Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Babs Seed-should we really forgive her?

Caramel Apple

Yes,Because she bullied them because she was scared. Also she didnt beat CutieMarkCrusaders (correct me if i am wrong) or nothing ultra bad like that. And also in the apple family reunion we can see that she is better and she helps other blank flanks in manehattan.

Edited by GamerLuna7

She was just a confused filly that didn't know what to do and didn't know how to release her anger/sorrow from previous bullies. I'd forgive her, and I'm sure she learned that being a bully isn't fun ether, you just lose possible friends. 

Well, it's kinda both.

I mean, just because she was bullied back in her old place doesn't mean we should be all nice to her and let her bully the CMC like that.  Sometimes people use sympathy against you just to make you feel bad. Honestly, she should be punished. In the end, when the CMC do one thing to her, they actually get more punishment than Babs did. A bit unfair, don't you think? I'm tired of people getting off scot-free just because they have a pity-me story. Of course I forgive Babs, but she still needs a punishment for what she did. She got off scot-free. They forgive her, but Babs herself doesn't receive a punishment. 

The CMC need to be taught a lesson as well, but not as bad as Babs. But at least in the end she turned out nice. So I'll forgive her, but she needs to learn that she can't get away with bullying like that. In the end she turned out to be an awesome character though. ;) 

Well, it's kinda both.

I mean, just because she was bullied back in her old place doesn't mean we should be all nice to her and let her bully the CMC like that.  Sometimes people use sympathy against you just to make you feel bad. Honestly, she should be punished. In the end, when the CMC do one thing to her, they actually get more punishment than Babs did. A bit unfair, don't you think? I'm tired of people getting off scot-free just because they have a pity-me story. Of course I forgive Babs, but she still needs a punishment for what she did. She got off scot-free. They forgive her, but Babs herself doesn't receive a punishment. 

The CMC need to be taught a lesson as well, but not as bad as Babs. But at least in the end she turned out nice. So I'll forgive her, but she needs to learn that she can't get away with bullying like that. In the end she turned out to be an awesome character though. ;)

I agree that babs does deserve some short of punishment.Nothing to huge,but still something ,like being a lower rank CMC and having to do what other CMC order him for a little while.

• Brohoof 2

It would seem to me that the obvious answer is yes. We have forgiven characters for far worse wrong doings in this series. Can anyone tell me in all honesty that if this thread were titled "Princess Luna Should we Really Forgive Her" that you would say no? I would say trying to take over the world and plunging it into eternal night is a bit worse than anything Babs has or could even possibly do. So if we can forgive Luna then yes I say we can forgive Babs.

• Brohoof 1

ummm the cmc felt bad themselves babs felt really bad to punishment sorta makes it worse.....  ive never thought punishment fixes the problem when there already feeling terrible... they said sorry love and tolerate.... apple bloom and babs seed are family...

ummm the cmc felt bad themselves babs felt really bad to punishment sorta makes it worse.....  ive never thought punishment fixes the problem when there already feeling terrible... they said sorry love and tolerate.... apple bloom and babs seed are family...  and forgive  but dont forget ... i mean if d.t and s.p :P apoligized even through they've bullied alot I think we should to but bad seed only bullied for one episode ..

ummm the cmc felt bad themselves babs felt really bad to punishment sorta makes it worse.....  ive never thought punishment fixes the problem when there already feeling terrible... they said sorry love and tolerate.... apple bloom and babs seed are family...  and forgive  but dont forget ... i mean if d.t and s.p :P apoligized even through they've bullied alot I think we should to but bad seed only bullied for one episode ..

She was a scared little kid, and I don't think any theoretical punishment would further drive home a lesson she already learned and a mistake she's already ashamed of. Chores or fixing things she broke to repay the people she troubled in a practical way, maybe, but anything else just sounds like gluttony for vengeance.

I watched the whole episode, and I've decided that Babs Seed should not be forgiven. That being said she does deserve a second chance. I say this because Babs Seed herself did many terrible things, and all of which she was never so much as even given a slap on the wrist for it. The CMC feeling that their problems would only continue. Decided to seek out justice for themselves in terms of the booby-trapped float. Keep in mind that in order for that plan to work, Babs Seed would have had to have stolen it. If she didn't,nothing would have happened because of it. Besides the CMC had a timer so that the booby trap would only go off at a specific time so only Babs Seed would be affected.

Much of the conflict arises from the fact that Babs Seed never made ammends for her crimes. A simple 30 second montage of Babs Seed helping rebuild the float, buy them new milkshakes, and generally working to better herself would have been fine. If a person is truly sorry for what they have done they will try to make things right. In Babs Seed's case no such effort was made. It seems that the moral of the episode is "bullying is bad, unless you have a sob story then it's okay"! I disagree with the writer when she states that what the CMC was doing was in effect bullying in itself. That can't be further from the truth. In a just world people who commit crimes are expected to face justice. That's like saying parents who punish their children for stuff like theft and vandalism are bullies too. Try to think how this has any real world applications in the Justice System. It simply doesn't. I am also shocked that the writer would even suggest that in the wake of Amanda Todd's suicide. Of which I am sure that many emember that most of the bullies that bullied her, were also just going with the flow.

A lot of the things that Babs Seed did, was pretty bad. Even Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon never took it to the degree that Babs Seed did. However the episode is a product of the writers feelings about morality. The problem isn't so much with Babs Seed as a character than it is with the writer who protrayed her, and gave us the poor resolution to the conflict with even poorer reasons behind it. I wonder what the writer would do if their child came home beaten and bloodied from a bully who was "just going with the flow", and didn't want to be bullied themselves. Would they tell their child to not seek justice? To forgive the bully who has victimized them, and give them a free pass without any consequence? Remember that the writer made the CMC forgive Babs Seed, not because it's realistic, but because the writer was demonstrating their own view of morality. Using the CMC and Babs Seed to illustrate for us. Our conflicts with Babs Seed is a conflict of morality in truth. I do not agree with the writer, and will never. Not as long as I value justice.

So in the end I see that the problems were with the writing. I know how much we all want to support the writers of the show, but I can't in this instance. I would talk more about this, but I feel that it's essentially useless and won't change anything.

I watched the whole episode, and I've decided that Babs Seed should not be forgiven. That being said she does deserve a second chance. I say this because Babs Seed herself did many terrible things, and all of which she was never so much as even given a slap on the wrist for it. The CMC feeling that their problems would only continue. Decided to seek out justice for themselves in terms of the booby-trapped float. Keep in mind that in order for that plan to work, Babs Seed would have had to have stolen it. If she didn't,nothing would have happened because of it. Besides the CMC had a timer so that the booby trap would only go off at a specific time so only Babs Seed would be affected.

Giving someone a second chance IS forgiving them.

For the record, the CMC never sought out justice. They were going for revenge in hopes of making Babs squirm after everything she put them through. Of course, in the end, both parties came to gripes that this conflict of theirs made any of them happy despite the false sense of confidence Babs had acquired prior to her epiphany.

Much of the conflict arises from the fact that Babs Seed never made ammends for her crimes. A simple 30 second montage of Babs Seed helping rebuild the float, buy them new milkshakes, and generally working to better herself would have been fine. If a person is truly sorry for what they have done they will try to make things right. In Babs Seed's case no such effort was made. It seems that the moral of the episode is "bullying is bad, unless you have a sob story then it's okay"! I disagree with the writer when she states that what the CMC was doing was in effect bullying in itself. That can't be further from the truth. In a just world people who commit crimes are expected to face justice. That's like saying parents who punish their children for stuff like theft and vandalism are bullies too. Try to think how this has any real world applications in the Justice System. It simply doesn't. I am also shocked that the writer would even suggest that in the wake of Amanda Todd's suicide. Of which I am sure that many emember that most of the bullies that bullied her, were also just going with the flow.

The conflict arose from Babs' fear that if she didn't join Diamond Tiara's side, she would be mocked relentlessly like how she was back home in Manehattan. You are callous and foolish to think that she committed any sort of crime, and no, slander out of fear doesn't count. The CMC's desire to take revenge upon Babs does not mean they are doing anyone else justice and it never will. Seriously, think about how Babs descended into being a bully in the first place. She had nowhere else to turn to except becoming the bully herself. To say that she didn't try to make "amends" regardless is insane as well. Take a look at what Sweetie Belle tried to do all this time - she was the only one willing to tell AJ about their problems and in the end, Babs ended up showing real regret and sorrow for her actions. She also realized that DT's influence was extremely negative and that she no longer had to take in her shit just to gratify herself.

And way to compare small apples and big oranges with the Amanda Todd reference. You realize that Amanda had it tougher than any filly in Equestria would ever have to face, right? No. You don't. So good luck with your absurd notion that everything in Equestria is exactly the same as the real world.

...Not as long as I value justice.

Judging from this post of yours, you know nothing about justice. You don't even value it. Go and take Understanding Canadian Law, and you'll see that reforming someone if more important than punishing them. THAT is true justice. Babs was not a killer, nor was she a witch. She was a troubled filly who was fortunate enough to set forth her own resolve virtuoso of the CMC's sympathy and Applejack's understanding of the entire thing when it was all said and done.

Babs is not a criminal. She doesn't need to provide community service in order to prove that she's sorry, because if this were a civil lawsuit, this would have been solved out of court regardless because it was ultimately over trivial matters.

Edited by Alfonzo Dennard