Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think it would be better if we were all ponies?

AppleDashFan

I'd be an unicorn in a heartbeat.The fact alone that I could use magic would be more than enough reason to swap my human status for unicorn status.

That,and I'm willing to bet most ponies won't be total asswipes,unlike in today's world.I know there's a lot of decent people around here,but it seems to me that there's more jerks than there are decent people.

• Brohoof 5

I'd be a unicorn. As I explained on some other topic somewhere, I view earth ponies as agricultural workers, pegasi as athletes, and unicorns as intellectuals; i most associate myself with intellectuals.

ANYWAI! Of course I'd be a poni/live in Equestria! :D Want to know why?

OH GEEZ YOU GUYS, INCOMING RANT

Have you ever heard the joke, "where's the portal to Equestria?" There is a reason that this is often on a brony's mind. In MLP, we see what is pretty damn near to a perfect world. There is no sexual corruption, no political corruption, and moral purity is always rewarded. Their society is based on friendship, not logic nor money. This is something that I desperately want, and something that I suspect many bronies also want--a pure world where we can have faith in our society. A world without murder. Without harsh cruelty. A world where everypony who is good, is good--and those who are not are always proved wrong at the end of the day.

i feel like that is an underlying subconscious reason to why we all congregate together on online forums and other places. I know that I love you all, because I can trust that you value friendship and the betterment of our group as much as I do. i have faith in our society, our brony fandom, our friendship...our family.

Edited by Night Shine
  • Brohoof 16

When you said "If we were all ponies" do you also include the assholes and the dictators? lEJ9q.png

That would be suck to live in a world where the pricks actually have magic or wings.

I myself prefer wings. When the other two subspecies moves in two-dimension, I would have three-dimension world to explore. Other than dragons and other ponies, I would have nothing to worry about.

• Brohoof 2

If someone gave me the opportunity to somehow become a pegasus I would take it in a heartbeat and never look back. Flight is my oldest dream, it's the reason I chose to pursue a career in aviation as a pilot. Don't get me wrong, I love airplanes, enough to commit my life to them, but nothing would beat the abiility to fly with your own wings...it's the fantasy at the heart of every aviator. Just you and the sky...free as a bird (err...pegasus). It's the ability to connect with the sky on an intimate, spiritual level. I'd give anything for that, I've always felt like that, the pegasus ponies only made that feeling stronger.

But it goes a bit deeper than that.

There are days where I just wanna leave this world behind. I know that's not a healthy mindset, because it's really the only world we have, and we should always do our all to make it the best it can be, but sometimes it just seems so difficult that all I want to do is throw up my hooves and walk away from this mess. There's this ever-present shroud of darkness that looms over our world, and sometimes it fades and lifts high enough to where one can get the crazy notion that the world is bright enough to change...But then things like the mass shooting in CT occur, and the dark shroud over our world seems to drop closer to the surface and it becomes almost palpable, and the full reality of just how grim the world can be becomes apparent. Sometimes it just gets too hard to handle...

I know I reference it a lot, but Mandopony was really right when he said we are a long way from Equestria...and it seems like as each day goes by we are getting further and further away. It really is a strange thing...the human condition. We have the ability to create beautiful worlds, like Pandora, like Equestria, and I know that even if on the surface they might simply be meant as fantasy, these worlds represent an inner longing on the part of the creators, and those fans who rally behind them.

We have the ability to envision these worlds, meaning they are almost within our grasp. But do we choose to follow their example? Do we choose to use those same motivations that allow us to dream beautiful things to make our world more in their image? No, we lie, we cheat, we steal, we kill. We could choose to live our dreams, to make them a reality, but we instead choose to live our nightmares.

Edited by Lightning Dust
  • Brohoof 11

If someone gave me the opportunity to somehow become a pegasus I would take it in a heartbeat and never look back. Flight is my oldest dream, it's the reason I chose to pursue a career in aviation as a pilot. Don't get me wrong, I love airplanes, enough to commit my life to them, but nothing would beat the abiility to fly with your own wings...it's the fantasy at the heart of every aviator. Just you and the sky...free as a bird (err...pegasus). It's the ability to connect with the sky on an intimate, spiritual level. I'd give anything for that, I've always felt like that, the pegasus ponies only made that feeling stronger.

There are days where I just wanna leave this world behind. I know that's not a healthy mindset, because it's really the only world we have, and we should always do our all to make it the best it can be, but sometimes it just seems so difficult that all I want to do is throw up my hooves and walk away from this mess. There's this ever-present shroud of darkness that looms over our world, and sometimes it fades and lifts high enough to where one can get the crazy notion that the world is bright enough to change...But then things like the mass shooting in CT occur, and the dark shroud over our world seems to drop closer to the surface and it becomes almost palpable, and the full reality of just how grim the world can be becomes apparent. Sometimes it just gets too hard to handle...

I know I reference it a lot, but Mandopony was really right when he said we are a long way from Equestria...and it seems like as each day goes by we are getting further and further away. It really is a strange thing...the human condition. We have the ability to create beautiful worlds, like Pandora, like Equestria, and I know that even if not on the surface, these worlds represent an inner longing on the part of the creators and those fans who rally behind the world. We have the ability to envision these worlds, they are almost within our grasp. But do we choose to follow their example? No, we lie, we cheat, we steal, we kill. We could choose to live our dreams, but we instead choose to live our nightmares.

But, that's why we have each other. That's why we have the brony community. Instead of lieing, cheating, stealing, killing, hating, or anything of the like, we choose to love and tolerate all. We have a family here that goes beyond the broken world we live in.

With enough hope, enough love, and enough friendship, we can recreate Equestria on Earth.

• Brohoof 1

I know I reference it a lot, but Mandopony was really right when he said we are a long way from Equestria...and it seems like as each day goes by we are getting further and further away. It really is a strange thing...the human condition. We have the ability to create beautiful worlds, like Pandora, like Equestria, and I know that even if not on the surface, these worlds represent an inner longing on the part of the creators and those fans who rally behind the world. We have the ability to envision these worlds, they are almost within our grasp. But do we choose to follow their example? No, we lie, we cheat, we steal, we kill. We could choose to live our dreams, but we instead choose to live our nightmares.

I know what you mean... just wanting to walk away from everything. the dark shroud over this world... The fact that everyday it gets bigger and closer to consuming all the world. And these days we have almost no way to stop it. The world is far more corrupted than most will admit or even try to acknowledge. It saddens me how bad it's gotten... People killing children, or ther people, are the worst things that happen. We do have the ability to create a perfect world. But the people who have power, who crave it, and who will never give it up are what stand in our way. Without them we could probably and most likely work slowly towards as you had said a Pandora or Equestria. but that black shroud only gets worse...

hmm I'm not sure things would be better if we were all ponies, I mean that would mean even the jerks and those that make the world a horrible place would also be ponies so what is the point?

I think the better question would be: Would it be better if the world as a whole was like Equestria?

The answer to that would be yes. For the most part everyone would get along and differences of opinion would be resolved in a quick, friendly, civil fashion rather than someone possibly being hurt/killed in the end.

Just being turned into ponies resolves nothing. The actual worldwide society needs to change as a whole, and in the complete opposite direction it has been going at an increasing rate over the past however many years.

This topic has come up time and time again in discussions I have been in because of the geeky nature that is my friends. I always end with saying how I so look forward to the society that is Star Trek, sadly in all reality I actually see the world ending up more along the lines of Fallout since I'm afraid that something will happen before the generations that think this way will ever be in power. If only those of us who do could up and leave to make our United Federation of Equestria, then we would not have to wait.  :lol:

Edited by Puddlejumper
  • Brohoof 6

hmm I'm not sure things would be better if we were all ponies, I mean that would mean even the jerks and those that make the world a horrible place would also be ponies so what is the point?

I think the better question would be: Would it be better if the world as a whole was like Equestria?

The answer to that would be yes. For the most part everyone would get along and differences of opinion would be resolved in a quick, friendly, civil fashion rather than someone possibly being hurt/killed in the end.

Just being turned into ponies resolves nothing. The actual worldwide society needs to change as a whole.

True, and i guess i should have phrased that better. That is what i meant. Sorry, but I didn't really know how to put it. Thank-you for putting it better ^.^

Just being turned into ponies resolves nothing. The actual worldwide society needs to change as a whole, and in the complete opposite direction it has been going at an increasing rate over the past however many years.

This topic has come up time and time again in discussions I have been in because of the geeky nature that is my friends. I always end with saying how I so look forward to the society that is Star Trek, sadly in all reality I actually see the world ending up more along the lines of Fallout since I'm afraid that something will happen before the generations that think this way will ever be in power. If only those of us who do could up and leave to make our United Federation of Equestria, then we would not have to wait.  :lol:

Aye, Human nature will never allow us to create a utopian society as selfishness, greed, cruelty and lust for power are coded into our genes.The only people who are truly living utopian lives are those that voluntary live an alternate lifestyle away from the mainstream wheter it be a communist village or naturalist lifestyle in the middle of the woods.

Aye, Human nature will never allow us to create a utopian society as selfishness, greed, cruelty and lust for power are coded into our genes.The only people who are truly living utopian lives are those that voluntary live an alternate lifestyle away from the mainstream wheter it be a communist village or naturalist lifestyle in the middle of the woods.

Sometimes not even then. There is always going to be corruption somewere. Whether it be in the wilderness, cities, or normal life, corruption is everywere and there is no way to get rid of it. power is just too strong.

Sometimes not even then. There is always going to be corruption somewere. Whether it be in the wilderness, cities, or normal life, corruption is everywere and there is no way to get rid of it. power is just too strong.

I noticed that a small group of people working together for a common goal without a profit motive or political ambitions tend to be happier than people living in standard cities.You can see the genuine happiness in people's face in such groups.

I noticed that a small group of people working together for a common goal without a profit motive or political ambitions tend to be happier than people living in standard cities.You can see the genuine happiness in people's face in such groups.

Yes, I know and i would love to find the security of that type of group and the bliss of being un corrupted. but no matter what there will always be someone to corrupt it. If it were possible I'd do everything in my power to stop it, but so far that i know all we can do for now is hope it lessens. then act. Although i see were you are coming from ^.^ I just wish we could keep that kind of thing forever.

Edited by AppleDashFan

Yes, I know and i would love to find the security of that type of group and the bliss of being un corrupted. but no matter what there will always be someone to corrupt it. If it were possible I'd do everything in my power to stop it, but so far that i know all we can do for now is hope it lessens. then act. Although i see were you are coming from ^.^ I just wish we could keep that kind of thing forever.

It'll last as long as the group believes in what they're doing, our children might not agree and simply leave but we could continue living such a life until the day we die.

People are too dependent on distracting crap like iphones and stuff these days, groups of humans who wanted to live a certain kind of life moved away from major cities to form smaller towns back then.The whole mood and interaction between people is very different in smaller villages compared to major cities.

• Brohoof 2

Indeed, it's true that Utopias exist in our world, it's just that when that society either gets too industrial or too large the harmony falls apart. Too bad there really doesn't seem to be a balance like that that works on a mass-scale in our industrial world. Maybe we just haven't discovered the key to regaining balance yet. I think human nature is more complex than inherently good or inherently evil, it is chsnging dynamically given different social situations, we just need to find a societal form that brings out the best in us. Maybe someday...

I think there's something to the Venus Project. Maybe with enough self-sustained automation, the hunger for power will fade (after all, that's handled by machines), and people can just focus on living life.

Edited by Lightning Dust
  • Brohoof 1

It'll last as long as the group believes in what they're doing, our children might not agree and simply leave but we could continue living such a life until the day we die.

People are too dependent on distracting crap like iphones and stuff these days, groups of humans who wanted to live a certain kind of life moved away from major cities to form smaller towns back then.The whole mood and interaction between people is very different in smaller villages compared to major cities.

very true. I guess something could survive as long as people still believe. But after then it just goes back to the normal part of it. I just want an uncorrupted society. anything better than what we've got... but we have to live with it because we did it all. But yes there is good in the world. some places somewere there is always gonna be good. Thank-you

Indeed, it's true that Utopias exist in our world, it's just that when that society either gets too industrial or too large the harmony falls apart. Too bad there really doesn't seem to be a balance like that that works on a mass-scale in our industrial world. Maybe we just haven't discovered the key to regaining balance yet. I think human nature is more complex than inherently good or inherently evil, it is chsnging dynamically given different social situations, we just need to find a societal form that brings out the best in us. Maybe someday...

I think there's something to the Venus Project. Maybe with enough self-sustained automation, the hunger for power will fade (after all, that's handled by machines), and people can just focus on living life.

maybe, but then again. there will maybe be the hunger for power from those who can afford the better stuff. But i guess thats unavoidable. just human nature. Would be nice to get rid of that part ^.^ would make things so much easier for everyone

There are lots of voluntary communities practicing various lifestyle around the world.The massive pollution, death, imperialism and degenerate societies we see today are the direct result of our consumption habbits so fixing poverty alone will not solve anything.

very true. I guess something could survive as long as people still believe. But after then it just goes back to the normal part of it. I just want an uncorrupted society. anything better than what we've got... but we have to live with it because we did it all. But yes there is good in the world. some places somewere there is always gonna be good. Thank-you

maybe, but then again. there will maybe be the hunger for power from those who can afford the better stuff. But i guess thats unavoidable. just human nature. Would be nice to get rid of that part ^.^ would make things so much easier for everyone

I've visited many such place and I'm envious of the people there but I knew that I could never live such a lifestyle.

• Brohoof 1

I've visited many such place and I'm envious of the people there but I knew that I could never live such a lifestyle.

I don't travel much... whats it like in those places? I've always wanted to live away from the cities and industry. Live out in the country. Have people who understand that life isn't about money but how you live it.

If there was a way to turn us all into ponies and send us to Equestria I would say yes, DEFINITLY!

I would choose to either be a pegasus or a unicorn, (But not both) the world would be a better place in my opinion. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I don't travel much... whats it like in those places? I've always wanted to live away from the cities and industry. Live out in the country. Have people who understand that life isn't about money but how you live it.

Smaller villages are generally friendly and everyone knows each other over there, neighbors and village people would take the time to visit each other and just chat about their daily lives or do simple entertainment like fishing or craft various useless stuff for entertainment.Stores are the smaller traditional kind with shopkeepers you recognize and talk to instead of some faceless corporation with brainwashed minimal wage robots greeting you at the entrance.

Some of these villages have their own unique culture that they've been practicing for centuries or they just make up a new one for the lulz

Voluntary communist villages - never visited it but heard from people working in the cities who claimed to come from such places and they described it as workers owning the means of production and things like housing and furnitures are built for the community free of charge.The excess in produced food/goods are probably sold to buy materials and other stuff.The younger generation tend to want a modern lifestyle that involves Iphones and facebook so they leave those villages to work in the cities to get em.

Primitive tribes - I've only seen one tribe from a distance and they seem to be living a happy life as hunter gatherers, there are lots more but I've only seen the rest on tv.

Having a huge population density isn't really necessary to improve wealth and quality of life but the problem is generally the lack knowledge for people to produce modern goods in such places, I've only heard of one village where everyone is extremely rich due to strong leadership and unbroken collectivism.

Smaller villages are generally friendly and everyone knows each other over there, neighbors and village people would take the time to visit each other and just chat about their daily lives or do simple entertainment like fishing or craft various useless stuff for entertainment.Stores are the smaller traditional kind with shopkeepers you recognize and talk to instead of some faceless corporation with brainwashed minimal wage robots greeting you at the entrance.

Some of these villages have their own unique culture that they've been practicing for centuries or they just make up a new one for the lulz

Voluntary communist villages - never visited it but heard from people working in the cities who claimed to come from such places and they described it as workers owning the means of production and things like housing and furnitures are built for the community free of charge.The excess in produced food/goods are probably sold to buy materials and other stuff.The younger generation tend to want a modern lifestyle that involves Iphones and facebook so they leave those villages to work in the cities to get em.

Primitive tribes - I've only seen one tribe from a distance and they seem to be living a happy life as hunter gatherers, there are lots more but I've only seen the rest on tv.

Having a huge population density isn't really necessary to improve wealth and quality of life but the problem is generally the lack knowledge for people to produce modern goods in such places, I've only heard of one village where everyone is extremely rich due to strong leadership and unbroken collectivism.

Sounds great. I'd love to try it. I get tired of the noise of cities and the obnoxiousness of the people who think they are better. If i got the chance to go to an equal community like Equestria i would ^.^ But im far from it so I have to live with it ^.^ but knowing there are some out there warms my heart

• Brohoof 1

IIRC a lot of authority positions are handled by machines as well, so a lot of seats of power that corrupt people could do damage with are made obsolete. It's a way to limit how much corrupt people can do in society. TBH I'm quite fuzzy on the Venus Project. Last time I talked about stuff like this was when I was having conversations like this in the James Cameron's Avatar fandom, and that was nearing two years ago.

There are lots of voluntary communities practicing various lifestyle around the world.The massive pollution, death, imperialism and degenerate societies we see today are the direct result of our consumption habbits so fixing poverty alone will not solve anything.
I agree with that. If anything poverty is a symptom rather than the problem itself. Then again I also read a book once back in high school that stated that fixing poverty is one of the keys to fixing society as a whole. It made the statement that raising people out of poverty (in terms of our modern society) allowed people to focus on higher needs on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, such as philosophical, existential, and spiritual needs, and the more people were able to focus on these needs vs baser needs, the better the chances people had at making major changes to society because more hearts and minds could get in on the struggle.

But then again, that's one of millions of opinions out there, so who knows? *shrugs*

In all honesty I've considered running off to Eco-villages and the like in the past. Still crosses my mind sometimes. I don't think I could, though. I don't know if I could give up aviation.

But, that's why we have each other. That's why we have the brony community. Instead of lieing, cheating, stealing, killing, hating, or anything of the like, we choose to love and tolerate all. We have a family here that goes beyond the broken world we live in.With enough hope, enough love, and enough friendship, we can recreate Equestria on Earth.
Well said, my friend. Equestria isn't a place, it's a state of mind - a spirit that beats alive and well in the heart of every Brony and Pegasister in our community. And even if we aren't ponies in reality, we are in spirit. Though maybe we can take a little of that spirit and make it real. All it takes is strength and fortitude, which I see no shortage of in our wonderful community. :) Edited by Lightning Dust

I am honestly torn between being a pony and being a human. On one hand, ponies (more specifically unicorns) can use magic to do all sorts of tasks like drawing and such while humans.....

You know what,

I am just gonna be a Unicorn

I can't seem to think of any reason why I would want to stay a human being :/

Edited by ~ds8~
  • Brohoof 1