Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 3, Story Driven or Daily Events?

Bucky McGillyCuddy

Season 3, Story Driven or Day to Day Stuff?  

26 users have voted

1. 1. Would You Prefer Season 3 To Be Driven By An Underlying Story Or Stick To The Day to Day Events?

• Story Driven
    • Day to Day Events

I originally thought that the MLP:FIM series would be a continuing story for each season, as apposed to the daily events that drive each episode. Don't get me wrong i think the Daily life episodes are great, but i'm just curious what all you Bronies and Pegasisters think.

Would you like to see season 3 to be driven by an underlying, more dramatic, story, or prefer it to continue with the day to day stories?

Joe,

I love it when a show expands on an underlying storyline, but sometimes it can get kind of boring building up the suspense for an entire season where to the point I actually want to see something new.

If the new background story is enough to keep me watching, then it works.

I don’t think there needs to be a continuing story line in season three. Though I wouldn’t mind if in season three they did something like they did in season 1 where they kept referencing the Gala and kept building up to the Gala, I liked that.

• Brohoof 3

I would love if half of it were a story and the rest normal episodes. I like when there's a story and you get excited about what will happen next time.

I wouldnt mind a story driven season. We all know previous Story like episodes work so it would be great to see if they can execute it well.

I like the daily problem episodes but story driven episodes spark my interest alot.

All signs seem to be pointing to the daily events thing happening again(the season premiere will apparently be a 2-parter again), and I pretty much like it that way. ;)

Thats how I see how ots going to be we already know the season 3 prmiere is the crystal kingdom part 1 & 2.

Then it'll go back to its daily routine.

I think a lot of people would be disappointed if the story and adventure gave way to day-to-day 'drama'. Personally, I like the simple and quiet episodes the most, for example Look Before You Sleep. I like it when the show is about characters and how they resolve their differences. Action-adventure, slapstick and even single-pony episodes (such as Sweet and Elite) come second. The show is about friendship, and I like seeing how they overcome problems as a team without violence (I thought the fight scene in Canterlot Wedding was unnecessary).

Also, with all the adventures the mane six go on, you would think that statistically other ponies would be adventurers too. It would be great seeing Colgate or somepony on their own journey.

Edited by Hat988

The day-to-day scenario is great! (Equestia has no excuse to disappoint) and i would love to see some of that. But within the episode it would be interesting if the mane 6's elements where challenged, and if they would live up to their expectations. And more love scenes! *squeak* I'm not normally into romance, but...the cuteness! ;)

I've never understood why people seem to believe that deep storylines can only be obtained when they are drawn out over a series of episodes. I live by the Shakespearean cliche that brevity is the soul of wit, and that it is more of a challenge for someone to say something insightful in as short of a time as possible than to ramble along. Especially for the moral-driven nature of the cartoon, I would say that it is especially imperative that a show like MLP:FiM not have a drawn-out storyline.

If anything, I believe that underlying ideas, such as the themes of friendship, should be maintained, to develop and become more coherent over time. As I've said before, there has not yet been any conscious effort to build on themes, even though it can be quite easy to draw parallels between the themes of certain episodes-- it's just that the characters themselves don't appear to realize it.

• Brohoof 1

Just keep it the way it is, lighthearted fun and character interactions bookended by some cool dramatic storylines. I love the return of harmony and a canterlot wedding but they aren't why I watch the show

As long as the episodes are good and interesting and are just as awesome as the other episodes of the show I don't care. Normally story episodes are easier to be interesting however this is MLP so anything they make can turn out awesome.

I'm just excited for whatever s3 brings.

I kinda like the daily event episode. Just because it gives us a chase to look at are favorite charter and see what else they do in their day. It would be cool if they had an episode that was story driven somewhere in the middle of the season. But overall I like it how it is. Also I feel like people would get kinda board with the action packed episodes every week.

Oooooo, this is a tough one! On the one hand, I've grown to love the day-to-day formula that has worked so well in the first two seasons! On the other hand, it is always good to get a little variety, and with the season half as long as usual, a story-driven season might make sense. Ultimately though, despite the shortened season, I gotta stick with the day-to-day formula. Now don't get me wrong, it might turn out to be a combination of the two (i.e. day-to-day episodes, but with an over-arching story in the background, like how the Grand Galloping Gala kept getting brought up in Season 1 throughout the season), but the day-to-day formula has simply worked so well so far, that I gotta stick to it. However, whatever happens happens, and I'm sure I'll love it either way!!! :)

I would prefer a continuing story over daily events. I think this because, I think it would be a great way to kind of technically give us a movie thing, but have it 22 minute episodes. Also, because it will give them the chance to make an awesome season. (as if it wasn't already)

Story or daily life, doesn't matter to me, as long as one certain mane six character comes out of the background JUST ONCE!! Again, bolded, italicized, and underlined!

Edited by Leaf Shade

Both. I'm hoping either it will start out day-to-day and go story-driven later, or have story-related episodes happen sporadically. Dedicating the whole season to a story arc would be a mistake, because the slice-of-life element helped make MLP what it is.

Also develop Twilight as a character. Friendship has taught her many things, but she has yet to put them all together, partly because Celestia's moral-of-the-day thing encourages her to report results more than actually learn. Leave her alone and let her experience life, dammit.

And more Applejack wouldn't hurt either.

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 1