Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

500 Word MLP:FiM Fanfic Challenge

Ashbad

Doesn't need to just be writing, you can make it a multi-medium contest that morphs slightly in both restriction and medium every time. That way artists as well as writer's can engage. Doing this would also allow breaks for people who only practice in one particular medium, like writing.

That's an awesome idea, I should definitely implement the future contests to be more like that, might even attract more entrants! :)

• Brohoof 1

I'm thinking that with the apparent success of this contest, that I should turn this into a bi-weekly event, or a monthly event -- perhaps going as far as asking the administration to get some sort of "MLPForums Official contest" seal on it, to promote it. Of course, not every challenge would be "write a 500 word fic!", the "restriction" aspect of the challenge would change each time -- but the fun part is that there would still be some sort of restriction! Thoughts about my continuation of these contests past this one?

As for judging, I'm thinking of giving each fic a score myself, and then also making a poll to get another set of votes, combining them in a way that would justify the top three winners with actual point values in various categories such as grammar, originality, flow, etc.

I love it! I especially like the part about giving consideration to different aspects of each story (originality, humor, d'awww, etc).

@@Ashbad,

Here is my entry.

https://docs.google....rmEw/edit?pli=1

500 words exactly, and no there is no title. So yeah I have no idea why I wrote this, what I wrote, or how I wrote it, but hey I did. So I hope you like. Oh god, why did I do this.

lol I want to read Rainbow Dash's fanfiction now :P nah, but solid entry Luna Sparkle, my only major complaint would be the lack of title.

And Ashbad, could you edit in the title of my fanfic in the entry? It's called 'The Mare on the Moon'. Also, could you space out my paragraphs?

I'm just a little nitpicky, sorry xD

Edited by Eljordo

lol I want to read Rainbow Dash's fanfiction now :P nah, but solid entry Luna Sparkle, my only major complaint would be the lack of title.

Your entry was good to. But I hate coming up with titles, I am terrible at it. So yeah wonder how many more people will enter.

So yeah wonder how many more people will enter.

Well, with your entry that makes 15 total. I hope for about 5 more just to even us out at 20 but with only 4 days to go this might be all we get. Then again, 500 words is a quick write.

Sigh, sure hope I get some feedback after all the entries are turned in for judging and whatnot </3;

The only reaction I get is-

"Goddamnit."

"Dat fic"

"wut"

So you're not alone :P

The only reaction I get is-

"Goddamnit."

"Dat fic"

"wut"

So you're not alone :P

I've gotten nothing, not a single word, just a brohoof, and that was from Ashbad who does it for each story, so... xD;

• Brohoof 1

I've gotten nothing, not a single word, just a brohoof, and that was from Ashbad who does it for each story, so... xD;

Well, I was the first one finished, so that does make since :P

LAZY PEOPLE XD

• Brohoof 1

Sigh, sure hope I get some feedback after all the entries are turned in for judging and whatnot </3;

Yeah, I haven't gotten any feedback for my fic yet either >.> hmmm....

I'll give yours a quick read, one sec.

Yeah, I haven't gotten any feedback for my fic yet either >.> hmmm....

I'll give yours a quick read, one sec.

Thanks :3 I'll do likewise with yours. Symbiotic relationship forum members teamwork attack, GOOOOOOO!

>He complains

>Gets help

>I say something too

>Gets nothing

:c

I already read yours and I really did enjoy it :3 I said so a couple of pages back lol. I almost thought it was going to be a clopfic until I read the last bit. Overall I did enjoy it, it made me laugh :P

Fine here you go.

@@Incognito,

Alright, funny, yes, random, yes, and not the ending I expected, yes. Anyways I liked it(However I like almost anything I read...) and thought it was a solid entery for this challenge.

@@~Chaotic Discord~,

And for yours, I liked it and oh my god that decription in it was amazing.

So in all I liked them both, for differnt reasons, and yeah, what else is there to say, i'm not the best at this whole whatever it is thing.

Now as for my payment, you are to both read my entry(page before this one near the bottome) and tell me what you think, or not, I don't really care.

Edited by Luna Sparkle

Thanks :3 I'll do likewise with yours. Symbiotic relationship forum members teamwork attack, GOOOOOOO!

I thought it was pretty good. Discord calling Celestia 'Tia' threw me for a loop for a second, but I got used to it. Overall i liked the darkish tone of the fic :) I got that sense of hopelessness and urgency that was needed.

Between you and Crona, I got some competition :3

• Brohoof 1

You should see some of the feedback I get for my, um, ADULT stories! Yikes! People often mention what they are doing while reading!

Lolololol.

I used to write stories for a very popular site for adults, back in my crazy days.

I was well known as well :P

Corrupted mind is corrupted.

• Brohoof 2

Your story is a very strong contender here. I liked your descriptions of Discord's movements. In honesty, the only fault I find is with the title. Perhaps it's only by association, but "The Odd Couple" made me expect a comedy.
  • Brohoof 1

@, Thanks :3 Glad you enjoyed it. What I can certainly say about yours is that you did well capturing the emotions of Luna's depression and sorrow for her actions, and what she misses about her home; something that the show, being aimed at a younger audience, completely avoided treading into. Very saddening, indeed. And her dialogue sounds authentic for her, so that's another plus.

@, Story is about Rainbow Dash, instantly an A+. I really like the premise, it's very cute, Dash becoming a member of a Daring Do forum, and writing a fanfic about her x3 Somehow I can totally see her doing that and wanting to keep it as big a secret as possible. Pretty good.

@@Incognito, Very nice. Like Elj mentions, you're some good competition for certain. It was a nice capture of a scene, and the humor was nicely weaved into it ^^ I can certainly see Spike reacting in that way. Nice job :3

Your story is a very strong contender here. I liked your descriptions of Discord's movements. In honesty, the only fault I find is with the title. Perhaps it's only by association, but "The Odd Couple" made me expect a comedy.

Yes, the title was literally something I threw on there just so it wasn't title-less xP To me, the fact they are opposites and do nothing but argue made me think of the term off couple *shrug* But I agree it isn't the best title choice. Titles are the bane of my existence, after all.

• Brohoof 1

Lolololol.

I used to write stories for a very popular site for adults, back in my crazy days.

I was well known as well :P

Corrupted mind is corrupted.

PM me your author name and the site. If it's still there I'll check a couple out! I'll do the same if you like.

PM me your author name and the site. If it's still there I'll check a couple out! I'll do the same if you like.

Ohohoho, I prefer my username to stay anonymous :P

I like to keep my secrets up. I still have users here try to guess who I was :P

>Hence, it's because I am 16.

AND NO, I AM NOT TIARAWHY.

Edited by Incognito

Zoop posted directly after me, so of course, my thunder is stolen.

Zoop's goal was to "tell as little of a story as humanly possible."

My chances of winning are slimmer than slim.

Zoop posted directly after me, so of course, my thunder is stolen.

Zoop's goal was to "tell as little of a story as humanly possible."

My chances of winning are slimmer than slim.

Why is your spirit so low?

Most people did not get commented on, it's no biggie.

Why is your spirit so low?

Most people did not get commented on, it's no biggie.

I was really just making a joke on how people with bigger names in forums and other places tend to get a lead start based on their popularity. It's really not that bad here on this forum, but yeah, t'was a joke.

i rly cnt care less if i dnt win neway