Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post your unpopular opinions

Lord Theoretical

That's a load of crap. Millions of people don't play the game, because it isn't good they play it, because it is fun, and they like it. We can assume that it is played, because people enjoy it. Unless 12 million plus people are masochists, then my point stands. Granted you can't run off of popularity alone, but you can't dismiss it as if it's nothing.

It hurt to decipher this. Stop abusing commas.

Your point does not stand. "A lot of people like it so it doesn't suck!" ...Yeah, this is an opinion thread. Those 12 million players mean utterly nothing to those who dislike the games. Hell, a lot of people like Justin Bieber and Pewdiepie too.

@@Xanatos: I can use commas however the hell I want so get over it. People often resort to insults when they can't defend or counter something properly.

All I'm saying is that though in his/her opinion the game is bad, there are many more people who do. I wasn't trying to change his opinion, I was just pointing out a fact. 

- If you need a religion to be moral, you're just a lousy person.

- Supporting the death penalty while being pro-life is hypocritical and stupid.

- By not supporting equality, you are hating.

You don't NEED a religion to be moral, but it helps. Not everyone who founded this nation was Christian (most were not) but they still used religious principles to determine the law. I understand your argument though.

The death penalty is a punishment for murderers and people who commit capital offences. They made a choice to break the law in the way that they did. Abortion is killing babies who have done nothing wrong... These are two entirely different issues. So how am I being hypocritical?

I can not support gay marriage, but not hate gay people. A lot of my friends know I'm a brony and they don't like it, but they don't hate me for it.

i almost forgot the 2 most important things, i think pot should be legal AND gay marge. i don't see why alcohol is legal and not pot, and i don't see how straight marriage is legal and gay marriage is not.

Edited by Radost

@@Xanatos: I can use commas however the hell I want so get over it. People often resort to insults when they can't defend or counter something properly.

All I'm saying is that though in his/her opinion the game is bad, there are many more people who do. I wasn't trying to change his opinion, I was just pointing out a fact. 

I don't think you know what "insult" means. I insulted no one. I just stated a fact followed by advice. But hey, if you enjoy having your posts be a pain in the ass to read, go for it. You seem angry about something...Are you angry? Do you need a hug?

Here's some more unpopular opinions.

- People that complain about dubstep and sub-genres of dubstep are incredibly ignorant.

- I don't personally see the appeal in Homestuck.

- Mac > PC

- Woodwind > Brass

- String > Percussion

- Minecraft is an absolutely boring game

- Gay marriage deserves to be legal everywhere around the world

- Iron Man > Every other hero

• Brohoof 1

What do you mean it's not real music? The short definition of music is "Organized sound." If sounds are put together to create a song, it is music.

Well, given that that's a fact and not an opinion, I guess you win this round :P

I just think that REAL music is made with instruments, not mixed on a computer. But that's just me.

Edited by CosmicDash
  • Brohoof 1

You don't NEED a religion to be moral, but it helps. Not everyone who founded this nation was Christian (most were not) but they still used religious principles to determine the law. I understand your argument though.

The death penalty is a punishment for murderers and people who commit capital offences. They made a choice to break the law in the way that they did. Abortion is killing babies who have done nothing wrong... These are two entirely different issues. So how am I being hypocritical?

I can not support gay marriage, but not hate gay people. A lot of my friends know I'm a brony and they don't like it, but they don't hate me for it.

The issue in both cases is the right to life. If it exists, the death penalty is wrong. If it does not, abortion is okay. If you support death in either form, you can't call yourself pro-life while still being honest. And a mass of symbiotic tissue living in a womb is more akin to a parasite than a live baby at that point anyway, but that's a road we shouldn't go down in here.

Your friends not liking MLP is a completely different thing from your deliberate opposition to basic equal rights. Nice try though...Except it wasn't.

Edited by Xanatos

i almost forgot the 2 most important things, i think pot should be legal AND gay marge. i don't see why alcohol is legal and not pot, and i don't see how straight marriage is legal and gay marriage is not.

Gay marriage isn't illegal. I don't know any law that says "A man or woman is hereby prohibited from marrying someone of the same sex." It's merely being "legalized" in the sense that laws are outlining gay marriage to ensure that gays get fair and equal treatment in the same way that the 19th Amendment ensured women's right to vote. And this is only fair.
  • Brohoof 1

Gay marriage isn't illegal. I don't know any law that says "A man or woman is hereby prohibited from marrying someone of the same sex." It's merely being "legalized" in the sense that laws are outlining gay marriage to ensure that gays get fair and equal treatment in the same way that the 19th Amendment ensured women's right to vote. And this is only fair.

but you agree with me don't you? everyone gets what i am saying.

freedom is what this country is built on, and most of the time people had to fight for it.

but you agree with me don't you? everyone gets what i am saying.

freedom is what this country is built on, and most of the time people had to fight for it.

Of course I agree. That's why I dot get the naysayers who don't believe in gay marriage for "non-religious" reasons. It was never illegal in the first place, but people still deserve to not be turned away just because of who their spouse is. Edited by Dinos4Ever

The issue in both cases is the right to life. If it exists, the death penalty is wrong. If it does not, abortion is okay. If you support death in either form, you can't call yourself pro-life while still being honest. And a mass of symbiotic tissue living in a womb is more akin to a parasite than a live baby at that point anyway, but that's a road we shouldn't go down in here.

Your friends not liking MLP is a completely different thing from your deliberate opposition to basic equal rights. Nice try though...Except it wasn't.

In my opinion, if anything the death penalty supports the sanctity of life and shows that there is nothing more valuable than human life. If murder is the willful deprivation of someone's right to live, then the justice system's deprivation of their right to live (though harsh) is a punishment that is fitting for the most severe crime that can ever be committed. If we truly value life, we'll do what we have to to protect it. The death penalty lowers crime rates because it is the only thing that some criminals fear. Less people kill and less people die. In both cases I'm choosing the stance that I think values life the most.

Well, I tried.

The death penalty lowers crime rates

Are you sure about that? There have been many studies that say the opposite...Hell, people who study the criminals that kill people (and the rates of their crimes) have been known to conclude the death penalty doesn't do jack for deterrence. "The death penalty lowers crime rates" is a pretty bold statement given the masses of conflicting information about it...

Edited by Xanatos

Are you sure about that? There have been many studies that say the opposite...Hell, people who study the criminals that kill people have been known to conclude the death penalty doesn't do jack for crime rates. "The death penalty lowers crime rates" is a pretty bold statement given the masses of conflicting information about it...

No, I'm not entirely sure, but from what I've read in the past and from common sense I assume it does. I'll have to look it up tomorrow. Right now I'm too tired to do research. /mini-debate

I think that religion gets way too much credit / blame for the behavior of the people who practice it.  If religion did not exist, I think that most people would pretty much behave the same way that they do now.  They would just cite something else as the guiding force behind that behavior.  

• Brohoof 1

I'm brave and I am a coward. I am intelligent and I am stupid. It is possible to be two different things in different situations. I do not believe anyone is wholly intelligent or wholly good. There are too many details and grey areas to personality to define people by a few simple traits.

Even the people who think themselves clever are stupid a lot of the time. But on the other hand the people who are down on themselves have good moments too. It depends on perspective.

I think it's very hard for people to be truly clever just because it's very hard for people to be truly stupid. Everything is relative, so it's fair to assume that intelligence can only be measured on a comparative basis. For example a smart cockroach is nothing compared to even the most mentally impaired of humans. It's one thing to say that someone is stupid but a completely other matter to be correct in the assumption. In so many movies, shows, and books, there are characters who are exaggeratedly dimwitted - written as such to either provide comic relief or demonstrate how clever another character is by comparison. Take for example an early scene in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" where Ford Prefect logically befuddles Mr. Prosser to take Arthur Dent's place, laying in front of the bulldozer. There is not one person who doesn't suffer from some form of mental retardation who could be tricked in such a manner, yet it's shown to us left and right throughout fiction. No one is that clever, and no one is that stupid. The human mind is surprisingly good at not falling for tricks and seeing through lies - the more elaborate the ploy, the more readily it fails. I honestly don't think there is much of a spread across the whole of humanity when it comes to intelligence - true intelligence. I'm not talking about a Yale professor travelling to a Brazilian favela and smugly sneering down at the locals after reciting a lecture's worth of literature. Those are facts, and intelligence is the ability to learn facts - not even specific facts but just things in general. Perhaps any one of those slum dwellers could draw out a basic map of the serpentine quasi-streets that make up the slums? That kind of ability to learn, i.e. intelligence is probably less diverse than we believe it to be. The illusion of disparity arises from the subjects our collective culture has decided is "intelligent", that is the ability to learn certain things such as mathematics and the natural sciences. Subjects like those have very concrete facts, whereas other abstract things are harder if not impossible at times to quantify and thus create a rubric for measuring a body of knowledge. At times the only way to tell is to know it when you see it. In conclusion, I don't believe that most people are stupid or even a significant percentage of the human population is stupid. Such acts that lead us to think so are just mislabeled when the truth of the matter is that people are easily distracted, easily bored, and easily hypnotized by routine as to make mistakes, and those mistakes are perceived as being indicative of intelligence. Also, we tend to notice the bad over the good most times. It's as God says in Futurama, "When you've done things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

Edited by Hawk Moth

^ Dear gods, have you ever heard the word "paragraph" in your life? Indentation? Formatting? Yikes...

OT: Abortion should be legal for women everywhere. On the same note, financial abortion should be legal for men everywhere (though [barring a separate agreement with the mother] ,in abandoning monetary responsibility, he must relinquish all rights to the child in question as well, whether it be visitation or whatever...). A woman should not have to carry a child she does not want just because some guy knocked her up but a man should not have to raise a child he doesn't want just because some chick kept the kid. There ought to be an element of choice both ways.

Edited by Xanatos
  • Brohoof 1

Here's one: I don't like My Little Pony.

No, really. I don't watch it, don't want to.

But I like to talk about anything and everything, and that's why I'm here. :P

Also, the people who happen to watch MLP are pretty awesome

Edited by Zok
  • Brohoof 3

☆ I prefer the Tenth Doctor over all of the other ones
☆ Going off of that, I think that Doctor Who used to be a very great show with a great set of characters and an enticing plot (albeit very silly and cheesy) but it is now complete and utter trash

☆ I really love Kirsten Stewart. Not as an actress, but as a person. She doesn't give two shits about anything which is rad, and I love her chronic bitchface

☆ There is nothing unnatural, unclean, or lazy about women having body hair. I haven't shaved my legs in about two years and if I want to, I will

☆ I don't understand patriotism and probably never will

☆ There is nothing wrong with being a "slut" as long as you are not hurting anyone else in the process

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

1. Most people are terrible at a video game called Team Fortress 2 so teams tend to be unbalanced. 

2. Most people on the internet have some sort of mental issue, insecurity, or attitude problem. 

3. I'm a disturbed twisted individual and I think that makes me unique. 

4. Most people are close-minded, easily disturbed, and made uncomfortable which leads to unfair judgment and bullying in all corners of cyberspace. 

5. Overzealous fanboys and fangirls of any fandom are scum and need to be silenced. 

6. Internet memes are an important part of anyone's daily diet. 

7. Rage comics are a good stress reliever. 

8. The internet tends to suck the awe and wonder out of most things in a short span of time. 

9. Good hearted people are a rare species on the internet. 

10. Most people don't know how to spell or don't care so don't correct them. 

11. Most of the gamer population consists of young kids who should be playing outside. 

12. Most people don't like to read (breaks my heart). 

13. In most cases folks on the internet (mostly on YouTube) who have a personal opinion will be looked down upon and be called names. 

14. People HATE change (how sad). 

15. People love drama of any kind. 

16. Most people put themselves before others. 

17. Most friendships are a "what can you do for me and I'll be your friend" sort of deal. 

• Brohoof 2

Windows 8 is a decent OS and it's almost exactly the same as Windows 7.

Dictatorship as a concept is great, but it's impossible for it to ever work properly. Power corrupts, there isn't a single human being on this planet who wouldn't eventually abuse such incredible power.

People who say things like "brony music > normal music" are incredibly stupid. "Brony music" is just normal music with MLP-influenced lyrics. That's the only goddamn difference. It's not it's own genre. Outside lyrical content there's absolutely nothing unique about it.

Judging a person based on the fact that he/she has a lot of tattoos is astoundingly fucking stupid and superficial.

People who hate Reddit have no idea how diverse that site actually is, if the only subreddits you've been at are r/atheism and r/adviceanimals, shut the fuck up, you know nothing. It's like being dissapointed with one restaurant and saying all restaurants in the entire world suck and serve shitty food.

Single-player RPG's are vastly superior to MMORPG's.

• Brohoof 1

I get a lot of hate over these things.

. I think pewdiepie sucks

. I think that when futureama was originally canceled it should have stayed canceled

. I dislike Obama because of some more recent laws that he passed

. The walking dead is not the best show ever

. I don't like using three round burst weapons in CoD ( like the m16 )

• Brohoof 1

Pokemon Related:

Gen four is best gen

First gen is worst gen

Dark types are best

Charizard is over rated and sucks in metagame

Fire types are over rated

Im excited for X and Y

Espeon is okay

Umberon is over rated

I hate most gen 1 pokemon the top offenders being Charizard, Seel, Pikachu, Vileplume and Moltres

Glaceon is best lution'

4> 2> 3> 5> 1

I think mega evolutions are a cool concept

Music related:

I'm indifferent to One Direction

I love dubstep

I'm indifferent to Nikki Majai, JB, Drake et c.

Rock and metal music is best

My chemical romance is meh

I love mainstream rock its better than made out to be

I dont care about pop or rap music

I do not care for Disney's Music

Societal:

Swagfags should be shot

This generation is falling apart

It's not the kids fault their spoiled

Rape is not the woman's fault

Not all guys a douches

Brony haters are now just chasing their own taiks

"Swag" "yolo" are infuriating

Mlp related:

Fluttershy is a brat, boring, annoying and should be killed off

RD is overrated but has her place

Rarity is best pony along with AJ

The show is decent at best

Mare do well was a good episode

I perfer Princess Cadence to Luna

I like Diamond Tiara

Discord is overrated

Chrysalis is best villan

I like Spike

I HATE shipping the Mane six together

I dont mind Cloppers

Come at me bro!!!

Edited by DarkEmeraldRarity

I don't get why I'm referred to as a music "elitist". It's as if liking a bunch of underground stuff automatically makes you a snob. Whenever I play music outloud people run away from me, either that or they get scared and won't let me play it. Like at parties my uncle never lets me plug in my iPod to the big speakers ;-;

Edited by Maki Natsuo