Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Episode of Season 3 so far?

~Vallo~

Compared to everything else I've seen this season, Sleepless in Ponyville was on a whole other level. I like Scootaloo now. Give Corey another episode! :)

Agreed completely :). And you're getting your wish, Corey Powell wrote I believe the episode after the next one. I'm looking forward to seeing what she gives us next.

• Brohoof 2

Agreed completely :). And you're getting your wish, Corey Powell wrote I believe the episode after the next one. I'm looking forward to seeing what she gives us next.

Hopefully a Scootalove scene :3 Even a five to ten second thing of them playing, hanging out, sleeping together on a cloud; anything to affirm the continuation of their relationship would be the icing on the cake that is Scootalove having become canon.

• Brohoof 4

Definitely 'Sleepless in Ponyville', I was very happy to finally see some sisterly love from RD and Scoots and Luna made an appearance  which made the episode even better! It really had that warm, cozy feeling when the two of the pegasus hugged. At first my mind was blown when I saw Scootaloo fly at the end of the episode only to show that RD was carrying her with one hoof xD

When I first heard about 'Wonderbolt Academy' I started jumping with excitement because I actually thought that episode was when RD was accepted as a member of the Wonderbolts. It wasn't really what the episode was about but I was still happy to see some of the background characters again like Cloud Chaser and Roid Rage/Snowflake.

• Brohoof 2

There's really no episode that I truly hate/dislike.  However, there are episodes that I do feel could have been done better.  Wonderbolt Academy is one that could have been TRULY great.  It absolutely floored me when Meghan McCarthy released the alternate script idea to WA, and it was along the same idea line that I theorized about.  The episode would have been 100% perfect if the had Dash turn into lead with Lightning Dust staying on.  Even the episode's ending would have been great having Dash return to Ponyville with an honorary medal, indicating she was on the watch list of prospective Wonderbolts.

A_E48PyCEAAC93h.jpg

A_E5Mk8CYAEy_im.jpg

Wow, you're right! :blink:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought WA fell short of its true potential. These scenes would have added a lot more closure to the episode and suggested a direction for Dash and the 'Bolts. That was what I most wanted to see.

• Brohoof 2

Hopefully a Scootalove scene :3 Even a five to ten second thing of them playing, hanging out, sleeping together on a cloud; anything to affirm the continuation of their relationship would be the icing on the cake that is Scootalove having become canon.

I don't know if I would hold my breath for it, but the screenshot that I've seen of the episode does have the Crusaders and Tank in it, so I can't rule it out either. We'll just have to have our fingers crossed I guess.

I don't know if I would hold my breath for it, but the screenshot that I've seen of the episode does have the Crusaders and Tank in it, so I can't rule it out either. We'll just have to have our fingers crossed I guess.

Since Scootalove has become canon at all, I can be patient. Even if it isn't shown this season, maybe it'll be shown next season.

• Brohoof 2

Since Scootalove has become canon at all, I can be patient. Even if it isn't shown this season, maybe it'll be shown next season.

Wouldn't mind seeing some more Scootalove myself since the little filly could use it.  That moment in Sleepless in Ponyville was definitely a hnng moment when RD hugged the hopeful pegasus flier with her wing. 

• Brohoof 4

Episode two of the season three. Why? Throw your wife. That's why!

Second being too many pinkie pies.

Third being apple family reunion. Lessons about family are always important, plus! A letter to celestia! it's been too long since I've last seen a letter being written.

• Brohoof 1

Mine is also Sleepless in Ponyville...it's my favorite ep so far! /)^3^(\ I wrote my first blog ever about why i liked it so much, but here's a few reasons why I loved it:

-Scutealoo Scootaloo is freaking adorable the entire time

-They finally showed Luna as a caring, capable mentor like her sister, more than just a vulnerable redeemed tragic villain!

-The humor was well-done and made me crack up several times

-Scoots's predicament was ridiculously relatable for me; i suffered almost the exact same problem as her on a campout many years ago

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gunna have to either be a lunatic or an innovator here; so here's my curveball.  I just enjoyed the episode Too Many Pinkies.  Though it can be argued that it was not as powerfully written as Sleepless or Wonderbolts Academy.  It stood out to me because it provided me with a positive outlook on how to manage one's time and how one (in this case) Pinkypie can do everything.  It also made me appreciate Pinkypie a lot more than I have up until that point.  And c'mon did u guys see that scene where the extra pinkie did this? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8NaesRxxck

Or when Twilight Sparkle sent back the first Pinky? (below)

I kid you not fellow bronies I was dying on my floor with my friend and we laughed so hard I cried.  I actually cried.  It was actually one of the funniest unexpected things....... Like you guys know how everpony in ponyville says pinkypie is so random? Like I knew she was random, but when I saw just like those two things, I lost it.  

Now I wasn't on anything, I wasn't drunk, it was pure honest-to-god good laughing.  I swear that was one of the funniest things I've seen up to date from the MLP:FiM in my opinion. 

Sorry if it was overkill, but I literally just HAD to get that point across.

• Brohoof 2

80% of choices going for Sleepless in Ponyville, huh?

I think that Sleepless in Ponyville was sweet, and definitely had more fluid animation, but I think it was just pouring things on thick for us. An episode devoted to Scootaloo, more Luna, and Scootalove? Those three things are all that fans wanted, and I think it would've seen fitter being distributed among many episodes rather than piled into one mouthful. That's from a purely personal perspective, anyhoo. I suppose it doesn't help that I never understood the fuss about Scoots - even when viewed from a dispassionate angle.

That being said, I do not have a favourite Season 3 episode. Unlike characters of the show, I think the pros and cons of each episode are too conglomerate for one choice to be better founded than another. When I pick my favourite episode I also want to throw out all my character bias and view things objectively (otherwise it'd be Too Many Pinkie Pies on a golden dais).

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 2

I liked Sleepless in ponyville the best, It was so good it made me like Scootaloo a heck of alot more, actually shes my favorite CMC as of now. :P, if ever so slightly over sweetie belle.

Second is Bab seed. I didn't actually expect much out of it, but it really suprised me with the amazing song and the episode overall.(Plus sweetie belles "WHY DOES LIFE HAVE TO BE SO IRONIC" quote is amazing :D.)

All of season 3 in my opinion has been pretty awesome though :).

• Brohoof 2

i actually have 3 favorite episodes that i just can't choose between so all 3 are tied;

Magic Dual because this was an awesome episode, i just plain loved everything about it.

Sleepless iin Ponyville simply because well it was a Scootaloo episode while she isn't my fav CMC (that belongs to Sweetie Belle) i thought it was about darn time she got an episode and her hug with Rainbow made me squee~

and Wonderbolt Academy i can't describe how awesome this episode was easily Rainbow's BEST episode yet!

1) Magic Duel

2) Sleepless in Ponyville

3) Wonderbolt Academy

These were really good. Magic Duel was probably my favorite episode of all time. They had plenty of action and character development, and the plot was good.

I was pretty disappointed in the others to be honest. These three are the only ones I would watch again. The others just weren't very memorable in my opinion. The plot weren't very exciting (Spike at your Service, Apple Family Reunion) or some otgers I found to just be plain annoying (Too Many Pinkie Pies).

By the way, are we getting a season finale or something? The Spike episode just seems like a weak way to end the season honestly...

I vote for Magic Duel and Wonderbolt Academy. What I didn't like about Sleepless in Ponyville is that Rainbow Dash should of seen that coming, especially since she was just like that when she was young, but more importantly episodes with too much affection make me sad and that's never a good thing.

Magic Duel and Wonderbolt Academy were really entertaining though and didn't leave that bad taste after I watched them. Aside from that Sleepless in Ponyville is awesome.

Also Pinkies performance in Spike at your service had Youtube-Poop qualities - really awesome.

80% of choices going for Sleepless in Ponyville, huh?

After more replies I think it's safe to say about 98% of people went for that episode, wonderbolt academy or magic duel. Honestly this thread should have a poll though so we can see official counted votes instead of trying to estimate. :P

• Brohoof 1

Magic Duel is my favorite so far. I think the main reason for that is because all of the ponies were able to be involved in the plot one way or another. I always preferred the episodes where all of the mane 6 (and other characters, too) contributed to something, instead of just focusing on one or two specific characters for the entire episode. (Hurricane Fluttershy being an exception.  :blush: )

• Brohoof 1

I'm gonna have to go with the Crystal Empire, just because I like those longer, more epic episodes. I wish there were more episodes like "A Canterlot Wedding" because that was an amazing episode.

Now it's hard for me to go straight to Wonderbolts Academy. I really liked that episode but I agree to what you're saying about the longer ones. Two-parters really give more time for story and development and I think that helped the start of season 3. Some of my favorite moments are still in those first two episodes. Besides, the Crystal Empire had Rainbow Dash in it. Jousting. Need I say more? :lol:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

After more replies I think it's safe to say about 98% of people went for that episode, wonderbolt academy or magic duel. Honestly this thread should have a poll though so we can see official counted votes instead of trying to estimate. :P

Yeah, that probably would have been a good idea when I started this thread.

I'll be sure to do that when I start a thread about everybody's favorite episode of season 4.  

Edited by ~Vallo~
  • Brohoof 1

Sleepless in Ponyville was my favorite this season, but Apple Family Reunion wasn't too far behind. I guess I just don't get the complaints that it was boring. I thought it was anything but. Sad to see so few people listing it anywhere in their top 3...

• Brohoof 2

I honestly loved Too Many Pinkie Pies simply because of how hilarious it was. What really won it for me was the crazy face that Pinkie made. It still cracks me up. Plus it also was pretty heartwarming too, because of how much Pinkie Pie wanted to be with her friends so desperately that she would release an army of Pinkie clones.

• Brohoof 1

I cannot choose between Sleepless In Ponyville and Wonderbolt Academy

Sleepless In Ponyville had Luna, Scootalove, Rarity screentime, and 99 Buckets of Oats.

Wonderbolt Academy had an improvement on Rainbow Dash's character (my opinion), Lightning Dust, and Pinkie Pie craziness.

I love both episodes equally, and I hope the future episodes are just as good.

• Brohoof 1