Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Friends before the CMC?

Xievie

Well I was just watching episode 1 again, but noticed something.

Oh no, Nightmare Moon. Ponies gasp. The CMC are cowering in fear. Rainbow Dash asks what she did with Princess Cel-

WAIT.

The CMC together? What does this mean? No it doesn't look likely coincidence, they are standing next to each other, facing the same way, etc.

Could this mean they've known each other?

Going back to when the CMC was formed, they INTRODUCED themselves, so it must have been their first time meeting each other.

Any thoughts on this?

I say it's coincidence. The three ponies are in class together, so it makes sense that they already knew each other (as for not knowing each other's names, I'm familiar with plenty of my classmates but I haven't yet learned their names) When the cannibalistic goddess of darkness shows up, they happened to be standing near each other and huddled together by instinct since they knew each other (and their respective sisters weren't immediately within eyesight).

Also, they're facing the same way makes sense, since most ponies would probably turn to look at said cannibalistic goddess of darkness.

Also, recall what Twilight Sparkle said later in the season, where true friends form a magical bond that cannot be broken, sometimes even before they've met. :3

Edited by Jadefire
  • Brohoof 2

Probably an animator's oversight. Back then, I highly doubt that they would think that anyone would analyze the show enough to see something like that. I mean, do you think a little girl would notice it? Even if she did, do you think she;d analyze it? I think not.

• Brohoof 2

What? You finally realized that? I have been whining about it since I started watching it! Hopefully I wasn't the only one that knew about this right when I started.

I say it's coincidence. The three ponies are in class together, so it makes sense that they already knew each other. When the cannibalistic goddess of darkness shows up, they happened to be standing near each other and huddled together by instinct since they knew each other (and their respective sisters weren't immediately within eyesight).

Also, they're facing the same way makes sense, since most ponies would probably turn to look at said cannibalistic goddess of darkness.

All of this.

Just because they're huddled together doesn't mean they were friends before they actually met and introduced themselves.

I would like to mention though, I was pretty sure Sweetie and Scootaloo weren't shown in Apple Bloom's class until after they became friends, for some odd reason, so I don't know where they would have seen each other. Maybe they transferred after they met.

They simply couldn't have known each other since they introduced themselfs to each other. Its simply a coincidence that it happended like that.

I'm sure they may have atleast known each other slighly from being in class together. Even if they didn't know their name or that they didn't have cutie marks either.

But I'm sure they wheren't good friends before that or really friends at all. I mean I don't know many people who are good friends who forget their good friends names ;p

So yeah they didn't know each other until they introduced themselves.

• 4 years later...

The CMCs officially meet in Call of the Cutie (S1 E12).  Scootaloo & Sweetie were hiding under a table together.  Apple Bloom has apparently lived at Sweet Apple Acres since she was born.  So, this implies that this episode is the start of the school year & one or both the others moved to school after the end of the previous school year.  (probably early June)

Probably an animator's oversight. Back then, I highly doubt that they would think that anyone would analyze the show enough to see something like that. I mean, do you think a little girl would notice it? Even if she did, do you think she;d analyze it? I think not.

As a little kid I definitely would've realized and analyzed it  :P every cartoon I watched had continuity errors and that made me extremely mad. Seriously  :=: don't you even watch the show you make?!

I was way more obsessive than the average kid  :awuh: