Anypony looking for those new, gotta-have trading card collector's boxes featuring Pinkie Pie and Vinyl Scratch?  More than likely, you are out of luck and places are mysteriously out of stock.  Why is this?  It's because some people are buying all of them at once and price gouging them on Ebay.  This frustrates me so much, anyone else having this same problem when wanting to get new merch?

Here is a prime example, I'm guessing it's only 12$ for retail just like the first tin was, but this is just downright ridiculous 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Little-Pony-MLP-FIM-Trading-Card-Pinkie-Pie-F36-Collectors-Edition-Them-Box-/150969463540?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D4387121456891735663%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D150969463540%26

• Brohoof 5

I just go to amazon or buy them at online retailers. Its so much simpler then hunting the stuff down at stores and buying from price gougers..

That's the problem too, Target doesn't have the Pinkie Pie box available for sale.  HotTopic stores haven't gotten the DJ Pon-3 set available, only online; which sold out in a day.  I'll be seeing those on Ebay for 40$ in about a week.

Yes, this really irritates me! Many bronies are finally getting the collector's merchandise that they would like, and it's being bought up by people wanting to sell it at triple the price. It's an awful practice.

Edited by Aurum

I think it's really quite sad that this is where we have ended up to be honest. 

Trading cards? Collectors boxes? Really? 

It just screams money hungry business...I want to know what happened to the ponies, when did they become so obsessed with profit? 

• Brohoof 2

It just screams money hungry business...I want to know what happened to the ponies, when did they become so obsessed with profit? 

I have to agree. I mean don't get me wrong its your money and you can buy whatever but trading cards? Thats a little too much don't you think just companies milking money off of bronies for something not really worth the $12+ dollars . Plushies and shirts ( other wearable merch ) is fine with me but this sort of thing doesn't bother me at all mainly because I don't like trading cards anyway.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't be surprised if some non-bronies were doing it. They don't care about the fandom. They do like easy money though.

I do think this whole thing is a shame. Especially when you have people like me that went to Target every single day. Then they miss ONE day because of work, only to find out the next day that they sold out.

Highly frustrating.

Oh, by the way: Target is 30 minutes from my house.

Edited by Urdnot Pinkie Pie
  • Brohoof 2

I have to agree. I mean don't get me wrong its your money and you can buy whatever but trading cards? Thats a little too much don't you think just companies milking money off of bronies for something not really worth the $12+ dollars . Plushies and shirts ( other wearable merch ) is fine with me but this sort of thing doesn't bother me at all mainly because I don't like trading cards anyway.

I made a post a long while back about me not having any merchandise of MLP, when I like to collect things of the things I like, but I completely agree. There are some things that are...and stick with me here...

If you're like me, and like to have something to show for being a fan of the show, there are just some things people offer that are "necessary" like say, shirts, posters etc. Things you can actually USE for something. 

When it comes to things like trading cards and things along those lines...it's just milking it for everything they can get, which is sadly the point where things normally start going downhill...

I agree, it's very irritating.

But here's the thing.

Bronies are desperate enough to pay the big bucks for something that is only $9 retail. And it bemuses me. Why waste your money on it when they will get more in stock later? I doubt that this is the only set available. Heck, maybe they put so few in stock in the first place because they knew that people would be trying to make money off their product?

And I didn't know that the DJ-P0n-3 one was only available online... hopefully that changes soon.

• Brohoof 1

I agree, it's very irritating.

But here's the thing.

Bronies are desperate enough to pay the big bucks for something that is only $9 retail. And it bemuses me. Why waste your money on it when they will get more in stock later? I doubt that this is the only set available. Heck, maybe they put so few in stock in the first place because they knew that people would be trying to make money off their product?

And I didn't know that the DJ-P0n-3 one was only available online... hopefully that changes soon.

I'll only pay retail, I don't like to be ripped off or price gouged.  It would be nice if they made things more available, they know its going to sell like hotcakes; why not order more and make more profit?  I've been calling HotTopic everyday since I saw the DJ Pon-3 set online, they still haven't gotten it in yet ):

• Brohoof 1

Personally, my biggest problem collector toy is still the Derpy Vinyl Collectible. I gave up looking for her cheaper than $60 on eBay when all the bidding became greater than $100 over Christmas. Realized instead that it would much better to go to collectible shops in the area, and have each shop call whenever someone would sell Derpy, and drive over every time a call was received. A few days ago, she was being sold at one location for $25, but I missed out because of work. Later, I saw a bid up on eBay from the exact city for a starting bid of $170 and a Buy It Now of $200. (I saw nobody bid on it.) Coincidence? I would hope so. I don't want to think that someone took a $25 item and hoped to squeeze $175 out of it. Today, I got a call I could not go, so I asked a friend to see if he could get it right after they called. He said that as he entered, he saw a man exiting the store with a Derpy. Just my luck. And I happen to see another eBay listing for the vinyl figure priced at $130 from the same city. :P-

We will meet someday, Derpy!

Ahem, er, anyway...I really hope Hasbro realizes that many bronies are missing out. If people are that willing to pay hundreds of dollars on collectible items that are not available in stores, then Hasbro is seriously losing out.

Edited by Aurum
  • Brohoof 1

Personally, my biggest problem collector toy is still the Derpy Vinyl Collectible. I gave up looking for her cheaper than $60 on eBay when all the bidding became greater than $100 over Christmas. Realized instead that it would much better to go to collectible shops in the area, and have each shop call whenever someone would sell Derpy, and drive over every time a call was received. A few days ago, she was being sold at one location for $25, but I missed out because of work. Later, I saw a bid up on eBay from the exact city for a starting bid of $170 and a Buy It Now of $200. (I saw nobody bid on it.) Coincidence? I would hope so. I don't want to think that someone took a $25 item and hoped to squeeze $125 out of it. Today, I got a call I could not go, so I asked a friend to see if he could get it right after they called. He said that as he entered, he saw a man exiting the store with a Derpy. Just my luck. And I happen to see another eBay listing for the vinyl figure priced at $130 from the same city. :P-

We will meet someday, Derpy!

Ahem, er, anyway...I really hope Hasbro realizes that many bronies are missing out. If people are that willing to pay hundreds of dollars on collectible items that are not available in stores, then Hasbro is seriously losing out.

Wow, that must be so incredibly frustrating for you.

Just think about how much more money they could make if they simply mass-produced more of those figures. So much more profit, and people won't sell them for hundreds of dollars! Simple as that... I think.

But yeah, I only pay retail. If I pay for an individual trading card, I will pay equal to or less than what is listed on Toywiz's website. But if I buy a vinyl Derpy toy, if I have to get it off eBay, I am going to only get it for a few dollars more. Bronies need to stop giving jerks money.