Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Dashie Isn't That Sad?

Coolius rpi

I've read My Little Dashie before, and I'm getting kind of sick of everyone expecting me to think its so sad. I've told people before that I never really got anything from it, and they usually replied: "What is wrong with you?" Or "You have no soul." I don't like to believe that i'm a soulless husk, because I have cried at a lot of things before. (the end of the dark knight rises.) So I read it again to try to find what people liked so much in it, and still nothing came to me.

So im asking you, am I a bad person because I dislike something everyone else likes, or is there something im missing? what did you find so sad about it? (if you found the fic to be sad, that is.)

everyone told me that I am a heartless bastard just because I didnt find a fanfic to be as good as everyone says.

If I could find one brony, just one brony that didnt find it sad, maybe I would feel more normal.

I know almost every brony with at least a double-digit IQ has read this, and am I the only one that thought it wa s waste of time?

So all in all, what is wrong with me and what do you find sad about it? ;)

Edited by Fanayvea
  • Brohoof 2

For my own taste, it's sad, but not that soul-crushing sad. Coincidentally lots of bronies found the fic rather tear-jerking in their own taste, but it doesn't mean not crying on MLD proves that you're a daemon. There exist few fanfics that are far much more potent than My Little Dashie, imo

So im asking you, am I a bad person because I dislike something everyone else likes

Nope. As far as I could see, you're normal

• Brohoof 2

There is nothing wrong with you. You just don't really like what other people like. That's normal. It's what makes you.. Well you. I personally didn't find anything sad about MLD. It's a good fic. A bit overrated but still good. I don't really get why a lot of people get sad over that too. (please don't hate me for this people who cried over the fic)

• Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Well... While this may be a damning statement, the story as it is needs a lot of work. The issue is (As my script writer put it) that you -only- have scenes which are meant to be sad or bittersweet in a way. It lacked the major character connection which would be needed for such a thing.

So to answer your question, it isn't a waste of time in my opinion as the premise is interesting, but you aren't evil for having not cried.

• Brohoof 1

Was slightly sad at the end to see her have to leave, but most of the story was bittersweet happy. I've seen far, far more sad, so in the grand scheme, it wasn't really anywhere close to being something that brought me deep into 'the feels'.

I hate it when people try to force my little dashie on me. People are constantly talking about how sad it is, and expecting me to like it. I talk with my friends about the show, and whenever one of them brings up MLD, all my other friends go all fangirls on it and babblr about how "ITSS SOOOOO SAADDD." :( While I usually just wait until their inane banter is through. Now there making a movie about it, which is just more signs that it is becoming forced throughout the fandom. most bronies act like everyone cries at it, and it really sickens me. Its sign of the hubris that is constantly making bronies seem like jerks more and more to non-bronies.

yes how dare you not have the same opinion as the common collective of the fanbase

I found it particularly saddening myself, but that's just me. The story presents itself in an interesting way. You follow the story of what is basically a father and daughter. They spend a major portion of their lives with each other, being extremely close. Then, they must part ways. Unlike a "normal" child-parent parting, this one is forever. No visits back home once in a while. No phone calls. Nothing.

Not to mention the parting scene feels like it takes forever. The author was really good at portraying emotions the characters had felt and their feelings emanated from the story.

And the ending is so open-ended. You don't get to know how Rainbow Dash feels after that. She's out of the story from the point she leaves. It gives you a sense of "She's gone... I wonder how she feels..." In a sense, that kind of puts you in the main character's shoes.

what are hurt about? Maybe you can talk to me.

Oh, well.. Your care is appreciated, but I was just making a joke based upon the fact that I'm one of the groups making a My Little Dashie film. My feelings weren't actually hurt as everypony is entitled to their own opinion, I just wanted to make a joke of the situation I faced by reading that comment. :)

Edited by MyLittleDriver

Oh, well.. Your care is appreciated, but I was just making a joke based upon the fact that I'm one of the groups making a My Little Dashie film. My feelings weren't actually hurt as everypony is entitled to their own opinion, I just wanted to make a joke of the situation I faced by reading that comment. :)

Oh, okay lol. My main problem with the My Little Dashie movie is that there are so many other, better things to make a movie out of. Why not a My Little Pony movie or a candle cove movie? WHy make a movie about a super-lame fanfic? My mind is full of fuck.

Oh, okay lol. My main problem with the My Little Dashie movie is that there are so many other, better things to make a movie out of. Why not a My Little Pony movie or a candle cove movie? WHy make a movie about a super-lame fanfic? My mind is full of fuck.

Well to be fair, me and my team were really taken by the premise, and quite frankly because of some of the issues with the original story we will be allowed far more creative license when it comes to making our own version of it. If we were to make a film of (Just as an example) Fallout: Equestria, even if it were to follow the same major plot points people would get angry at every single change that we made.. You understand?

You could ask the same thing about why people want to make an animated version of Fallout: Equestria.

And Fallout: Equestria is by far the most bafflingly overrated fanfic ever spat out of a fandom. I mean, dollars for donuts, people made a big deal about it because it is one of the longest pieces of literature ever written. But that doesn't make it good. Fallout: Equestria is a poorly written and poorly executed fanfic, yet because of its length, it got into the God tier of fanfics.

MLD, FO:E, Cupcakes, SAM... All of them got way more rep than they deserved.

• Brohoof 1

You could ask the same thing about why people want to make an animated version of Fallout: Equestria.

And Fallout: Equestria is by far the most bafflingly overrated fanfic ever spat out of a fandom. I mean, dollars for donuts, people made a big deal about it because it is one of the longest pieces of literature ever written. But that doesn't make it good. Fallout: Equestria is a poorly written and poorly executed fanfic, yet because of its length, it got into the God tier of fanfics.

MLD, FO:E, Cupcakes, SAM... All of them got way more rep than they deserved.

Eh, Fallout: Equestria was okay. Though, if someone made a Fallout: Equestria game I would certainly give it a try.

Cupcakes is popular 'cause shock value. Not overly surprising. "oh nooo poniez n gor? DDDD:"

wat is sam

The story of some weird selfish guy that stumbles upon Rainbow Dash but never makes an attempt to get her back to her own world while pretty much imprisoning her at the same time and never explaining what happened to her...

That was the real sad part of the story

• Brohoof 3

It all comes down to personal preference. I have read nearly every sad fan fiction suggested to me, but the only one that ever made me cry was My Little Dashie. Nothing else has even come close.

A couple people had said that they didn't cry at MLD, but stories like A Precious Rainbow or Our Last Goodbyes made them cry like 2 year olds. In my opinion, those were both very good stories, but I never even came close crying or even being sad.

Again, it all comes down to your own preferences and how the stories relate to things you've experienced before.

The story of a man who somehow never went on the Internet while keeping Dashie but somehow found a job in an extremely technological age that allowed him to purchase a two story home with a huge mass of

Land. In such a technological age, there is no way the man did not ever go onto the Internet (in 15 years?). Professiona today of all kinds require at least an e-mail and e-mail use. Also, 15 years' time would bring about so many technological advancements there is no way he could not have experienced any dramatic changes in an economically superior society. Yet the author mentioned none.

Edited by MallaJong1

To be honest I really didn't find it all that sad ( My post on "Sadder than My Little Dashie?" was meant to be a joke.

It did get me slightly emotional over her leaving and for all she did for the guy but I'd say its more bitter-sweet than sad personally.

A tad bit over rated as well.

Me'h I've cried in many sad fanfics, and MLD wasn't one of them.... well it's mostly for each's taste, me for instance, Sad Pinkie Pie fanfics pretty much haunt me for days, or they just make me shed a tear or two OR MILLIONS OF THEM

You're no different than others, the fanfic is overrated because so many people have read it

Well, I don't read anything sad. I'm very emotional. Last Dream of a Filly made me cry. Not sure if anyone else has read it. I've never read My Little Dashie. I try reading it once, but I got bored. Never went back because it might have made me sad.

Didn't make me cry either, I pretty much saw the ending coming so it didn't really effect my emotions much. Still, I found it to be a pretty good and touching story in the end, and still worth reading. :)

Oh, I see it all planned as nothing more than a tearjerker and I'll admit to having fell for it. After the initial wave of emotion and after reading the work in progress, you just feel like the author went for those over the top sentimental scenes rather than substance. Yeah, the story became way forced in that.

• Brohoof 1