The Last Poll  

211 users have voted

1. 1. Your final episode rating

• Seinfeld - Hated It
    • Game of Thrones - Not a Fan
    • Lost - It was okay I guess
    • Star Trek TNG - A great way to say goodbye
    • Breaking Bad - Oh Man ... I’m not crying .... <3 Perfect Way to End

I must admit that initially I hated the idea of the epilogue episode, because I thought the best decision would be to leave the future of the characters open to speculation and imagination. Now, after watching it I understand that such episode was necessary to really wrap things up and let them come full circle. And even though the epilogue featured some things I really didn’t want to see, those things were mostly very subtle and didn’t ruin anything for me. As Princess Luna said, “Close enough.” Twilight is the ruler of Equestria, all her friendships are still strong, she has her own student now, and her coronation was a complete disaster. Everything as it should be.

To everyone who finds the finale and the epilogue disappointing: MLP is way bigger than its last episodes. Think of all the enjoyment you got while watching your favorite episodes, think of how all our favorite characters grew and how far they’ve come. And MLP is even bigger than the cartoon itself – it changed people’s lives for the better – think of that too.

To everyone whose headcanons were ruined: I feel you. But remember that certain relationships between characters were deliberately only hinted and are left open to interpretation, so you may still ship whoever you want.

To everyone who is sad because MLP has ended: it’s OK to be sad, it proves that My Little Pony made you happy, and it’s always sad to say goodbye to such things. I hope you find something that’ll make you happy again soon, whether it’s G5, rewatching G4 or trying something completely new.

And to everyone in general: thank you!

• Brohoof 10

The ending with the book closing... just perfect:(

I loved this episode, we learned so much about the future: pinkie is the first one(as far as we know) to have a kid, that was unexpected. Rainbow dash is the new captain of the bolts, spike grew so much, twilight is the new and better celestia and lyra and bonbon officially married thumb.jpeg.52fd678cb4803988cb9bc170b903b260.jpeg

The song was great, not one of the best but it made me tear up a bit so full credit for it. 

So all the different species now live closer together, and luster is a pretty nice pony. Regarding some of the ships, some are canon like pinkie and cheeze while some are implied and up to the fans interpretation like appledash and fluttercord. 

Anyway, fantastic finish to the series, I am so sad that it ended but so happy the ending was so good the show deserved the best finish possible and it had!

• Brohoof 5

Well, no one wanted this time to come, but now we are here. This series meant far more for me than just a cartoon. I am very sorry for being closed, it had and will be in a special place in my heart, me and many other people can thank lots of good things to these little horses. They ended it nice, but I thought all the villains will be reformed, not turned into stone, it's has a little...bitter feeling. I started watching in 2014, so enough time has passed to say it has became part of my life, and now it feels sad it is over. :(
I really hope the fandom will find a way to maintain itself without the series, it would be very sad if it slowly fade away.

9 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I wish that this episode was about what could have happened to the citizens of Ponyville instead of what did happen 

so that the audience would be able to make up their own minds. 

If you really don't like it, just do what I always do. Treat it as just one of the many "What if" futures. I've always been a believer of the multi-universe theory where on some level, every possible outcome exist.

Me, I like the episode, but I can understand not everyone will. 

• Brohoof 1

Also, applejack wearing granys scarf... Nice way to remember her.   Also big mac and sugar belle have a colt.

I have to say, I have no problem with how spike and twilight look like.

Edited by Rushing cash

A satisfactory ending. Its sad to see the show end and to see the gang go but the time has come. A solid finale and a fitting end to the story.

Edited by BoopMan
  • Brohoof 2

The best part to take away from all this is it’s set in stone MLP FIM ended on a high note and all the good it’s done will be fondly remembered for all time. Which is much better then the alternative and have it decline in quality and everyone remembering it as a decaying zombie that won’t ever Rest In Peace.

• Brohoof 2

Admitedly, I am no longer pegasister/brony, haven't been one for some years. And the only reason why I took one and a half hours out of my study time to watch this was because it is the last episode and I suspected that they will do something big with it and the child in me insisted that I watch it live. Yet I am having all the feelzies and giddies and being ridiculously distracted for the entire day just loving the ending.

It was a nice epilogue. For Equestria and the characters. I love how much time has passed (evident by how old the Mane Six (minus Twilight) look and how big Pound and Pumkin are). Rarity mane is greying!!!! They are so old! Plus we finally get to see an actually older CMC.

I saw a Flurry Heart stained glass window in the Throne Room. I didn't get to properly look, is it an old one or a newly added one?

I feel like we really should highlight the fact that Gummy is just gigantic. I know he was a baby aligator but that is huge. 

And shipping. I am satisfied with most of the implied Mane Six shipping. Depite not actively shipping them, FlutterCord and PinkieCheese have always been one of the ships that I do like. Yona and Sandbar I might not ship, but I feel like that dance episode tried to put them together so it is fun to see that potentially being canon. And that they supposedly run Carousel Boutique. But... well. Never really been the one for AppleDash. I may not be against AppleDash exactly, but I am not too onboard with the idea of canon 'Mane Six with Mane Six' shipping. Nothing against shippers, I just like having them all as a collection of friends with no romance involved. But that is an interesting pairing they decided to choose. Of course AppleDash is one of the popular ones, but still and interesting choice. Granted, I feel like AppleDash and FlutterCord are the ship that are very lightly hinted (Flutters can just be hanging out or living with Discord and Rainbow can happen to be with Applejack).

Were those Angel Bunny's family we saw?!?!!??! 

I like seeing Gallus at Canterlot. It is interesting seeing as the other Students are in Ponyville. Do they also have regular meetings? 

And Derpy still dilivers the mail. Good to know (:

And I think Starlight and Sunburst do look younger than Mane Six (I didn't get to pay attention to Trixie). Does that means they are younger?

Would like to know what happened to Maud and Mud Briar. They should have a kid called Sticks and Stones. :P

I like Spike's new look. Throwback to the early seasons. There are plenty of throwbacks in this episode and the last two. It is nice.

Finally, that book ending. That book. Talk about book end endings. As someone here mentioned, it would be nice to have a mini narration bit at the end. Though on the contrary, ending with the song only, is also A+. 

Edited by Lulaypp

The first few verses of the song sums up many people in the fandom myself included, when we first heard of this new iteration of My Little Pony many of us weren't exactly crazy about until we actually gave it a try and that final part of the song that sounded like the intro gave me goosebumps, the song is one of the best songs in the franchise in my opinion.

I'm going to miss this show especially, it seems that shows made between the mid 2000's and the 2010s are ending as reach 2020, I haven't felt this way since Justice League Unlimited ended the DCAU or some the endings of several anime titles I watched in the late 90s. The final episode left us with some concepts of new adventures before the events of the final episode, which we might see in IDW's MLPFIM Season 10.

• Brohoof 2

Something that really bursted my emotional veins. Was the implications Granny Smith and Golden Delicious passed away. The biggest part being they’ve probably reunited with Bright Mac and Buttercup :(

• Brohoof 3

And now here I am.  The real final episode of MLP: FiM.  It's been a long ride, but definitely one that I am glad to have been a part of.  For a while now, I have been wanting the final episode to be an individual slice of life one instead of an two part episode, and for it to focus on wrapping things up, and so this ended up being kinda what I actually wanted for a finale to be like.  I have to say that I really liked this episode a lot.  The episode handled the subject of friendship drifting apart really well, and made me feel very nostalgic towards to the show.  The wrap around segment of Twilight having a student who also didn't believe in the importance of friendship was something that I found to be quite clever.  I also found it clever that the final shot of the show was the book that was opened at the very begging of the show closing.  I also really enjoyed the song here, it was catchy, and sentimental, and I feel did a great job at helping wrap things up on a good note.  I also really enjoyed to see Sunset Shimmer get a cameo in the song.  Like she is now canon to the show, and I really like that.  I also found that it was cute that we saw Lyra and Bon Bon's wedding in the newspaper in the beginning of the episode, and that it was implied Applejack and Rainbow Dash are a couple.  I also liked seeing what everyone was up to in the future.  Overall I loved this episode and found it to be a nice way to end the series.

• Brohoof 3

This epilogue to the series felt very nice, I think it was just a way to say thank you, goodbye and giving a glimpse of what happened after the series.

I was shocked about how the episode's message is that friendships evolve, but they never really die if you take care of them; and at the same time they're showing that Twilight and Spike will outlive the rest of the mane 6.

Other than that, I cannot say it was a top episode, the song was nostalgic but otherwise pretty average.

Question: Am I the only one who didn't care at all about the whole coronation thing?

Edit: One nitpick I have is how they gave those broad shoulders to Spike, he's a dragon, he should look more lizardly IMO.

Edited by DonMaguz
Added a nitpick note I had.
  • Brohoof 5

Wow...what a way to close the book, literally. I mean, seeing everyone grown up just...man...I can't believe it's over, but what a message to end it with. Like I said about the last episode, everyone should watch this episode. It really made me think about friendships in general, how we must strive to maintain them...just...I can't say anything more. 

• Brohoof 1

In the beginning spike mentioned making peace between diamond dogs and something else... thats interesting

Also, there was a cameo of sunset shimmer in the background

Luna saying close enough was a highlight  

Edited by Rushing cash

13 minutes ago, Rushing cash said:

In the beginning spike mentioned making peace between diamond dogs and something else... thats interesting

Also, there was a cameo of sunset shimmer in the background

It was peace between the Diamond Dogs and Abyssinians, which is the race of anthro cats Capper is from. Pretty sure the name was only ever previously mentioned in the comics.

Edited by BastementSparkle
  • Brohoof 4

3 minutes ago, BastementSparkle said:

It was peace between the Diamond Dogs and Abyssinians, which is the race of anthro cats Capper is from. Pretty sure the name was only ever previously mentioned in the comics.

Someone should write a fanfiction about it.

I did enjoy it. I was hoping the ending would have "felt like an ending" and not just any ole episode that happened to be the last one, and it sure felt like the former. It hit that happy medium, one where they don't scratch the surface of what will become of them (leaving it too open-ended about "what happens next", which I'm sure a lot of people were hoping for anyways), but didn't go too far either (Twilight having outlived her friends xD D: ). It was a good "15 years later" kind of thing.

Among my favorite things was introducing Luster Dawn (that's her name?) into the same storyline that Twilight had went through, echoing back to when Twilight was just a student, wondering what friendship could be (wink :trixwink:), being studious, not willing to spend time with friends because of so. Also that cutie mark; a freakin sunrise, like, the beginning of a new day, or in this case, a new story/book/beginning/whatever (though I doubt she'll follow the exact same path Twilight did to princess since Twilight will likely be along for a very long time, unless she rules alongside her).

Certainly seeing the characters more grown (some grown-up, some grown-out D: ... ) was sweet to see, and some with a family too.

The very ending song really resonated, being the last song of the show and all, the finale, the last bit of the show... the way it recaps all the characters and how far they've gone. For some of those who started back in 2010 (for me it was end of 2012), this has been a good several years (possibly close to 10!) we've had to grow as well. Either with friendships and relationships we've made because of MLP, for many perhaps it was from being an artist or writer, or maybe MLP was just that one friend/thing we had to accompany us while we spent those years (cheese alert) laughing, grieving, or whatever it may have been. I don't mean to downplay anyone who joined much more recent, but .... guess I'm trying to make the comparison of having that pet that's been with you for a while (although 5 years really ain't much for a pet :mlp_wat:, but I think this is close enough to what I'm saying). I was more into it when I first started seeing it, although my interest did eventually peak... I digress.

Glad for it to have ended this way, here's to hoping what started here keeps on going.

Edited by WereWolf
  • Brohoof 2

As The End of the End and The Last Problem were aired together as one giant episode, basically a movie, I hope that the MLPF staff won't object to me putting my thoughts about all three episodes into one post here.

I have been quite vocal about my disapproval of the Twilight ruler arc, and I wasn't going into this finale with high hopes, but I gotta say...

my reaction:

Spoiler

What's poning, ponles?

I can't believe we're really here.  The last episode post.  So many emotions.

I am actually completely flabbergasted at how much I loved this finale.  I really didn't expect to.  I didn't like the idea of Twilight being ruler, nor of her moving to Canterlot, but the way they handled it was great, and there was so much about this finale to love.

But before I even get into any of it, let me just air my grievances first, of which there are really only two.

#1: The Castle

It has really upset for me some time that Twilight had to move to Canterlot.  After all, the Castle of Friendship was her f*cking castle.  I just don't understand why she couldn't rule from her castle in Ponyville.  There's no logical reason why she couldn't.  Going in, I felt like having her leave her castle was akin to taking a big, steaming dump on the entire show, and furthermore, I felt like she belonged as headmare of the School of Friendship.  I felt like having her leave the school would be exactly like if Professor X had opened his school for mutants, then just one year later, left to be president of the United States.  Lame.  That still annoys me a bit, especially that she had to leave her castle, and yet, the way they did it was actually pretty great, and helped me accept it.  More on that a bit later.

#2: The Tree

This is by far my biggest grievance and unfulfilled wish.  I hated that the Tree of Harmony didn't have a role in the end.  I felt that the ToH was one of the most important series long arcs, especially given the developments in Shadow Play and What Lies Beneath, and to have it just die and never really do anything else just plain sucked.  I mean, it's not really dead, but all it did was make a stupid treehouse, which literally turned out to be nothing more than a hangout, and that's it.  Revealing the tree's sapience was one of the biggest developments of the show, and then it just went nowhere and was swept aside.  No payoff for that at all.  I wanted the tree to have some kind of role in the end, and I wanted the mane six, the sisters, and the pillars to get to talk to Astral Twilight.  But instead, they just made the tree more or less completely meaningless, outright stating that the elements never mattered, and were mere symbols.  The tree's sapience proves that it is the most complex and powerful magical artifact in the world.  It should have had a purpose and a tie-in at the end.  The abrupt end of the tree's arc, and the failure to bring it into the story at the end was, in my opinion, the biggest waste and missed opportunity of the show, and was by far the biggest disappointment and source of frustration for me.

And that's it.  Those are my gripes.  The ToH was a big one, but even though that sucked chunky monkey balls, the good of this finale greatly outweighed the bad.  I'm not going to closely examine every shot of finale or anything, but let me just run through some of my important thoughts.

First off, Discord's grand deception.  Holy mindf*ck, dude!  That was, hooves down, no exaggeration, just as big of a mindf*ck as anything on Game of Thrones.  Like, for realsies, dude.  That was a true and proper mindf*ck worthy of the best shows of all time.  That was incredible.  Now, we know that Grogar was real at one time, because his bell existed, but the fact that the Grogar we saw on the show never existed at all was so friggin' awesome and amazing.  Last season, many of us were kinda hoping that Cozy Glow was actually Crissy in disguise.  That didn't happen, but this was just as good, if not even better, of a mindf*ck.  I never would have guessed this in a million jillion years.  Omg.  I just can't say enough how mindblowing and awesome that was.

And of course, having the windigos return was awesome.  Many fans called that one.  Well done.  I love how, just like the White Walkers of GOT, most ponies believed the windigos to be merely a myth.  Understandable, seeing as how they haven't appeared in well over a millennium.  Equestria has been a utopia for so long that most ponies probably never believed that the windigos were possible.  Really glad they included them.  Awesome.

I loved the student six's role.  It was perfect, and it wasn't overdone.  I'm glad they didn't steal too much screentime.  Of course, the greatest gift of all was the fact that Twilight and her friends passed on their knowledge of friendship, and that was what saved the world.  The scene when the united forces of the world crested that hilltop was an epic moment of legend.  I got chills, dude.  That was incredible.  Everyone was there.  I had pause it and look at how many characters they included.  Every race was there, with all of their leaders.  There was Ember and Steve and Rutherford and the Wonderbolts and the hippogriffs, and the griffons, and Rain Shine and Autumn Blaze, and even Chief Thunderhooves!  Even friggin Flim and Flam were there!!  Holy sh*t!  I'm surprise they weren't looking for a way to profit from Equestria's destruction!  Damn, everyone in the world came together!  I didn't see Daring Do, but she was probably somewhere in there.  Oh, and TEMPEST!!  Now, I hated the movie, but I loved Tempest.  She was the only good thing about it.  I'm so glad she was there!  That was so cool.  Ol' Fizz Pop.  I didn't see those Celestia dammed pirate birds, or that f*ckin alley cat Capper, thank Celestia.  They don't belong in the FIM universe.  (If they were in the crowd somewhere, please don't tell me about it.  :P)  I'm so glad that the mane six didn't do it all on their own, and that every race in the world had to come together.  That was such an amazing scene.  WOW.

I cannot say enough how thrilled I am that they didn't reform the baddies.  Just recently I had predicted with arrogant confidence that the frenemies were going to team up with Team Friendship to take down Grogar, and then be subsequently reformed.  Boy is my face red.  I have been humbled, and I've never been so happy to be wrong.  This was so much better.  The message that, although there is light, there will always be some darkness in the world, and some folks stay bad, was so much more realistic.  I have been dreading and fearing the baddie reform for ages.  Oh, just so happy with how it turned out.  Well done.

So, one of the things that annoyed me the most about the move-to-Canterlot thing was the fact that they sort of breezed over it throughout the season as if it wasn't a big deal.  I was expecting little to no development of it here.  However, I feel much better about it now because of how they actually gave the change proper attention and development.  The scene where they all expressed their fears over the change and cried did so much to make the change more realistic.  I hated the idea throughout the season, but as I have stated many times before, I would support literally any decision the writers did provided that there was a good enough narrative reason and development.  Give me the character development, make me really believe it, and I'll be on board with anything.  Until The Last Problem, it seemed like we weren't going to get the proper development.  But the emotions they expressed--the fear and doubt--made it so real.  It made me think about how nearly all of us face similar moments in our lives, often times more than once.  Nearly all of us have to move away, or watched beloved friends move away, and take terrifying steps into the unknown as life changes, filled with fear, doubt, and uncertainty.  In those moments, we can feel unbearably alone and scared as we contemplate not having the friends and the routines we've grown so accustomed to.  That's life, and this episode actually dealt with that properly.  If they had started building that up sooner, perhaps I wouldn't have been so grumpy about this whole arc.  But I really loved the way the handled this development.  It was sad, it was powerful, and it was real.

It also got me thinking about something else.  When we watch a show like this (any show, really), we tend to imagine the episodes we see as being the characters' whole lives and world, when in reality we are only seeing a very small part of it.  Take Star Trek TNG for example--we tend to imagine Picard's time on the Enterprise as being his whole life and his whole world, but the fact is that he wasn't a young man when he took command of the Enterprise, and he only commanded the Enterprise D for approximately seven years (and then I think E for about the same.)  The fact is that the vast majority of his life did not take place on the Enterprise.  He lived a lot of life before the show, and he lived a lot of life long after.  (Disregarding the new Picard show for the moment)  What we saw on TNG was only a small portion of his life.

It's no different for Twilight and her friends.  We saw nine years of their lives.  They lived about eighteen years before we met them, and they're going to live long lives after the events in The End of the End.  Nine years is fairly small portion of one's life (if their lucky, that is.)  The portion of the ponies' lives that we got to share in was only one small part of it.  We tend to think that nothing should ever change, that nothing ever could change, that they must stay together in Ponyville until the end of time.  But nine years is a pretty short time, and it's only natural that things will change in large ways.  That's real life, and they gave that fact the proper emotional attention it deserved, and that's why I can't be too frustrated with the change.  It was well done.

Seeing super-sized Twilight was a shock, and I wasn't sure how I felt about it at first, but I actually think I like it.  I had long speculated that only natural-born alicorns are immortal, but there was never any indication either way.  Not so much as a clue.  So, turns out I was wrong.  All alicorns, natural or transformed, are indeed immortal (or very, very long-lived), and will continue to slowly grow until reaching "Sister" size.  That was a pretty mind-blowing development, but I like it.

But what I love the most is the implications that this immortality creates.  From the very beginning, it was a favorite headcanon of mine that someday, when the dust from the mane six's bones is long gone, Twilight and Spike would continue to rule together as a team.  Now this headcanon is canon.  Given the slow aging of dragons, I think it's safe to assume that dragons, like alicorns, are either immortal or have extremely long lifespans.  It is clear that Spike and Twilight will be together for a very, very long time.  I cannot overstate how happy I am that they made Spike such an integral part of Big Twi's life.  They didn't sweep him aside, or just stick him in the background.  They made him the most important creature in Twilight's life.  I highly doubt that Twilight will ever take a lover.  I don't think either of the Sisters ever did.  It makes little sense for an immortal being to have such a relationship, as you'd have to watch your lover grow old and die as you stay the same.  Because of that, it seems that Spike will be the only family she will ever have.  He was always like family to her, and now he will be by her side for possibly a millennium and beyond.  Long after their friends are dead, Spike will be Twilight's partner and best friend for as long as they live.  Theirs is the most important relationship that either will ever have.  Spike is, for all intents and purposes, Twilight's significant other.  He was always like her little brother, and now they will be partners for the long haul.  The way they handled Spike is, for me, one of the greatest things they've ever done on the show, and by far the best part of the finale.  (Kinda thought he looked stupid, though.  Wasn't a fan of his aesthetic, but I think it's safe to assume that he will one day look like the badass big dragons like the one in Dragonshy.  One day, he's gonna be like Smaug, and Twilight will ride him.)

Of course, there were so many wonderful things crammed into the future scenes, it's hard to mention all of them, but I want to focus specifically on two.  So, Pinkie and Cheese, eh?  Wowza.  And they have a foal together?  Double wowza.  I... um... I actually think that's pretty... awesome!  And they got the Cake twins to sit with her!  Such a nice touch.  And then of course there's AJ and Rainbow...

Bender.jpg.0b5d02b047a5fb08389219628ad27dae.jpg

So, I assume that I'm not delusional to suspect that they are a couple, yes?  I don't see any other way to interpret that bickering about chores.  That obviously wouldn't be a thing if they didn't live together, and the playful nature of the bickering, coupled with the specific phrasing that indicates that this happens all the time seems to leave no alternative.  Oh, yes, it's

Spoiler

post-26336-0-18735400-1405948711_thumb.png

APPLEDASH, BABY!  WOOOOOOO!!!!

Now, if you're really annoyed by that, and think that it was a horrendous crime to change the dynamic of any of their friendships, then I understand.  I get it.  I've been upset by many things on this show.  I just lucked out this time because I freaking love this ship.  But here's the thing--since it wasn't specifically stated, it remains completely open to interpretation.  The way I see it, if you love it, then it's canon.  If you hate it, then it's not canon.  They are simultaneously a couple and not a couple.  I am characterizing this phenomenon as Schrodinger's Ship.

Although I wasn't a fan of the Twilight-ruler idea, mostly because of how the Sisters never actually asked Twilight if she'd be willing to do it, I must say that I really loved the ending.  The full-circle story with Twilight sending her prized pupil to Ponyville to make friends was brilliant.  The final shot with Twi and the mane six seeing her student off was perfect.  So full of emotion.  It was a beautiful scene.  Great song, too.

I think that covers most of my important thoughts.  In a previous post, I teased at my own idea for how I wanted the show to end, but that seems a little moot now, as I actually loved the ending, much to my surprise.  But f*ck it, I'm doin' it anyway.  (Was there any doubt?)  Okay, so this is just a parody type deal, and not really serious, but I would have loved this ending so much.  In order for this to work, you'd need to redo the entire 9th season and not have the Sisters decide to retire.  Celestia would perhaps give Twilight more responsibilities and training, but not state that she is to take over rule.  Then, during the battle with the big baddies, the mane six would fail and realize that they are massively outgunned.  The Sisters would then become Nightmare Moon and Daybreaker and then sacrifice themselves in an epic, kamikaze spell that would destroy the villains and save the world.  After the dust had settled, Twilight and the others would assume that Celestia would have wanted Twilight to rule in her stead, and Twilight would decide to accept this burden.  What I envisioned was a re-creation of this:

Spoiler

So, Final Fantasy XIII is underappreciated, unfairly hated, beautiful masterpiece, and this ending is, by great lengths, my absolute favorite ending to any work of fiction of any kind, ever, bar none, period.  As such, I love to daydream about Pony ending like this.  The frenemies summon a meteor to destroy the world, NMM and Daybreaker sacrifice themselves to stop it by merging themselves into a giant crystal pillar to hold it up.  The mane six would be on the ground at the end, and Twilight would say, "I guess they meant for this to be goodbye."  The others would say that they think Celestia meant for Twilight to rule Equestria, and Twilight would bravely accept, confident that she could take on this mighty task as long as she has her friends by her side.  We would then zoom in on the crystal pillar as we hear the Sister's voices:

Celestia: "When friendship binds you together, not even fate can stand in your way."

Luna: "We kept the light of hope alive in our hearts, and achieved the impossible, and now we live on, to greet a new dawn."

The camera would come to rest on the forms of the Sisters in crystal stasis, hooves interlocked, horns crossed.  Fade to black.  And there's your final shot.  I just get chills when I picture that.  But I'm a crazy nut.  ^_^

I really did love the real ending, though.

And now, before I close, my rapid fire bullet points:

• Discord's voiceover of the villains for his story!  LOL!!  :laugh:
  • Glad to see Starlight and Trixie handling the school in a professional manner.  Those gals are gonna be alright.
  • I imagine that Sunburst now lives with Starlight at the Castle of Friendship.  That's cool.
  • Glimmy's teleport attack on Crissy cements her title of Most Badass Mare of All Time.
  • The destruction of the Canterlot throne room was reminiscent of The Iron Throne.
  • Rarity's hero moment in the throne room battle!  :D
  • Discord's Gandalf line!  :love:
  • King... Vorak??  Now I wanna know who Tirek's pop was.
  • Rarity and Spike's team-up moment in the Battle for Equestria!  :D
  • Gummi.  What in the actual f*ck?  I guess he's actually a big species that grows very slowly?
  • The CMC grown up for real!  And they're professors at the school!!  :ticking:  My headcanon is that part of their job is to council blank flanks, and they run a cutie mark camp at the school with field trips and such.
  • Sunburst with the wizard beard!  And Starlight's suit!  So classy!  :-D
  • Gallus the Palace guard!  :D
  • Old Rainbow Captain of the Wonderbolts!  :love:
  • Old Rainbow's mane!  Possibly the greatest thing on this show, ever ever!!  :love:
  • Hey, I just realized something--do you suppose human RD and AJ ended up being a couple as well?  :dash:  :wub:
  • Big Mac and Sugar Belle's foal!  :wub:  (Even though he clearly should have ended up with Marble Pie...  :dry:)
  • Nearly missing the train to Canterlot was such a big deal, and yet Twilight teleported the entire flipping cast from the throne room to Ponyville instantly at the end.  (And she's done teleports like that tons of times during the series.)  For corn's sake, I will never get over their goofy, inconsistent teleport logic.
  • The donut scene that was reminiscent of The Best Night Ever:wub:
  • Last but not least, my greatest wishlist item fulfilled!  The series ended with dignity and didn't drag itself through the dirt for 30+ seasons like The Simpsons!!  :mlp_yeehaa:

And I think that about does it.  Holy macaroni.  I can't believe it's over.  The last episode post.  But don't worry, I'm not goin' anywhere.  I'll still be frequenting the forums.  Many more Mondays, many more blogs.

But before I go, one last thing...

Not to dump on whoever made the poll for this episode, but you think that the Game of Thrones finale was worse than Lost, and that Seinfeld was the worst of all?  Are you crazy?!!  Why does everyone think that the Seinfeld finale was bad??!!!  It was one of the best finales in television history!  IT WAS PERFECTION!!  :glimmer:

But that's just one stallion's opinion.  I could be wrong, and if I am, I know you're gonna let me know about it in the comments section below.  As always guys, thanks for reading, I love ya very much, and I'll speak you again... soon...

1380504523_StayPony.jpg.11ea92f306567c110bdcc790c72fa662.jpg

Weight.thumb.jpg.44ae1c639d9614732886f219761d0ccd.jpg

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 4

Speachless, this was both amazing and a great way to end the show. I know all of us have been dreading this and I too never wanted this wild ride to end but the way they did it was just beautiful. So much was answered and so much left open, which makes it feel perfect. Not over the top, but it made you feel like you were connected to the show somehow or someway, aand making us realise that it's not over, just a new chapter in our lives, like the adventure continues no matter what, ponies will always be there for us. Thank you MLP:FIM for this wild ride, thank you to Hasbro and DHX, Lauren Faust and all the voice actors.

Love you all and thank you

• Brohoof 3

I can only assume they won't be, although Twilight's immortality is now almost a given considering her full-time ascension (albeit the show never did explain the exact connection between the magic and immortality of alicorns - considering that Zecora specified 'alicorn magic' as a unique form of magical force in the S4 opener, it's entirely possible that the 'magic' preserves the body of the wielder from ageing, although this is evidently a far-flung theory). 

Edited by Them's Seeing Ponies
  • Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Will Celestia and Luna be mortal now that they've given up their Princess roles? 

Last time they were seen was in episode 25, so they are probably with Granny Smith now (RIP) :sealed:

• Brohoof 2