Massive Music Project! Singers and musicians wanted!

Marcato

Hey everyone!

As some of you may know, I'm currently making a symphonic metal album titled "One Thousand Years Ago" based on Equestria, as the name implies, one thousand years before the mane six. This will be an album of around 8 songs from what I can tell. However with what I have planned I may have bitten off a little more than I can chew...

You see, there's a lot of story behind this album, including cannon and non-cannon aspects. My biggest concern is the singers. Why? Well we can't have a 15 year old teenager like me singing as Celestia or Luna now can we? My solution; find singers online interested in helping! 

Here's a list of voices I need;

Character   |   Vocal range

Narrator (Male or Female): Likely fairly high

Celestia: Middle range

Luna: Higher

Nightmare Moon: Middle range

Discord: Lower

Celestia & Luna's Father: Lower

Celestia & Luna's Mother: Middle range

Twilight Sparkle (Unconfirmed): Middle range

Yeah, that's a lot of voices. However on the bright side we can have one singer sing multiple parts. If you would like to be a singer, please respond here with any questions. Otherwise, contact me via skype (@destradiousmc) or PM.

But wait, there's more!

Yes, I'm also looking for people to play instruments! These instruments would be primarily Electric Guitar. My music VST doesn't have very good electric guitar instruments, so if I could I would really like to get some real people playing here. ;)

The other instrument would be keyboard or piano. Being a very unprofessional piano player I can't play very complex piano. So I would really love to have someone who can play piano on board!

Finally, if you're an instrumental or rock composer of some sorts, I would love to have your help. I would rather not be a single composer on a project this big if I can help it. :I 

Current Track List;

1. One Thousand Years Ago (Medley) (Intro)

2. Equestria's Fate

3. Crystalline Shards

4. Griffon Fliers

5. Free Again

6. Reclaim

7. Chaotic Storm

8. Night and Day

Any takers? Looking for a preview? Well there can't be a preview without singers can there? ^_^

Even if you don't want to sing or play an instrument, it would be really appreciated if you could provide your support just by saying so. Support helps encourage me, currently the only person making this album, to keep at it. Thank you!

~Silver Arrow

You want a high voice? You got it! I'll look into the Narrator line. I have a friend who does a rockin' Celestia impression and can sing like a boss, but unfortunately she isn't on MLPF...

...yet.

• Brohoof 1

You want a high voice? You got it! I'll look into the Narrator line. I have a friend who does a rockin' Celestia impression and can sing like a boss, but unfortunately she isn't on MLPF...

...yet.

Awesome! The narrator is a difficult part, at least for me. There's some fairly high parts, but if you're a natural high singer it's excellent! 

Your friend doesn't have to be a member of the forums to be a part of it. I'd love to have you both on board if you're willing. If you have skype, perhaps we should get in touch there?

Well, if this was a nice, clean (meaning no swearing or anything like that) album, I might be able to try out for the narrator part... Anybody else would probably be too low for me, but I could maybe try. I think I could do a fairly decent female voice, too, if things got desperate. :P

• Brohoof 1

I'll get on that, but don't expect lines coming in tomorrow. I've got a cold that makes my voice sound like it's full of dust. Hopefully I can stave off puberty long enough...

I have to finish writing lyrics first anyways! Normally lyrics for me come after I write the song or a part of the song. Not to mention the song I am currently working on is a medley featuring pretty much every singer/character.

I can sing male or female, from Bass to Alto. I use to do it professionally, I just need some lyrics. So, yeah. I'm game if you want me to try out.

Sure! That'd be awesome! If you can sing various ranges then it'd be very useful for if we're missing a singer for a character. :)

I can get anything from low to middle range.  Also open to playing piano, guitar, bass if you need someone?  So reply to whatever it is you need.

We need more low-middle range people, so that would be great. Bass is something I will probably need. No rock/metal song is complete without bass. :P

Well, if this was a nice, clean (meaning no swearing or anything like that) album, I might be able to try out for the narrator part... Anybody else would probably be too low for me, but I could maybe try. I think I could do a fairly decent female voice, too, if things got desperate. :P

My friend, this is an album based on ponies. A childrens show. Of course it's clean! :D 

If there are two people interested in playing the narrator roll, I can send you both an excerpt from the first song with the lyrics and you can try them out whenever you can and send me a recording of you singing. ^_^ 

Dunno why you linked me on skype but..

Metal Guitar (Preferably Rhythm), Drum Pattern, Orchestra or just plain Voice Edits. Count me in.

I can do Inhale Screams as a bonus or something.

• Brohoof 1

While I have a low voice, I can assist in anything requiring that. But my main strength is the drumset, I am pretty good at it, if I say so myself. So, if you need anything, just let me know. - Warhog

• Brohoof 1