Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming MLP Forums Guild Wars 2 Guild

Bohtty

School has kept me from dropping my input >_> Anyway, I basically agree with everything here so I guess it doesn't really matter. :P Re-cast my vote. I'm undecided on class at the moment. I played Gaurdian a fair amount in the beta and it was fun, so I MIGHT end up rolling that, but will have to see. Lots of cool deflection attacks. Also @, a couple things I didn't see mentioned in how it's different is that you really don't notice you're doing quests. I really didn't actually notice many traditional quests in the beta. Instead, you move into an area and there are several people who need help with three or four different things (you can pick whatever one you want to help out), and do them until you fill a bar up. At that point you're granted xp and karma, which you can spend on various items at various vendors. Also you can level by just exploring and finding waypoints (the game's fast travel system), or other cool hidden things. There are also dynamic events that grant a fair amount of xp. So it takes a non-traditional route to level. In addition, after a certain point it doesn't get harder to level up, and stays at a steady rate. There IS a main questline which gives a ton of xp, but there's usually a 2-3 or more level gap between them. So you're on the move a lot, and probably won't walk into an area and moan due to there being a bajillion question marks everywhere. :P

Edited by ~LowfatEnvelope~
  • Brohoof 1

School has kept me from dropping my input >_> Anyway, I basically agree with everything here so I guess it doesn't really matter. :P Re-cast my vote. I'm undecided on class at the moment. I played Gaurdian a fair amount in the beta and it was fun, so I MIGHT end up rolling that, but will have to see. Lots of cool deflection attacks. Also @, a couple things I didn't see mentioned in how it's different is that you really don't notice you're doing quests. I really didn't actually notice many traditional quests in the beta. Instead, you move into an area and there are several people who need help with three or four different things (you can pick whatever one you want to help out), and do them until you fill a bar up. At that point you're granted xp and karma, which you can spend on various items at various vendors. Also you can level by just exploring and finding waypoints (the game's fast travel system), or other cool hidden things. So it takes a non-traditional route to level. In addition, after a certain point it doesn't get harder to level up, and stays at a steady rate. There IS a main questline which gives a ton of xp, but there's usually a 2-3 or more level gap between them.

I totally agree with you there, its not going to be like many other mmo's out there, plus it free to play, all you have to do is buy the game and that's it. no subscription fee at all, just free

Where is everypony, this place has gotten a bit quite here :( . Is there any new info about the guild,

IE

vent set up/ some sort of voice chat(though i don't think we really need it)

days that we all get together and play

and other important info

Just asking by the way

vent set up/ some sort of voice chat(though i don't think we really need it)

days that we all get together and play

and other important info

Just asking by the way

Getting vent will depend on whether or not we need it and for the pre week It's just going to be open for anything. After that I'll start organizing actual events etc.
  • Brohoof 1

Getting vent will depend on whether or not we need it and for the pre week It's just going to be open for anything. After that I'll start organizing actual events etc.

ok sounds good to me, another thing is we need to now every character name in the guild

Mine is MemoryLoss

Oh ya its up and running right now too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by darkmist

It went up 2 hours early?

Ya just a bit, there still doing a bit of updating to, so watch out for cashes and such. but lets hope that its not to much

I have to wait for it to ship here, oh well have fun guys. I'll probably start playing on Monday I'm guessing.

Download the client. Did you pre-purchase the game?? is so you can download the client from the website

Edited by darkmist

I DO NOT recommend Dragonbrand for the server for the guild, as it's already high-pop (unless that's what we wanted). There are a fair amount of low pop servers and a couple medium ones though.

Well, my in game name will be Bohtty so just add me everyone an I'll add you to the guild. It went up 2 hours early?

They said on the website they might throw it up early so the servers aren't fried from the rush.

damn it im already on dragonbrand. i guess i will change when the time comes. will any ways hope to see you in game soon

Same, I'm already on Dragonbrand, lets just stay and see how it goes and if we need to then we can take them up on their offer to transfer out.
  • Brohoof 1

Same, I'm already on Dragonbrand, lets just stay and see how it goes and if we need to then we can take them up on their offer to transfer out.

Thank god, it would have been a pain in the flank to server transfers. I will see if i can't friend you Bohtty once im back on line(had a crash)

Alrighty then. I need sleep so I won't be on tonight, but will send you a friend request when I get up. My name will probably be LowfatEnvelope (or LFE if that doesn't fit).

I'll join... as soon as I'm able to log in :P

Both the client and websites are giving me errors which would be due to the high server load their getting. I hope they get it sorted out by release because it's only going to get worse.

Haha, I'm stuck at the client error screen as well!

Oh well, WHEN I get on, I'll send out the friend requests under Keltorr (I`m rolling a charr character after all :P ).

Edited by Celtore

The Guild Wars 2 (also guild wars 1 servers xD) servers are down, people, in case you didn't know. ArenaNet are working hard on fixing the errors asap.

While you're waiting, you should check out this new beautiful mix by PON3 :DD

http://youtu.be/n-TB53UooQM

Edited by ProjectRKA

They fixed the connection issues! Can we get a list of everyone's Anet name (the global one, not the character ones)? That'd make it easier to communicate for the time being. Mine's LowfatEnvelope.5934 as usual. (That's also my characters name).

So I bought GW2 and would love to get in on this guild however I don't remember getting an Anet name or would that be the username?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. My Anet name is Unfoundedfall.2378

Edited by SilverHeart

What race and profession do you guys play ? I've got three different characters at the moment. Probably going to change the 3rd one.

I'm playing these at the moment:

Human Warrior

Sylvari Necromancer

Asura Mesmer. (Probably changing this one to elementalist)

Also, if you want to add me, add Aeijan.1623. :)

Arena Net Name: MrJK.2985

Name:MrJK

Race:Asura

Class: Elementalist

Dis gon be gud!

Equestria Daily: Nightly Roundup #419

Server: Dragonshard

Guild Name: Guardians of Equestria

Guild Tag:PONY

Hello Guild Name that we almost decided upon, nice to see you again.