Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S09:E10 - Going to Seed

MangoFoalix

Was the episode good?  

83 users have voted

1. 1. How was the episode?

• THE GREAT SEEDLING IS REAL!!! (loved it)
    • Well, I think the great seedling might be real (liked it)
    • Nah, it can't be real (meh)
    • The great seedling is just a waste of time (disliked it)
    • The great seedling is just an old mares tale and no one should ever believe in it (hated it)

Title: Going to Seed

Air Date: June 1, 2019

Written by: Dave Rapp

Synopsis: "Applejack's plans for an orderly harvest go awry when Apple Bloom becomes obsessed with catching a magical creature she thinks can help them."

Watch Live and chat with us on EquestriaTV in the CMC Clubhouse 

Bingo Thread - Click here to join in (just for fun) 

latest?cb=20190422182142

• Brohoof 9

• This topic was pinned and featured
14 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

"Applejack's plans for an orderly harvest go awry when Apple Bloom becomes obsessed with catching a magical creature she thinks can help them."

In a land of talking unicorns Apple Bloom becomes obsessed with catching a different magical creature.  :P

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Bas said:

The episode was at least OK. It had quite some surprises, albeit maybe small ones, and I did think the ending would be different than what it was.

Am I allowed to talk about it in spoilers before the official US air date?

If you're going to, put them in a spoiler box with the eye button.

A 'magical creature' you say? Given that Equestria has magic all over the place, this creature would need to be extremely rare. Otherwise, it would just be another creature capable of using magic, a common occurrence.

• Brohoof 4

There's a scene in the episode where

Spoiler

A Flashback actually showed Bright Mac helping Young Big Mac (who has his Cutie Mark) and Baby Apple Bloom in the basket of Pear Butter or Buttercup as that was the name she used in the Family before the Apple Siblings would learn the truth about their mother's heritage. Nice touch of showing that at the very least Apple Bloom was around before the Pearents were strongly implied to have lost their lives some time after. 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

There's a scene in the episode where

Hide contents

A Flashback actually showed Bright Mac helping Young Big Mac (who has his Cutie Mark) and Baby Apple Bloom in the basket of Pear Butter or Buttercup as that was the name she used in the Family before the Apple Siblings would learn the truth about their mother's heritage. Nice touch of showing that at the very least Apple Bloom was around before the Pearents were strongly implied to have lost their lives some time after. 

Spoiler

Not sure where Applebloom would have come from otherwise.

Didn't watch this one yet because I like the spacing out of episodes. Applejack's face looks a little off in that promo pic.

(edited)

I get the feeling that Applejack wants to treat Apple Bloom like she's her DAUGHTER! Because ever since their Pearants died, Apple Bloom was immediately adopted by Applejack! I mean, it's like in DuckTales, and how Della Duck leaving into space thrust Donald Duck into a more responsible role of FATHER Figure to Jet, Turbo, and Rebel, or as we call them because they're the only words people can understand from the quacker, Huey, Dewey and Louie. He never wanted the boys to lead a life of adventure, but to rather be lazy, productive, and NORMAL! But the Duck Family is anything but normal. And in Applejack's eyes, she'll always be her little sister. But at least Applejack is like a combination of Donald Duck and Goofy, both are responsible parents, and Goofy just wanted so badly to be a part of Max's life, but Max just wanted Goofy to let go. I only wish that Teenage Apple Bloom doesn't end up like that.

Great. Between @Will Guide's comparison to Bradley Uppercrust III from the last episode, and this, I suddenly wanna watch A Goofy Movie and An Extremely Goofy Movie again. If you think this comparison is not spot on, let me know.

Edited by YoshiAngemon
  • Brohoof 1

Great Seedling.

This episode has my full attention~

• Brohoof 1

Just now, PathfinderCS said:

Great Seedling.

This episode has my full attention~

You ever stop to think that it could be BIg Mac trying to do things at night, only to fall into every trap? Or that Linus's Mom made up the Great Pumpkin to stop her baby boy Linus from being scared on Halloween? Seems stupid

Hey, we saw Buttercup and Bright Mac! Looks like a soft retcon of “Where the Apple Lies,” where AJ and Max were much older and Apple Bloom was seemingly not born yet. Apple family history is a mess.

• Brohoof 3

7 minutes ago, YoshiAngemon said:

You ever stop to think that it could be BIg Mac trying to do things at night, only to fall into every trap? Or that Linus's Mom made up the Great Pumpkin to stop her baby boy Linus from being scared on Halloween? Seems stupid

Meh; I'm still gonna say he exists. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Wow, Applejack was one my least favorite characters but that episode really made me respect her character. That was fun and a cool episode

• Brohoof 2

To be honest, this was an episode that I wasn't all that excited for.  It didn't sound bad or anything, but it just looked like it was going to be your regular run of the mill Apple family episode.

After watching Going to Seed, I found that it was a cute episode

Sleepy Big Mac was adorable, I also liked how he was like just done with shenanigans the entire episode, and it was sweet seeing Apple Bloom and Applejack having fun together trying to catch the great seedling.  But what I liked most about the episode was how Applejack was portrayed.  I got a real vibe of her whole having to grow up at a young age here, which is the aspect of her character that I find to be rather interesting, and I really enjoyed being portrayed here.  Definitely a pretty good episode in my book.

• Brohoof 2