Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Opinions on my OC Pony

Gear Swift

So, this is my OC, Gear Swift. Posted ImageAs you can see, he's a Pegasus pony. He grew up in Appleloosa with a special interest in the steam engines that passed through. One day he went with his father to the train production facility. He learned all about the engines and how they worked. His cutie mark was discovered as defining him as a mechanic pony, when he worked at the facility while his father was bedridden. Another of his favorite activities was flying alongside the steam engines to see if he could keep up. He now resides in Hoofington, and his only Ponyville relation is Derpy, who is a very distant cousin of his. So, I'd like to know everyone's opinions on his story and design. I'm aware he looks like WoodenToaster, but I swear to you that it's simply coincidence. Please leave me your feedback on what could be improved. Thanks!

• Brohoof 3

well its a very nice story and defiantly a refreshing one, but the who mechanic pony feeling in and out because some trains in the show are pulled by ponies.

as of its appearance many ponies look the same and it hard to make them look apart with out drawing them your self and adding those features so i would be so bothered about OC's looking the same

Pretty good, I've seen A lot worse. It seems a bit odd for him to be a pegasus in what seems like would be an earth Pony's profession, but it seems solid enough. and I like that he's not living in ponyville or canterlot like almost every other OC I see. over all, I give him 7.5/10

Pony Echo: I'm actually working on a custom drawing of him at the moment, and the picture up there was more or less a base. Also, on the episode MMMystery on the Friendship Express (Correct the title if I'm wrong), the train was powered by coal.

Pony Echo: I'm actually working on a custom drawing of him at the moment, and the picture up there was more or less a base. Also, on the episode MMMystery on the Friendship Express (Correct the title if I'm wrong), the train was powered by coal.

FYI you can try doing @PonyEcho or quoting him just so he knows you replied,

As your OC, it looks really nice, unique from what I normally see, and it's not a alicorn, so +20 points

Now lets see some nice sketches of him!

FYI you can try doing @PonyEcho or quoting him just so he knows you replied,

As your OC, it looks really nice, unique from what I normally see, and it's not a alicorn, so +20 points

Now lets see some nice sketches of him!

I know how to quote, but I was on the mobile version when I said that. I'm not entirely sure as to how I quote on mobile. Didn't see the button anywhere.

pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty~! -w-

good design, would look really hot as a human :3

plus he doesnt look like too much.

good job~! ^w^

(the site says that this messege has a lack of characters)

Edited by hana

yep you got the title right.

yeah i know also the train in hearth warming eve was coal fuled as well i think so maybe steam power was a recent development..... maybe your OC invented it :)

yep you got the title right.

yeah i know also the train in hearth warming eve was coal fuled as well i think so maybe steam power was a recent development..... maybe your OC invented it :)

So much win right there. Well what do you think he built to get his cutie mark? ^_^ Backstories tie in with real stories for once :D

pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty~! -w-

good design, would look really hot as a human :3

plus he doesnt look like too much.

good job~! ^w^

(the site says that this messege has a lack of characters)

I'm really not even sure how to reply to this one. If you can go ahead and find someone to humanize it xD But please, no rule 63's or rule 34's.

So much win right there. Well what do you think he built to get his cutie mark? ^_^ Backstories tie in with real stories for once :D

I'm really not even sure how to reply to this one. If you can go ahead and find someone to humanize it xD But please, no rule 63's or rule 34's.

i can humanize it :3

but im not really good at it XP

but sireously, he just look so awesome >w<

usuallly i dont like most of the oc's (especially males)

It does not actually look like woodentoaster because woodentoatser is a girl and is green and yellow while your oc is male, white, grey, and red.

While that has been said, I would advise in the most polite way without showing that I'm actually pretty mad THAT you should probably pick a different colour than red. I mean have you even seen a red pony in the show or know a popular/well-known oc pony that has any variant of "red" in its colour scheme?(micthemicrophone doesn't count because he earned it by being awesome) NO, because red ponies are kind of an eye sore. that is just my opinion, also black is just as bad.

Besides all that shenanigans your oc is fine and his story is pretty "refreshing" as ponyecho has said.

Posted Image

That is an interesting, yet great intro/story to your OC. :)

I like the color scheme! The red really looks good with the white, but I think the grey makes the mane stick out less. I would probably experiment with the contrast and brightness, so the OC pony could turn out the best it can be for the color it is.

Good job on the OC, anyway! :P

While that has been said, I would advise in the most polite way without showing that I'm actually pretty mad THAT you should probably pick a different colour than red. I mean have you even seen a red pony in the show or know a popular/well-known oc pony that has any variant of "red" in its colour scheme?(micthemicrophone doesn't count because he earned it by being awesome) NO, because red ponies are kind of an eye sore. that is just my opinion, also black is just as bad.

what about big mac body or apple bloom hair? ._.

and i think that applebloom's best friend (for the past, the one with the glasses and the candys) has something red in her

and a part of rd hair

Edited by hana

what about big mac body or apple bloom hair? ._.

and i think that applebloom's best friend (for the past, the one with the glasses and the candys) has something red in her

and a part of rd hair

tch well played random stranger, well played. Although my hatred for red ponies besides micthemicrophone, big mac, applebloom, and twist still exist I guess I just hate the red and black alicorn ocs that very often from people who are new to the fandom

tch well played random stranger, well played. Although my hatred for red ponies besides micthemicrophone, big mac, applebloom, and twist still exist I guess I just hate the red and black alicorn ocs that very often from people who are new to the fandom

yay, ima good player :'3

have fun hating red and black alicorns >w<

btw, forgot those cyder machine brother thingys (flim and flam i think) ^^;

Oh good Celestia, Alicorns are the bane of the fandom. I like to think that the only allowed Alicorns would be Luna, Celestia, Cadence, and Lauren Faust if she was a pony. (Changelings if you like to count them, mostly just Chrysalis though.)

So, this is my OC, Gear Swift. I'd like to know everyone's opinions on his story and design.

Well he can't have done much growing in up in Appleloosa, with that place being less than a year old and all...

Otherwise, a very nice design& backstory, maybe add some goggles to break up the empty forehead space and/or change the eyecolour to bring some more colour into the design (blue or amber would contrast nicely withe the red and white). Also, him being related to Derpy seems kind of odd, maybe just have them be friends (met at flight camp, she picks up mail from the mail train, she took the train once after crashlanding ect.)

Well he can't have done much growing in up in Appleloosa, with that place being less than a year old and all...

Otherwise, a very nice design& backstory, maybe add some goggles to break up the empty forehead space and/or change the eyecolour to bring some more colour into the design (blue or amber would contrast nicely withe the red and white). Also, him being related to Derpy seems kind of odd, maybe just have them be friends (met at flight camp, she picks up mail from the mail train, she took the train once after crashlanding ect.)

Well, at least the Derpy relation isn't super canon like how most oc's are freaking related to Luna. And as I said, very distant relation. Also, I'm doing a lot of revision with the design. It's going to be a very detailed drawing.