Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you REALLY date a pony?

Nylon

I don't see why not, if they were ponies from the show. I'd definitely date Twilight, as long she was okay with it ^^

• Brohoof 2

I currently have no interest in dating, but if I did, I'd have no problem dating a pony. They do have human mannerisms and personalities, after all.

Hell, I'd have no issue dating an amorphous blob if it had a personality I was attracted to.

• Brohoof 1

Yes. Yes. YES. I would, no doubt. Way more interested in that then dating another human honestly. As long as they were just like the ponies from the show, or at least really close, no doubt.

They aren't animals, this attitude annoys me. They're smart, they have complex emotions and personalities equal to that of us humans. Calling them animals implies they are something less, like we're "Superior" or something. Why? Because they vaguely resemble equines from our world? They walk on four legs and have hooves and somehow that makes us better, when they've show that emotionally and mentally they're just as advanced as we are? Stupid, silly, ridiculous.

Yes. In the show they are pony sapiens. Having the will to consent. They just have a polite way of doing it ^^.

Evolution-of-earth-ponykind-my-little-po

Edited by Lithophila
  • Brohoof 4

Yes, I would.  I really, really would.  Species would have absolutely no bearing on my romantic interests, as long as we're talking about sentient, equal intelligence species, which of course we are.  To me, it wouldn't be of any more consequence than dating a person of a different ethnicity.  Personally, I've always dreamed of living in Star Trek times or something, and being able to date a non-human of some type.  When I married in Skyrim, my number-one requirement was non-human.  I'm not anti-human, but something different is just so much more interesting.

• Brohoof 6

sure , they are smart and can talk, it would be interesting , they are not really an "animal" just look at twilight in equestria girls, she jumps right into being a human, 

Edited by simba86
  • Brohoof 3

I don't see what is wrong with dating a sentient, sapient, intelligent and concious living being. So it is a Yes for me.

Edited by Tonyan
  • Brohoof 5

Of course not, they're animals. I don't care if they talk, they're still animals.

Humans are animals too, just wanted to point that out.

On topic though, I would not do this. Why? Well, inter-species relationships are kinda....well, not only odd, but pointless. 

Now, if it was a scenario where we were both Equestrian ponies, then sure, why not? 

• Brohoof 1

They aren't animals, this attitude annoys me. They're smart, they have complex emotions and personalities equal to that of us humans. Calling them animals implies they are something less, like we're "Superior" or something. Why? Because they vaguely resemble equines from our world? They walk on four legs and have hooves and somehow that makes us better, when they've show that emotionally and mentally they're just as advanced as we are? Stupid, silly, ridiculous.

So are most cartoon animals. And the resemblance isn't that "vague" - They say in the show Discord has the head of a pony, so I think they're supposed to actually look like that. A bunch of Faust's old quotes about the ponies supports this, too.

So are most cartoon animals. And the resemblance isn't that "vague" - They say in the show Discord has the head of a pony, so I think they're supposed to actually look like that. A bunch of Faust's old quotes about the ponies supports this, too.

Okay, so the resemblance isn't necessarily vague. Worded a bit wrong there, but they're still mostly only like horses/ponies from our world in appearance, and even then I don't see horses here with horns, wings, magical butt tattoos or any of that.

"So are most cartoon animals", alright. If said cartoon animals were real I'd say it's fine to date them too, if they are of the same level of sapience as us humans are. If they can think and feel and give consent I don't see a problem.

• Brohoof 3

Probably not only because I don't believe that humans should have relations with animals.

Yes, I know humans are animals, too. But I just see it as wrong.

• Brohoof 3

Humans are animals too, just wanted to point that out.

On topic though, I would not do this. Why? Well, inter-species relationships are kinda....well, not only odd, but pointless. 

Now, if it was a scenario where we were both Equestrian ponies, then sure, why not? 

What do you mean by ''pointless'' ?