211 users have voted

1. 1. Your final episode rating

• Seinfeld - Hated It
    • Game of Thrones - Not a Fan
    • Lost - It was okay I guess
    • Star Trek TNG - A great way to say goodbye
    • Breaking Bad - Oh Man ... I’m not crying .... <3 Perfect Way to End

On 2020-10-24 at 8:54 PM, MysticWolficorn said:

I was a little bit disapointed that Appledash was canon because other ships had way more potential and chemistry.

Except it wasn’t positively canon. The show runners said it was up to fans to interpret the scene the way they wanted. 

• 8 months later...
On 2022-12-31 at 11:22 AM, Gale Wind said:

Except it wasn’t positively canon. The show runners said it was up to fans to interpret the scene the way they wanted. 

Glad for that, since I’m a hard Soarinjack fan :oh_golly:

anyway, I may have not posted this when G5 premiered, but I want to take my two cents here: Many are still upset G5 is a distant sequel to FIM. Reasons are many, but I’m sure a frequent one is keeping FIM as a sacred artifact to remain untouched. I on the other hand am happy G5 is a sequel. I was afraid what was shown in ANG was merely bait, an in-universe fictional story, but I got happy the writers put that to rest in MYM chapter 2’s final trailer, getting the point across it was undoubtedly a sequel. This is the end for many, but for me, in either scenario that it’s the end of FIM period, or make a direct continuation (preferably this latter), is this:

Spoiler

Just to keep up with my personal forum tradition

Edited by Steve Piranha

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe it's because of everything going on around me these days, or just that I have trouble accepting change, but I very much disliked the episode.

First of all, the good. Spike grow (and glow) up was nice to see. He finally became the best version of himself and how he saw himself in his dreams. The Mane Six having acheived everything they wanted was nice to see, and reminds me that everything is possible in life. The song at the end with all the characters we love was nice to see, they didnt miss anyone. What a ride this show was.

Now the bad. As a recurring thing throughout season 9, I very much hated how they turned Twilight into Celestia, in everything but the color scheme. She seemed less and less like herself, with her quirks and her flaws (whoch according to a certain song is what makes us special), and more like the all-knowing princesss Celestia that gives lessons to everyone. And now she has truly evolved into her final Celestia form, and I just couldnt recognize her. I felt like everything I loved about her had been drawn over by the ruler role. Then theres the Mane Six showing signs of aging. I just couldn't. I know it's a logical step to take in a time skip to show that your characters grew, but not them, not my little ponies. I think that has more to do with me right now, but I just hated it.

Overall, I'd say it's a good enough end to the serie, and with how thing were going amd developping at the time, the only logical conclusion. But it's not for me. I skipped half of season 9 just to see that one final episode, but I can say for certain that for me, this show will certainly end at episode 25, after the last battle. I will forever keep the memories of how the Mane Six and Equestria was at the end of this arc, and entirely disregard the time skip.

Thank you for joining me in this Ted Talk :mlp_smile:

• Hugs 1

Say what you want about Twily and Spike design choices, it was fucking beatiful, i literally never expected to actually cry with Mlp ever, thank you for everything Lauren and Hasbro, this show changed my life for the past months in a way i can't even explain it.

I understand anyone that complains about the ending, but for me, i'm super sastified with what we got.

A great season...and a great final to a great show from the past decade.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

50 minutes ago, GloryForShame said:

I understand anyone that complains about the ending, but for me, i'm super sastified with what we got.

A great season...and a great final to a great show from the past decade.

Glad you liked it. I really wanted to like it, and I can even say that it's objectively a great finale for a great show. Everything tied up smoothly and neatly, everything as they were meant to be. :P

• Brohoof 1

Ok thirst things first, loved the ending quite emotional, but more importantly Spike. His voice, at least to me, does not match his new vagatarian BODY! *clears throat* sorry.

All I'm saying is that it felt weird. Same thing here as for episode 24+25 I have very little to say. And as I said in that reply I did not watch the whole of season 9 only ep 1+2 and 24+25 and 26.

At least for now, maybe I'll watch the episodes. Feels like thats something I might do, and maybe even post my thoughts. No promises. 

My reason for being hesitant to watch the last seasons was cuz I was a bit bored with the show, and felt that I did'nt care anymore. Now it is pretty clear that I do still care, and I am happy that this TV Show got a proper ending, unlike other shows. Same reason I still remember Gravity Falls so well, not only was it a great show, but the people making the show respected it enough to give it a proper ending, a proper send off if you will. 

Once again I know it did not exactly stay like that, but again not super interested in supporting a show I've lost interest in, and not just that. It's not the same people anymore. Thats something to keep in mind when asking to get the old show back or to be able to play the same old game again. The people who made it what it was is not there anymore, both literally and figurativly, and you aren't the same person anymore either. Not saying 'You think you do but you don't' just be carefull with what you wish for. 

Yeah, kinda got a bit sidetracked there but thats okey. I do really like how they mane 6 look more grown up and yet still so much the same. Because growing up should not rob you of yourself, and yeah thats kinda then whole lesson with the episode. 

Nothing stays the same, and that is alright, and sometimes even good. At the time being things might feel bad and maybe not everything as it should, but with time things can, and most likely will get better.