Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is something that you dislike, but everyone else loves?

Wubsie

The reason why people don't like Dr. Pepper is because it tastes like liquorice.

Don't even deny it. Try drinking some next time and not think it doesn't taste like liquorice.

dude, no, it doesn't taste anything like liquorice. if it did, i would despise that drink with every fibre being of my soul, which i don't, because it's delicious as hell. if anything, the taste reminds me more of almond, actually.

anyway, things i dislike that most people seem to love.

sports. i don't see the point in them and i don't see what the fuzz is about them at all. it just baffles me that people seem to love sports on such a high level.

cars. ooh look it's a shiny piece of metal with the ability to drive forward a few hundred kilometers an hour! oooh best thing ever! wait no it's not. it's extremely boring as all hell, pollutes the earth with their exhaust fumes, and are shit expensive to own. i'd rather take the bus, train, or just plain walk around instead.

that's all i can think of now.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm...

Music - Dubstep, Mainstream music, Boy bands (I'm talking to you One Direction)

MLP Fandom - Cupcakes, Fallout Equestria, EqD, Fan music

Brands - Apple, EA, Activision

Foods - Celery, fried fish (dunno why but I dislike it with a passion), cooked salmon (I'm used to eating raw salmon)

Games - Call of Duty, Battlefield 3, C&C 4, Skylanders (you made Spyro look like a troll, stupid Activision!)

Internet Content - Overused memes (arrow to the knee etc.), Youtube comments, 4chan

• Brohoof 1

Well, I don't like:

Reddit: Why waste time making an account (not to mention the horrible format, as stated by OdinForced) when I can just view rage comic on my app?

YOLO: No explanation, think everyone knows this one by now

Enimem: First of all, I thought his name was 'M&M's'. Seondly, is he even singing? I know it's rap, but bleh.

One Direction: Again, no explanation

Adventure Time: Never cared for the show; stupid

Regular Show: Same as Adventure Time

Sports: I like to play the sports, but I don't like to watch them, and I'm not good at playing sports

Edited by Pixiesong

Okay... Things I don't like that everyone else likes... Hmmm...

Coffee, alcohol, fish, miso soup, perfume, make up, Phineas & Ferb, Spongebob, Reality TV, horror movies, sports, children, sleeping, rap music, Pewdiepie, politics, the news, drama, and mint.

That's all I can think of at the moment...

• Brohoof 2

Energy drinks. Those things are NAS-TY. I'll stick to a nice Coca-Cola, thank you.

Young, male, popular singers. Specifically, One Direction and Justin Bieber. EEW. I can't stand their music, and they are just wishy-washy as people.

Parties. I see many people my age heading out every weekend and going to a party. I'd much rather just hang with a couple of friends, playing games and enjoying each other's company. In fact, I did this yesterday. We had a lot of fun, and hopefully we'll be meeting up again next weekend.

Drinking. Yeah, I mean alcohol. As a college student, I see a LOT of my peers drinking. Even the underage ones, which shouldn't surprise anyone, of course. Honestly, all that does is kill brain cells at a time where people need as much brainpower as they can get. Not to mention, most drinks taste completely disgusting. Why drink something that tastes like pisswater? Just saying, that's gross.

People who don't like to read. Now, I know this isn't really a "thing everyone else likes that I don't" but I have to add it. Most people I encounter in my life don't like reading. For me, a voracious bibliophile, this is completely incomprehensible. I love stories. Being able to lose myself in the tales of others, traveling to distant places within my own imagination thanks to the imagery in a novel, living through countless adventures of heroes, heroines, and even seeing things from the perspectives of the villains on occasion... that feeling is like nothing else in the world. Between the descriptiveness of the author and my own imagination, I can get to know the characters on a personal level and connect with them as close friends, even. One of my recent favorites, a novel called Room by Emma Donoughue, was a phenomenal story written from the perspective of a young boy. It was fantastic, and I highly recommend it to you all. My own sister picked it up after I finished it(in an hour and a half, mind you. xD) and gave it a try. She got twenty-four pages in, pronounced the book "ridiculously boring" and promptly gave up. I asked her the reason she thought it was boring, and she had no answer, save that she couldn't "get into it." This, to me, says that there wasn't enough creativity to give it a 'mind movie' as I call it. She couldn't picture the story, the boy or his mother, or the surroundings they inhabited. It just saddens me that more and more of the younger generation are turning out like this, leaving behind a good book for an action movie or a video game like Battlefield or Call of Duty(she went to go play the latter after tossing the book on the floor). Sorry for the extended rant, but I tend to go overboard on this particular topic.

That's all I've got right now, but chances are I'll think of more by tomorrow. ^_^

• Brohoof 3

Energy drinks. Those things are NAS-TY. I'll stick to a nice Coca-Cola, thank you.

Young, male, popular singers. Specifically, One Direction and Justin Bieber. EEW. I can't stand their music, and they are just wishy-washy as people.

Parties. I see many people my age heading out every weekend and going to a party. I'd much rather just hang with a couple of friends, playing games and enjoying each other's company. In fact, I did this yesterday. We had a lot of fun, and hopefully we'll be meeting up again next weekend.

Drinking. Yeah, I mean alcohol. As a college student, I see a LOT of my peers drinking. Even the underage ones, which shouldn't surprise anyone, of course. Honestly, all that does is kill brain cells at a time where people need as much brainpower as they can get. Not to mention, most drinks taste completely disgusting. Why drink something that tastes like pisswater? Just saying, that's gross.

People who don't like to read. Now, I know this isn't really a "thing everyone else likes that I don't" but I have to add it. Most people I encounter in my life don't like reading. For me, a voracious bibliophile, this is completely incomprehensible. I love stories. Being able to lose myself in the tales of others, traveling to distant places within my own imagination thanks to the imagery in a novel, living through countless adventures of heroes, heroines, and even seeing things from the perspectives of the villains on occasion... that feeling is like nothing else in the world. Between the descriptiveness of the author and my own imagination, I can get to know the characters on a personal level and connect with them as close friends, even. One of my recent favorites, a novel called Room by Emma Donoughue, was a phenomenal story written from the perspective of a young boy. It was fantastic, and I highly recommend it to you all. My own sister picked it up after I finished it(in an hour and a half, mind you. xD) and gave it a try. She got twenty-four pages in, pronounced the book "ridiculously boring" and promptly gave up. I asked her the reason she thought it was boring, and she had no answer, save that she couldn't "get into it." This, to me, says that there wasn't enough creativity to give it a 'mind movie' as I call it. She couldn't picture the story, the boy or his mother, or the surroundings they inhabited. It just saddens me that more and more of the younger generation are turning out like this, leaving behind a good book for an action movie or a video game like Battlefield or Call of Duty(she went to go play the latter after tossing the book on the floor). Sorry for the extended rant, but I tend to go overboard on this particular topic.

That's all I've got right now, but chances are I'll think of more by tomorrow. ^_^

The problem is, I don't have a reason to read a book because TV and video games display the words into visuals. I'd rather see what's happening then imagining what's happening. I mean, I like to imagine, but I only like to imagine what I like, which is a whole bunch of random stuff that stories don't have. The only books I ever liked were the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, Night, and Parrellel Journeys (The other two are Holocaust stories, so I guess I like those type of books. Still hate reading, though). I should also mention that the best "book" I ever read was a MLP fan-fic. Kinda tells you a lot, huh?

The problem is, I don't have a reason to read a book because TV and video games display the words into visuals. I'd rather see what's happening then imagining what's happening. I mean, I like to imagine, but I only like to imagine what I like, which is a whole bunch of random stuff that stories don't have. The only books I ever liked were the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, Night, and Parrellel Journeys (The other two are Holocaust stories, so I guess I like those type of books. Still hate reading, though). I should also mention that the best "book" I ever read was a MLP fan-fic. Kinda tells you a lot, huh?

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Why imagine when someone else can do it for you? I might ask, in a similar vein, why live when everyone else is already doing it? Do it because the experience makes you a better person! Even books I didn't like, such as Lord of the Flies, The Fountainhead, and The Great Gatsby, gave me more insight into the world at the time it was written as well as making it easier to understand the authors and their other works.

I don't like rap unless it's mlp rap battles or epic rap battles of history

I don't really care for Harry Potter. Okay, I know a good bunch of you are about to press the invisible dislike button right now, but I don't hate it. It's just kinda boring I guess. However, I do respect J. k Rowling as an author and I respect what she has done.

Um... I can't really think of much else.... Hm... Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Now, if this was about things I like that people don't like, then I'd have a very long list of things here. And I would still have them in a list style just like this one.

I don't even understand yolo or the craze behind it...

Anyway one thing that I can't stand, but everyone adores in memes...mostly because while they may be funny at first EVERYONE runs those meme-like jokes into the ground to the point where it's not only not funny anymore, they just come across as overdone and tired out.

And as much as I hate using this word...they just feel so...mainstream.

A lot of my friends are Harry Potter and Star Wars fanatics. I consider myself a "nerd", but I never have gotten into these particular franchises. A lot of my friends call me a "Mudblood" because of this, thinking that would offend me. :P

Obama... and Hybrids.

That's all I got to say about that. YOLO doesn't bug me that much because I suppose I don't see or hear it everywhere.

Something that really bothers me is the general blind hate that any president, no matter the race, religion, or party, gets when they get elected. If you cannot respect the man, respect the position and all the extreme hardships and challenges they face as leader of the free-world.

Yolo is bad to.

TV, which might seem hypocritical considering I'm a rabid follower of MLP. Other than that, I hate any Rap or Pop music that's been made in the past 15 years, barring a few exceptions.

Also, 'name brand' headphones/accessories. Ugg, Beats, Soul, etc etc. It's all overpriced and ugly as hell. I paid $40 for my Razer Electras and they're better than Beats, if not as 'cool'.

Damn high school kids these days...

I really, really, really don't like the song "Call Me Maybe," and never have, but sadly, it seems that a lot of people still do like that song!!! Ughhhh, I don't know, I just think it's really, really annoying!!!! Oh, also, I'm not crazy in the slightest about the Progressive Movement and how it's led to the massive expansion of the U.S. federal government over the past century as well as how it's transformed U.S. society, but sadly also, so many Americans are convinced these days that they cannot live without all of the welfare programs that have been created as a result of this movement. I guess between the two, I'd say I dislike the latter just a little bit more. :mellow: OK, maybe A LOT more!!! B)

• Brohoof 1

People that have the obvious hate for the disabled and those who ask to see it makes me quite mad i for one hate when a little timmy sitting there starring at my prosthetic like its some sort of anomaly or something cool...its not its a necessary for me to walk and do my job.

then those people who take advantage from the government to get the moneys

And lastly those who believe that i am significantly dumber then them for i have not passed my high school still working on it though but from my work i have much more experience.

also skin conditions but that's for another time

Something that really bothers me is the general blind hate that any president, no matter the race, religion, or party, gets when they get elected. If you cannot respect the man, respect the position and all the extreme hardships and challenges they face as leader of the free-world.

It's kinda hard to do that when you disagree with the man 95% of the time, and I have plenty of good reasons to dislike him. Plus race and religion have nothing to do with my dislike.

Skyrim. I loved Morrowind, and I found Oblivion to be enjoyable beyond the "enemies stack more health" leveling system that makes you break several weapons in a battle against a single opponent once you get up there, but when it comes to Skyrim, I was back to Morrowind within a week. I honestly just could not get into it. The weapon selection was seriously lacking as you had daggers, one and two handed swords, maces, and axes, and bows. The different tiers of weapons were practically reskins with slightly altered stats. The weapon selection for Longswords alone in Morrowind included:

Longswords

Broadswords

Katanas

Sabers

Claymores

Dai-katanas

That is just one weapon category. That's not counting shortswords, axes, blunt weapons (clubs, hammers, and staves), poleweapons, or marksman weapons (crossbows, bows, thrown daggers, darts, and stars).

Plus the quests and factions were just generic. Thieves guild before, "Under no circumstances are you to murder someone. We're not the Dark Brotherhood." Thieves guild in Skyrim, "Nah, go ahead and kill people that get in your way. We stopped caring about that like, fifty years ago." Plus there was a lack of any of the wonderful event quests in Oblivion, such as the Dark Brotherhood quests with the optional goals, like dropping the minotaur head on the old man, or poisoning the wandering mage, or the Thieves Guild with having to fire the special key arrow into the lock and steal the Elder Scroll from the blind monks.

Skyrim to me was just Bethesda not even trying anymore because they knew it would sell.

My generation everyone I am around at my school in the town are all the same hipsters and chavs there is about 4 people in my classes who smoke and im 15! But there is about 20 people at my school including me and we are just not up for any of it.

As I'm over 21, I echo Misso Klopp and say alcohol unless you're cooking with it. (And, yes, this includes wine.) If there's one thing that gets on my nerves, it's seeing people drink booze. And to make it worse, I sometimes see people drink, drink, and drink alcohol some more, primarily in baseball parks. The fact that I lost one of my kin to excessive drinking of hard alcohol (vodka) makes my dislike for it much more personal. Now, if you're cooking with it, I'm fine. Just burn it all out and leave the flavor behind.

And I don't know about you guys, but so many people smoke in New York City, and it's disgusting. I'm outside trying to gain some fresh air (or going out to take some photographs), and then I get a puff of cigarette smoke right in my face. Gross! It's even more disturbing seeing late teens smoke cigarettes, sometimes just to be "cool" when it objectively makes them look really daft.

Also, soccer. Not playing it. But watching it. There's little scoring. The game is just too fast. And many games, besides the tournaments, are played to be tied; and ties are extremely anticlimatic. The 0-0 ties make the game even more boring to watch.

While I haven't tasted that much alcohol (I'm only 18), I absolutely despise it. Only when it's cooked and you don't feel it andn it actually SERVES the purpose of making the food taste different or better. But after that, get any alcohol away from me!

I also don't understand why so many people smoke. My dad USED to smoke, but was able to drop a good amount of years ago, luckily for him. I also hate it when I'm in the bus line and then "LE WILD SMOKER APPEARS!" Ugh...the smoke...I just CAN'T STAND IT!

Imma disagree with the football (soccer) thing, but I understand why you don't like it. By any chance do you like basketball, which is more dynamic and has more scoring? Besides, football isn't even my favorite sport (that goes to tennis), but I do enjoy watching it, and I do go slightly fervient when the team I'm a fan of is playing. Besides, I come from a country where football is almost a religion! (Argentina). There are three things that are common in Argentina. Meat, wine and football. If you come here. and you don't like football...well...have a nice time trying to find someone normal on that regard :lol: . My older sister despises it because of this ^_^ .

I do not like Brony music at all. Sorry, but listening to random samples from the show, terrible vocals, and practically the same beat over and over again is not my style.

Um...while the majority of the brony music IS electronica, have you ever heard instrumentals that are of other genres, like jazz, rock, orchestral, classical, blues, and others? Or even vocals of them? I should know, my favorite genere isn't dubstep and stuff, and I have mostly instrumentals in my libraries, and more rock, jazz, orchestral sort of songs.

Now, as for I dislike that everyone else likes...I have the perfect one. Jeans. Yup, you heard that one right. I ABHORR jeans. I ALWAYS try to go with sports clothes and stuff. I normally don't wear any of the typical "to go outside" clothes. Thing is, when I was in college, I was THE ONLY PERSON in the entire building to wear something DIFFERENT than jeans. If you wanted to search for me there, I could easily say "Look for the guy that doesn't have jeans". I'm serious, why do people like them? The only reason I have them is because if I EVER go to a more formal meating, or to a club, which rarely happens, going with something else other than a jean would be sacrilege. I stand that torture, at most. :lol:

Edited by Arcanel

One of the things which I simply abhor but everyone (well, at least everyone I know) else likes is fad music - highly marketed acts such as LMFAO and Gungam Style find their ways into everyone's phones and ipods and is constantly played on the radio and tv. It's an ever repeating process where once something new comes up it's marketed to death and the old stuff is forgotten 90% of the time.

That aint what music's about, maan. (though that's a story for another day...)

R&B, hip hop, rap and all variants.

Although there are some songs in those genres I like. And I like all the minecraft parodies of those genres :P

And I like rap SOMETIMES when it's in with a different music genre.

And Beer/Liquor.

I like piña colodas and stuff like that though : P

Also, playing sports. And watching them.

Except I like playing Golf, Archery, Swimming and Sometimes basketball.

EDIT:

I also like Badminton.

Edited by Zalgo

Um...while the majority of the brony music IS electronica, have you ever heard instrumentals that are of other genres, like jazz, rock, orchestral, classical, blues, and others? Or even vocals of them? I should know, my favorite genere isn't dubstep and stuff, and I have mostly instrumentals in my libraries, and more rock, jazz, orchestral sort of songs.

Nononono, I meant that most of the time the instrumentals and vocals in Brony music are terrible, not in other genres. I'm sorry I should have said that more clearly in my first post ^_^