Any Good Books?

Virulence

I'm sure you already have enough suggestions to keep you until... who knows when, but I'm still gonna have to go with Keypassion on this one.

The Inheritance cycle- Christopher Paolini

I tried reading Twilight. Didn't make it past the first paragraph.

I want those ten seconds of my life back.

My brother and I have read the majority of these books and series between us, and the Inheritance cycle is still both of our favourites.It's especially good if you enjoy mind rape.

My family has hundreds and hundreds of books in our house, and i can tell you that my brother and I treat the Inheritance cycle with the most care by far. Even better than the Harry Potter series. It's like they're our children :3

I would say more, but nothing I do can describe the Inheritance cycle :P

And if you've seen the movie Eragon (first book in the series) for the love of all things sacred, do NOT use to judge the series.

That movie is blasphemy upon Christopher Paolini's work.

Blasphemy I tell you.

*in a menacing whisper* Blasphemy... 

Edited by Pencil Hoof
  • Brohoof 1

God over games

Well, lets see...

• Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson
  • Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind
  • Legend of Drizz't by R.A. Salvatore (or, really, just about anything by this author)
  • Gaunt's Ghosts by Dan Abnett
  • The Horus Heresy by multiple authoirs (starts with Horus Rising by Dan Abnett)
  • Dragonlance Chronicles by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
  • Dragonlance Legends by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
  • The Black Magician Trilogy by Trudi Canavan
  • The Sword of Shannara Triology by Terry Brooks
  • Discworld by Terry Pratchett
Edited by gypsy_tambourine
  • Brohoof 2

I am currently reading on the fourth book by the author Joe Abercrombie, he is really good at it. 

The first series is The First Law Trilogy which consists of these three books:

- The Blade Itself

-Before They Are Hanged

-The Last Argument of Kings

And then we have the book I am reading now; 

- Best Served Cold

XD917.png

"The Road Less Travelled" and it's sequels are great books that I'd recommend to anyone divulging into spirituality. I also read a fascinating book called "A Civil Action". Those are two books that I'd recommend, I do read a lot but there aren't many books besides that that I'd recommend. there is this one, I think it's called "The Hot Zone" but it's not for the weak stomach type, it's about the Ebola virus.

There is this book I'm reading called The Giver. It's about this society who has given everything from emotions to sense of self to create a perfect community.

I had to read that a few years back in High School. It was indeed a pretty good book. I'd forgotten but it but I'd also recommend the Giver if you're into fiction with a moral.

Signature.png

The only series I can never put down is the Artemis Fowl series. The Eternity code is and always will be my favourite book ever!

Edited by z11011

The only real book I can recommend to read is "State of Mind" by John Katzenbach. That's a definitely good book if I've seen any, IMO. (Although I haven't read that much on book material. My sister is the avid reader).

And if you've seen the movie Eragon (first book in the series) for the love of all things sacred, do NOT use to judge the series.

I watched the movie, loved it, and it's one of the reasons I'm still waiting to read that saga itself, especially because I love dragons as a plus. I feel like the only one on that regard. ^_^

I could recommend lots of books and sagas and graphic novels, but I only want to mention one: The Legend of Drizzt. It's a series that has spanned 22 books written over the past 20 years. In the words of one reviewer for Streams of Silver, the fifth book in the series, "There's good reason this saga is one of the most popular -- and beloved -- fantasy series of all time: breakneck pacing, deeply complex characters, and nonstop action. If you read just one adventure fantasy saga in your lifetime, let it be this one."

The Companions of the Hall will lead you on adventures spanning continents and several other planes of existence, learning more about who they are as they find their places in the world, fighting their personal demons as well as literal demons and many other forces of evil and chaos along the way. There's lots of introspection and there's never a dull moment because Salvatore can write a fight scene like no other. Reading one of his fights is more thrilling than any I've ever observed in a movie, game, or comic.

Legend of Drizz't by R.A. Salvatore (or, really, just about anything by this author)

Salvatore is beyond any doubt my favorite author of all time. You're in for an unpredictable and amazing journey no matter which of his books you pick up. Anybody who reads The Legend of Drizzt saga should also read through The Sellswords and The Cleric Quintet, as both series expand upon people and events appearing and referenced in Drizzt's escapades, some of which become relevant again in the Neverwinter series that Salvatore is currently working on.

• Brohoof 2

sig-6104.5e1fEdB.png

Kyoshi made this ^^

Come join us on

Equestria.tv on Fridays at 6 PM Eastern for our weekly movie nights!

Depending on what mood I'm in, but here are a few

Dominion by CJ Sansom, just out and I'm in the middle of it now

There Are Doors by Gene Wolfe, excellent and an eternal favourite

No Future by Paul Cornell

The Book of The New Sun by Gene Wolfe

Fatherland by Robert Harris

Nine Princes In Amber by Roger Zelazny

Pashazade by Jon Courtenay Grimwood

The Towers of Toron by Samuel R Delany

The Horseclan books by Robert Adams

Just off the top of what people call my head....