Favorite cmc member  

41 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite cmc member?

• Applebloom
    • Sweetie bell
    • Scootaloo
    • Gabby

(edited)

No Babs Seed? :dash: But then again, I doubt she'd get that many votes...

Scootaloo has always been my favorite. I pretty much always like cute characters with attitude. :P I also think her inability to fly and trying to cope with it makes her more interesting as a character. In addition, her voice fits her perfectly – and even her not quite perfect singing was rather endearing in my opinion. ^_^

So all in all, she's quite a clear winner, and a top ten pony overall for me.

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 5

8 minutes ago, Tacodidra said:

No Babs Seed? :dash: But then again, I doubt she'd get that many votes...

Babs isn’t a crusader anymore since she got her cutie mark and it wasn’t a shield with red, pink, and purple on it.

I think Scootaloo is my favorite because she has the most story to her and she’s changed a lot as far as maturity. She also has an interesting design and the concept of a flightless pegasus is interesting to me.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Scootie the Cutie, because she’s the most cutie :wub:. Well, glad last week finally focused on her big time, and something other than Dashie this time, AND HER PARENTS NO LESS :mlp_yeehaa:. I think Scootie wasn’t as well portrayed compared to the other cuties before that 

I’m rather surprised she leads the poll, I thought she was the least popular of the cuties :huh:

Edited by Steve Piranha

• 1 year later...

I'm surprised Sweetie belle isn't winning, i thought she was the most loved cmc? Anyways, my favourite cmc is Scootaloo!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       4cf529539ab12e2ef225997bb981371d.jpg

Scootaloo is probably my favorite CMC. It's close though, Sweetie Belle has always been a consistently great character.

Scootaloo's personality reminds me of Dash's. She's an active, daring, and adorable little tomboy. She is such a fun character and really brings the life to the CMC. Plus, her admiration for Dash is very heartwarming. Then you have her design. It's simple, yet brilliant. Her mane and tail, just like Dash's, have a perfect mix of curves and spikes. Along with that, she is just plain cute. I think she's great.

That being said, there are things with her that I'm not a big fan about. I have always wanted her to fly at some point. Scootaloo has tried and struggled to fly for so long, therefor It would be a very satisfying thing to see that all pay off. Plus, it would make for a great lesson. It would show that with enough determination and patience, one can accomplish things, even if it is hard for them. I would've loved to see this great turnout for her effort. Unfortunately, the show didn't go down that route. At least I can still make her fly in my head-canon though ^^!

So yeah, Scootaloo is my favorite. I just wish they let her fly.

• Brohoof 1

Sweetie Belle. She might seem innocent and cute but that green magic is well earned because behind all those curly purple and pink locks there's a devious mastermind capable of lying and manipulating.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdWNXaf7AifnAmj3Ngu2hBlj7jUFB2LJAXXQ&usqp=CAU

Edited by Ittoni
  • Brohoof 2

Scootaloo has always been my favorite because of her colors, personality, and all the story concepts that were created because of her. I also thought it was interesting that she was the only pony to frequently ride a scooter everywhere.

• Brohoof 1

This is a really hard choice.  Since the beginning the CMC have been so tightly bound together that they are practically a gestalt entity and it's almost impossible for me to single out one of them for distinction over the other two.  None of them are interchangeable and to imagine the CMC without any one of them would be tantamount to having Rainbow Dash without her wings, Twilight without her horn or Applejack without her hat.

On 9/20/2020 at 6:47 PM, Landi72 said:

That being said, there are things with her that I'm not a big fan about. I have always wanted her to fly at some point. Scootaloo has tried and struggled to fly for so long, therefor It would be a very satisfying thing to see that all pay off. Plus, it would make for a great lesson. It would show that with enough determination and patience, one can accomplish things, even if it is hard for them. I would've loved to see this great turnout for her effort. Unfortunately, the show didn't go down that route. At least I can still make her fly in my head-canon though ^^!

So yeah, Scootaloo is my favorite. I just wish they let her fly.

Yeah, about that...

What we've been shown strongly suggests that the creators wanted Scootaloo to be outright disabled (pretty sure Faust and/or Larson have stated as much), while Hasbro (or someone else) didn't (we've never seen anything that fully contradicts the "late bloomer" line they'd been feeding us - even her adult form is open to interpretation on account of Bulk Biceps).

Ironically, that only served to make her situation even more tragic than if she'd been properly established in-universe as having an actual disability - we never got to see anyone try helping her learn to fly, nor any indication that she'd ever been to a doctor to sort out why she'd been having trouble flying, nor anyone helping her to cope with the possibility that she may never fly.

And then there's the fact that it's been firmly established in canon that Equestria is no stranger to heavier-than-air flight technology:

"Call of the Cutie" has Apple Bloom try flying with some old-fashioned glider.

"The Cutie Pox" has Apple Bloom sprout a hang glider cutie mark.

"Sweet and Elite" introduces Jet Set, a pony with three airplanes for a cutie mark.

Tank has his propeller backpack.

One of the timelines from "The Cutie Re-Mark" had Rainbow Dash flying on a prosthetic wing.

Even if we're to assume that Scootaloo would never be able to fly with just her own two wings, someone should have been able to hook her up with something that would have enabled her to fly in some capacity (just as so many people in real life use various technology to compensate for various disabilities, doing what they want to do with their lives when they otherwise couldn't). Yet that idea was never even briefly discussed - as an engineer, I've found that to be painfully stupid (She has plenty of thrust, but not quite enough lift - the solution should be obvious to anyone with even minimal scientific literacy).

The "assistive technology" route would have been the ideal solution - creators would have gotten to do the "disability representation" thing like they wanted, and fans would have gotten to see Scootaloo's dreams come true as is befitting a lighthearted work such as MLP. Win-win. Plus I personally think it would have been neat to have a cyborg-ish pony (that isn't part of some dystopian hellscape).

Oh well, there's always the comics. Hopefully now that they're free to go their own way, we can see this matter get the treatment it deserves. By which I mean, to Scootaloo's parents/aunts/whatever: GET YOUR [expletive deleted] KID TO A [expletive deleted] DOCTOR YOU [expletive deleted] USELESS [many expletives deleted].

Issue 93 is supposed to focus on Scootaloo and her family. It looks like her wing situation probably wouldn't be relevant to that particular plot, but it would be wonderful if they could squeeze in even a small piece of evidence that they hadn't been neglecting her in that department.

Plus issue 81 had her learn the story of Wind Sock, an earth pony who invented some glider thing (which looked like it was specifically intended to be the ideal piece of assistive tech for Scootaloo). So at this point they have pretty much no excuse whatsoever to leave her grounded.

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, HedonismBot said:

Yeah, about that...

What we've been shown strongly suggests that the creators wanted Scootaloo to be outright disabled (pretty sure Faust and/or Larson have stated as much), while Hasbro (or someone else) didn't (we've never seen anything that fully contradicts the "late bloomer" line they'd been feeding us - even her adult form is open to interpretation on account of Bulk Biceps).

Ironically, that only served to make her situation even more tragic than if she'd been properly established in-universe as having an actual disability - we never got to see anyone try helping her learn to fly, nor any indication that she'd ever been to a doctor to sort out why she'd been having trouble flying, nor anyone helping her to cope with the possibility that she may never fly.

Yeah, I've always been on the side of wanting her to fly.  But like you said, the show was very vague on it. Now towards the end they were heavily implying that she was disabled, but i don't think they explicitly said so. At least this way I can keep my head-canon that she's a late bloomer - so there's that I guess.

The problem there is that so many fans have glommed on to her as an example of disabled representation (even back when Hasbro was still pushing the "late bloomer" line) that having her fly all normal-like would ignite the greatest controversy ever seen since Twilight sprouted wings of her own. The idea behind the "assistive tech" route is to keep them happy without having everyone else watch her dreams get steamrolled.

Though for what it's worth, there is a real-world surgical procedure that could possibly help her, and it doesn't require any tech beyond what Equestria is shown to have:  Limb lengthening

That could make for an interesting story - perhaps have it so that Scootaloo would need to have it done by someone who specializes in wing surgery, whom one would expect to find in a place where the population is biased towards pegasi - say, Cloudsdale. Having the other CMCs try to get up there to visit her could be tons of fun - I could possibly see Sweetie Belle being able to handle the walk-on-clouds spell (probably not the butterfly wing spell - Twilight could barely get it off once).

Edited by HedonismBot
Added stuff on corrective surgery

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2020 at 10:32 AM, ilovedashiemlp said:

I'm surprised Sweetie belle isn't winning, i thought she was the most loved cmc? Anyways, my favourite cmc is Scootaloo!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       4cf529539ab12e2ef225997bb981371d.jpg

scoot_scootaloo_by_crisx3_d49ga9q-fullvi

Scootaloo is the awesomest and bravest filly and scootaloo the best pony