Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Episode of Season 3 so far?

~Vallo~

Sleepless in Ponyville is my favorite so far and I can't imagine anything passing it anytime soon. Scootalove + Luna= Pure Win. I was lit on fire from how dang heartwarming it was.

• Brohoof 4

Wonderbolt Academy

Mature in theme, major advancement of plot, strong character development for RDi, have yet to see a compelling case against it

You're the first person I've seen to give this episode any actual credit. It's nice to see someone who shares my feeling of praise for this episode. That's an academy record!

• Brohoof 2

Got to say that not many people are gonna say that but One Bad Apple was my favorite, closely followed by Sleepless in Ponyville and Wonderbolt Academy.  This season gave really amazing episodes so far though.

• Brohoof 1

Sleepless in Ponyville. I really really really loved Apple Family Reunion and it's definitely my favorite Applejack episode, but it doesn't quite hit the heart as strongly as Sleepless In Ponyville did. It was just so sweet. Scootaloo "flying" with Rainbow Dash made all of the words in my vocabulary disappear other than "so", "many", and "feels". It also made me love Scootaloo, because I love characters with image-based conflicts. 

Least favorite? Magic Duel. Everyone but Spike was great in Spike At Your Service. Magic Duel had nothing in it that sucked me in. I didn't really care about what happened. It just felt dull.

• Brohoof 6

I'm going to have to with the Wonderbolt Academy. I'm no Rainbow Dash fan, but so far it's the only episode this season that felt solid from start to finish. Magic Duel is almost up there, but there's a few things that just bug me about it.

• Brohoof 1

"The Crystal Empire"     2/5    the villain is bad he have no character at all
"Too Many Pinkie Pies"   5/5    funny and creepy sometimes
"One Bad Apple"         4/5    annoying but it maybe the best episode in any show about bulling
"Magic Duel"         5/5    great action ,funny ,and i don't trust wheels
"Sleepless in Ponyville" 4/5    good
"Wonderbolts Academy"    5/5    epic, comedy , great new characters
"Apple Family Reunion"   3/5    i get the idea of the episode from the first 3 minutes, but there to many good funny moments , octavia clone , grany yung face , and that song

i didn't see "Spike at Your Service" yet but look like every one hate it

• Brohoof 1

didn't see "Spike at Your Service" yet but it looks like every one hated it.

Actually, it was a great episode for the Mane 6. Every one of them was perfectly in character and were an absolute hoot to see. Wonderful, would rewatch.

As long as I cut out all the parts with Spike in them. 

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 4

There's probably already a thread like this, but just in case...

My favorite is probably Sleepless in Ponyville, mostly because it was touching, well written, and it because it was Scootaloo's own episode, and I've been wanting to see that for a long time.

If I had to pick a second, I'd say Too Many Pinkie Pies, because that one just made me laugh.

But I was really disappointed with Spike at Your Service, because it had the potential to be a really good episode about Spike, but it seems like the writers got lazy on the writing. But overall, it was okay.

I just hope that the last episodes of this season really impress me, because I don't want the season to end with boring and cliche plotlines. But I'm the season finale will turn a few heads.

I think we see very much eye to eye on this season so far. Sleepless in Ponyville was to me surprisingly the best of this season.

The side of Rainbow Dash in the latter part of the episode I really liked. I like her to at least some degree like every pony on the show (except Trixie), yet it was extremely refreshing to see her have this almost maternal side. HURRAY FOR CHARACTER DEPTH!

Luna and her power over dreams was just too cool. :wub: Oh my God did I fanboy over it.

Like you I anticipate the finale for its hopefully fresh new cliche-less plot.

Also, next episode I am looking forward to more than any other I have had this season. DISCORD! AND FLUTTERSHY!

• Brohoof 3

There's probably already a thread like this, but just in case...

Just gonna point out that 'post anyway' isn't the greatest mindset to have. If you believe something exists, please use the search feature briefly to look for it, to see if you can find topics that might already exist. As it so turns out, the topic this mirrors is presented in such a way that it's outdated and thus can't be locked or merged with this one, so I'm leaving this topic be. But in the future, yeah, it'd be wise to not have a  'post now, worry about duplicates later' mindset.

Sleepless in Ponyville. For the same reasons I've posted in the linked topic.

-It's a perfect example of a slice of life episode, and has great character development for Scoots and the other characters.

-Dash's soft, caring side was shown once again for the first time since back in the days of Hurricane Fluttershy, and she got some significant character devopment of her own with her interaction with Scoots.

-It's one of if not the most adorable episode in the series thus far.

-It got lots of hype for being Scootaloo's first episode focused around here, and it's also by a brand new show writer.

-LUUUUUUUUUUUUNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

• Brohoof 4

Just gonna point out that 'post anyway' isn't the greatest mindset to have. If you believe something exists, please use the search feature briefly to look for it, to see if you can find topics that might already exist. As it so turns out, the topic this mirrors is presented in such a way that it's outdated and thus can't be locked or merged with this one, so I'm leaving this topic be. But in the future, yeah, it'd be wise to not have a  'post now, worry about duplicates later' mindset.

Sleepless in Ponyville. For the same reasons I've posted in the linked topic.

Haha. I was waiting for some kind of "I will get you next time!" cartoon sign off.

So, from an educational standpoint, what is the best way to search for existing topics? When I use the supplied forum search engines sometimes it misses some of these.

Edited by Party Cannon

Haha. I was waiting for some kind of "I will get you next time!" cartoon sign off.

So, from an educational standpoint, what is the best way to search for existing topics? When I use the supplied forum search engines sometimes it misses some of these.

Keywords. Just gotta get used to it. It's not the point of this topic, so it's really best not discuss it here. You can PM me if you want.

Wonderbolt Academy by far. After little mention of her dreams in season 2, it was great to see a whole episode dedicated to showing her get closer to fulfilling her goal. Lightning Dust was a good character, and I loved Spitfire in it. But the best part was showing just how faithful Rainbow Dash is to her friends.

• Brohoof 2

Spike at your service was my favorite.

It seemed like an awesome episode to me, and I don't get how others hate it so much.

I don't think I hate any of the episodes ^.^

• Brohoof 1

My favorite of season 3 was definitely Sleepless in Ponyville. Always loved Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash the most, and it was amazing to see them together. The ending was really nice and I was all like "Awwww". I got so much diabetes watching that scene :):wub:  :wub:

Edited by PinkiePai
  • Brohoof 2

Wonderbolt Academy and Sleepless in Ponyville are tied for me at first, they both have the best writing.

...And it's just a coincidence that they both feature Rainbow Dash, yup! *Innocent smile*

My least favorite is One Bad Apple. Just... didn't tackle problems as well as FiM usually does.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite episode would be The Crystal Empire. Everything in that episode was just awesome plus im one of those fans who loves the more action/adventure type episodes. Even more so than the slice of life episodes. Pkus they really pleased me when Spike was the one who saved the day there.

Spike at your Service was only disappointing because Spike was kinda out of character. Not because he made his own code thing I think that's a huge plus for him. He was abnormally clumsy in that episode and thats not true because he always careful when working with Twilight at the Library.

Edited by ~Chaotic Harmony~
  • Brohoof 5

Spike at your service was my favorite.

It seemed like an awesome episode to me, and I don't get how others hate it so much.

I don't think I hate any of the episodes ^.^

• Brohoof 1

I like most of the episodes except-

Boast Busters

Over a Barrel

Call of the Cutie

Luna Eclipsed

Wonderbolt Academy

But I have to say that my favorites are The Crystal Empire, The Very first Episode, and A Canterlot Wedding

The one that i really liked the most was S3 E6 Sleepless in ponyville.

Why? because it has scootaloo in it, that's why!! <3 scootaloo.

Anyway, it's just a good episode no ifs or buts about it, no questions need to be asked.

It's really adorable when Rainbow and Scoot hugged.. it was just the cutest thing ever, and i felt really bad for scoot when she was to scared to tell her fears and also when she gets scared by the scary stories that rainbow told, which honestly makes me wanna hate her for it, but also at the same time i can't cause she agreed to take scoot under her wing and be like her big sister which made everything better.

rainbowandscoot.png

Now that's just adorable! :wub:

• Brohoof 5

Sleepless in Ponyville will have to be my favorite. It was put together so perfectly. I also loved how Luna was also involved in the episode. It was nice to see a side of her that we don't normally see but still fits her personality. RD was great as well when she accepts Scoots as a little sister. It shows more to her character.

• Brohoof 1

There's really no episode that I truly hate/dislike.  However, there are episodes that I do feel could have been done better.  Wonderbolt Academy is one that could have been TRULY great.  It absolutely floored me when Meghan McCarthy released the alternate script idea to WA, and it was along the same idea line that I theorized about.  The episode would have been 100% perfect if the had Dash turn into lead with Lightning Dust staying on.  Even the episode's ending would have been great having Dash return to Ponyville with an honorary medal, indicating she was on the watch list of prospective Wonderbolts.

As for my "favorite" episode, I have to go with Sleepless in Ponyville.  Though people keep saying "Panda Rings", fan pandering, I don't really believe them.  The thing that makes me truly disbelieve them is the information we received about Magic Duel and how it was submitted as a story back in 2011. 

With Sleepless in Ponyville, it's something had needed to happen.  And it happened, which was great.  The wing hug + flying sequence at the end just added the cherry on top for me.  I truly like the introduction of Princess Luna, and her resumed duties as Guardian of The Night.  Though I did read some comments about people having issues with this, stating Luna wouldn't have been lonely then turning into Nightmare moon, that's just nitpicking to me. 

Only episode that I wasn't too happy with was Spike at Your Service.  It would have been better to see Spike in the "super helper" capacity, making it so Applejack actually considered keeping the little guy.  For an assistant, he seems rather underqualified.  From what we've seen in past episodes, Spike would seem like a rather capable individual to assist another in their daily duties.  *shrug*

Here's hoping for some awesome new episodes to come down the pipe. 

• Brohoof 1