Were you a hater/Anti-Brony?

I_wesley125

Were You a Hater?  

162 users have voted

1. 1. Did you used to be a hater?

• Yes, I used to be a hater.
    • No, I wasn't a hater.

when i started watching the show, i didnt even know of the hilariously big fanbase around it.

i thought it´s just a good cartoon that more open-minded people like.

i´ve never been so wrong in my life.

No, I wasn't. In fact, I actually envied them for liking a show outside their demographic, which I didn't really like that much at the time. I didn't consider myself a fan until about halfway through season 2.

Ironically, now that I'm a fan of the show, my opinion on bronies became more negative.

• Brohoof 1

I hated bronies before becoming one. I thought of them as attention whores, who pretended they watched the show to be different and get attention. So it was never that I didn't understand the appeal; it was just that I didn't think they actually watched it.

I was convinced to give it a shot when I was bored and browsing Netflix one day. I watched the first episode and didn't like it, but didn't dislike it either. From then on I believed bronies actually watched it, and didn't hate on them. ( I would poke some fun here and there. ) I also made a ton of brony friends on some website, and then 2 months later tried episode two. Episode two was a lot better ( at least imo ), so I guess I became a brony from there.

I never hated Bronies I just thought It was weird for men to watch MLP. I mean when I thought of bronies I would think of men wearing booty shorts I dont know why. After I watched the show I realized that how engaging it was and just overall good and the fact that it was so good that men could actually come out and say they watched the show made me kinda happy. :)

I was never a brony-hater. I don't usually hate anything.

Like I say in my "About me", I've always been a fan of the 80s G1 MLP. I had to check this new generation out since the previous were pretty disappointing to me. And I got what I would call a "meh" feel. It was good, the very first episode I saw was the one at the Grand Gala or whatever its name was, and I don't remember a thing.

The very first two episodes, were good. Weren't as adventurous as I wanted the series to be, but it was decent. The first villain was kind of disappointing, considereing how good was the very first MLP villain, in comparison. Luna felt like a missed villain. She could have been very dramatic, but wasn't in the least interesting.

I want to say that lots of bronies overhype this show. it might be one of the best children's cartoons nowadays, but it doesn't stand as something unique, such as some TAS superhero shows, most Disney shows or even most 80s cartoons. Yeah, that includes He-Man. It's neverthless quite overrated.

I never hated this show.

I wouldn't say I was a hater, because that would imply that I thought enough about Bronies to have feelings of resentment towards them, and I did not. Also, it is not in my nature to resent those who have nothing to do with me, and who haven't wronged me in any way. However, the idea of so many guys enjoying MLP was a foreign concept to me.

I mean, sure, I'm no stranger to girl's shows. I watched a lot of cartoons as a kid, including plenty that were for girls. From anime like Sailor Moon and Cardcaptors(years before I knew the term anime), to Powerpuff girls, Kim Possible and Totally Spies, and even shows like Sabrina the Animated series, I can't say I've seen it all, but I did watch a great deal, and of my own volition. However, I suppose I had a preconceived notion of MLP that was tainted by the old commercials for the toys, as well as drunk people joining games in MMOs and quoting the jingle for those ads. As a result, I may have teased some of my online friends who were Bronies once or twice(I never knew anyone in real life who was a Brony until becoming one myself). I never trolled strangers for liking the show though.

Still, if anyone told me last year that I would become a Brony, I would have said they were crazy. I couldn't have predicted I would have watched all four seasons of the show, invested in and read all the graphic novels, attend a con for the series, where I would acquire a handful of merchandise, and watch the entire G1 series, all between now and this past April. Life sure can head in strange directions sometimes.

I was always an open minded fellow who loved to go against the gradient.

I was a Brony before I actually knew what a "Brony" was.

Lets go back 7 months ago.

I saw some girls in my 10th grade class talking about this show that involved talking cartoon ponies.

Now the average dude would go "Hell no. I ain't watchin' that", but me?

I searched it up on Google and watched the first 12 episodes in one night.

A couple weeks after that, I got into the show I discovered what a Brony was.

So no.

I was never a Brony hater.

Why hate against someone for liking a show?

People who do just don't think.

Edited by Big Smoke

I started out with the arbitrary opinion that the show should only be watched by little girls. Finally I got too curious and decided to watch to see what all the hype was about. I couldn't deny that I enjoyed what I was watching.

"I used to wonder what friendship could be, until you all shared it's magic with me!"

Hah, but pretty much my impression of bronies wasn't a good one. I wouldn't call myself a hater per se, as I didn't go out of my way to say or do hurtful things about bronies, but when the topic came up, I was against it.

I honestly wondered how on earth people could like the show, I even watched a couple of episodes and it didn't affect me!

That was.. until I found Discord.  :umad:

I proceeded to watch the rest of the show, and it wasn't actually so bad. And thus Equestria was Made.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought bronies were the worst thing ever, and then the certain related group that is especially attracted to ponies. Then I lost faith in humanity.

Then the internet slowly worked its way into my subconscious and now I'm a member of both fandoms. Thanks, internet! :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 2

When I first heard of bronies, I just thought it was kinda weird, but thought, eh, if they like it, that's great. I remember being asked way before I became a brony, "Is it weird that my friends like My Little Pony?" I said, "It's fine. They just like a TV show, no harm with that."