Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spike the Dragon

SpikeyWikey07

This is a simple topic upon Spike the dragon from the G4 series. You can discuss about how you like him, or don't like him. I will respond to anyone who may interest me to discuss with. Otherwise, go right away and post your mind. Of course, follow the rules.

I enjoy Spike from G4, due to how Lauren Faust gave him more exposure and slightly more recognition to the audience. I've seen a few from the original, G2 and G3 and I understand to most bronies that he isn't that much to be excited for. He's the only reason why I enjoy the show. 2nd reason is that Lauren Faust is a wonderful person in the means of Hollywood. She's just great. But anyways, back on topic...

Topic is all about Spike, love or hate, follow the rules and have fun! :)

Hmm, nopony's posting here? But Spike's so cute! :(

I don't know much about G1/G2 Spike, just that he's kinda cute. G3 Spike was so different! Honestly, I don't particularly like him. G4 Spike is awesome. I think he's quite interesting, actually. He's a dedicated assisstant, a cute kid, a fun friend and all-round awesome!

I have a thing for shipping, and Spike really confuses me. At first, I went with the canon one-sided SpikexRarity, but didn't think much of it. In the episode Owl's Well That Ends Well, when Twilight Sparkle reprimanded him and he teared up saying "She... she doesn't love me anymore..." I instantly fell in love with SpikexTwilight (I understand Spike meant 'love' in a platonic sense, but still). I do still like this pairing, but after the photo montage at the end of Canterlot Wedding, I started thinking of SpikexSweetie. I'm so confused. -_-'

I thought Secret of my Excess was cool, in that we got to learn more about dragons, and honestly, I loved teen!Spike. Seriously. When his voice suddenly dropped I slapped my hand over my mouth and had to pause the episode for some fangirl-giggling :blush: I like the ending, and it brought me back round to SpikexRarity again (still supporting tthe other ships, though ;) )

Dragon Quest was just brilliant. I thought it was a great idea to give Spike a "finding yourself/coming-of-age" sort of episode. It was good to see him away from the ponies, interacting with his own kind and learning the true values of his life. His pet phoenix PeeWee was adorable; I hope we see more of him in season 3~ ^^

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Hmm, nopony's posting here? But Spike's so cute!

Nopony ever posted here, just shows how nopony has a care for him, which is ridiculous. He's an interesting character to the show, and I enjoy him. This character made me realize how much I love dragons. Everypony should give the poor dragon some love.

Edited by Sunlight
  • Brohoof 6

Nopony ever posted here, just shows how nopony has a care for him, which is ridiculous. He's an interesting character to the show, and I enjoy him. This character made me realize how much I love dragons. Everypony should give the poor dragon some love.

Honestly, I'm pretty surprised by this. Looking at YouTube comments and stuff like that, while he's still not exactly the most popular character, he's still got a pretty good following :blink: Where are you, Spike fans?!

• Brohoof 2

Spike has sort of a twisted sense of humor -- He does kind of revel in the failures of other ponies // laughs at rather than with a bit too much. Yes he has a crush on rarity and is loyal to twilight but as an outsider pony...

• Brohoof 1

Spike, in my opinion, is just a wonderful character. I mentioned that he does have a tendency to be unnoticed, yet in all generations that I've seen for now, he's always been. Here, at least Faust put effort to give him some recognition to the audience. Heck, I like him so much, I have done custom drawings of him, I have a beaded version of him and anime style keychain of him too.

Spike has sort of a twisted sense of humor -- He does kind of revel in the failures of other ponies // laughs at rather than with a bit too much. Yes he has a crush on rarity and is loyal to twilight but as an outsider pony...

He does have a twisted sense of humor, but I enjoy it. I can agree with your second statement. He does have a crush, yet from how I see it... he's going through a phase called "puppy love" where you tend to like something/someone and claim them as your own. In the end, they slowly realize how they screwed up a bit. But yet it's cute to see. Of course, he's loyal to Twilight and good thing too, from what I can recollect... when did she ever diss him? Excluding Owlicious. That's another reason I like Spike, he acts like a rogue with the ponies, he tries to be like them, but it's hard. I'm the same way.

Where are you, Spike fans?!

Here I am!

I really like Spike, I think he's one of the funniest characters in the show.

I kinda feel very sorry for him. He's never met his real family, and he has to grow up with ponies. It must be very uncomfortable to be the only dragon in Ponyville. I really enjoyed "Dragon Quest" because it showed all the sadness Spike feels deep inside.

• Brohoof 2

I think Spike is brilliant, I really enjoy his sence of humor, voice, design and cuteness. I think this is the best incarnation of the character, since Spike the dragon in the MLP franchise has been around since the 1980s. I find it really sweet how he tries to sometimes act all grown up like his pony pals but just ends up making me go 'awwww'

• Brohoof 2

spike is one of my favorite characters! he is like the 7th main character and has many episodes about him he has so many funny things about him like his huge crush on rarity Posted Image

he does a lot to help out everypony to!

• Brohoof 1

While I can't really comment on previous gens of Spike as I've never seen them before, I will say that I do enjoy Spike's Gen 4 incarnation. He's able to pull off the young assistant archetype without being too boring or too annoying. I also find his crush on Rarity adorable, and a bit depressing at the same time, when you consider the massive difference in Dragon and Pony ages. I also hope we get to see some interaction between him and Peewee, I'm curious how he would handle responsibility, seeing as he's usually the one cared for.

• Brohoof 5

Here I am!

I really like Spike, I think he's one of the funniest characters in the show.

I kinda feel very sorry for him. He's never met his real family, and he has to grow up with ponies. It must be very uncomfortable to be the only dragon in Ponyville. I really enjoyed "Dragon Quest" because it showed all the sadness Spike feels deep inside.

I know what you mean feeling sorry for him. The poor baby TTATT I hope we get to see him interact with other dragons his own age, instead of those teenaged ones.

While I can't really comment on previous gens of Spike as I've never seen them before, I will say that I do enjoy Spike's Gen 4 incarnation. He's able to pull off the young assistant archetype without being too boring or too annoying. I also find his crush on Rarity adorable, and a bit depressing at the same time, when you consider the massive difference in Dragon and Pony ages. I also hope we get to see some interaction between him and Peewee, I'm curious how he would handle responsibility, seeing as he's usually the one cared for.

An episode centering around Spike trying to care for PeeWee without Twilight's help would be cool! Pinkie Pie could bring up babysitting Pumpkin and Pound with Twilight offering to help but being turned out as Spike finds it offensive, like Pinkie did. Hmmm...

Twilight: Y'know, Spike, caring for a baby takes a lot of responsibility. Don't you think I should help?

Spike: HEY! I'm responsible! I can take care of PeeWee MYSELF! Hmph *walks off with PeeWee*

Twilight: .... Didn't something like this happen before?

*Twilight turns around to find Pinkie standing there*

Pinkie: Yup! It's just like when I was babysitting Pumpkin Cake and Pound Cake! Remember?! You came over and said you would help me, but I said I could do it myself, so I kicked you out, but thenI couldn't do it myself, but I couldn't just kick you back in 'cause I'd just kicked you out and it'd probably reeaaaaalllyyy hurt to get kicked out then back in and OOH CUPCAKES!!!!

*meanwhile, Twilight is gasping for breath after the Pinkie-shock*

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

post-7286-0-20390700-1346356381_thumb.jpg

Just to show my love for Spike.

I know I don't have much, I'm getting a figurine of him from a friend. Asking someone for a color printer to make a paper/3d spike and also I'm working on some pictures for Spike. If anyone has any suggestions, just post away! :lol:B)

Edited by Sunlight
  • Brohoof 1

post-7286-0-20390700-1346356381_thumb.jpg

Just to show my love for Spike.

I know I don't have much, I'm getting a figurine of him from a friend. Asking someone for a color printer to make a paper/3d spike and also I'm working on some pictures for Spike. If anyone has any suggestions, just post away! :lol:B)

Ooooh, that is just SO AWESOME! /)^3^(

All I have of any merchandise or anything is a few cutie mark badges (about 11, 12) and some fanart, and none of that has Spikey-wikey :(

Ooooh, that is just SO AWESOME! /)^3^(

All I have of any merchandise or anything is a few cutie mark badges (about 11, 12) and some fanart, and none of that has Spikey-wikey :(

That beaded spike was from a convention that I was invited to, where I realized how much I love dragons. It was a commission, got it on monday when I got back from school. Well, ok... all of those are from the convention. My cell there didn't show too well, but it has Discord as the wallpaper.

• Brohoof 1

That beaded spike was from a convention that I was invited to, where I realized how much I love dragons. It was a commission, got it on monday when I got back from school. Well, ok... all of those are from the convention. My cell there didn't show too well, but it has Discord as the wallpaper.

Cool! Yeah, I can see a faint Discord-y-ish-type shape there :) ...I need to get to another convention and track down some more pony stuff!

(edited)

Quick POST!!!

Hi everypony... I'll knock that off and RP* as Spike. (I know, this would then be in the RP section but whatev.)

Hi guys!

Look, I overheard of something from Twilight, that she called the "intar-nets"? But anyways, I took a look-see and look what I found!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=peTlbnOLQeU&list=UUzSEEXKSlmxhp950tZbrgwQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Hope you enjoy this!

Here's the "words" that send you there, something called a"four-rum Top-ick".

http://mlpforums.com...is/#entry718743

I'm just so glad that somepony out there really cared about me!

See ya!

Edited by Sunlight
  • Brohoof 2

Quick POST!!!

Hi everypony... I'll knock that off and RP* as Spike. (I know, this would then be in the RP section but whatev.)

Hi guys!

Look, I overheard of something from Twilight, that she called the "intar-nets"? But anyways, I took a look-see and look what I found!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=peTlbnOLQeU&list=UUzSEEXKSlmxhp950tZbrgwQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Hope you enjoy this!

Here's the "words" that send you there, something called a"four-rum Top-ick".

http://mlpforums.com...is/#entry718743

I'm just so glad that somepony out there really cared about me!

See ya!

Spike? Spike?! Wait, no, Spike, wait, come back! Please, come back, Spike! Please!! Take me with yooooouuuuuuuu!!!!!! :o

Oh, and... this laptop hates me and won't let me watch the video :( I shall look it up on my dad's laptop tomorrow!

• Brohoof 1

I like Spike very much. His wisecracks are funny ("An outhouse?") and of course he sends letters to the Princess, and retrieves letters she sends, so he's important that way. I'd like to see more of him with his pet phoenix Pee Wee.

Edited by PonyHag1
  • Brohoof 1

Spike is my 3rd favorite character, only topped by the two best unicorns. He always gets the funniest and most sarcastic lines, and his episodes are some of my personal favorites. He's seriously made me laugh more than Pinkie. He's adorable, and I love his Rarity adoration.

Most underrated character is awesome, and he's the only character where I get peeved if someone picked on him. I hope season 3 gives him the development or possibly backstory he deserves.

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 1

I LOVE SPIKE!

The show would just be too different without that awesome dragon.

I hope he gets even more episodes because Spike is funny and interesting.

Spike? Spike?! Wait, no, Spike, wait, come back! Please, come back, Spike! Please!! Take me with yooooouuuuuuuu!!!!!! :o

Oh, and... this laptop hates me and won't let me watch the video :( I shall look it up on my dad's laptop tomorrow!

Oh, I'm sorry Aerial~Shot. What did you need to ask?

Oh, I have a question for you...

Do you know if Rarity received my present today? It's very special, it's a gem with shows the future of onepony's self. Please don't tell her about it. It's a secret, that only you and I will keep. ;)

• Brohoof 1

He's a pretty cool character. Albeit a bit naive and childish. Which brings me to my main issue with him:

Will he ever grow or mature?

However, I highly doubt this as it'll take an element out of the show of which we've grown accustom to. The same can be said about the CMC never getting the Cutie Marks or growing.

~~

• Brohoof 2