Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Massive Art Swap Thread:

SweetJeans88

There we go, amateur art from an amateur artist. Namely me. img-1289655-1-tongue.png Anyway, tell me what you guys think! They were all really fun to do. Hey, what if you all did one of my OCs each. There's three of them and three of you. That would be cool!

Oh, thou art not the only amateur here (referring to me)...

So I finally finished it... In pretty much one run too~

Though I think I made a few minor fails here and there... I guess my biggest mistake was to use the water-colour-tool for outlines (They felt dynamic and simple, but ended up becoming transparent... Which unfortunately also happened with the colours!), though I did learn that it's great for sketching!

img-1289655-2-gearshift_by_zhooves-d5ym3

I hope ye like it! I learned a couple of things from this, so thanks for letting me as well!

EDIT: The idea I got for it came from the fact that she's of metal, and I wondered if she could fly like that... (She's struggling to keep afloat)

Edited by Zhooves
  • Brohoof 2

I will likely make a picture for her at some point in the near future. It will be the second coffee related OC i've drawn. Fun stuff. 

Yay!  Jitter Bean is getting the love!  I'm so excited to see more pictures of her!  I'm going to start on a couple as soon as I can get some colored pencils.  I'll do the line art tonight though.

• Brohoof 1

Has anyone not had any of their characters drawn yet? I'm bored XD

Also, have a bunch of my characters if anyone else feels up to drawing any of them:

Enigma:

img-1286921-1-pony_oc_reference__enigma_

Harley:

img-1286921-2-pony_oc_reference__harley_

Eerie:

img-1286921-3-pony_oc_reference__eerie_b

Creeps:

img-1286921-4-pony_oc_reference__creeps_

Bathory (OLD reference):

img-1286921-5-pony_oc_reference__bathory

Chambord:

img-1286921-6-party_pony__chambord__oc_r

I could probably do Eerie or Chambord soon :)

This one's for you!

I love this character, when you first came up with her I couldn't get over how gorgeous she is, been meaning to draw this for agessss. Here you are! (Also fullview looks waaay better.)

attachicon.gifAuroraFlare.jpg

:D :D Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!! This is AWEAOME!!! I'll need to do your OC again soon...

• Brohoof 2

Also, have a bunch of my characters if anyone else feels up to drawing any of them:

Enigma:

I guess  can try my hands at Enigma (as soon as I am finished practising some math for tomorrow - big test I'll probably fail~).

I have a couple of questions though... Is that a small unicorn-horn at her forehead? And would that be like a bond or something at the base of 'er tail?

(And this time I'll try not to do the same mistakes from my last drawing... I like experimenting with stuff though~)

• Brohoof 1

I guess  can try my hands at Enigma (as soon as I am finished practising some math for tomorrow - big test I'll probably fail~).

I have a couple of questions though... Is that a small unicorn-horn at her forehead? And would that be like a bond or something at the base of 'er tail?

(And this time I'll try not to do the same mistakes from my last drawing... I like experimenting with stuff though~)

Yes, that's an itty bitty horn \ o wo/ And that's a ribbon her tail. Don't worry if you miss anything out of her design, I do it all the time. I should really redesign her to be honest, as well as a few others e - e;

• Brohoof 1

Hello! blush.png

I thought maybe i could join in the fun... blush.png  Don't expect to much from me... I'm a terrible artist that never drew much when he was younger... I have very little skill at all, but i've been jelous of this thread for somewhile and was afraid to post... blush.png

You can get the little idea of what and how i can draw if you visit my Deviant art... here's the link...

If i ever draw, i take a lot of time, and usually use a reference very hard, just so that my poor drawing wouldn't seem so... poor...

Have a nice day! blush.png

• Brohoof 4

Could anyone try to draw Psych Ward or Jitter Bean.  Pics are in my siggy.  The purple in Psych's hair got changed to blue  bit ago but I'm changing it again to blue at the top that slowly changed to purple.

Here you go: 

jitter_bean_by_ulyssesgrant-d5z5k30.png

I hope I got the colours and the mane shape right. She was quite fun to draw and vector however. Well, the eyes took a while to do, but that was because I kept messing them up.

Enjoy.

• Brohoof 1

Here you go: 

img-1304107-1-jitter_bean_by_ulyssesgran

I hope I got the colours and the mane shape right. She was quite fun to draw and vector however. Well, the eyes took a while to do, but that was because I kept messing them up.

Enjoy.

Wow, that's a really good drawing! :D I assume you drew that on a computer. What program to you use? I really wanna learn to draw like that! :)

Wow, that's a really good drawing! biggrin.png I assume you drew that on a computer. What program to you use? I really wanna learn to draw like that! smile.png

I drew it by hand initially and then I scanned it onto my computer. Then I vectored it using the programme Inkscape. I assume you know what a vector is?

Here you go: 

img-1304107-1-jitter_bean_by_ulyssesgran

Enjoy.

Oh she's so cute!  I want to cuddle her!  Thanks so much!  I'll be trying my hand at your OC pretty soon.  She's just so cute!!!

(MEOW!  MEOW!  MEOW!)

• Brohoof 3

I drew it by hand initially and then I scanned it onto my computer. Then I vectored it using the programme Inkscape. I assume you know what a vector is?

I actually don't know what a vector is, pardon me for my ignorance. unsure.png Would you mind telling me? :)

~SB

I actually don't know what a vector is, pardon me for my ignorance. img-1305535-1-unsure.png Would you mind telling me? :)

~SB

A vector is a png (transparent background image) with no artifacts (stray pixels around the edge). They're really handy for things like signatures.

A vector is a png 

Actually, png is a raster format, as it is based on pixels, much like a jpg. A vector is based on mathematical expressions, meaning it can be scaled without losing quality. Bitmap formats, such as png, are resolution dependent.

Some popular raster formats:

• bmp

• gif 

• jpg 

• png

Some popular vector formats:

• eps

• pdf

• svg

• ai

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Yes, that's an itty bitty horn o wo/ And that's a ribbon her tail. Don't worry if you miss anything out of her design, I do it all the time. I should really redesign her to be honest, as well as a few others e - e;

FINALLY done~

Sorry it took a bit long... I was distracted by mock-exams/giant tests and the fact that I was home alone for once... The entire week of  Easter.

Sorry if I messed up at places (I can't really tell at this point as this OC have quite the amount of details versus what I'm used with)...

And yeah, I kinda dropped the idea of trying to make quick, decent stuff, and ended up making slow, slightly better stuff instead... Again.

As for the ribbon... My brain derp'd, and made it more of a bond or something (like I originally thought).

enigma_by_zhooves-d5zzgjq.png

I hope ye like it - I got to try out a few new things and learned a bit from it~

I'd love some feedback if possible, as I feel like I haven't been drawing for too long, and I really want to improve!

And now,,, If you could excuse me: It's 3 AM and the general society isn't for nocturnals apparently...

Edited by Zhooves
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

I hereby declare, I shall NOT allow this amazing thread to die (yet).

Now, I wasn't able to do any pieces for all of you people, but I do have some artwork to show from my absense.

img-1346465-1-for_a_friend_by_nekromanti

^ I made this OC for one of my friends

If any of you would be so amazing as to do some artwork for me of one of my (many) OCs, that would awesome.

Stardust:

img-1346465-2-stardust_by_nekromantiafox

img-1346465-3-hiding_in_wait_by_nekroman

Esme:

img-1346465-4-the_queen_has_returned_by_

img-1346465-5-shadow_queen_esme__friend_

^ The above picture by Eelune is an old design and should only be used as a color reference

^ Approximately 1 head taller than Celestia

Eris:

Currently: BEING REDESIGNED

img-1346465-6-pinkamena_loves_death_by_n^ Approximately 1/2 head taller than the avarage pony

img-1346465-7-of_death__s_creation_by_ne

img-1346465-8-by_dead_kittens3_by_shadow

^ Above image by Dead-Kittens3 is to be used as a color reference

Alora:

img-1346465-9-hopeless_life_by_nekromant

img-1346465-10-alora_plot_by_nekromantia

^ Height simmilar to that of Fleur De Lis

Obscure OCs (links)

I don't use these OCs very often, but if you would like to draw one of them, go ahead.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/278/3/1/moriko_by_nekromantiafox-d5gwx4z.jpg

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/303/c/c/miss_saphira_by_nekromantiafox-d5jif69.jpg

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2012/304/6/a/like_toxic_flame_by_nekromantiafox-d5jif9v.jpg

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/008/1/4/_unnamed__by_nekromantiafox-d5qwfsm.jpg

(http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/023/4/7/100_2689_by_dead_kittens3-d5sg8o1.jpg)

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/008/e/5/_unnamed__by_nekromantiafox-d5qwg7h.jpg

(http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/018/0/5/commission__mizukage_by_dead_kittens3-d5rvs67.jpg)

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/008/f/9/the_bloody_princess_by_nekromantiafox-d5nl1cf.jpg

(http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/006/7/8/commission__shione_by_dead_kittens3-d5qn60q.jpg)

Edited by NekromantiaFox
  • Brohoof 2

A really quick ref of her:

i think shes adorable x3 and i wanted to try my hand at colouring the rainbow strands :P 

toolaroola_zpsf3fa225a.png

for anyone interested, i have a completed OC :3  meet imaginary ink:

imaginaryink_zps5a2558c7.png

• Brohoof 6

FINALLY done~

Sorry it took a bit long... I was distracted by mock-exams/giant tests and the fact that I was home alone for once... The entire week of  Easter.

Sorry if I messed up at places (I can't really tell at this point as this OC have quite the amount of details versus what I'm used with)...

And yeah, I kinda dropped the idea of trying to make quick, decent stuff, and ended up making slow, slightly better stuff instead... Again.

As for the ribbon... My brain derp'd, and made it more of a bond or something (like I originally thought).

img-1325077-1-enigma_by_zhooves-d5zzgjq.

I hope ye like it - I got to try out a few new things and learned a bit from it~

I'd love some feedback if possible, as I feel like I haven't been drawing for too long, and I really want to improve!

And now,,, If you could excuse me: It's 3 AM and the general society isn't for nocturnals apparently...

Thank you very much o wo/ I looooove it~

(fillerfillerfiller fillerfillerfiller fillerfillerfiller fillerfillerfiller)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

img-1350727-2-imaginaryink_zps5a2558c7.p

I think I might try my hand at Imaginary Ink (i like the way his mane and tail flows :3 )

I've been working on more detail in my artwork lately, and I think this would help.

PS: To everyone, I'm currently redesigning Eris' hair, so please DO NOT draw her if you descide to draw one of my OCs.

Edited by NekromantiaFox
  • Brohoof 1

I decided to give it a go. A quick rendition, as I have only a mouse at the moment. Such a decorous mane demands to be drawn, and I would not withhold its want.

ink_zpsc1376fd2.png

• Brohoof 2

I decided to give it a go. A quick rendition, as I have only a mouse at the moment. Such a decorous mane demands to be drawn, and I would not withhold its want.  

Yay! x3 thank you neverpony! your shading and lineart's always awesome--even with just mouse it comes out amazing xD

bwahahaha i got another Neverpony pic in my stash now xD~~im collecting these art gifts like theyre cards lmao <3

• Brohoof 2

Enigma:

Harley:

img-1286921-2-pony_oc_reference__harley_

Eerie:

img-1286921-3-pony_oc_reference__eerie_b

Creeps:

img-1286921-4-pony_oc_reference__creeps_

Bathory (OLD reference):

img-1286921-5-pony_oc_reference__bathory

Chambord:

img-1286921-6-party_pony__chambord__oc_r

I couldn't decide whether to do Eerie or Chambord, but I decided in the end! I hope you like her. I tried a few new things so she was practice for me too!

post-9734-0-82693500-1365971114_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 6

i think shes adorable x3 and i wanted to try my hand at colouring the rainbow strands tongue.png

img-1350727-1-toolaroola_zpsf3fa225a.png

img-1350727-2-imaginaryink_zps5a2558c7.p

Meh, It's okay... I tried to do your style... X3

2hyds3b.jpgAgain, thanks so much for supporting Whimsey Daze! <3 I didn't think anypony would like her!

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy
  • Brohoof 3