movies/tv Do you watch or used to watch anything girly? (apart from mlp fim)

jacibobsthebrony

The only programs I can think of that may be considered girly is Winx, maybe Card Captor Sakura.

Then I have probably seen lots of random episodes from shows, but not really anything I else I've followed.

(NOTE: I based my list on things that most other people find girly.)

@@CrazyClay,

Yeah same with Mean Girls I wouldn't count too much as girly myself and more teen drama, but alas I know people who would say both movies are too girly for them and thus felt like mentioning them...

Plus hey it gives me an excuse to talk about Easy A and Mean Girls! :D

---

Exactly my point on Jiggly she's hilarious and my favorite character from the anime. I was sad when she stopped appearing in later generations... part of the reasons why I don't care to watch them.

Not sure if anyone pays attention to the "Adventures" Manga, but the 3rd protagonist "Green" ("Blue" in Japan, the rival that's a girl and not based on Gary) uses a Jigglypuff to fly... like a blimp!

Posted Image

And yeah similar to my "Donesparce" run I did recently with HeartGold, I did a "JigglyPink" LeafGreen run!

And you can't ignore her secret technique Rest attack in Smash Bros! xD Shame they had to nerf it in Brawl a bit, and her Final Smash is mehhhhhhhh.

• Brohoof 1

I am a girl, and I am moderately girly, therefore, I have seen quite a good amount of "girly" shows. One show I remember watching was... Totally Spies. I never really watched all that much television. Now, I simply just watch anime, and my favourites seem to be considered seinen, which is a manga/anime targeted towards men who are around ages 18 - 30. Some of them, though, like K-on, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, and Clannad; seem more girly than they do manly.

Edited by Chiaki

Does the Kirby anime count? I mean, Kirby is pink. And the japanese intro says that Kirby is a trampoline of rainbows. That shit be girrrrlly.

And I loved it.

Was Kim Possible girly? I don't remember it all.

I watched Hamtaro which apparently some people think is girly... what guys can't watch cute hamster adventures?

Edited by Dusk Eninama Ace Attorney
  • Brohoof 1

I have no time for you girly shows!

Powerpuff Girls is still one of my all time favorite cartoons. Whether you want to call that one girly is entirely up to you. I feel its more like a parody of similar girly super hero groups out of Japan like Sailor Moon... speaking of which...

I watched Sailor Moon as a kid! I really liked it and still do from time to time.

The other day I literally squeed when I saw my sister watching it on the computer! :D

I watched Hamtaro which apparently some people think is girly... what guys can't watch cute hamster adventures?

I see some people mentioning Zoey 101... once again not too sure how girly that show is but I guess that's up to you if you feel its girly. I think its as girly as say Drake and Josh is manly. Meaning its basically unisex and gender has no bearing on said sitcoms, though the female demographic would probably relate to Zoey and friends better.

I really liked that show. It was pretty funny.

Disney Princess films are classics and shouldn't be turned down just because they are about Princesses. Even the Princess and the Frog amazed me! Enchanted though is a bit of a favorite film around my family.

I've watched a few more Barbie movies than I'd like to admit. My sisters liked them, but my mom had an obsession over them.

Hell I still watch girly shit. I enjoyed the first season of Pretty Little Liars. I thought the story was rather interesting until the 2nd Season got distracted from important things like a stalker texting them and terrorizing them, but I guess boys (and girls to at least one of the characters) became too important! Even my sister who read all the books said by then it sucked! :P

Mean Girls is one of my favorite movies to watch! I just love everything about it! Whenever its on tv my family has to watch it! Its tradition!

Easy A is also a great dramatically sarcastic movie that some people would label as girly. The dramatic sarcasm of all the characters is phenomenal!

And there's probably much more, but I think I'll stop now... I guess I'll finish off by showing my favorite Pokemon that some other little boys can't stand, but I just love her!

Posted Image

I used to watch pokemon loads and jigglypuff was one my favourites. Pickachu was my all time favourite but I still love jigglypuff!

• Brohoof 1

And there's probably much more, but I think I'll stop now... I guess I'll finish off by showing my favorite Pokemon that some other little boys can't stand, but I just love her!

Posted Image

I love you.

Anyhooo, I've seen tons of girly things before in the past, and I honestly don't give a damn if it's "girly" or not.

As far as anime goes, I've watched the entirety of stuff like Card Captor Sakura, Tokyo Mew Mew, Nichijou, Hamtaro, Sailor Moon (overrated), Clannad (another thing that's overrated, although I thought it was okay), and probably a lot more than I care to remember.

As far as American television goes, I'll occasionally watch crap made for those crazy stay at home moms. You know, stuff like Hoarders, 16 and Pregnant, Geek Love etc. I honestly have no clue why I watch those shows occasionally, because every time I do it makes me question my sanity and for the most part there is always something better on.

Now, I've seen tons of soap operas. Most of them I haven't enjoyed, because the majority of them have been so poorly written and painful to watch, but I was stuck watching them for awhile. I was homeless for a while, and one of the few things I had was one of those pocket TV things that would receive local television broadcasts, and unfortunately for me the only one it could get happened to be the really bad soap opera channel that anyone who was sane would steer clear from, but it was better than nothing.

Well, of course I watched Powerpuff Girls.

The only other really 'girly' things I ever did were 1.) Get two Care Bears (I didn't know that they were a girl's toy at the time, lol) and

2.) I had a couple of Barbie dolls. But I had a good reason for that: Did you guys ever hear of Max Steel? He was some kind of action hero that was on Cartoon Network really early in the mornings way back when. I had some of his action figures (of course, my 6 year old self thought that my toys were actually alive and had feelings) and thought that they were lonely. A week later, I found a Barbie doll at Good Will, put it into the cart, my action figure now had a wife. No more lonely Max. :D

EDIT: Oh, and I also watched Totally Spies for a while too. :3

Edited by Driku12

I remember kids in like 4th grade saying Hamtaro saying it was girly.... i stopped watching after that :(

i think i might start watching it again :)

i did watch the Power Puff Girls, like a lot of people here, i never really thought it was girly though.

Edited by superponylinux

the hamtaro video thing...

So from what I got from that video is that its too guys whole stole another person's Let's Play footage and just spoke over it to make fun of them? Wow they're cool! /sarcasm

Doesn't matter what the game is, that just seems plain unethical. He went through the effort to play the game, record it, and commentate the game and they just steal it and put their trash commentary and make fun of him, for liking a cartoon and videogame series? How rude!

I watched a few Barbie movies and a Sailor moon movie, kinda enjoyed them.

I really like Totally Spies, they are brilliant.

I forgot Totally Spies. I thought the show was really stupid, but that's partially why I liked it!

Does My Life As A Teenage Robot count? I was pretty into that show (Thanks to Jenny), and it had a lot to do with her and teen/girly stuff, all while trying to save the world from random aliens, robots, and monsters :P

I feel that one is similar to the Powerpuff Girls's argument that since the show has quite a bit of action it is excused... silly rule really, what guys can't enjoy princesses and girls can't enjoy violence? Weird.

So from what I got from that video is that its too guys whole stole another person's Let's Play footage and just spoke over it to make fun of them? Wow they're cool! /sarcasm

Doesn't matter what the game is, that just seems plain unethical. He went through the effort to play the game, record it, and commentate the game and they just steal it and put their trash commentary and make fun of him, for liking a cartoon and videogame series? How rude!

Yo, I just posted that video because it's the only thing I've ever saw related to that show, my opinion on the video aside. Edited by Dusk Eninama Ace Attorney

Yo, I just posted that video because it's the only thing I've ever saw related to that show, my opinion on the video aside.

Sorry if that came off like I was attacking you for posting the video... really wasn't. I'm just in a bad mood recently so I tend to get very negative very easily. I just found the video personally distasteful but different people different tastes.

That's kinda the lesson the whole thread's about anyway.

Sorry if I appeared rude! :P

Any girly shows I watched or still watch? If I were to list them all, this post would be a mile long. The shorter answer would be which of the shows mentioned in this thread I haven't seen or still watch, because really I could count that on one hand.

Animation is animation afterall, regardless of intended gender.

Edited by PoisonClaw

I've seen stuff like Power Puff Girls and Teenage Robot, I don't remember PPG much(thinking about watching some though), but I remember Teenage Robot being pretty cool. Can't think of anything else right now. :huh:

Everyone watched Powerpuff Girls. And Teenage Robot.

We lied about watching the shows... but we all did.

Sometimes I watch Project Runway with my sister. And I do get pretty into it.

But I guess that explains why "Suited for Success" is one of my favorite episodes.