movies/tv Best movie you've ever seen

OkBuddy

Donnie Darko (Directors Cut)

Well-balanced characters and a story so fascinatingly amazing that i could watch this movie twice a day 

Qoute from Donnie Darko

Kitty Farmer: If you don't complete the assignment, you'll get a zero for the day. 
[motions to speak... 
Kitty Farmer: [cut to principal's office
Principal Cole: Donald, let me preface this by saying that your Iowa test scores are... intimidating. So... let's go over this again. What exactly did you say to Ms. Farmer? 
Kitty Farmer: [loudly interjecting] I'll tell you what he said! He asked me to forcibly insert the lifeline exercise card into my anus!

ziggy_starhoofs_by_shycubkovu-d5quho1.pn

Oh goody, one of these topics. ^^

1. The Matrix

2. Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone

3. Evangelion 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance

4. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

5. Inception

...eeeeeyup. I've been meaning to check out Equilibrium but eh. Haven't had time.

~Seraphim~

~:What's so fun about firing at targets that aren't moving?:~

Yakumo Yukari

459f429b4f.png

~Touhou Project~

Bambi 2- Outright cutest movie I love the most.  Not heartbreakingly sad like the original Bambi, and not a dumb squeal (like Mulan 2 or Cinderella 2 and 3).  I love deer, so this at the top of my top 5 list. 

Anything Studio Ghibli-  I am cheating I know....Studio Ghibli is anime god!  Favorite movies from this studio include Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Nausicca, Howls Moving Castle and Castle in the Sky.  Grave of fireflies is the saddest, most heartbreaking animated movie I believe there is but immensely good.

Anything by Mel Brooks....Comedy Gold. 'nuff said

"In fire iron is born, by fire it is tamed"

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring -or- Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. I do not know which of the two I consider better. I always used to like RotK more, but in recent years, I've realize that a lot of my favorite scenes and quotes are actually from Fellowship of the Ring. In fact, if we were going by the books, FotR is my favorite of the trilogy. Still think that Return of the King has the best drama and possibly action of the series.

Aside from those... *shrug* Fight Club is a bad ass movie. Full of good quotes too, and a pretty neat soundtrack.

But if we were going by movie snobbery, my favorite movie that is adored by critics and bs is probably Taxi Driver.

• Brohoof 2

317hd83.jpgEin Doggy is very excited for ball :3

Star Wars has got to be my all time favorite move series, with the exception of Ep.1 and I am sure/hope most of you all will agree with me. I can understand a someponys reason for enjoying Ep.1 for its story significance to the rest of them. However, there was a lot I really did not like about it, which I will not go into detail about. That is a rant for another thread... Top 5... Ep. 2-6 wub.png

NnJsMCd.jpg

My top movies:

1. The Brave Little Toaster

2. The Shining

3. A Boy Named Charlie Brown

4. Kiki's Delivery Service

5. Babe

6. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

7. The Fox and the Hound

8. Spider-Man 3 (yeah, I know...)

9. The Mask

10. Ratatouille

Edited by Dr. Eggnog

I love you.

Children of Men, by Alfonso Cuarón. It's a film about global infertility turning the UK into a police state as influxes of immigrants seek asylum there after every other nation collapses. This film boasts thrilling cinematography and amazing acting, exploring and fully tackling the ethical issue of global infertility with a dark yet wholly inspiring edge. The themes of hope, faith and resilience were, considering that in 2006 when it was released ethical issues of similar severity were impending, perfectly imposed. There were long-shot sequences that were absolutely masterful, and the script gives you the atmosphere of political struggle and suppression not by handing you some tyrant, but by countrywide chaos that would be expected. Clive Owen played the leading role superbly, bonding with each character is easy... and it contains my favourite scene out of any film, ever, which is the ending ceasefire, the most dazzling, touching and smile-inducing scene I've ever watched as the sanctity of life is unanimously recognised.

(I'm beginning to sound like an IMDb consensus...)

Yeah, I damn loved Children of Men. You are missing out on so much if you don't see it. Check Netflix or your movie channel.

Here are my top ten films.

1) Children of Men

2) Tarzan

3) Pan's Labyrinth

4) Wreck-it Ralph

5) The Matrix

6) The Spirit of Jeet Kune-do

7) Inception

8) The Orphanage

9) Ip Man

10) Pacific Rim

Edited by Flipturn

My best/favorite movie(s)

1. Tremors 2 Aftershocks

2. Tremors 3 Back To Perfection

3. Tremors 1 

4. Tremors 4 The legend begins

5. Saving private ryan. 

And BAM! there you go. I hope at least someone here likes tremors as much as I do.

post-466-0-62946500-1358123026.png

Enjoy what was meant to be!

Honestly, the best movies I have seen thus far would have to be the Matrix series, the Expendables 1 and 2, and maybe the movie 9.

I add 9 because it had an interesting concept of dolls being life's only hope in a post-apocalyptic world

I would've put Babylon A.D. in here if it weren't forr the fact that the ending was just generic as crap :/

DLnfvWR.png

Thank you Nas for the sig :3

#HugWoona

I'll try and choose one movie from every movie genre I've watched something from.

First, for horror, my pick is Misery. James Caan plays an author writing a novel in a secluded cabin in the woods, and on the way back home, he gets in a car accident and nursed back to health by a nurse who is almost too enamored with his work. This nurse character is really where the film shines, and Kathy Bates won a well-deserved Oscar for her performance.

Though it's difficult, my favorite comedy would have to be Young Frankenstein. An absolute masterpiece of comedy from Mel Brooks. Though Spaceballs is the favorite of most of my friends, this is truly that film's superior. Gene Wilder's performance as the titular character is gut-busting, and Marty Feldman is just perfect as Igor.

My favorite animated movie is hands-down The Incredibles. It's got so many different themes going on at once; superheroes, family issues, retirement, growing old... the list goes on. I enjoyed it as a kid for all the action, and then when I returned to it, I really understood what was actually happening on a much more profound level. It's not often that you can really feel emotional over superheroes, let alone animated ones. Pixar nailed it.

My favorite musical film would be Jesus Christ Superstar. Even from a non-religious standpoint, this is a really touching story of a man who was an inspiration to everyone around him, but was stabbed in the back by those he cared for. I actually prefer this to Godspell, which tells the same story, but in a much different way that (while it's still done very well) sort of phased me out a bit. JCS is an intimate experience in music and visuals with no filler to be found.

Finally, my favorite drama, The Truman Show. If anything, this movie is a must-see just for Jim Carrey's performance alone. It's the antithesis of his other work like Ace Ventura where you can't truly separate Carrey from his character. Here, it's a much more subtle character for him to tackle, and he pulls it off with a great sense of ease. The whole time, you're just rooting for Truman to be freed, rather than simply observing his actions.

Other films I like include Airplane!, Tim Burton's Batman movies (Nolan's just didn't do as much for me), Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

eVVKXXk.png

I've got a story that money just can't buy.

ALBUM OF THE WEEK: The Knife - Shaking the Habitual

• 1 month later...

Hey there, just thought that since there was a worst movies thread that there should also be a best movies thread. My favorite move is actually a three way tie.

1. Lord of the Rings Trilogy(wait that's not a single movie, shut I don't care)

These movies are just epic. I adore them.

2. Razors Edge (80's version with Bill Murray)

Not a funny movie if you were wondering, actually a very deep movie about life and it's meaning)

3. Empire of the Sun (90's with young Christian Bale)

Another very deep movie about the Worst and Best of Mankind

What are your favorite movies?

Edited by Conbon

My favorite movie is The Brave Little Toaster.  I love the cross country journey, the songs, the tone, and the characters.

My favorite live action film is The Shining.  I love the atmosphere, pacing, and camerawork.

• Brohoof 1

I love you.

1. Blade Runner

2. Napoleon Dynaimite

3. Watership Down

4. E.T.

5. Alien

All great movies, and I especially love Blade Runner. It's awesome!

EDIT: Frankenweenie. Really great.

/)

Edited by Sir.Flutter Hooves
  • Brohoof 2

KGuAkGD.gif

This fantastic signature is made my by awesome friend Rainbow Skywalker! :D

Wow, that's a tough choice. I'm going to go with these:

1. Wall-E. I loved the visuals, I loved the story, and I loved how they brought so much life to these simple robots.

2. Coraline. Once again, I loved the visuals and the story.

3. Life of Brian. That is a brilliant movie with great social commentary and comedy. I highly recommend it to anyone that's in their later teens.

OC: Pinoak Stringhoof, Puppeteer and storyteller. 

OC: Phil Noir, Private Eye.

The best Movie? The Iron Giant, I shred tears when I watched that movie when I was a kid, and my brother did too! which was a pretty fun sight beacuse he was trying to act tough.

• Brohoof 1

Cinema Paradiso.

paradiso.jpg

A movie about movies...and life...and love. It's not a perfect movie, and it's by no means the best movie out there, but it has more "good" aspects collectively than just about any other movie I've seen. Also, it's nearly impossible to dislike.

• Brohoof 1

Ain’t that Equestria / Drop on by / Ain’t that Equestria / Give friendship a try / Ain’t that Equestria / Ponies who fly / Little pink cupcakes for Pinkie Pie

Labyrinth or Spaceballs 

Maybe Mamma Mia the movie or ABBA the movie godness its had to pick 

I still <3 final fanstey advent child or something even though i don't understand wat they say wub.png

post-8120-0-33080600-1365545292.png

Credit Frozen Mint

Email Me: Emiko2467@gmail.com 

I just got this strange feeling that I should watch this film you call Blade Runner. I've heard a little about it but I don't know much.

Blade Runner 

1. Blade Runner
  • Brohoof 2

1. Blade Runner

2. Napoleon Dynaimite

3. Watership Down

4. E.T.

5. Alien

All great movies, and I especially love Blade Runner. It's awesome!

/)

Yeah-I loved Blade Runner the first time I saw it-it's so dystopic-pissing down with rain all the time. So unlike all the other sci-fi stuff that was coming out around that time.

It's one of the few movies that I will watch anytime it's on. Even the soundtrack is awesome. Vangelis.

• Brohoof 1

jD6TVzI.png