The Last Poll  

211 users have voted

1. 1. Your final episode rating

• Seinfeld - Hated It
    • Game of Thrones - Not a Fan
    • Lost - It was okay I guess
    • Star Trek TNG - A great way to say goodbye
    • Breaking Bad - Oh Man ... I’m not crying .... <3 Perfect Way to End

As I've said before in the Twilight/Starlight fight Twilight uses several times the magic Starlight does (if you count up all the spells and compare their fighting) and they both tire out at the same time. In raw power Twilight wins whereas Starlight is better at fighting.

I haven't seen it yet,but I heard "How The Magic of Friendship Grows", and ugly cried the whole time. I'm waiting 'til Season 9 comes to Netflix. I know it's on YouTube, but I'm scared I'm gonna ugly cry even more. and omg, Lil' Cheese is just as cute as Baby Yoda.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Late for the party huh? It doesn't matter as of now. With the end of the year I end the show too. After the big finale (the two parter), a calm Epilogue was expected and it was so. I will say a little about Season 9 in retrospect but the details remain within the episodes themselves where I've made long enough post for The Ending of The End. If there is a thread about final words like a retrospect of the whole show I will definitely post this as the final of the final post regarding the episodes (if not I might add one here later).

THE EPILOGUE (episode 222 or 26th of Season 9), starts with Many Moons later... and what do we see:

Dragons (even these fat bully-like that would hate ponies in the past) staying in Ponyville.

Spoiler

MLPFiM-Se9-ep222-TheLastProblem.thumb.jpg.c42701d9b41c68fd97fd38b1eb890cf7.jpg

And I will not hesitate to strike with what I dislike overall and confess my dislikes regardless. So here we go.

Spike to me was OK as a character sometimes he's been the punch bag, people absolutely hated episodes where he looked like a joke, but I never cared about him from the whole show. Few episodes I enjoyed with him, in the rest, I'm not really caring. But now we see MANY MOONS later... this grown up look and let me tell you... I don't like his look and edgy chin, not in this grown up look, looks ugly. Maybe Dragons are made to not look good but there are cute ones like Ember and Smoulder.

Spoiler

MLPFiM-Se9-ep222-TheLastProblem2.thumb.jpg.e544bd6acdb89da86db556539b5e5f92.jpg

Princess (why not Queen?) Twilight Sparkle, the mare, looks prettier than ever! Not only did she grow up to the point to have the long mane, long horn and long wings that Celestia and Luna had, but now is seen as spreading wisdom to her student the way once Celestia taught Twilight in Season 1.

Look how the windows decoration now reflect the latest story, the imprisonment of Chrysalis (ahh I will miss you), Tirek and Cozy into stone but the right shows her coronation.

Spoiler

MLPFiM-Se9-ep222-TheLastProblem3.thumb.jpg.52f7c35a3956a322a5200d528a7b2a4d.jpg

Then we are returned back to the story right after the Ending of the End where we see how each of the Mane 6 is preparing their special routine, RD with the complex routine by Spitfire, Fluttershy with preparing animals from the sanctuary and the others.

Then comes the sad part with how the Mane 6 could part ways... tbh Im not watching for these anymore, I want action and awesome moments, but anyways..The coronation starts with some funny moments that made me chuckle and this is an interesting background by animators with all the creatures here:

Spoiler

MLPFiM-Se9-ep222-TheLastProblem4.thumb.jpg.7367944e120a971b6dea611ec1a76f5f.jpg

And who do we see? Capper, Tempest, the Hyppogryphs, the Pillars and all the rest.

Spoiler

MLPFiM-Se9-ep222-TheLastProblem5.thumb.jpg.212347a88e3afdd93fe008e8fc3374f2.jpg

Yes we had these funny moments in the messy coronation event.

And then the present is shown and the Mane 5 look... old and I mean look at the wrinkes... ah I would miss the Fluttershy I knew, look Rarity has grey mane partially, Rainbow Dash changed the mane style to Spitfire's and again, will miss her rainbow spiky long mane... all wrinkled Does that mean that they physically stop changing that much after certain old age? You know Celestia and Luna were for thousands Moons and look they look amazing. Apparently aging happens to Earth/ordinary ponies?

Spoiler

MLPFiM-Se9-ep222-TheLastProblem6.thumb.jpg.700feac147e379f2d0058a9842c570b1.jpg

Oh look the Lyra-Bon-bon.. OLDer.. Startlight and Professor Sunburst too. My look - grown up Silverstream!

Spoiler

MLPFiM-Se9-ep222-TheLastProblem7.thumb.jpg.db161c07a7371ea02756c83c164d27f1.jpg

Wrinkly Trixie.. and CMCs are now the age of the Mane 6 at Season 1? Finally some Chirens at the school. And oh Big Mac... Uncle Big Mac and Sweety Belle. Yona like a princess now.

Spoiler

MLPFiM-Se9-ep222-TheLastProblem8.thumb.jpg.d997ef25217580911479de78550a24b0.jpg

MLPFiM-Se9-ep222-TheLastProblem9.thumb.jpg.d347678d8625ab3dd6091b96585eadee.jpg

Then we see chars like Daring Do or Stygian but they are now on some drawing flat paper. Ah:

THE END

Season 9 retrospect

The Season was probably from the best but let me say why. I do not remember what old 90's MLP was but I did not like or care about it. When I watched Season 1 of MLP FiM it was because I found the ponies cute but Season 1's learning and slice of life quickly became boring to me. I don't know what is it that attracts the audience, episodes that are about learning a lesson? You have kids? You want nice lessons for them for an episode to be good? I dont care about these, if A Royal Wedding Season 2 finale, Twilight's Kingdom in Se4, Cutie Re-mark in Se5 to keep my interest with such high stakes episodes, I don't know if I would have watched the show for all seasons. I still enjoy all the episodes in between but these things had to be. I watched just now Star Wars Ep 9 in a theater, as cheesy as it is on moments, im looking for something that really makes me thrill, whether LotR or Star wars, or anything like that.

That's why perhaps MLP might not be what im looking any further... but it was OK while it lasted. Anyway. a season is best for me (in any show) when  there's a Villains league and things happen throughout the season. 

Season 8 did a bit of that with the Mean 6 but that was it, the whole evil Chancellor  Neighsay (perhaps reminding of Harry Potter's Severus Snape) was not what I wanted to see ultimately.

The Beginning of the End, Uprooted made this huge and anticipated union of villains, that continued to excite throughout the season with Frenemies, The Summer Sun Setback only to get ruined a lot by The End of the End PLOT TWIST, I did say here you can do everything when Discord can do everything... just kills the purpose of having some things liek villains when they can be teleported out and in whenever he wants to.

And the rest of the episodes... Common Ground Gosh I dont give a CRAP about Quibble Pants, A Trivial Pursuit, Going to Seed - remove these and you didn't need to twist the plot with Discord/Grogar as you'd have time, instead of the fillers.

There were some nice eps like Sweet and Smoky, She Talks to Angel, Daring Doubt I had some remarks about how it ended, overall not bad but not eps I cared the most.

As for the rest NO. JUST GIVE ME the Palpatine and have someone else that godly, stop with this DEUS EX MACHNINA characters that turn good...

Which is why I might be done with this type of show, it was the only cartoon I watched anyway.

Curse you and your pictures it was like a tour walking through the streets of your childhood and seeing those you knew as children and young adults have grown older and have moved on becoming the older generation it brought tears to my eyes again.

1 hour ago, Menchi said:

Bro, does anyone know if AppleDash is truly canon? Everyone keeps saying it is, but no staff (I've seen) has said that it is.medium.jpeg

It is implied and left to the viewer to interpret. If I say, they are married, I would be correct. If you say they are just friends, you would be correct. Barthes and all that jazz. 

• Brohoof 2

I have to rewatch this episode for spitfire because it just occured to me the Apple sisters are wearing clothing from family members who have passed away so maybe Dash's new hairstyle is her way of remembering a mentor who has also died in the time skip. Spitfire didn't really have a clothing item she wore apart from her uniform so Dash went with her hairstyle instead.

Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle,

Thank you for dragging me back to my life, saving me from myself, and giving me another reason to stay sober.

Before I discovered that Friendship is Magic, I didn't particularly like to face life without a drink in hand or a pill in me, and I felt no confidence to talk to anyone at all..

Now that it's over, I can talk to others, reach out, and feel no hesitation in sharing an opinion with anyone. I can write, I can sing, I can help where before I didn't believe it was possible. So, thank you.

Your faithful student,
~Andy

Whew. I, uh... I just finished the last episode. Finally caught up, finally done. And I expected it to hurt! But it hurts even more than I anticipated! Not sure what to do with myself at the moment, but maybe I'll get back into the comics! I only read a couple of them. I thought that episode was a beautiful way to end the show. The book of moving pictures with the images from season 1 was the first thing to make me shed a tear, and because of that lovely song I was watching the end through tears. I even watched it again so I could take it in better and cried even more the second time!

I'm so happy to have been a part of this journey, and I'm so glad that there is such a big community in which we can all celebrate this show. I hope to continue to enjoy pony content in the years to come! Maybe we'll even get a G5 someday! Anyway, I'm going to go stew in my feelings now. Much love to the show staff and to the fandom that's made this series such a wonderful phenomenon! /)*(\

twilightsmile.gif.1e19a2213e8d1fb3fabdcedc3c3e7763.gif

Gif Credit

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched the final a few days ago. It was the only episode I haven't watched in the whole 9 seasons, I didn't want to end the series in my mind, but I was curious. 

Yeah, I didn't skip the intro for this time. Yeah, I felt bad when the mane 6 cried together. I was okay until the song. But, I couldn't hold it anymore when the song started. After the episode ended, I looked to my blank screen for like a few minutes. I don't know, I was sad because it ended, but I am happy because it ended very good.

I'm glad I asked to myself ''why these adults watch mlp? i will try it too'' back in 2016. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly hate this episode, the very condescending way Twilight and Spike talk to Luster, it seems more that they are making fun of her than listening to the problem she has. I just don't like the answer to Luster's problem, don't you have friends? then you are obliged to do them. Luster's problem is valid, but Twilight reacts as if it wasn't, I mean, it's a damn magic school !! teach about it and don't complain because a student can't make a damn friend. And I think that this is also partly a consequence of the relationship between Celestia and Twilight, which at first was like the normal relationship between any teacher and their student, the fault is also the fandom because they projected their relationship with a mother and daughter, and indeed the writers ended up projecting that on the show, and now the relationship between Twilight and Luster is supposed to be similar to that of Celestia and Twilight, and that's exactly my problem here, Luster should drop out from Twilight's school because focuses on something completely foreign to what school should be, not being sent to Ponyville after a story of how the little princess Twilight was crowned and blah blah blah, and completely change her mind, things do not work that way.

And that comment from Spike to Twilight '' Is that your best student? I am not going to explain how it made me feel, because the phrase is horrible in itself, but I want to hit him. He was treating Luster Dawn like she was a fool, and that was the last straw for me in the episode. Is that supposed to be Twilight's royal adviser? I wouldn't be surprised if Twilight was a horrible ruler, because that's how I feel about her in this episode.

sorry if there is any grammatical error or whatever.

Edited by Jane

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for giving me some meaning to my life. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this amazing, creative, and overall truly magically fandom. Some of the nicest ponies in the world I've met here on these forums and in other pony-related spaces. Without you or this show, I would have never had some of the fantastic experiences I've had, such as attending my first MLP convention last summer, or even just being a member on these here forums and interacting with ponies from all over the world. I am truly grateful for this wonderful chapter of my life that would not have happened otherwise.    

Before I discovered that Friendship is Magic, I was just another person. I didn't know what I missing out on or all the ponies that I would come to meet in my time with this community. I honestly can't image my life right now without ponies in it. All the stories that I never would have read. All the wonderful characters that I would have never seen. All the ponies I wouldn't have even met. It's crazy to try and imagine that.

Now that it's over, I have come to truly appreciate how wonderful this experience has been. I've come to appreciate the fun things in life more, and I've become more aware of both good and bad relationships that I've had, and I've tried my best to surround myself with only the good. I'll always have this show and the ponies who taught me their friendship lessons to re-watch for countless years into the future. I also look forwards towards the future of this whole MLP thing itself and the fandom, knowing that we've been left in good hooves. My future looks bright, and I'll always have the magic of friendship of the ponies I meet along the way to help guide me to my dreams. Because friendship truly is magic.  

Your faithful student,
~Isaiah (KoC)

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like I was able to grow up and develop as a person with these ponies, who took such good care of me through my hardest years...and to see them saying goodbye...I truly felt like I was letting a big part of me go. Any real critique I have of it is merely due to my sadness about it ending and holding onto any possible loose ends. Other than that, it was a beautiful ending. 

Personally, I needed the time skip to get a real sense of completion, you know? I won't have to be left wondering. I'm the kind of person who needs that from TV shows and movies. And the possibility that AJ and RD ended up together in the end? :wub: What a perfect addition! 

All in all, it left me there, satisfied with all of the time and love I've poured into this show, as well as everything it's done for me. Thank you, My Little Pony. Tanks for the memories. :rarity:

<3

On 5/14/2020 at 9:44 AM, Lunar Glow said:

I feel like I was able to grow up and develop as a person with these ponies, who took such good care of me through my hardest years...and to see them saying goodbye...I truly felt like I was letting a big part of me go. Any real critique I have of it is merely due to my sadness about it ending and holding onto any possible loose ends. Other than that, it was a beautiful ending. 

Personally, I needed the time skip to get a real sense of completion, you know? I won't have to be left wondering. I'm the kind of person who needs that from TV shows and movies. And the possibility that AJ and RD ended up together in the end? :wub: What a perfect addition! 

All in all, it left me there, satisfied with all of the time and love I've poured into this show, as well as everything it's done for me. Thank you, My Little Pony. Tanks for the memories. :rarity:

<3

me2:(

(edited)

It's safe to say that with all that has happened in the story of mlp so far that the main 6 goal was the magic of friendship and then to top it off saying twilight can't ever see her friends again no matter what was dumb I mean they never had that problem before and now they make it seem like it is impossible after the strong bonds as friends they all share

Thanks lauren Faust 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡.I really loved your inspiration of having awesome friends but to take a shit on all that at the end was not cool

I mean it's like in real life when really close friends live far apart and don't physically meet up in person they still can make contact through cell phones why not make contact through spike when he burped up letters to celestia it's just dumb

Edited by Rainbowdash69

Most of the season sucked. Especially the main arc. It’s disgusting how so many fans have such low standards as to totally approve of what these new writers have done to the show.

(edited)

Thank you for moving to Ponyville. Without that act this show would never have happen.

Before I discovered that Friendship is Magic, I was rather childish. I was immature and anything but social. 9 years later, I am far more grown up and know what my talents are. I'm still not great at socializing, but I am getting there.

Now that it's over, I am heartbroken, but I have so much to look forward. My writings, my friends and whatever MLP is coming in 2021. Twilight, Friendship will always be magical.

Your faithful student,
~Darkness Void

No words can express what this show meant to me. Emotions were struck, my heart tugged and grieve over the lost of characters during that time skip. But, that time skip also gives us another reason to keep the show alive. There is so much more to the lives of these characters during that skip and it is up to us, and the comics, books and whatever else, to fill it in.

It's weird seeing the characters aged, and Twi as Celestia. At least she had her own unique face. It worried me the others, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, AJ, Pinkie and Rarity looking older. Are they drawing close to death while Twi is still young? I shudder to wonder! This new Unicorn, she gives way to what I wanted Gen5 to be - in FIM's future. Maybe that's now possible?

Whatever becomes FIM's true end, we will face it together. I feel so confused and worried, yet I also can't wait to see the future. I suppose that's it. Thank you for reading, and may MLP Gen5 be at least enjoyable in its own way.

P.S I really had trouble with WHY TWI HAD TO MOVE while having her own castle. That was never explained. But that aside, I don't have any real problems with this Ep. I am aware that a season 10 poster was released before it was decided to be comics, so I think S9 wasn't going to be the end originally but what do I know? It took TO YESTERDAY to finial see the final.

Edited by Darkness Void
  • Brohoof 1