwoodwinds.jpg

My apology, I understand... Looks like I edited by above post just a bit too late. lol

Hah no worries, you're deff right about some online communities hating the dub, especially Kanzenshuu I noticed!

lQur2.png

siggy by PixiGlow

In the inverse of an earlier post made here, I approve of smart drug and alcohol usage. If you want to f yourself up, by all means. It's your life you're playing with. Just don't drive drunk, don't smoke in public places... Don't harm others with your own substances, is what I'm saying.

Personally I loved the english dub's music, but I can see why one might not like it. Same with the voice acting.

As for Kai, I can't stand Gohan's voice actor for the english dub. I understand he's supposed to sound like his actual age but his original voice sounded more serious and threatening.

Ironically however, I didn't think vista was bad, I actually kinda liked it.

I loved Vista as well. I think it's an improved version of XP in nearly every way. Windows 7 is my favorite though

• Brohoof 1

I believe all "ask *cannon character* accounts are stupid, and disrespectful to the source material, since I'd say about 95% of them are completely out of character and just change lore to fit some stupid fantasy. Same with OC ones, that twist lore for their OC to Mary Sue it up.

I disagree that some creepypasta/grimdark is just as bad, as the ones that are good are not only very creative, but also can have an explanation of how it COULD fit in with the character(s) involved.

76561198044017234.png
Feel free to add me on steam if you want to play something. Also don't be afraid to message and talk to me. I've had bad luck when I start a conversation, so I more then likely won't start one.

Personally I loved the english dub's music, but I can see why one might not like it. Same with the voice acting.

As for Kai, I can't stand Gohan's voice actor for the english dub. I understand he's supposed to sound like his actual age but his original voice sounded more serious and threatening.

Different strokes for different folks right? 

I can understand your view about Gohan's Kai voice which I'm not fond of either but I feel it fits more than Gohan's original voice since it sounded like he was going through puberty at the age of 5 lol, still I understand where you're coming from.

• Brohoof 2

lQur2.png

siggy by PixiGlow

I think both Kai and the old dub have their strengths and weaknesses. If it were up to me I'd take Kai for the Saiyan and Frieza arcs, but I'd take the old dub for anything past that

As for the "Sub vs Dub" argument, while I can see why some might prefer the Japanese version, I still would rather watch the dub. Personally i think it's awkward to hear Goku still sounding like a little kid, despite Toriyama's intention

• Brohoof 1

Alright, here are a few that are sure to raise a shit storm

>People who have not been in combat should stop advocating for women to be in it. If women want to join, and can pass the male standard pt requirement, that is fine, but for god's sake stop pushing them into the role to fill your social justice quota.

>I hate excessive waifuing. I get it that you found a cartoon horse the paragon of perfection in what you want in a partner, but not everything has to be about said cartoon horse, and not every damned post should contain .jgps of it.

>People who have never fired a weapon system should stop trying to argue about the effectiveness of said weapon system. Ergonomics can play a big factor on the battle field, and you can't get ergos down from reading the wiki article.

>I do not know weather to be concerned, or just annoyed at the amount of "I'm depressed" I see on this forum, if it is true then there is some sort of depression epidemic on the rise here.

• Brohoof 5

I think both Kai and the old dub have their strengths and weaknesses. If it were up to me I'd take Kai for the Saiyan and Frieza arcs, but I'd take the old dub for anything past that

Yeah, I've tried watching Kai and I'm not sure what to think of it. On one hand it removes tons of the pointless filler (do we really need to see random shots of Hercule yelling, King Kai jumping to conclusions every 5 seconds, and so on constantly?), but as a result the fights seem like montages instead of epic clashes, and some scenes that I liked were removed. The Freiza fight was insanely drawn out in the original but maybe that's what made it so great? I'm not sure

• Brohoof 1

I believe all "ask *cannon character* accounts are stupid, and disrespectful to the source material, since I'd say about 95% of them are completely out of character and just change lore to fit some stupid fantasy. Same with OC ones, that twist lore for their OC to Mary Sue it up.

I disagree that some creepypasta/grimdark is just as bad, as the ones that are good are not only very creative, but also can have an explanation of how it COULD fit in with the character(s) involved.

In that case you would hate 90% of fanfiction.

In that case you would hate 90% of fanfiction.

Not really. They're kinda not that big a number, and most of them tend to stay in their corner of the internet, and in places made for that stuff. It gets to be a problem, when they end up in areas not for that, and try to shove it down people's throats, and ignore any kind of criticism or reasonable arguments against them.

On an unrelated note; apperantly, the fact I think the $50 price on the next WoW expansion is unreasonable and down right stupid, isn't very popular lol.

76561198044017234.png
Feel free to add me on steam if you want to play something. Also don't be afraid to message and talk to me. I've had bad luck when I start a conversation, so I more then likely won't start one.

I'm no anti LGBT but I'm not a fan of slash shipping. Why is it that Rainbow Dash has to be a lesbian just because she's a tomboy. Isn't that kind of a stereotype?

Further more, I also don't like incest shipping especially with the apple family. That's just a stereotype that's disrespectful to rednecks.

The 2000s is not the worst decade. The would probably go to the 30s or 40s.

Not really. They're kinda not that big a number, and most of them tend to stay in their corner of the internet, and in places made for that stuff. It gets to be a problem, when they end up in areas not for that, and try to shove it down people's throats, and ignore any kind of criticism or reasonable arguments against them.

On an unrelated note; apperantly, the fact I think the $50 price on the next WoW expansion is unreasonable and down right stupid, isn't very popular lol.

Okay scratch that, most shipping fanfiction since most of the time it involves the characters acting completely out of character unless they explain why they are acting like this.

• Brohoof 1

I guess this opinion is pretty unpopular since I receive a fair bit of criticism for it: I really don't like it when people say things like, "It could be worse,""Count your blessings," and my personal favorite, "Such a first world problem!" I understand that the developed world doesn't have as dire a set of issues, and I would rather accidentally drop a laptop into a lake than starve, but we don't live in a utopia just because we're in the "first world." The problems are still very real!

• Brohoof 3

I don't get it when people type in colored text like this. I mean, I'm pretty sure there're other ways you can seem unique without brightening your text like that.

• Brohoof 2

I didn't think Frozen was that good. (Prepares for hate storm.)

img-2801-1-rsz_sjsitebanner.png

Previously known as: Supahsnail, Snails, SnailZOID, Snails (The Beautiful), The Beautiful Snailzuki, Pretty Koenma, SecretAgentSnails, Topaz, SnailZOID Reynolds, SnailZOID Cage, and Snails The Klayman

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7ks7cTevfRojdvkwD5yROg

I don't get it when people type in colored text like this. I mean, I'm pretty sure there're other ways you can seem unique without brightening your text like that.

Meh I type like this because it's my favorite color not really to be unique.

Yeah, I've tried watching Kai and I'm not sure what to think of it. On one hand it removes tons of the pointless filler (do we really need to see random shots of Hercule yelling, King Kai jumping to conclusions every 5 seconds, and so on constantly?), but as a result the fights seem like montages instead of epic clashes, and some scenes that I liked were removed. The Freiza fight was insanely drawn out in the original but maybe that's what made it so great? I'm not sure

But no Garlick Jr. Saga...massive bonus points around. Kai just seems better overall then the original.

76561198044017234.png

-Democracy is the cruelest joke ever deviced by the human brain.
-Adolf Hitler was an interesting individual.

-I like the Star Wars prequels to an extent.
-I'm anti-American, anti-American mentality, and anti-American government. I'm not against individual people, though.

-Capitalism is what will end up destroying our species, and, indeed, the entire ecosystem.
-Disney is the worst thing ever to happen to Star Wars.
-Nationalism is repugnant.

-The entertainment industry glorifies and outright worships death and violence.

-The States, China, and Russia should just annihilate each other from the face of this planet, and stop hindering the development of our species so that the rest of us can move forward towards a more progressive world, a world that's far removed from the primitive and outdated notions of yesterday that are being perpetuated by these three "superpowers".
-Power is an illusion that disappears immediately when people stop believing in it.

Edited by Derp My Life
  • Brohoof 1

UTl7ftY.png

I guess this opinion is pretty unpopular since I receive a fair bit of criticism for it: I really don't like it when people say things like, "It could be worse,""Count your blessings," and my personal favorite, "Such a first world problem!" I understand that the developed world doesn't have as dire a set of issues, and I would rather accidentally drop a laptop into a lake than starve, but we don't live in a utopia just because we're in the "first world." The problems are still very real!

Coming from a lot of personal experience here, I see great reason behind telling somebody "it could be much worse"... If only it could through to them.

I think telling people to appreciate what they have because people in third world countries have less, may not be the best way of going about it. For you see, while we are all supposed to have some level of empathy to understand that what they're going through is far worse than us, it still can't drive the point home, because in our minds we can write it off with "Well, that won't ever happen to me, so why should I worry?". It's too distant from us all.

The one point that really needs to be driven home is that no individual, no matter what country, is guaranteed anything in life.

I only wish I could have understood that myself... I used to be really bad. I would go on and on about how "horrible" my life was, and how things couldn't get worse, even thinking that I wanted to kill myself. But you see, that was all extremely shallow pain, and I had no true will whatsoever of ever killing myself... But the mind is an incredibly powerful thing, and I was locked in a mindset that what I was experiencing was as bad as I would ever see, so I could afford to be melodramatic about it, and in my mind I was actually suicidal, even though... I wasn't. I could afford to sit around making depressing blog posts and forum posts instead of actually standing up and trying to improve what was bothering me.

But no.. Nobody can ever afford to have such an attitude. Not one single individual on this entire world is free from the potential of unexpected tragedies among their most inconceivable nightmares occurring. Not a single person is guaranteed even one more second of life. Nobody is guaranteed an adulthood. Nobody is guaranteed freedom from crippling medical issues.

Now I'm sorry if I've become melodramatic in a different way... But what I say is true... and I so want people to understand this... Not to scare them, but so they don't get in the mindsets I had. Because reading my old blog posts makes me sooo near sick that I almost get actually physically sick.

Dropping a laptop in the water and losing it is a temporary frustration, and I won't even attempt to tell anybody that they can't have that frustration, because I still have such frustrations... But I see plenty of people around harboring the very same mindsets I had 8 years ago, not really understanding true pain. They're wasting precious minutes of their life... And to them, "it could be worse" needs to be firmly understood, because it could become worse for them, not just somebody else.

I...wow... Sorry, just something I feel incredibly strong about. xD In fact I'm going to spoiler it, because while I feel it is true, I feel like it's almost too serious and dramatic for me to randomly post about on a forum about a show about colorful ponies. >.< And it's not really aimed at you, either.

TL;DR version: I think these phrases can be lost on people far too easily. What they're really meaning is "Grow up, before life takes you down a pint!" And nobody likes being told that, but it's very necessary to be understood.

Edited by Envy

mlpwoodwinds.jpg

About it could be worse, I see also not, what this sentence should do. It maybe make rather more depressed than anything else. I mean you can’t help this people either, should one feel bad, because one has more? Should one ignore one’s problem, just because there are worser problems? You just tell people, they are weak, because they can’t even endure such less problems. Yeah I think high suicide rates speaks another languages. 
Really the thought, of it could getting worse, is exactly what would paralyze me. And I think especially depressed people, this will make them just feel more worse. They may exactly know, that it could be worser, and that is exactly their worry, that it get worser.