Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should I get a Unicycle?

deathbycake74

K so I got this friend of mine who can unicycle and juggle at the same time, I think it's so kickass. He's the only person I've ever met that knows how, I was thinking of getting one and troll the oublic (jk). I dunno if i should sine it's coll in a dorky sorta, way. Would I really want to be know as the kid on a unicycle. Or should I use that money for a new hill bombing longboard? Thanks guys!

I thought about trying to ride a unicycle too, I didn't go through with it because I doubted it would work out. I also didn't want to faceplant into concrete.

Maybe ask your friend if you could test ride his unicycle, see if you can stay on one. Try before you buy.

• Brohoof 1

Unicycles are awesome. Thus if we do the math buying a unicycle and riding it around makes the person riding it exponentially cooler. <---- Insert 20% Cooler Joke Here

• Brohoof 1

Probaly good for a workout. I can't imagine how much balance and abdominal strength you would need to give yourself control managing to cycle on that. if you ever get bored you could do this after obtaining the skill...

Edited by Fox
  • Brohoof 3

I had one at one point. It seems some people get the hang of it quickly and some have a lot of trouble. I could never ride too well and sold it, but they are very cool, and if you can learn to ride it, you would sure make an impression!

• Brohoof 1

Well if your determined to learn it, why the heck not, sounds like an interesting challenge. But if you're not interested in putting an effort out to learn a weird one wheeled cycle, just go for the longboard.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I'm think I'm gonna go for it. I don't see why not, I think they're boss. (: Thanks for all your input guys!

hey did you get one? how'd it go?

my neighbor growing up got one and it was so hard for him at first, but now he's awesome! not many people can ride one, so it's a fun way to show off at parties, or just trolling the streets :)

Unicycles are awesome. Thus if we do the math buying a unicycle and riding it around makes the person riding it exponentially cooler. <---- Insert 20% Cooler Joke Here

It would only be 20% cooler if you had RD declas and color scheme on it :D!

If you will go thought with learning to ride it them yeah, go for it! Just remember it might be harder then you think, and I wouldn't want you to waste your money on something you then couldn't do :)

• Brohoof 1

It would only be 20% cooler if you had RD declas and color scheme on it :D!

If you will go thought with learning to ride it them yeah, go for it! Just remember it might be harder then you think, and I wouldn't want you to waste your money on something you then couldn't do :)

totally - but it think he should learn to ride it first! nothing worse (i think) than decorating it all fancy and then never learning to ride it :P

• Brohoof 1

Well if your determined to learn it, why the heck not, sounds like an interesting challenge. But if you're not interested in putting an effort out to learn a weird one wheeled cycle, just go for the longboard.

so ya thats a yes from me

• Brohoof 1

You said that your friend juggled too? Juggling beats unicycling by a long shot ;) It's cheaper too. Just get 3 balls and you're ready to go :)

Nah, I'm kidding. Unicycling is super cool. I have tried to learn it but failed :P I'm just too scared of falling I guess :P

I advice you to try it out before you buy one. Ask your friend if he can teach you. If you still want to learn it after trying it out for a while, then by all means, buy one :)

• Brohoof 1

I would really love a unicycle! Except I already spent my money on a Game Boy. Oh well, maybe next time.

Oh and you should definitively get a unicycle!

• Brohoof 1

hey did you get one? how'd it go?

my neighbor growing up got one and it was so hard for him at first, but now he's awesome! not many people can ride one, so it's a fun way to show off at parties, or just trolling the streets :)

Haven't got one yet, haven't been able to. But i've been practicing on my friends, thanks! I intend on a lot of trolling

• 4 years later...
On 12/8/2012 at 10:46 AM, pizzaparty9 said:

so ya thats a yes from me

Agree. In addition to the longboard, I also suggest electric unicycles. There are a lot of self-balancing e-unicycles out there so even if you cannot balance so much, you can still ride the unicycle. My mom recently bought a Segway One S1 for me and I'm loving it! It's just kinda weird when I ride it because people are looking at me. Buy hello! We're in the modern world no so I don't care. Hahaha! Anyway, if you still want to go with the traditional unicycles with pedal, then go for it. 

Since the thread is nearly 5 years old, it's highly unlikely deathbycake is still looking for advice on the matter. Remember to keep an eye on the date when bumping such threads, thanks. :) Locking.

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was locked