Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Slender or Amnisia?

Beat Shock

My friends keep asking me which game was scarier, Slender or Amnisia?

I played Slender three days ago and only got 5 pages. It was really freaky and I had nightmares ever since...

I haven't played amnisia but I watch reactions and playthroughs. I asumed it would be scarier because of how the zombies look, and the random pop-up scares.

When I ask people the question, they say Slender. Even though I never played Amnisia, I would think that would be more scary. :huh:

What do you guys think?

I found Amnesia actually a little scary, but not too much because there is absolutely no penalty for dying if you do end up getting chased by monsters. Still, I jump when I turn a corner and see one lumbering towards me.

Slender kinda made me laugh because you just walk around the words and you turn and theres a faceless man in the suit that does nothing other than make screechy noises and makes you start over.

Amnesia for me. The atmosphere, story, length, and the fact that they went all out with the sound all make it much more scary in my opinion. Slender gets me the first few times I see him, but it quickly dies off. Amnesia on the other hand, doesn't.

Edited by ~LowfatEnvelope~

None of them, I'm not affected. But Amnesia is a much better game for sure. You should really try it, I love that game!

It scares the shit out of my friend. ..So does Slender... But only the first time you play it. Next time it's boring. Amnesia is fun all the time :)

Amnesia by the suprises in custom maps.It scares you really much.But Slender is creepier than Amnesia.

I could collect 7/8.So close for that last page.And the ones who play Amnesia should know PewDiePie.

Imma be a biased douche and say Amnesia's WAY better than Slender, despite the fact I've never played Slender. I have seen an LP of it, and it doesn't look that bad, but then again, I still can't talk because I've still yet to play it.

I literally Played amnesia a day ago at my cousins. Though it freaked me out, slenderman is something I see. Not some invisible mass. Slenderman has lots of darkness. While amnesia has light sources throughout the game. Amnesia was funny at times and extremely interesting. Slenderman was FREAKAY. there's a bad luck Brian about it on memebase. Its funny. BUT THE REAL GAME IS NOT. BEWARE

Edited by IrusBlaze

My personal experience with amnesia can be described using words like "sore vocal chords"," flipped chairs" and "afraid to go in water more than 6 inches deep afterwards".

Amnesia will always scare me.

I have not played slenderman yet but i might play it just to get it over with.

Then again.......

Slender is, to me, pretty overrated now because:

Even if you collect all 8 pages, you'll STILL end up getting caught by Slenderman, so basically, you're screwed either way.

I still have yet to try out Amnesia, mainly the demo, but because my laptop can't handle it very well, I'll have to wait until I can afford a new computer and let my fear be released by playing Amnesia demo version.

Amnesia IMO is scarier. It's not just the monsters in Amnesia that are scary, it's the atmosphere. The sounds, effects, the fact that you are alone. Nobody is there to help you(Except Aggripa :lol: ) But yeah, the sheer fact that you are in this castle, with other "things", and those "things" are there to kill you. I've played custom stories that didn't have any monsters, and were still scary enough to keep me awake at night. Why you ask? Because of the sounds, and effects. Hearing creaking above you? Is that a monster, or your mind playing tricks on you. Was that a groan in the distance, or just the wind. Only way to find out is to press on, and hope there are ponies ahead :wub:

Edited by Star Dancer

In Slender, I ended up facing him 3 times in a row after the FIRST PAGE, running around aimlessly and losing my source of light after the 3rd page, and then running around for 15 minutes looking for more until I got bored.

In Amnesia, I played with my friends and was still scared (My turn came when it was Prison though, so is that a miracle?).

Basically, I'd say Amnesia is scarier.

Having played both games, I'd say they're both pretty scary, though the noise in Amnesia hurts my ears and fits the scary mood so well. Amnesia for me.

Why do I find scary games so amusing? I don't seem like the type of person to be into that stuff.

Edited by AmethystMoonRising

HAHA Slender is a joke. Amnesia is way scarier than that piece of shit. Want to know the scariest part about slender? All the trees look the fucking same. It's scary to think the developer of that game actually thought it was a good idea to do that. Don't get me started on how non threatening the Slender model looks.

Even Amnesia isn't that scary. Especially if you go through the entire game yelling "YOLO!" and booking it straight across the room.

Edited by Bohtty
  • Brohoof 2

Amnesia. Not only is it more scarier because of the atmosphere etc. But there are puzzles to figure out, which makes the game more challenging in my opinion :D

Yup. I thought Amnisia would be scarier. I don't know why kids at my school keep saying Slender is the scariest. Maybe they were just overexagerating to get me to play it. -_-

I think Amnesia is scarier than Slender, but I don't find them really scary at all. I love horror games.

Slenderman just... Stands there. It's not scary at all. When you see something moving in Amnesia you just run like hell.

It's pretty close for me, I like the story for Amnesia but if you've seen 'The Slender Documentary' it made Slender a lot more scarier for me. The new maps freak me out more than the forest, Sanatorium is the latest one and it makes me jump higher than before >.<

Amnesia is just as scary every single time I play, it's a couple years old but sometimes I still have nightmares of it.

Well Slender is EXTREMELY SCARY! IT GIVES ME NIGHTMARES EVERY BUCKING TIME! I haven't actually played Amnesia yet, but I have watched other people play it. It doesn't seem as scary as Slender though.

Edited by EdwardElricBuckYea

Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Amnesia has the whole atmopshere, sounds, surroundings, everything near-perfect while O'le Slendy is only scarey for the first time or two. After that, you should figure out that you don't have to look at him and that's it.

Amnesia's sanity system, lamp oil limitations, and how you have to ACTUALLY run from your enemys makes it a scarey games. While you have to figure out some puzzles, this lowers your awareness and makes the scare a lot worse :o . IMO anyway.

Slenderman's just a walk/power walk-n-click note game. Nothing scarey.

I've played both and I'd say it's kinda even but for different reasons in each game.

Amnesia is much better at building an atmosphere and leaves you with a constant feeling of dread but doesn't have a whole lot of impact in it's jump scares.

Amnesia is also, objectively, a much better game. It has a strong narrative (although a terrible ending), well-designed gameplay and excellent visuals for an indie game. Though it's worth noting there was a lot more time and money put into Amnesia than Slender so this is to be expected.

Slender is basically built around one specific jump scare that works really well...when it does work. When you turn a corner to see the Slender Man right there and you hear that loud note, it gets you pretty good. The problem is, that note isn't dependent on whether or not you can actually see him, just if he's close and you happen to be looking in his direction. So, sometimes it ends up being goofy because it seems like the game is trying to scare you with a wall (which Slender Man is actually behind, hence why you heard the sound).

Slender also does a good job of building an atmosphere of impending doom, it just doesn't do it as well as Amnesia.

Oh gawd.. I haven't beaten either.

I can't even say which one I think is scarier, I can't handle either of them. Usually I end up quitting Slender/Hospice before I even see him.. on Amnesia I'll quit once I hear the zombies banging on the door.

Yes I'm a total Fluttershy. :s