Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Future Episodes Premises Predictions

Limey Lassen

There are a few stock plots that every cartoon has to do eventually. Maybe not in the second season, but eventually. ;)

For example, they already did these schticks:

"One character gets suspicious because the others are throwing a surprise party"

"One of the characters gets randomly famous for a day and then no one ever talks about it again"

"The Ransom of Red Chief" yeah, just google that.

"Wild West Shootout"

"Flashback episode" These are usually the worst kind of filler, in this case it was the best episode of the season. B)

So what are the mandatory plot setups that haven't been touched yet? How about:

Mind switch! Hilarity ensues trololololol

One of the characters gets turned into a baby and everyone has to take care of her. (Remember what that happened to the dad in Rugrats? What a tweest!)

Beach episode! Although that's more of an anime thing.

Baseball episode! Yeah, sorry but ponies don't have hands.

Breaking a world record collaborative attempt! World's biggest calzone? lol why not

The episode where everyone speaks in rhyme. (Great fun, but unlikely at this juncture. Although... considering Bridle Gossip...)

One of the characters turns invisible! Existential crisis ensues! Also hilarity.

One of the characters wins the lottery! Oh universe, you so fickle. :wub:

Dream sequence episode! (Man, Azumanga Daioh OWNS this setup)

Side-character-only episode (not on the radar as of yet)

Brady Bunch style boys vs. girls contest! (wait, this show has boys?)

You Saved My Life and Now I'm Obligated to be Your Slave Forever (22 minutes)

Jailbreak! Woo yeah!

falling in with the bad crowd (AKA Rainbow Dash joins a gang) Graffiti ensues!

Someone eats something spoiled and goes on a vision quest (classic!)

All Things Die One Day :blush:

Author-insert-traveling-gypsy-type-dude (hmm, might be too late for that)

And last I can think of but not least, Everyone Turns into Animals.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

An explanation of Spike's mysterious breath.

I'd love the dream sequence one though. I always love when a cartoon takes one idea and uses a different point of view or person for it.

I was actually just thinking today I'd love to see a Beach episode.

Side character episode: Derpy. Sorta been confirmed in an interview on EQD. Though it won't be to the exclusion of the mane 6. They have to show up in every episode. Anyway, yeah. Derpy. Aaaand I'm gonna guess..... episode 7.

I'm not privy to that information, my dear Discordian. But as the great Shakespear once said, "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet," so I take it that "Derpy by any other name would derp as hard." ;)

Mind swap would be PREFECT for an episode! They each have their own, unique personalities, why not put them into other bodies and let the hilarity issue! I would love to see Pinkie in Rarity's body, or Applejack in Twilight's!

Hasbro: DO IT!

• Brohoof 1

Mind swap would be PREFECT for an episode! They each have their own, unique personalities, why not put them into other bodies and let the hilarity issue! I would love to see Pinkie in Rarity's body, or Applejack in Twilight's!

Hasbro: DO IT!

Rainbow Dash or Applejack in anypony else's body! They're both so physical that they'd have the hardest time coming to grips with being in a different body.

I love that you made this list :)

Speaking of the whole animal thing, I think it would be hilarious if Twilight got turned into a praying mantis XD

But then again there's that episode with Zecora where they already go under some strange transformations. :0

The thing is I don't really like cliches' or redundant schemes, but when a good cartoon like this takes the old ideas and implement them much differently then traditionally it makes it all the more enjoyable.

An explanation of Spike's mysterious breath.

I'd love the dream sequence one though. I always love when a cartoon takes one idea and uses a different point of view or person for it.

I was actually just thinking today I'd love to see a Beach episode.

That would be great, or even what happened after the events detailed in the cutie mark crusader chronicles (I'm curious as to what happened after Twilight got accepted into Canterlot and how Spike became her assistant).

The beach thing would be fun, cue the Pinkie Pie song and AppleJack and Rainbow Dash competing vivaciously and thus, showing up all the other 'tough guys' who come along. It would be odd though, as the characters would more than likely be wearing bikinis and since they're technically (well, actually there's nothing technical about it) naked... Bah, it's all it good fun either way. :P

Edited by Akaraah

How about somepony is acting mysterious and the other ponies suspect something horrible or amazing. They stalk that pony and get little hints as to what they think is going on. Then, in the end, the pony tells everypony her secret, but it's something more tame like their cousin is in town, or they had a school project to finish...

This seems to happen in a lot of shows...

How about somepony is acting mysterious and the other ponies suspect something horrible or amazing. They stalk that pony and get little hints as to what they think is going on. Then, in the end, the pony tells everypony her secret, but it's something more tame like their cousin is in town, or they had a school project to finish...

Didn't they technically do this with the part with Pinkie's twitchiness?

Isn't that, y'know, exactly what happened in Party of One? The only difference is that it was a group of ponies acting mysterious and only one who was suspicious. Edited by Pony Joe

What about an episode where one of the characters is locked in a time loop?

Or maybe there'll be an episode where one of the characters breaks something really important and tries to cover it up for as long as they can.

I like the mind swap idea. A lot.

There's bound to be a lot of cliches that I haven't even touched on yet. I'll get back to you on that.

Ok, just found this website with cliche plots. Eat your heart out, Internet. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Plots

Don't know if this technology exists in the show's universe, but Twilight wants to film a documentary video but the rest of the girls crash it to show off their stuff.

AJ = lasso skills, RBD = flying maneuvers, Rarity = dresses, Pinkie = her baked goods, Fluttershy = her pet friends

And the whole episode is from the POV of the camera

Edited by XFizzle

How about the cutie mark crusade finaly gets their cutie marks :(

How about this instead:

Scootaloo gets her cutie mark, and the other CMC's are proud of her. However, they notice that she's spending a lot of time with the "cooler" ponies and think that she has abandoned them. A heart-wrenching sequence ensues when they throw away Scootaloo's CMC cape and all pictures of her in the treehouse. By this time, Scootaloo has realized that the "cooler" ponies aren't her true friends, and rejoins the group. Applebloom and Sweetie Belle are excited, and feel proud to have someone with cutie-mark-getting experience in their group to help them on their path.

Then, in a twist ending, Sweetie Belle gets her cutie mark, truly making Applebloom the only blank flank in Ponyville.

• Brohoof 2

How about this instead:

Scootaloo gets her cutie mark, and the other CMC's are proud of her. However, they notice that she's spending a lot of time with the "cooler" ponies and think that she has abandoned them. A heart-wrenching sequence ensues when they throw away Scootaloo's CMC cape and all pictures of her in the treehouse. By this time, Scootaloo has realized that the "cooler" ponies aren't her true friends, and rejoins the group. Applebloom and Sweetie Belle are excited, and feel proud to have someone with cutie-mark-getting experience in their group to help them on their path.

Then, in a twist ending, Sweetie Belle gets her cutie mark, truly making Applebloom the only blank flank in Ponyville.

Seasons later:

Posted Image

Here are my stereotype/cliched TV show episode ideas:

Jealousy episode?

If I were an Earth Pony always watching my friends, the Unicorn and Pegasus ponies, use their skills ALL the time... I would be pretty pissed eventually, or at least annoyed in some respects.

And then in the end everyone realizes that they all do something special, even the Earth Ponies; and a big sappy letter to Princess Trollestia Mollestia Celestia explaining how special everypony is.

A 'missing' episode?

One of the main characters had to run some errands far away, and wouldn't return for a few days. But the note they left had 'difficulties' (rain? Lost in mail? Accidentally baked into a cupcake?) Everypony is trying to find out where they went; then starts blaming eachother for their disappearance. A whole 'witch hunt' ensues, possible Zecora return?

I would probably pick Rarity to disappear, it seems like she'd be the most likely pony to go on an errand far away (fancy silk maybe?) Sweetie Belle would be too occupied with the CMC to even listen to her sister tell her about where she was going too!

Out of business.

The Apple farm gets ravaged by parasprites or the recent storm knocked over too many trees, and there weren't as many apples this applebuck season. The whole Apple Family needs to move, and all the mane 6 do all they can to get them to stay. Maybe with some Trollestia fun, this could be a pretty exciting episode.

• Brohoof 1

One of the main characters had to run some errands far away, and wouldn't return for a few days. But the note they left had 'difficulties' (rain? Lost in mail? Accidentally baked into a cupcake?) Everypony is trying to find out where they went; then starts blaming eachother for their disappearance. A whole 'witch hunt' ensues, possible Zecora return?</p>

I would probably pick Rarity to disappear, it seems like she'd be the most likely pony to go on an errand far away (fancy silk maybe?) Sweetie Belle would be too occupied with the CMC to even listen to her sister tell her about where she was going too!

I'm liking this idea!

Here are my stereotype/cliched TV show episode ideas:

Jealousy episode?

If I were an Earth Pony always watching my friends, the Unicorn and Pegasus ponies, use their skills ALL the time... I would be pretty pissed eventually, or at least annoyed in some respects.

And then in the end everyone realizes that they all do something special, even the Earth Ponies; and a big sappy letter to Princess Trollestia Mollestia Celestia explaining how special everypony is.

A 'missing' episode?

One of the main characters had to run some errands far away, and wouldn't return for a few days. But the note they left had 'difficulties' (rain? Lost in mail? Accidentally baked into a cupcake?) Everypony is trying to find out where they went; then starts blaming eachother for their disappearance. A whole 'witch hunt' ensues, possible Zecora return?

Out of business.

The Apple farm gets ravaged by parasprites or the recent storm knocked over too many trees, and there weren't as many apples this applebuck season. The whole Apple Family needs to move, and all the mane 6 do all they can to get them to stay. Maybe with some Trollestia fun, this could be a pretty exciting episode.

I can see the first and second happening, but the third seems a little extreme... It's possible though!