Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Ask any Pony on a Date!

Page Turner

i heard you liked animals i was wondering if you would like to go to a animal show tomorrow at noon fluttershy. i would really like to if you dont mind i really like watching the animals. and i love nature and all sorts of things like that if you are not free at that moment i am free any time this week you could make the date the show is here all week. 

[note i have been trying to follow along plz tell me if i am missing any thing i thought i might try this out]

Yo dog, I need some info from you here man.

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/rootedwisdom-r8563

Hello, Octavia's Bow, I would like to join, but I don't know if my oc can be accepted. So, here it is.

The character sheet is a formality to placate our moderator overseers. There isn't much of a filter, as I assume you self-insert.

HOWEVER - Expect ponies to be semi-intimidated by your sturdy, tall, alicorn-ness. We may also have some discussions over the extent of your magic in this particular RP. I don't really see any problems, but if it comes up just know that I am trying to work with you to get the best possible outcomes. And to get there I need to know who your dating.

Edited by Octavia's Bow

I'm thinking about re-joining this RP, but regardless, I haz a question that maybe or maybe won't have nothing to do with my possible re-entry and also has to do with the newest episode, so I'mma be very vague for those who haven't seen it:

Since the episode, 'Crusaders of the lost Mark' has aired, will it have an impact on the RP?

Edited by DJShy3

I'm thinking about re-joining this RP, but regardless, I haz a question that maybe or maybe won't have nothing to do with my possible re-entry and also has to do with the newest episode, so I'mma be very vague for those who haven't seen it:

Since the episode, 'Crusaders of the lost Mark' has aired, will it have an impact on the RP?

I'm not Octavia's Bow, but based off of how things have been going, I think different versions of characters are free game.

For example, Princess Twilight was taken (twice over - there was competition), so I opted to go back in time and use pre-season 3 finale setting to date unicorn Twi. Not because I have a problem with alicorn Twi, but just because A ) less competition, and B ) I don't think I'd ever have the guts to ask a princess out, if the point is to be in-character as yourself :P

But anyways, point is, I'm pretty sure the CMC will default to their canon, which is yes, this episode will impact that since, well, the show is canon, but if you wanted to go for an alt. version you could...

I was about to say their old version instead of "alt version," but then I realized - dude, are you planning on dating small children? O.o I mean, like, fast-forward a few years or so and I could see it, but them before this episode would kinda imply they're still, like, 8 or something.

Edited by Comet Tail

I was about to say their old version instead of "alt version," but then I realized - dude, are you planning on dating small children? O.o I mean, like, fast-forward a few years or so and I could see it, but them before this episode would kinda imply they're still, like, 8 or something.

Who said I would date them as myself?

Granted, this is a RP thread for dating ponies as yourself, but I tried that and it didn't work out for me. I canceled the RP, because I didn't know enough about myself to know what to do.

However, this is still a RP and, in my eyes, give me enough reason to use a OC that isn't my ponysona.

Besides, Fluttershy is probably already taken.

Fluttershy is not taken.

I keep up to date on the show, and my DMing reflects that.

I would PREFER people use themselves as a template, because then they have a pretty good idea of how they would actually act, rather than an unrealistic view on how someone else would act. (See: False bravado, OP spells, or the I-Always-Get-it-Right complex. JK, they don't exist.) But I haven't said or done anything in the past to hurt the use of these things or reflect my annoyance at them. In fact, I've done nothing in terms of punishment of any sort, even when I am 95% sure a pony is not being genuine. So, logistically speaking, I don't care who you are.

I am willing to do just about anything with anyone that is legal. I've created alternate universes for two people to date the same pony with no conflict. I've had ponies in conflict. I've reverted back in time. I would be willing to do a same sex relationship. I would also be willing to let you date any version of the CMC that you'd like, provided that it's a good 10 years in the future. It's really up to you at this point. Balls in your court: fill out an aplication mate.

• Brohoof 1

I am willing to do just about anything with anyone that is legal. I've created alternate universes for two people to date the same pony with no conflict. I've had ponies in conflict. I've reverted back in time. I would be willing to do a same sex relationship. I would also be willing to let you date any version of the CMC that you'd like, provided that it's a good 10 years in the future. It's really up to you at this point. Balls in your court: fill out an aplication mate.

And here's what I was getting at in my earlier statement.

I am willing to create an OC that is roughly the same age as the CMC, so "I" could date them at their current "canon" age.

I am willing to create an OC that is roughly the same age as the CMC, so "I" could date them at their current "canon" age.

What do you estimate their cannon age to be?

ummm... *cough* doctor whooves.... *cough cough*

Is this an application, or a humorous quip?

What do you estimate their cannon age to be?

No idea, so if I was to create an OC for this thread, I would just put down the age as something like 'same as CMC but {insert number more or less here}'

Still pretty iffy territory. If you want to date someone that's childish, there's always Pinkie Pie. Rainbow can be pretty immature sometimes, too XP

Also, in 10 years, Sweetie Belle isn't Pinkie Pie, but she's still got a pretty innocent mind. I get the impression she'll be a mare that's still pretty young at heart.

I have a test this week and next, am behind in my readings, and am getting a little bit rolled over by life. It's gunna be a bit before replies are in. Also, I have to talk to some people about what's goin' down, so that will take some time. I'm... pretty exhausted right now. That's not good because too many people around me are sick. But, here we go.

I have a test this week and next, am behind in my readings, and am getting a little bit rolled over by life. It's gunna be a bit before replies are in. Also, I have to talk to some people about what's goin' down, so that will take some time. I'm... pretty exhausted right now. That's not good because too many people around me are sick. But, here we go.

Here, you can borrow Smarty Pants. She'll help you study :3

122522__safe_twilight+sparkle_cute_filly

• Brohoof 1

Alright, I've made a decision.

Based on my continued frustration with the registration process, and my current inability to do anything about it, we will be moving to a page that I make, so that the first post people see is a first post from me. I.E. The rules will reflect mine and Comet's limitations and expectations. SO: I anticipate this will hold me back maybe a week.Maybe a week in a half. If you want to continue in the new page, then we will continue right where you left off. I will need your infos again though.

For those of you just joining, listen up: You WILL be reposting your information, no holds barred. The reason for this being that most of it is incomplete. Following the process is important because it makes things absolutely clear to everyone and, most importantly me.

A FURTHER CHANGE THAT WILL BE (RE)IMPLEMENTED IS AN ABILITY TO FAIL AND COMPETITION. 

From now on, I will not tell you who's taken. You will be trying to get the attention and affection of 1 (one, uno, singular) mare from the git-go. If you stick with them, fine. If not, also fine. But I want people to try to take this as something they want to do. And we just don't get that when you're going for you 5th string waifu with a perspective that isn't you.

I will strongly encourage you using your ponysona and doing what you think you would do. However, that may not be possible for everyone, so just know that, if I suspect you are being less-than-genuine, then it will affect your date. This also used to be a mechanic, but since I really hate breaking people's relationships and expectations, it was left in the dust. I view this as a mistake.

Further rules and changes will be on the OOC that will come first and be linked here later. I understand if you don't follow us to the new page. I'm sorry this has been sprung on all of you suddenly. But I feel that this will make the whole process much, much better. Ladies and gentlecolts, I'll be seeing you soon. (Hopefully)

• Brohoof 2

Alright, I've made a decision.

Based on my continued frustration with the registration process, and my current inability to do anything about it, we will be moving to a page that I make, so that the first post people see is a first post from me. I.E. The rules will reflect mine and Comet's limitations and expectations. SO: I anticipate this will hold me back maybe a week.Maybe a week in a half. If you want to continue in the new page, then we will continue right where you left off. I will need your infos again though.

For those of you just joining, listen up: You WILL be reposting your information, no holds barred. The reason for this being that most of it is incomplete. Following the process is important because it makes things absolutely clear to everyone and, most importantly me.

A FURTHER CHANGE THAT WILL BE (RE)IMPLEMENTED IS AN ABILITY TO FAIL AND COMPETITION. 

From now on, I will not tell you who's taken. You will be trying to get the attention and affection of 1 (one, uno, singular) mare from the git-go. If you stick with them, fine. If not, also fine. But I want people to try to take this as something they want to do. And we just don't get that when you're going for you 5th string waifu with a perspective that isn't you.

I will strongly encourage you using your ponysona and doing what you think you would do. However, that may not be possible for everyone, so just know that, if I suspect you are being less-than-genuine, then it will affect your date. This also used to be a mechanic, but since I really hate breaking people's relationships and expectations, it was left in the dust. I view this as a mistake.

Further rules and changes will be on the OOC that will come first and be linked here later. I understand if you don't follow us to the new page. I'm sorry this has been sprung on all of you suddenly. But I feel that this will make the whole process much, much better. Ladies and gentlecolts, I'll be seeing you soon. (Hopefully)

Alright, so, if we're restarting, send me a pm with the link to the new stuff, ok? Ive been with this thread from the start, and i aint leaving it now. XD

https://mlpforums.com/topic/140783-ask-anypony-on-a-date/Alright, here's the link to the new OOC. Please give it a quick read and post your informations.

Oh, also, if you'd like a record of your replies, you should probably start on getting them out before the mods lock down and torch the page. Just in case, ya know? (IE, That's what I'm doing xD)

https://mlpforums.com/topic/140783-ask-anypony-on-a-date/Alright, here's the link to the new OOC. Please give it a quick read and post your informations.

Oh, also, if you'd like a record of your replies, you should probably start on getting them out before the mods lock down and torch the page. Just in case, ya know? (IE, That's what I'm doing xD)

Mmm, copying, storing, moving huge amounts of plain data. Computers are great for this kind of thing :P

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...