request shop Crystal Rose's Request Thread

CrystalRose

There is a bit of a story behind this one.

I drew the sketch and inked it with pen, then I went to bed to finish it today.

Came downstairs and the drawing was hanging on the radiator. My dad had spilled a drink on it in the night and dried it out, but by this point the paper was completely bucked and there was no way I could colour it without it looking absolutely terrible. Seeing as I opened this thread for practice, I thought I could scan it in, then digitally colour it. I enjoyed how the body looks, I think I'm better at that. The mane and tail look a bit crap, and if you really hate the whole thing I will do it again for you. Like I said, the purpose of this thread is so I can practice, which I did, but I also obviously want people to like the results.

Wow... This is absolutely amazing. I honestly don't care so much on how the mane and tail look, but this is amazing! Really have to thank you again for this, Crystal! 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... This is absolutely amazing. I honestly don't care so much on how the mane and tail look, but this is amazing! Really have to thank you again for this, Crystal! 

You have no idea how relieved I am that you like this! It's only my second time using a tablet so it's a little shaky in places, so thank you very much! And you're welcome. <3

You have no idea how relieved I am that you like this! It's only my second time using a tablet so it's a little shaky in places, so thank you very much! And you're welcome. <3

seeing how your still very new to using a tablet, I got some great advice for you that will help you out SO MUCH :)

for starters, DO NOT draw at max Opacity (brush strength) for your sketch lines go with 20-27 strenght

then make a whole new layer for your Line work and build up your Opacity to 100% for full strength

then for your actual coloring make a new layer

when shading try out using opacity from 20%-59% any more than that might be over kill, unless you do a single stroke

so your gonna look like this IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO LAYERS

INK LAYER

Tail color (meant for mane and tail)

Body color (meant for Body coloring)

sketchy lines

by adding in a layer order system, this means that your won't color out of the lines pretty much, lol

using a tablet is really hard to get use to off the bat, it can be frustrating

you probably won't even out in skill that your as good with on paper for about 3-weeks to a month, lol

I think you'll even out though, your art is looking good for a 2nd time use! :)

keep at it

seeing how your still very new to using a tablet, I got some great advice for you that will help you out SO MUCH :)

for starters, DO NOT draw at max Opacity (brush strength) for your sketch lines go with 20-27 strenght

then make a whole new layer for your Line work and build up your Opacity to 100% for full strength

then for your actual coloring make a new layer

when shading try out using opacity from 20%-59% any more than that might be over kill, unless you do a single stroke

so your gonna look like this IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO LAYERS

INK LAYER

Tail color (meant for mane and tail)

Body color (meant for Body coloring)

sketchy lines

by adding in a layer order system, this means that your won't color out of the lines pretty much, lol

using a tablet is really hard to get use to off the bat, it can be frustrating

you probably won't even out in skill that your as good with on paper for about 3-weeks to a month, lol

I think you'll even out though, your art is looking good for a 2nd time use! :)

keep at it

Thanks for the tips! I'll keep that in mind next time I have a go. I love my traditional art too much to give it up but I'm sure in the future I'll try more digital stuff. :)

Argh, I hate using Pony Creator for pony OC's.

Okay, well here is my OC Sketchi: http://i.imgur.com/uZJwbJR.png

Messed up on the coat, it's a bit lighter than that.

Hair Style: Cross between that and Cloudchaser's.

Glasses: Pony Creator doesn't allow small ones but these are the kinds of glasses I'm looking for: http://www.tfportal.de/gfx/content/tf2/classes/class_medicred.png

Her Cutie Mark is a Pencil with Blue wings sprouting from the side. (Like Soarin's winged Bolt Cutie Mark)

(Fully coloured)

Is there any way I could pay you? I don't have PayPal, unfortunately.

Edit: I'm so stupid. Her eyed are crossed like Derpy and she has a much lighter cream coat and black-brown hair. Sorry about that. :/

Here you go!!

I hope you like it. And don't worry about paying me, I do this because it's great practice! I might open commissions at some point, but I'm happy doing this. :)

Also I tried a litle watercolour, which looks great in real life, but unfortunately the paper is wrinkly which means that when it scanned in it has stupid lines on it.

Sketchi_zps0e40e570.jpg

Thanks for the tips! I'll keep that in mind next time I have a go. I love my traditional art too much to give it up but I'm sure in the future I'll try more digital stuff. :)

Here you go!!

I hope you like it. And don't worry about paying me, I do this because it's great practice! I might open commissions at some point, but I'm happy doing this. :)

Also I tried a litle watercolour, which looks great in real life, but unfortunately the paper is wrinkly which means that when it scanned in it has stupid lines on it.

Sketchi_zps0e40e570.jpg

OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH! That.is.EPIC. Thank you so much! Hugs for you. "gives a box of 100 hugs" Serious question though; how do you draw so well? I'm terrible at drawing ponies. :(

OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH! That.is.EPIC. Thank you so much! Hugs for you. "gives a box of 100 hugs" Serious question though; how do you draw so well? I'm terrible at drawing ponies. :(

Awwwwww you're welcome. :) and practice, practice, practice! Look up references, find out how anatomy works. Practice different poses and styles. It's all good fun :)

There is a bit of a story behind this one.

I drew the sketch and inked it with pen, then I went to bed to finish it today.

Came downstairs and the drawing was hanging on the radiator. My dad had spilled a drink on it in the night and dried it out, but by this point the paper was completely bucked and there was no way I could colour it without it looking absolutely terrible. Seeing as I opened this thread for practice, I thought I could scan it in, then digitally colour it. I enjoyed how the body looks, I think I'm better at that. The mane and tail look a bit crap, and if you really hate the whole thing I will do it again for you. Like I said, the purpose of this thread is so I can practice, which I did, but I also obviously want people to like the results.

img-1161703-1-Marsh_zps769a3279.jpg

Hello!

I know you've been looking forward to this one. I drew your avatar and scaled it to 150px so it should be just fine!

I drew her flying adorably, which is a combination of both and I hope it's ok!

GalexAvatar_zps803e348a.jpg

I love it soooooooooo much! :D

You did so cute and adorable, thanks so much, it looks absolutely amazing in every way possible. :wub:

I love it soooooooooo much! :D

You did so cute and adorable, thanks so much, it looks absolutely amazing in every way possible. :wub:

I also made your picture into two sigs, I must admit I like the second one better but I hope you find one of them suitable! I don't do this sort of thing very often so I hope you like them.

img-1165164-1-GalexSig1_zps74fd4b2e.jpg

img-1165164-2-GalexSig2_zps065b11b7.jpg

I also made your picture into two sigs, I must admit I like the second one better but I hope you find one of them suitable! I don't do this sort of thing very often so I hope you like them.

img-1165164-1-GalexSig1_zps74fd4b2e.jpg

img-1165164-2-GalexSig2_zps065b11b7.jpg

Thanks you so much again, I love them so much. :wub: Right now I'm on my phone, so the second I get home I'll save them both and decide which one to choose as my singature. :)

Hey Crystal, I don't mean to pressure you or be rude, but I was wondering if you were still going to do my request. I know you had to go see family a while back so I understand that your probably a bit backed up on requests. If you please let me know...i-if that's alright with you.

I will! Of course I will, don't worry. ;)

I am backed up. More backed up than a public loo at Donnington Festival.

I'm going to make a list. So hold your horses everypony, let me get my organising hat on.

@@Sugarcube,

@@DerpyRulesEquestria,

@@Magicon,

@,

@@Ignise,

@@HallowsEve,

@@RoseBud,

@,

@@boboy76,

@@AgileFawkes,

Oh Gawd, I think out of all four lists I've ever made this is the longest one. x.x Well at least I can't complain I don't have anything to do!!

As usual this is the order I have been given the requests and the order I will do them in.

Also, @, do you still want a picture? :)

http://cocochipoorocks.deviantart.com/art/MLP-FiM-Pegasi-Adoptables-353551058   I just adopted the pony from her and her name is Sweet Thing. She's number 3 on the list and her cutie mark is a half-eaten lollipop  it doesn't have to be ASAP because I know your pretty busy, so whenever you have time you can just get around to drawing it... etc. If you don't mind, please and thank you :3

Edited by TheBigAnimation

http://cocochipoorocks.deviantart.com/art/MLP-FiM-Pegasi-Adoptables-353551058   I just adopted the pony from her and her name is Sweet Thing. She's number 3 on the list and her cutie mark is a half-eaten lollipop  it doesn't have to be ASAP because I know your pretty busy, so whenever you have time you can just get around to drawing it... etc. If you don't mind, please and thank you :3

Alright! Her design looks lovely. :) It will take a while, I have a mahoosive list.

Also did you see your last request? That nice family portrait. :)

Is it okay if I make another request? I'm not in any rush :D

I would love to see Sugarcube and Ironstride (another oc based off my boyfriend) together! I don't have a cutie mark for Ironstride yet so you are more than welcome to be the one to create it! Ironstride is a unicorn that his special talent is ironworking, be it creative or practical, pretty much a blacksmith he is very calm and serene and travels around with Sugarcube gaining new knowledge on how to improve his work and learn more about magic

I attached a reference picture of Ironstride, if you need another reference picture of Sugarcube again let me know :)

Here you are!

img-1165817-1-SugarcubeIronStride_zpsfd7f0758.jpg

This was wonderfully easy, it totally fowed just right and l enjoyed experimented with the lines a little bit. I did some lighter pen shading and I think it worked nice as a base for the colour.

Alright! Her design looks lovely. :) It will take a while, I have a mahoosive list.

Here you are!

img-1165817-1-SugarcubeIronStride_zpsfd7

This was wonderfully easy, it totally fowed just right and l enjoyed experimented with the lines a little bit. I did some lighter pen shading and I think it worked nice as a base for the colour.

Yuppers, the the picture you drew was amazing! Also, lemme give you Sweet Thing's bio real quick: 

Sweet Thing was born in fillydelphia but for a while she did live in manehatten with her father as he worked in a landscaping job,  
that's where she developed her (true) talent- landscaping/gardening/buildeing things but later when her father retired and they moved back to fillydelphia they opened a sweet shoppe and she developed quite the sweet tooth, 
later later, Sweet Thing stopped gardening for awhile and started making sweets with her mother- a unicorn who used her magic to help her make sweets/cakes/baked goods 
Eventually when Sweet Thing developed her cutie mark it wasnt what her parents expected because when she was older and had already voulneteered at a shleter to help out with plants and stuff, she thought she would get a nature-related cutie mark but 
it turned out to be a candy-related cutie mark, a half-eaten lolipop she didnt understand the real meaning of her cutie mark but she accepted it as time went on. Sweet Thing continued to be more like her cutie mark- sweet. She then took a different turn, sweet, 
manipulative, and people then figured out her ways and thought she was like the 'boy who cried wolf' (dunno how to say that in pony-form the pony who cried timberwolf?)
and then later on she became a bit more mature as she aged... it just took a bit of time.

I literary did this within a few minutes of just lookin at her ^^; the picture pretty much said the story to me!

Here you are!

img-1165817-1-SugarcubeIronStride_zpsfd7

I almost died from all the squees that I just had!! This is so perfect, i love it and it is now the background on my laptop when i get home :D

Yuppers, the the picture you drew was amazing! Also, lemme give you Sweet Thing's bio real quick: 

Sweet Thing was born in fillydelphia but for a while she did live in manehatten with her father as he worked in a landscaping job,  
that's where she developed her (true) talent- landscaping/gardening/buildeing things but later when her father retired and they moved back to fillydelphia they opened a sweet shoppe and she developed quite the sweet tooth, 
later later, Sweet Thing stopped gardening for awhile and started making sweets with her mother- a unicorn who used her magic to help her make sweets/cakes/baked goods 
Eventually when Sweet Thing developed her cutie mark it wasnt what her parents expected because when she was older and had already voulneteered at a shleter to help out with plants and stuff, she thought she would get a nature-related cutie mark but 
it turned out to be a candy-related cutie mark, a half-eaten lolipop she didnt understand the real meaning of her cutie mark but she accepted it as time went on. Sweet Thing continued to be more like her cutie mark- sweet. She then took a different turn, sweet, 
manipulative, and people then figured out her ways and thought she was like the 'boy who cried wolf' (dunno how to say that in pony-form the pony who cried timberwolf?)
and then later on she became a bit more mature as she aged... it just took a bit of time.

I literary did this within a few minutes of just lookin at her ^^; the picture pretty much said the story to me!

Thanks! This should really help when I'm drawing her. :)

I almost died from all the squees that I just had!! This is so perfect, i love it and it is now the background on my laptop when i get home :D

Awwwww sweetie I'm so glad you like it. <3 Like I've said before, I love your character, she has a wonderful design and is great to draw.

Sounds cool! Can you do something with Derpy? I don't need it for anything, but I just love Derpy. Maybe I could use it for a new avatar.

Here you are!

I've never drawn Derpy before but she was very fun. I never realised how cute she was until I spent time focusing on her to do this. You just increased my love of Derpy!

Derpy_zpsd96da096.jpg

Uhm, I know you're really backed up and all, but I decided I may as well get a request in ASAP xD

So, I was wondering of you could do my OC Daffodil smirking? Nothing too complicated, but I was hoping it could be in color :3 Thank you so much in advance! :D (Btw, Daffodil's character page in in my sig) (P.S. your art is AMAZING! I liked the changling knitting a sock xP)

Hey Crystal Rose, here is my new request. :) Can you draw my OC doing the same kinda thing that Derpy is doing in the pictures. And can you make two separate ones, one for her head sticking out and one for her butt sticking out please. :) I'll put pictures of her  in the spoiler below. :D Also can you make it avatar sized as well please? :)

post-8996-0-26068700-1358905074.jpeg

post-8996-0-25591100-1358106951_thumb.png
post-8996-0-69880700-1358106944.jpeg
post-8996-0-26282500-1358106947.jpeg
post-8996-0-69848300-1358106948.png
post-8996-0-98459000-1358106949.png
post-8996-0-12013200-1356895823.jpeg

post-8996-0-82324400-1360711643.jpg

post-8996-0-42437500-1360711644.jpg

Edited by Galex Dj

Your work is absolutely wonderful. I would very much for you to try and draw my OC, including the cape. Color would be appreciated but if you think it would be better in black and white, then go ahead with that.  I would very much like to have him in a pose where he's kind of looking at the screen (as if breaking the forth wall), standing on all fours, with his cape flying in the background. He should also have that somewhat evil smirk that he currently has. Hope that's not too much to ask. 

Here is one with the cape.

And here is one without the cape just so the cutie mark can be seen.

img-1113140-1-cutiemark_zpsb6f339f2.png

post-9734-0-65100000-1361129868_thumb.jpg

I hope you like it!

You have a great OC. And the first time I've drawn a cape! It's a nice addition, adds some real character. Wheeee.

attachicon.gifMagicon.jpg

I hope you like it!

You have a great OC. And the first time I've drawn a cape! It's a nice addition, adds some real character. Wheeee.

I am utterly speechless. That is even better than I anticipated and I'm so thankful that you made it. It came out beautifully and can't wait to show it to my friends. Once again, Thank you so much! 

Hello, I have to say your style is very cute, all the pictures I've seen here are perfectly done, and the colouring is just lovely.

May I ask you for a favour?

Could you draw one of my OCs, or both together for me? I have no special requests, I just would like to see them drawn in your style. ;)

The references can be found here and here.

And if you need any more reference, be free to ask&stuff. ;)

Pretty please&thank you. :blush:

Edit: And we could do this as a "art trade", if you'd like something drawn from me. ;)

I liked this one. I've always liked your character, Suntouched Coco from your other drawings, and it was lovely to draw her myself. However, when I came to it I just felt like doing something simple, and drew her straight up in some red ink. I wanted to give her a little bit of sass, as your drawings of her are always so sweet but from her character background she definitely has some feistiness.

I really liked Melting Ice's sweet demeanour, and decided to give her some colour. She has a beautiful design and I hope this captured her personality alright.

post-9734-0-87189100-1361136414_thumb.jpg

I liked this one. I've always liked your character, Suntouched Coco from your other drawings, and it was lovely to draw her myself. However, when I came to it I just felt like doing something simple, and drew her straight up in some red ink. I wanted to give her a little bit of sass, as your drawings of her are always so sweet but from her character background she definitely has some feistiness.

I really liked Melting Ice's sweet demeanour, and decided to give her some colour. She has a beautiful design and I hope this captured her personality alright.

attachicon.gifSuntouchedCoco.jpg

It IS WONDERFUL.

Poor Nouth had to listen to all those squeaks I made after I saw this (we're skyping..).

You did an awesome job. <3

Many thanks. :wub:

Edited by Suntouched Coco