Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open To Stem The Tide (MLP Forums Community RP)

Aureity

Faceless looked at his watch and widened his eyes! That's the time?! I knew I should of kept up to check! If this happened in a flyathon...

Faceless realised he was being followed. He did a simple spin, catching a quick glance at the speeding pony. Aha, you want a race? Faceless took a breath and took off towards Ponyville at a much quicker speed.

When the train's whistles bellowed out, this jolted Electrobolt awake. Looking around nervously, he wondered what was going on until the PA system said this was the last call for the train to Ponyville, before it eventually began to depart. Letting out a sigh, he thought, *Gah... Why must I be so jumpy about things like this when I nap...?* thought the lime-green pony, before looking back at the pony whom he saw earlier. The alicorn was looking out the window, so he doubted that he would notice him, or his actions from earlier. Shaking his head, he then turned around and looked out of his window, viewing the scenery passing by.

Whirl Wake stopped with the group in front of the hotel. "I'm fine with being all in one big room, it seems like that would help us get to know each other better." He said, trying to make that sentence sound as normal as possible. "What do you guys think?" He asked, pointed to Star Rain and the other mare who's name he didn't know.

"As long as I don't have to share a bed, I'm totally ok with it," Star Rain replied. "It would also be easier for planning and stuff." Coming all the way to Canterlot, becoming a rescue worker in a rescue team, and now she's staying in a big hotel room! Aside from throwing herself into danger to save civilians, she was so happy she was skipping!

He looks back over at the lime green pony and thinks for a moment. Hmmm... I wonder if he is part of my group... He sighs softly and looks towards the front of the car.  He gets up slowly and stretches his wings for a moment before sitting back down.  He looks down at the floor for a moment before turning his attention back to the lime green pony.

Faceless realized he was being followed. He did a simple spin, catching a quick glance at the speeding pony. Aha, you want a race? Faceless took a breath and took off towards Ponyville at a much quicker speed.

"Come at me bro!", Lightning shot back coolly, racing toward him. It was easy to start gaining on him, as she had stayed in flight school for an extra year. Some would say it would be a stupid move to make, but it certainly worked for her in a situation like this.

Electrobolt continued looking out of the window of the train, observing the swiftly-passing scenery that was zooming by outside. Eventually, he closed his eyes as he thought about Ponyville. He recalled, over the past couple of weeks, incidents having occurred, causing grief to many ponies there, including himself, as he wasn't really able to do anything to help. He couldn't stand being useless as several ponies suffered, so when he heard of the group that was planning to do all they could to keep other ponies from suffering, he knew what his first move would be.

As he opened his eyes, done reminiscing about the things that had occurred, he looked around the train car. It was then that he saw the alicorn looking over to him. Curiosity was running through his mind as he looked back. *Hmm... I do believe it was him I saw earlier... Maybe he's positioned at Ponyville...?* Electrobolt thought. He was then aware of the silence that was surrounding the room, save for the chugging of the wheels. Deciding to break the silence, he then decided to speak up. "Um, hello... I think I saw you earlier, at the meeting...?"

Whirl Wake picked up a brochure from a nearby dispenser and looked at the room options. "It says here that there are five beds for each deluxe sized room, so I think we're all good!" He said. "You two okay with one big room?" Whirl Wake asked, gesturing towards the two other ponies.

"Come at me bro!", Lightning shot back coolly, racing toward him. It was easy to start gaining on him, as she had stayed in flight school for an extra year. Some would say it would be a stupid move to make, but it certainly worked for her in a situation like this.

Faceless was quite surprised at the speed. Damn, he's faster than I thought! Faceless thought about his route to Ponyville. I might be able to wait his stamina out, but who knows? That guy flies almost as fast as a Wonderbolt... but how long will that last...

With a shrug, Faceless picked up his speed, just allowing the other pegasus to slowly catch up with him.

Edited by Faceless

He looks away quickly after seeing the lime green pony look back at him.  He blushes slightly and looks down at the ground, clenching his wings tightly against his side.  He then hears the other pony speak making him twitch slightly.  Not being used to interacting with others he looks back at the other pony and nods slightly.  "Y...yes...I.... I was there...."  He looks down for a moment unsure how to act or what to say.  What should I say..... what do I say....?He shakes his head trying to clear out the multitude of thoughts running through his head.  He turns his attention back to the other pony.  "I.... I am stationed in Ponyville....I... I am a first responder...."

Edited by Shining Star

Steel smiled grimly at the two who had presented themselves. Both were pegasi, good for rescue missions and all manner of manual work, especially recon and scouting. Though he was sure there had been another pony in their party, that pony had not yet presented his or her self. "My name is Steel Sheild. I seek to help peace return to Equestria. A little cliche of a statement I know, but it is true none the less." He looked around the departing crowd, still seeking his wayward companion. "What means of transportation were you two considering? I know you can both fly, but I find myself limited in that regard."

Solar Flicker shrugged. "New place, ponies to see, I go where the wind blows me and I'm getting the feeling that I'll be needed there. Don't know why, but I trust my gut." She blew a stray shock of hair out of her eyes. "So what's your story?" She asked the two others.

Colt chuckled a bit "well, Las Pegasus is my home town, its where i grew up and its where i got my start in archery, so when i heard that my home town needed my help i jumped at the opertunity,  and plus who wouldnt want to be known as "equestrian hero" you know?"

He looks away quickly after seeing the lime green pony look back at him.  He blushes slightly and looks down at the ground, clenching his wings tightly against his side.  He then hears the other pony speak making him twitch slightly.  Not being used to interacting with others he looks back at the other pony and nods slightly.  "Y...yes...I.... I was there...."  He looks down for a moment unsure how to act or what to say.  What should I say..... what do I say....?He shakes his head trying to clear out the multitude of thoughts running through his head.  He turns his attention back to the other pony.  "I.... I am stationed in Ponyville....I... I am a first responder...."

Electrobolt noticed the pony looking away quickly, before looking at the ground, seemingly embarrassed. A look of concern was on his face, as he felt like he had done something to embarrass this pony. Just then the alicorn had spoken up, saying he was there at the meeting. *So he was... Then he most likely is positioned in Ponyville...* thought Electro as he noticed the pony looking down again. After a while, he responded again, confirming his thoughts, as he said he is a first responder. Nodding, Electrobolt took this time to respond, "A first responder, huh? I'm a rescue worker, so... Yeah... I'm stationed in Ponyville, too." As he began to look away, he suddenly realized something. "Oh yeah, I forgot to introduce myself! I'm Electrobolt, nice to meet you."

"Hero, huh? I've never really thought much about the hero role myself. I do this for fun. Risking your life and limbs is my idea of a good time." She laughed a little. "Kind of freaks some people out, but that's my lifestyle. I live for the adrenaline rush." She turned to Steel. "That's a good question. I didn't know who would be on the team so I thought I'd fly."

Edited by Amber Sands

Shining blushes a bit more not being used to interaction with other ponies.  He hears the other pony introduce himself, causing his heart race.  I have never thought that another pony would talk to me... I am used to others keeping their distance from me... I am an alicorn... He becomes lost in thought for a moment before turning his attention back to the other pony.  He looks towards him, unable to keep eye contact. "My.... my name is Shining Star...."  His voice is shaky and he stutters a bit on his name before quickly turning his attention back to the floor.  He holds his wings tighter to his side unable to keep them from shaking.

Edited by Shining Star

Steel rubbed his chin with one forehoof, considering the possibilities. Trains were always a decent option, but if a disaster struck while they were onboard... the results would not be pretty. Walking would slow them down considerably. Flying, while by far the fastest manual option, would likely be too great of a burden, the two pegasi would have to bare his weight if they chose to do so. Eventually, though reluctantly, he settled on a course of action. "I propose that we use magic. Mine specifically. While I normally do not have enough power to transport myself over a few meters, Canterlot is the perfect place for these kind of things." He drew in the dirt with one hoof, drawing a number of intersecting lines, and drawing a circle around where the most lines met at one place. "Canterlot is centered nearly on top of one of the most powerful magic power line intersections that criss-cross the world. With a little preparation I could get us there in seconds, with only about an hour being devoted to the setup."

Whirl Wake picked up a brochure from a nearby dispenser and looked at the room options. "It says here that there are five beds for each deluxe sized room, so I think we're all good!" He said. "You two okay with one big room?" Whirl Wake asked, gesturing towards the two other ponies.

"Yup, sounds fine to me! As long as I don't have to share a bed with any pony" replied Star Rain. She was hopping up and down in excitement so much that other ponies in the lobby had started staring at her, wondering what she's all excited about. She didn't even notice them because she just so excited!

(This will die when I get killed by Voldermort)

Faceless was quite surprised at the speed. Damn, he's faster than I thought! Faceless thought about his route to Ponyville. I might be able to wait her stamina out, but who knows? That girl flies almost as fast as a Wonderbolt... but how long will that last...

With a shrug, Faceless picked up his speed, just allowing the other pegasus to slowly catch up with him.

(Some never learn xD)

Lightning Dancer knew very well that ponies will try to deplete her stamina, but in reality, she never trys, she only uses a bit of energy, so she overtook him with ease. "See ya at Ponyville, slowpoke.", She said smirking, before flying off.

Steel rubbed his chin with one forehoof, considering the possibilities. Trains were always a decent option, but if a disaster struck while they were onboard... the results would not be pretty. Walking would slow them down considerably. Flying, while by far the fastest manual option, would likely be too great of a burden, the two pegasi would have to bare his weight if they chose to do so. Eventually, though reluctantly, he settled on a course of action. "I propose that we use magic. Mine specifically. While I normally do not have enough power to transport myself over a few meters, Canterlot is the perfect place for these kind of things." He drew in the dirt with one hoof, drawing a number of intersecting lines, and drawing a circle around where the most lines met at one place. "Canterlot is centered nearly on top of one of the most powerful magic power line intersections that criss-cross the world. With a little preparation I could get us there in seconds, with only about an hour being devoted to the setup."

Colt just sat there listening to him "you unicorns are complicated, but what ever works works im good with waiting" he looked around for a place to sit "wait i thought you just used magic with your horn, whats all this with magic power lines and what not"

Faceless chuckled at the statement as the pegasus flew past. Just like the olden days, Faceless thought. Flyer knew it was a mistake on his part, however, he sped towards the pegasus, keeping at his tail at a steady speed. What I wouldn't give to cross-fly again...

Wind Racer saw a group of ponies inside the hotel. She trotted in, her eyes set ahead. She had been late for rolecall, which she had alerted Shining Armor to. "Hello, Star Rain, Arcane, Whirl Wake. We should head up, grab our room, and then head to the relief center immediately. Many ponies need our help." Wind said, her voice thin. "I am a medic, as are you Whirl Wake. We'll be working together quite closely." Wind Racer gave a stiff nod. 

Faceless chuckled at the statement as the pegasus flew past. Just like the olden days, Faceless thought. Flyer knew it was a mistake on his part, however, he sped towards the pegasus, keeping at his tail at a steady speed. What I wouldn't give to cross-fly again...

Lightning Dancer decided to slow down a bit to tease him, see what he would do next. She let him pass her and kept her urge to chase him back under control; because for him, he had another thing coming.

Bluenote was busily pretending to search for past case files, as she had accedently walked into a room full of ponies. Whats worse is that Mayor Mare was in between them, so she had to wait before going in for the kill.

After a few moments of standing and awaiting a response from Shining Armor Ice quickly grew impatient. She lowered her hoof and looked around trying to figure out where everypony else was heading and she heard from a distance at the train station, the conductor yelling the final call for all the trains heading out to the assigned destinations. "Pony Feathers. There's no way that I'll make it there in time..." She went over and spoke to one of the other guards getting the information that she needed from them and the clearance papers for the hotel that they needed to stay at. Granted, she had lived in Ponyville for the longest time, but her house had been one of the ones that had been demolished in the latest occurrence. After having everything that she needed she left for the train station.

Once she arrived, she made her way to the ticket booth, and much to her disliking it was the same pony that had ridiculously over-charged her for her ticket to Ponyville. "Why hello there Miss Storm, I see that you're back in Canterlot despite leaving in such a big hurry. I did appreciate the quite generous tip thou..."

"Can it Whip Seed, I need the next train to Ponyville, NOW! and so help me if you even thing of trying to overcharge for this ticket," she told him displaying the ERT papers, and pushing her snout directly in his face. "You have the Captain of the Royal Gaurd on your flank, and then finding a way to spend your self-awarded tip will be the least of your problems!" She responded to him with force causing him to back away from the window. "Ticket, now!" she yelled as he held up the ticket for her to which she snatched if with her magic. "Have a nice day," she finished in quite possibly the rudest fashion that she'd ever been.

"Miss Storm, did you really have to be so rough with the ticket master?" the conductor that took her ticket asked.

"Considering that the last time I bought a ticket from that particular horse, he charged me three hundred bits over the list price of a ticket to Ponyville, yes," she scolded as she boarded the train. Normally she hated disrespect, but she hated Canterlot even more than that. Everypony here sought nothing more than to take advantage of each other and she had grown quite fed up with this place. Even in the current time of need, they can't stop trying to make an extra bit at the expense of somepony else. She rested back against the seat thankful to be alone at the moment as the train departed. Only an hour until I meet up with the other ponies now. Hopefully they don't ignore me like Shining did. Seriously! she thought to herself as the train left the station.

Whirl Wake turned to the sudden pony. "Uh.. er.. hi, I guess there's no need to introduce myself..." He said. "Anyways, I think we decided on staying in a deluxe room.  I've got the keys. You guys ready to go up?" He asked to the rest of his team, who had talked little since he'd met them. All accept Star Rain, that is.

Faceless was wary of his sudden gain, but he put all suspicious thoughts out of his head when he saw Ponyville on the horizon. Flyer knew it was a mistake, but nevertheless, he picked up even more speed, eager to get to Ponyville first. It was then he realised he was tiring fast...