Post your unpopular opinions

Lord Theoretical

- The StarWars prequels weren't really bad

- EA can fuck off after what they did with SimCity.

- I don't mind DRM

- I like grey hat hackers

- I like hotmail/outlook

- Bronies need to be able to laugh at themselves

• Brohoof 1

Lebron James is a disgrace to basketball.

Uhh... how?

I'm a Celtics fan and that couldn't be farther than the truth. The guy's talent level is absurd with the way he can control a game from the onset and he has arguably the best physical prowess the NBA has ever seen. When he retires, people will look back at him and wish they had a chance to watch greatness. And I'm far from a Heat supporter.

Need proof, though? Go watch game five of the Pistons-Cavs 2007 playoff series. I had never seen a show quite like that, in the Palace no less.

• Brohoof 1

I hate most techno music (dubstep included).

I enjoy YellingAtCats' rap music more than any other pony-themed music.

I thought Prometheus was a brilliant movie, just not very scary. Sorta better than the sum of its parts.

Smosh can die in a hole-- alone.

H.P. Lovecraft is more ingenious than Edgar Allan Poe. It's just the truth.

Stephan King isn't particularly good at horror writing.

Obama is probably the greatest president we've had in the last few decades.

I understood and loved Inception.

King Crimson's 'In the Court of the Crimson King' is the greatest progressive rock album ever. EVER.

GLaDOS ain't got shit on AM (Allied Mastercomputer).

There are certain instances of Pinkie Pie "breaking the fourth wall" that are actually just her looking at other on-screen ponies, and it's a stupid mistake to make.

Some of the legitimate ones: "You know what this calls for... a party!" (Second half of the pilot), any of the interactions with the iris-out (Second half of the pilot, Magic Duel, Over a Barrel) "The walls are closing in!" as said by Pinkie Duplicate #1 from Too Many Pinkie Pies.

Illegitimate ones: End of "Bridle Gossip", the balloons in a picnic basket from Lesson Zero (SHE'S LOOKING AT FLUTTERSHY FOR CELESTIA'S SAKE!! IT'S SOOO OBVIOUS!)

<< I apologize for that outburst, but really people, c'mon! >>

The novel that Rainbow Dash is working on would certainly be awfully written, self-indulgent wish fulfillment, like the worst examples of fanfiction are.

• Brohoof 2

I've got a few more for ya'll.

- Tom Bardy is a dick and acts like a kid when he loses.

- Matt Schaub is still a good quarterback even with the horrible end of last season.

- Equestia Girls is only okay but the ending was horrible, and obvious rushed (and people said that MMC was rushed?)

- Flash Sentry is a bland character and added nothing to Equestia Girls other than to attract tweens. (and to sell toys)

- This fandom has some really bad fanconon like Scootaloo being a chicken, Derpy and Dr.Hooves. ect.

- Derpy is overrated and her new voice is just as adorable as her old one.

- People who make a big deal out of buying pony stuff from stores bug me to no end and need to stop being so self conscious.

- Clop is a fetish, everyone has one and there is nothing wrong with it.

- MLP FiM is a good show (It's not an unpopular opinion on this site but outside of it, it is).

• Brohoof 2

I like Blood on the Dance Floor

I like Black Veil Brides

I like Naruto 

I don't like Watermelons

I loved Mass effect 3 (everything but ending)

I think Obama is a puppet

I like conspiracy theories

I'm afraid of what Islam is doing to Europe

I loved Mass effect 3 (everything but ending)

how is this an unpopular opinion?

actually liking the ending would be an unpopular opinion, heh

(IMO the original ending (pre-EC and Leviathan) was weak, but the worst part of the game is definitely the horrible journal)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The US is not #1 overall and hasn't been for awhile. I also don't think China is #1 either.

Nixon actually did something very good during his administration creating the EPA.

Clinton and Reagan both proved to be pompous assholes in some of their policies at times. I still find both to be exceptional men nonetheless.

Heath Ledger was a superb actor, but if it meant hurting the Nolan Batman trilogy, I could care less about unspoken Hollywood rules and have someone else play The Joker in The Dark Knight Rises

I hate the majority of AMVs, though the occasional one has proven to be exceptionally well made.

American Idol has been reduced to a show for raving fangirls and Ryan Seacrest is a douchebag.

I hate don't care for Rainbow Dash and she's probably my least liked of the Mane 6.

I would honestly consider hacking off Twilight's wings with a machete if given a chance.

Pegasi are overrated.

Unicorns are overrated.

Ponies and Equestria are overrated and are not better than our own world or other nonpony races. Seriously learn to love the world you live in a little.

I hate the majority of shipfics.

I hate the majority of appeal to background ponies that takes away from everything else.

You can believe in supernatural concepts and the afterlife without being religious.

World War I and II were in a sense necessary. Hell if humanity didn't have half the conflicts it did, it'd be a awfully sorry assed boring place.

Edited by Cwanky
  • Brohoof 3

The US is not #1 overall and hasn't been for awhile. I also don't think China is #1 either.

Nixon actually did something very good during his administration creating the EPA.

Clinton and Reagan both proved to be pompous assholes in some of their policies at times. I still find both to be exceptional men nonetheless.

Heath Ledger was a superb actor, but if it meant hurting the Nolan Batman trilogy, I could care less about unspoken Hollywood rules and have someone else play The Joker in The Dark Knight Rises

I hate the majority of AMVs, though the occasional one has proven to be exceptionally well made.

American Idol has been reduced to a show for raving fangirls and Ryan Seacrest is a douchebag.

I hate don't care for Rainbow Dash and she's probably my least liked of the Mane 6.

I would honestly consider hacking off Twilight's wings with a machete if given a chance.

Pegasi are overrated.

Unicorns are overrated.

Ponies and Equestria are overrated and are not better than our own world or other nonpony races. Seriously learn to love the world you live in a little.

I hate the majority of shipfics.

I hate the majority of appeal to background ponies that takes away from everything else.

You can believe in supernatural concepts and the afterlife without being religious.

World War I and II were in a sense necessary. Hell if humanity didn't have half the conflicts it did, it'd be a awfully sorry assed boring place.

I agree with the last one not for the boredom but rather for a legitimate reason.

If Hitler did not start World War II Germany would have never became a major power again. WWII got Germany out of a depression bigger than the US ever had. Sure Germany's depression was caused by the one-sided WW1 peace treaty, but the US that was planning on isolationism was freed from a depression not caused by war because of military funding. War was absolutely necessary for the continuation of nations, obviously not humanity but the nations that unite humans. 

Also not liking alicorn twilight is actually a very very popular opinion.

Being cynical, I hope Hasbro turns every mare in Equestria into Princesses.  Just get it done, said, and overwith since the only thing that matters are princesses.  Also, make a new show series My Little Pony: Princess Twilight Adventures or My Little Pony: Twilight is Magic/Magical/Special/Awesome/Unique/insertwordofchoice.

• Brohoof 1

I see, that recovering from a mental illness is a choice. I'm not saying it is easy, but I say it's as simple as that. And most people lie about their mental health to get attention - only very few people actually have the genuine mental disease they claim to have. 

(And I'm now talking about stuff like depression and "diseases" people tend to overreact to and lie about, not asberger's, autism or that kind of things.)

Dubstep sucks.

Chrysalis is best quadruped resembling a pony.

Luna is overrated.

Evil Cadence was best princess.

Ayn Rand was an idiot.

I agree with dubstep sucks and that Luna is overrated (even tho I do like Luna, but I have my own reasons ^^ It doesn't change the opinion that she's overrated..)

I don't understand why a lot of people don't like America. I like it here, sure we're not perfect but isn't it our duty as Americans to make this a better nation?

I'm an atheist libertarian(not sure how popular that is).

I like disney but HATE disney channel as it for casual and dumb people

Nickelodeon has fallen down the drain since they began turning dreamworks movies into shows

The simpsons were good until today

The Common Sense organization is full of puritants

Religion is what tears the world apart

Xboxes, WIIs and PS3s are two overrated

4chan is boring

I don't really read fanfics -I hate reading

• Brohoof 1

I dont like that i work my ass off to help someone and when i need there help they are no where to be found.

I dont like that people think I'm a mean guy cause the way I look.

I dont like it that people want to kill each other over some damn land..

I dont like it that my freind cant just find a break in her life noting but shit just keeps hitting her and i cant help her one bit.

I dont like it that if there is a "God" that he/she does not help those who really need it right now.

I dont like it that my father hates me cause of who I'm....

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Alright. Here's ten of them.

1. Dubstep obviously sucks.

2. Celestia, I admit, is a tad overrated.

3. I am all for zoosexuality, abortion, and gay marriage. (Can't be a popular opinion)

4. Spike is very underrated.

5. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

6. The republican party (no offense) is full of idiots.

7. (MLP) Trixie is worst pony

8. The new Star Trek movies are better than the series.

9. (Other than MLP) Regular Show is the best cartoon on television. (and show)

10. Console gaming peaked 5th gen, and declined 7th.

Edited by GamerTwilight

1. The world would be better off if religion is nonexistent.

2. If America had a benevolent dictatorship and the leader would give lots of civil rights to the population and good enough economic freedom with some referendums here and there, it would be much better than what we have in America right now.

3. Both the Republican and Democrat parties are terrible, and if there would be no two-party system and instead all the parties had equal chances, it's better off.

4. "Love and tolerate" is stupid. There are some things you can't love and some things you can't tolerate.

5. If I could be able to put 5 changes into MLP:FiM, I would definitely take out some of the stuff I don't like about what happened in the story and such.

• Brohoof 1

I actually liked star trek generations (the movie , not the show)

Magical Mystery tour (the album) is my 2nd favourite beatles album, Sgt peppers on the other hand is mostly avarage until rita

which leads me to the next thing .....the beatles are a little bit overrated(espezially theyr earlyer albums)

I think David Tennant as the 10th doctor is way too overrated