Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

shadok2012

Hi guys.

So I was thinking of making a New Lunar Republic vs Solar Empire game and want your input.

It will be NLR orientated

I want you guys to help with some decisions like : First person or Third Person? RPG style or Shooter style?

So yeah I look foward to hearing your input and suggestions.

WOAH Why is there THREE of these posts?

I have asolutly no idea what the hay has just happend!

(This is the correct post everypony!)

ok triple post...sorry but I got a picture for you guys.

Hope you enjoy.

Just a taster of whats to come.

(Took a very long time to make this btw)

post-10554-0-32630700-1355008300_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

I think RPG fits in better with the MLP universe over shooter. Especially considering cutie marks and "discovering your talent", RPG would allow the player to evolve the character as they saw fit.

If the picture you posted would be how the game looks, I think you could go either 1st- or 3rd-person. Maybe you could be super-fancy and have an option to switch between them?  :D

What kind of plot would this have? If you ever need help with ideas for the story, characters, mechanics, etc, feel free to shoot me a PM. Good luck with this endeavor!

• Brohoof 2

Yeah that would be cool, plus you could choose race: Earth pony, Pegasus, or unicorn and each one has bonuses, like Pegasus ponies can fly, unicorns can use magic, and earth ponies have better strength or speed.

Oh and I have an update, Mane 6 anypony?

post-10554-0-10191300-1355700730_thumb.png

Double post...All the way!

Anyways couple of screenshots of my progress on the first level, Its only a basic map right now, but will be adding buildings soon enough.

Here ya go!

post-10554-0-34167200-1355859350_thumb.png

post-10554-0-33312600-1355859589_thumb.png

post-10554-0-56957100-1355859608_thumb.png

post-10554-0-60192700-1355859628_thumb.png

post-10554-0-73024100-1355859643_thumb.png

• Brohoof 2

Third person RPG would be nice and I suggest you to make this game like Mount & Blade series where you can recruit NPC army, buy equipments, train your army, join military campaign with another players warband, siege a settlement, etc. You rely on your army (and skill, of course) to survive, and it's more realistic. The RPG isn't too thick in the game so your character won't be too "Godlike" which is also more realistic. Maybe the fighting ability depends on the skill and equipment.

The character development is more to attribute like leadership, trade, and healing while fighting attribute like usage in pole arm or magic is more like proficiency. The proficiency increases as the player uses the weapon. If the player uses magic more often, then (s)he has a good skill in magic and if the magic proficiency reach a certain number or level, a new magic discovered. As the proficiency increases, the faster player attack with the weapon, and may deals more damage with it.

How's that sounds? I'm interested to help. What programing language do you use? I can programing a little. I can't modeling at all, but it seems like you're good at it :lol: .

Third person RPG would be nice and I suggest you to make this game like Mount & Blade series where you can recruit NPC army, buy equipments, train your army, join military campaign with another players warband, siege a settlement, etc. You rely on your army (and skill, of course) to survive, and it's more realistic. The RPG isn't too thick in the game so your character won't be too "Godlike" which is also more realistic. Maybe the fighting ability depends on the skill and equipment.

The character development is more to attribute like leadership, trade, and healing while fighting attribute like usage in pole arm or magic is more like proficiency. The proficiency increases as the player uses the weapon. If the player uses magic more often, then (s)he has a good skill in magic and if the magic proficiency reach a certain number or level, a new magic discovered. As the proficiency increases, the faster player attack with the weapon, and may deals more damage with it.

How's that sounds? I'm interested to help. What programing language do you use? I can programing a little. I can't modeling at all, but it seems like you're good at it :lol: .

Hiya and thanks for the ideas, Have you heard of the mmo planetside2? I was thinking of making something along the lines of that afterwards. but anyway, I like the ideas and you may certianly see some implemented. The coding language Could be any of three that unity suppports : Javascript, C# or boo.

Hiya and thanks for the ideas, Have you heard of the mmo planetside2? I was thinking of making something along the lines of that afterwards. but anyway, I like the ideas and you may certianly see some implemented. The coding language Could be any of three that unity suppports : Javascript, C# or boo.

Ye can simply just say that I'm interested to help. What program do ye use? Yer models looks fancy and it would be a shame if such talent can't be implemented in a game just because ye don't have enough crew.

About that Planetside, sorry, never heard and would you please be so kind and tell me what features are you planning for this swashbuckling pony game? I may spit some ideas about the features.

Ye can simply just say that I'm interested to help. What program do ye use? Yer models looks fancy and it would be a shame if such talent can't be implemented in a game just because ye don't have enough crew.

About that Planetside, sorry, never heard and would you please be so kind and tell me what features are you planning for this swashbuckling pony game? I may spit some ideas about the features.

I use Unity3d. If you havent heard of it its a free 3d engine.

and for the next game, It will be you choose a faction, Peg, Uni or EP. and a class eg Assault, sniper. etc.

it will be a mmo, internet game.

what programming language do you use?

and when are you avalible?

RPG make it an RPG please it would be extremely cool! I like the idea of chosen your race (If your going to make it possible to pick things up make Earth Ponies have more carry weight)

I would find it cool to be able to create 5 ponies and they would be your squad then you could assign them roles like medic and engineer. 

Good Luck it looks like a fun game your making! 

An mmorpg focused on the civil war between The New Lunar Republic and those solar empire fools...? Yeah, graphics or not I'd pay good money to see that made although that probably wouldn't sit too well with Hasbro so... :/

Whatever, like I expressed; I LOVE THE IDEA!!! I can't think of suggestions right now so this mostly a fan support message but I tend to have more ideas when I also have sleep so. lol

(Btw, how was everypony's acocalypse? :lol: )

Edited by TheBreech

I use Unity3d. If you havent heard of it its a free 3d engine.

and for the next game, It will be you choose a faction, Peg, Uni or EP. and a class eg Assault, sniper. etc.

it will be a mmo, internet game.

what programming language do you use?

and when are you avalible?

Language? Well many, but you may ask me to use any language. The most important thing in programing is the algorithm and I can try to fit in the language. Now I'm free.

About the faction, I think it would be a good idea to separate it with the race. When you create the character, you must choose the race, but when the game start, as the introduction of the story goes, you may choose the faction. How's that sounds?

Oh. Sniper? So the theme is not a medieval warfare ponies? Using swords and magic sounds more interesting to me.

Edited by Sky Warden

I like your style. The idea of the game, and your overall progress, is quite good. Though I would recommend using the source engine, with a little more attention to detail, and a larger scale, this game seems like it will look quite beautiful. Keep it up!

OH! I forgot to mention! You better make the flying simulation as good as possible. I'm buckin love flying! :lol:
I hope it will be not just a little float above the ground. :lol:

i think it would be best (imo that is) if you where to make it first person where you are kind of a nameless faceless pony, mush like master cheif, but i think the story should me more so like gears of war where you do make friends where you go through some heart wrenching experiences, the story is what would be the driving force. i know everypony would be much more accepting of a rpg/sand box but i think it would be well worth it to have say. feel free to use any of this fyi. the mane six have split among the NLR and the Solar empire. from there you have a choice who you work for, you then have to lead a small team in to missions that are to take positions, bunkers, ect. from there say you are to take sweet apple achers (forgive spelling) and you are then having to deal with applejack as a general and her army. you have to fight through the feild to take the barn where you have a boss type showdown with her (when you would kill her a moon beam saves her, i dont want anypony to die... yet) after that you would move on to the next where you have to make choices as to what you do and that effects the final outcome. bla bla bla stuff here, im shooting from the hip in case you couldnt tell. then have a depending on your actions stop the fight or take down the leader of either faction. if you want any clearifcation just ask

First person seems not fit in MMORPG. Well, Skyrim is good, but I think it's risky. I want to see my avatar while I'm playing and see how he attacks with his spear or magic. We can see the battle in a wider point of view with third person, but first person is realistic though.

Oh, you can forget about my NPC army idea. I think it would be more fun if we recruit a real player for the army, so another player could get some money from their leader. They could interact with more players while doing their faction campaign, and much more interesting stuff to do with the army of players. You know, like guild war in many MMO.

Just another stupid idea, permanent death system please. The game would be much more dramatic with that system. Just spitting out my idea. :lol:

Edited by Sky Warden

Damn, a FPS would have been good. You know, like Half-Life where its not just shooting all over the place. I'm not a fan of RPGs really, so maybe I'll let you have this and stick to playing HL and Portal.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys Iv'e been away over X-mas and have not been able to do anything, But alas I am Back And I have an Updaaaaaaate!!

The start point with crashed c-130:

post-10554-0-68631300-1357082943_thumb.png

The canyon:

post-10554-0-04283200-1357082978_thumb.png

The SE airbase:

post-10554-0-26317000-1357083001_thumb.png

A-10s

post-10554-0-41645300-1357083013_thumb.png

F-18s

post-10554-0-05319100-1357083022_thumb.png

SE outpost:

post-10554-0-67017500-1357083045_thumb.png

And because I got bored one day:

Jimmy the Sangheili.wmv

And I made this while I was away:

post-10554-0-37482500-1357083651_thumb.jpg

Whew that should be enough pics for you guys!

An mmorpg focused on the civil war between The New Lunar Republic and those solar empire fools...? Yeah, graphics or not I'd pay good money to see that made although that probably wouldn't sit too well with Hasbro so... :/

Whatever, like I expressed; I LOVE THE IDEA!!! I can't think of suggestions right now so this mostly a fan support message but I tend to have more ideas when I also have sleep so. lol

(Btw, how was everypony's acocalypse? :lol: )

Ha. Belive it or not this will be a free game!

Like WOT so people who are fancy and awesome can donate while the majoratory of people just play along for free

God I Can Not Spell

Language? Well many, but you may ask me to use any language. The most important thing in programing is the algorithm and I can try to fit in the language. Now I'm free.
About the faction, I think it would be a good idea to separate it with the race. When you create the character, you must choose the race, but when the game start, as the introduction of the story goes, you may choose the faction. How's that sounds?
Oh. Sniper? So the theme is not a medieval warfare ponies? Using swords and magic sounds more interesting to me.

Yeah I was originally thinking medieval style  but I like the Idea of battle saddles and more modern styles of combat, and maybe squad support etc...

OH! I forgot to mention! You better make the flying simulation as good as possible. I'm buckin love flying! :lol:

God no!!! How could I live with myself If it was some piddly float! XD  But there will be a hight limit so pegasuss cant go wherever

Ugh hang on, FOr those who dont want to download jimmy the sangheili here is a youtube link.

Enjoy the animation that took me 5 minuites to make :D

http://youtu.be/UxB5EbrHrsk

• Brohoof 1

Sorry guys Iv'e been away over X-mas and have not been able to do anything, But alas I am Back And I have an Updaaaaaaate!!

Yeah I was originally thinking medieval style  but I like the Idea of battle saddles and more modern styles of combat, and maybe squad support etc...

God no!!! How could I live with myself If it was some piddly float! XD  But there will be a hight limit so pegasuss cant go wherever

Believe me bro (you're male right). If that MMORPG project we're on dead, I will support you! Seriously! I will join your project if you're making any!

Well, the height can be determined by the flying skill right?

I'm getting a little sick with it since the discussion isn't to the point and the team isn't listening to each others idea, and they proposes their idea without even thinking about how that idea can be implemented in the game.

For the sake of Luna! This team is very different with many teams I've worked with. :lol:

Edited by Sky Warden

Believe me bro (you're male right). If that MMORPG project we're on dead, I will support you! Seriously! I will join your project if you're making any!

Well, the height can be determined by the flying skill right?

I'm getting a little sick with it since the discussion isn't to the point and the team isn't listening to each others idea, and they proposes their idea without even thinking about how that idea can be implemented in the game.

For the sake of Luna! This team is very different with many teams I've worked with. :lol:

Ha Mine is a lot more relaxed and I try to listen to peoples Ideas and import them into the game...

so yeah....

just a question, how good are you at C#?

Ha Mine is a lot more relaxed and I try to listen to peoples Ideas and import them into the game...

so yeah....

just a question, how good are you at C#?

It depends. I forget when is the last time I used C++ and how good I am at it. Well, I'm more to the network after all. I'm on the programing to handle the connection between the client software and the database.

Hi people, just letting you know that this game is not dead, I'm just working on two projects at once so progress is a lot slower.

Cool then. I'm planning to join your project since that one led by Simcity seems close to the locker. I planned to make an NLR project if that happen, but it seems like yours is still alive. Well, you can ask me to help anytime.

Cool then. I'm planning to join your project since that one led by Simcity seems close to the locker. I planned to make an NLR project if that happen, but it seems like yours is still alive. Well, you can ask me to help anytime.

that's great! I think there were two reasons we were doomed to fail on it: only a handfull of us actually wanted to do something, and sim was far to ambitious with trying to recreate a ponified runescape or wow. I dunno we'll see how it goes.

that's great! I think there were two reasons we were doomed to fail on it: only a handfull of us actually wanted to do something, and sim was far to ambitious with trying to recreate a ponified runescape or wow. I dunno we'll see how it goes.

Maybe later bro. Three months to finish my study and I will have plenty of time for the project. I will try to remember everything about database in those 3 months though. Also, I can finish the whole thing like story, database, quests, items, skills, attributes and the other basic systems.

When the time comes, we will only need to recruit more modelers and some programers. I suggest you to keep working on the models, especially for the character's mesh, so we can finish it faster. :lol: