Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rarity's Dad

Silverwisp the Bard

I believe we all saw her parents in one episode (I forget which one though). But here they are, in case you all need an idea:

Posted Image

Anyways, I think a proper name for Rarity's dad would be Diamondshine....I guess because it ties in with the whole family's 'essence'.

Well, his cutie mark are american footballs... According to his hawaiian shirt and mustache, what about..

Rock-solid Jack (from Jock...)

Magnum Touch

or simply Magnum...

• Brohoof 2

So anyone got a good idea for Rarity's dad's name?

He looks like a Hank to me, but that doesn't really fit in with the usual names on the show.

Best 3 suggestions get a request.

Tom Selleck is my vote! Rarity's dad looks like Magnum PI to me! Maybe Magnum P-Ony would be a better choice!

Posted Image

Back on Edit. I just thought of something to back my choice of Tom Selleck! Maybe that's why Rarity named the big "diamond" Tom! Every filly wants to marry a stallion just like dear old dad!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Back on Edit. I just thought of something to back my choice of Tom Selleck! Maybe that's why Rarity named the big "diamond" Tom! Every filly wants to marry a stallion just like dear old dad!

And we got our first winner. (Now I gotta come up with his zebra buddy who pilots their blimp...)

What would you like as a pic?

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard

I believe we all saw her parents in one episode (I forget which one though). But here they are, in case you all need an idea:

Posted Image

Anyways, I think a proper name for Rarity's dad would be Diamondshine....I guess because it ties in with the whole family's 'essence'.

WHAT EPISODE IS THAT!?! and why does Raritys mom have a pink face and a white flank.....

(edited)

What really gets me wondering about Rarity's parents is how did she become such a proper lady with parents like those?!

I know, I loved the interaction between the three of them during Sisterhooves Social. An episode of them meeting the rest of Rarity's friends would be hilarious.

WHAT EPISODE IS THAT!?! and why does Raritys mom have a pink face and a white flank.....

See above and I believe her mum is wearing pants (that cover her cutiemark). Edited by Silverwisp the Bard

And doesn't Rarity's mom and Mrs. Cake look like they could be sisters?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Don't you see the resemblance? Other than her having no horn, Rarity's mom looks just like Mrs. Cake! Just switch the coat and mane colors!

Edited by My little pwny
  • Brohoof 1

I don't know what episode that was. :P

And I don't know, lol, I just found that on Google images, and was pre-edited with the hamburgers. Probably that's why Rarity's mom has two colors. And Rarity's mom and Mrs. Cake DO look alike. :)

While Tom Selleck is a pretty good comparison, I think Rarity's Dad looks more like Dan Fouts, former San Diego Chargers quarterback. Considering his cutie mark is three footballs, this makes sense to me.

Posted Image

I don't know what episode that was. :P

And I don't know, lol, I just found that on Google images, and was pre-edited with the hamburgers. Probably that's why Rarity's mom has two colors. And Rarity's mom and Mrs. Cake DO look alike. :)

It's S2E5, "Sisterhooves Social" :)

I have no idea but I love her parents XD They are just so completely opposite of her :P

And doesn't Rarity's mom and Mrs. Cake look like they could be sisters?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Don't you see the resemblance? Other than her having no horn, Rarity's mom looks just like Mrs. Cake! Just switch the coat and mane colors!

Maybe she and Pinkie could be cousins? :DDD That's why they're so good friends! Nah i'm just yankin' your hoof. :P

I think she has a white flank because she is wearing pants ? (we've all seen them on Lyra, maybe this makes them cannon? )

Im not sure what he should be called , maybe he owns a mine somewhere, he looks kinda southern American, maybe he even drills for oil or something :o!

And we got our first winner. (Now I gotta come up with his zebra buddy who pilots their blimp...)

What would you like as a pic?

Thanks!

This may sound off the wall, but how about Kim Possible as a pony? I always thought she would be cool as one.

(edited)

While Tom Selleck is a pretty good comparison, I think Rarity's Dad looks more like Dan Fouts, former San Diego Chargers quarterback. Considering his cutie mark is three footballs, this makes sense to me.

Well, he got the stature for it. Ponify that name and you got yourself a deal.

Also, first picture done:

post-3492-0-78567900-1344389444_thumb.jpg

Baggy pants really don't work with pony anatomy, hence battlesuit. Also, my scanner seems to hate orange, so I'll probably just vector it to get proper colours. I'll let you know when it's done.

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard

Well that's going to be a bit of a stretch lol. Uhh, either Dan Trots or Dan Foalts. But neither sound very good.

Also, first picture done:

post-3492-0-78567900-1344389444_thumb.jpg

Baggy pants really don't work with pony anatomy, hence battlesuit. Also, my scanner seems to hate orange, so I'll probably just vector it to get proper colours. I'll let you know when it's done.

Very nice! Thank you! I'm not quite sure what vectoring is, but I'm looking forward to the finished results!