Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is your favorite Nintendo 64 era game?

Harmonic Revelations

For me it was Kirby 64: The crystal Shards (which was, by the way, the best Kirby game, at least in my opinion). I played it so much that I got all the crystals so I got the real ending. Which was awesome. I always thought 02 was scary when i first played it when I was younger, since he cries blood.

What was your favorite game that was out around the time the Nintendo 64 was at it's peak of popularity?

I think I'm gonna have to go with Banjo-Kazooie. I think I spent more time playing that game as a kid more than any other. The levels were fun, the playstyle was unique (what other game has two characters, one of which is stuck in a backpack?), the characters were hilarious (especially Gruntilda and Mumbo Jumbo,) and the music was catchy. Sadly, I never truly beat the game until about two years ago; I simply could not defeat Grunty as a kid. I never really played Banjo-Tooie, but I've been meaning to give it a shot someday. 

Oh mai God I remember that game; I used to annoy me sooo much because of the music and sound, once it gets in your head it never leaves!!!

My favorite game was this little known one called 'wipeout' Itv was like pod racing in the racing and destroying enemies to get ahead of them...

even with the presence of ocarina of time in this era, majoras still takes the cake for me. A dark storyline, a constant reminder of the foreboding apocalypse, and the game was actually difficult. OOT was fairly easy in my opinion, water temple included. i remember when i first played majoras, i was scared of evereything, took me so long to beat XD

SUper smash bros i also had fun with, was so fun to play with friends XD

The first Paper Mario game for me. I still remember the first time I played it, partly because I was sick as a dog and that was the only thing keeping me occupied at the time. Never could beat the final boss until I bought it about a year ago on virtual console. Seemed much easier that I remember it being as a kid.

• Brohoof 1

I would love to say ocarina of time, but I never got past the deku tree until my grade 8 English teacher gave me a tip on how to continue.

I will say the original Paper Mario was my favourite as I rented it so many times, my parents bought the game for me. I loved the cartoony graphics style and the level design and bosses were all very unique. My personal favourite boss in the game has to be the ultra-cool koopa brothers! They were one of the funniest villains and had a pretty awesome theme song.

Super Smash Brothers is a close second because it was a really fun game to play with friends. I always played as pikachu and yoshi.

Edited by Celtore

I can't choose a favorite, so I'm gonna list a whole bunch.

Super Mario 64
Ocarina of Time
Majoras Mask
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Mario Party 2
Battle Tanx: Global Assault
Super Smash Bros
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Snap
Tony Hawks Pro Skater
Mario Kart 64
Paper Mario

Edited by Champion RD92

When I was a kid, I used to play Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 a lot, in a videogame place.

When I got my N64, I started playing Pokemon Stadium. Some time later, I got Stadium 2 and Ocarina of Time.

However, my favorite game from the 64 has to be Majora's Mask. It's the darkest title of the entire saga, and a very entertaining one.

It has to be Ocarina of time, the best game ever made in my opinion. Even after beating it completely at least 23 times, I still absolutely love it.

Majoras mask, donkey kong 64 and marion 64 are good runner ups though.

Hmmm thats a toughie...

I guess my favourite Nintendo 64 Era game has got to be either:

Lylat Wars (also known as Star fox 64)

Super Smash Bros

Wave Race 64

Mario Kart 64

Super Mario 64

Pokemon Stadium (1 and 2)

Mario Golf

Pokemon Snap

Star Wars Battle For Naboo

Star Wars Rouge Squadron

i wonder why nobody mentions...STAR FOX,DO A BARREL ROLL! CONKERS BAD FUR DAY y,know the game with all the curse words it had colorful and funny gameplay actually also...MAJORAS MASK nuff said

edit:oh wait somebody mentioned it when i was posting oh well..

Edited by duckishponyish

As much as I loved Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time to bits and I still play them now and then, Pokemon Stadium is my all time favourite. I think it was that I got to trash my brother's Blue version Pokemon with my Red version Pokemon.

Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time are both very high up on my list, and Kirby 64 plus Super Smash Bros. sit up there as well. But Paper Mario is by far my favorite game on the system, no contest. So original, so creative and so much fun.

I never really had a nintendo 64 console but I was however, able to play Banjo Kazooie once in an eye doctors office and to be honest, it really wasn't that much of a fun experience

Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time are both very high up on my list, and Kirby 64 plus Super Smash Bros. sit up there as well. But Paper Mario is by far my favorite game on the system, no contest. So original, so creative and so much fun.

By "Nintendo 64 era", I assume you mean the fifth console generation.

I think Metal Gear Solid edges it out for me for #1. Perfect Dark comes in at a very close second, though.

So many hard choices to choose from....

I would say the best Single player game for me would be Super Mario 64. Lots of childhood hours went in that game.

Best Multiplayer game would be Mario Party, with smash bros following. 

Super Mario 64 is my favorite 64 game, it was my very first game and i grew up with it since i was 3, it was one of the best games i ever played, its also very nostalgic