Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Christian bronies: meet, greet, and mingle!

Zach TheDane

• 1 month later...

Wow nothing here since Easter. I hope you've all been well.

Happy Pentecost! May the fire of the Holy Spirit burn within us all!

Gloria-HolySpiritDove.jpg

• Brohoof 5

Happy Pentecost! Thank you, @PiratePony .

Today at my church I had a nice surprise. There's an old lady of our community who I visit sometimes, she is sick so she couldn't come much to church. However today she managed to come, and she sit next to me. She really likes coming, and I am really glad for her. :)

• Brohoof 3

I would call myself a Christian though I think that i myself have ventured much deeper into some of the aspects in christianity so i dont really know if this what I've arrived at can really be called christianity maybe it is something else entirely.

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Manaka Hitomi said:

I would call myself a Christian though I think that i myself have ventured much deeper into some of the aspects in christianity so i dont really know if this what I've arrived at can really be called christianity maybe it is something else entirely.

Maybe you should talk to a priest or pastor about that. Or heck, some of the guys here are downright Theologians.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Steel Accord said:

Maybe you should talk to a priest or pastor about that. Or heck, some of the guys here are downright Theologians.

I've talked with my dad a lot with how I view things around the religion and after 2-3 years of our talks these days it feels like I've converted him mostly to agree with how I view the religion and usually any further talks just end up reinforcing this fact. It is also reinforcing my own feeling about how I view things and I've kinda accepted it that way.

My dad has been in our local church for like 30 years and in his words my talks with him have opened his eyes

And my views are mostly based on my own interpretations of the bible and some of them are quite heavily built upon some concepts that don't really have much of a connection outside of my thinking to the religions at all. My thinking is mostly based on the thought that if something exists it must have some kind of significance in the larger perspective.

21 hours ago, Manaka Hitomi said:

I've talked with my dad a lot with how I view things around the religion and after 2-3 years of our talks these days it feels like I've converted him mostly to agree with how I view the religion and usually any further talks just end up reinforcing this fact. It is also reinforcing my own feeling about how I view things and I've kinda accepted it that way.

My dad has been in our local church for like 30 years and in his words my talks with him have opened his eyes

And my views are mostly based on my own interpretations of the bible and some of them are quite heavily built upon some concepts that don't really have much of a connection outside of my thinking to the religions at all. My thinking is mostly based on the thought that if something exists it must have some kind of significance in the larger perspective.

Whatever floats your boat. I confess that when people get into "personal interpretations" I tend to get a little antsy. Which on the one hoof is silly because we all have personal interpretations of everything. One the other . . . Orthodoxy is a thing for a reason. No judgment, just a gut reaction on my part that doesn't affect you nor would I want it to.

• Brohoof 2

Hey guys. I have a question for you all. According to Christian philosophy and its many thinkers, where does morality come from?

Let’s say you have two people. One is a Christian, the other isn’t. Let’s just say both of them are polite, charitable, and honest.

Can we attribute the Christian’s behavior to their faith or is that actually under appreciation? On the other end, is the non-Christian more moral for not “needing” faith or is there some aspect of their morality that is incomplete without God?

It seems there's a basic unwritten law of right and wrong that most people live by whether they're religious or not. Religion reinforces that understanding, makes us more aware and gives us good reasons to stay the course when we're inclined to slip a bit. Whether religious or not, everyone gets reinforcement and feedback from different things, so to the extent that religion, or a different aspect of life, is responsible for guiding someone along, is the degree by which one or the other is to be credited. It's different for everyone and people respond to different things. But I feel that being aware of God does more than just focus one's sense of morality, so in that respect I'd say everything is incomplete without God.

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

It seems there's a basic unwritten law of right and wrong that most people live by whether they're religious or not. Religion reinforces that understanding, makes us more aware and gives us good reasons to stay the course when we're inclined to slip a bit. Whether religious or not, everyone gets reinforcement and feedback from different things, so to the extent that religion, or a different aspect of life, is responsible for guiding someone along, is the degree by which one or the other is to be credited. It's different for everyone and people respond to different things. But I feel that being aware of God does more than just focus one's sense of morality, so in that respect I'd say everything is incomplete without God.

Something I said to a friend of mine is that we don’t act as we do because we’re looking for a reward that might not even come but because we believe in a greater order to life, we must be cautious of our actions or inactions since we don’t know what larger effect they may have.

(edited)
On 5/31/2018 at 3:15 PM, Steel Accord said:

Hey guys. I have a question for you all. According to Christian philosophy and its many thinkers, where does morality come from?

Well, that largely depends on who you think God is and what you think about the world as a whole. The Bible shows us that God existed eternally and infinitely before everything else, and that everything else was created by Him. So, that would mean that something as personal as morality is ultimately either an extension of Him or something He created. If it were something He created, that would devalue morality because it would make it something that is finite and something that at one point didn't matter. Remember, "God is Love," and the Father loved the Son before the creation of the world. Morality is entirely based on God's unchanging character, and is thus also unchanging. If it were something that existed apart from God (say, being something that wasn't as a part of His being as his hands and feet are) and at the same time as Him, then that would dethrone God and make something either His equal or contend with Him. God is exclusively "Almighty." This is why, while there are three persons, there is only one God.
"You're the only God whose power none can contend
You're the only God whose name and praise will never end"

If I were to put is simply, to say that morality comes from anywhere other than God is to say that the God who created literally everything and loves His creation ultimately doesn't matter because His feelings would simply be another finite, changing thing that can be rejected. He is our creator; there's nothing more important that Him, and no excuse for rejecting His love.

Sorry if that was a bit of a rant, or if I sounded self-important in any way. (ごめんね! ごめんね!)

Edited by SummerOfGold

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. I was going to put this as a status but thought the religious overtones might have been too much. I have great news I have to share.

So after taking a huge step, one I never thought I'd return to, for the first time in seven years, I applied to teach in this state again, this time at a Catholic school. I've also been waiting for several months for my certification renewal to be processed. Not two hours after emailing my application and praying the rosary, at midnight my certification was renewed. And on top of that, my wife and I are expecting, and I felt my unborn child give a big solid kick for the first time. All tonight of all nights! 

Now I just have to land this or another teaching  job, and even more importantly, have a healthy rest of the pregnancy. Please send me your prayers folks, if you can. Thanks guys :)

• Brohoof 3

That's amazing news @PiratePony !! I'm so happy for you and your family! So many blessings all at once. I hope you get the job you want (I know you'd be great at it) and I'm especially happy for the little one on the way! I'll keep you in my prayers. Best of luck and God bless! :P

• Brohoof 5

On 7/10/2018 at 3:25 AM, PiratePony said:

I applied to teach in this state again, this time at a Catholic school.

Twilight would be proud.

therapist_sparkle_by_junkiesnewb-d4dd0x3

On 7/10/2018 at 3:25 AM, PiratePony said:

And on top of that, my wife and I are expecting

Congratulations and God bless my man!

• Brohoof 2

• 6 months later...
4 minutes ago, Hachiroku said:

Are Catholics welcome here? Or is this one of those places where we're excluded?

You are more than welcome, here! This is a thread for all Christians. :) 

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Hachiroku said:

Are Catholics welcome here? Or is this one of those places where we're excluded?

Everyone is welcome here :)

By the way, I am Catholic too.

• Brohoof 3

4 minutes ago, ChB said:

You are more than welcome, here! This is a thread for all Christians. :) 

Just now, Sunwalker said:

Everyone is welcome here :)

By the way, I am Catholic too.

That's cool, I'm a college student and my school isn't very welcoming towards Catholics. 

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Hachiroku said:

That's cool, I'm a college student and my school isn't very welcoming towards Catholics. 

I am sorry to hear. Even Jesus himself was prosecuted, and he warned that we (Christians) would also be prosecuted in his name. But God is always guiding us in some form or another, and everything in the end concurs for the good of those who love him.

• Brohoof 3

32 minutes ago, Sunwalker said:

I am sorry to hear. Even Jesus himself was prosecuted, and he warned that we (Christians) would also be prosecuted in his name. But God is always guiding us in some form or another, and everything in the end concurs for the good of those who love him.

Yea, I would say that it is persecution. I didn't think that I would ever be persecuted for following Jesus until I got to college. They don't want us to celebrate Easter, they won't give us holy week off, and the profs and students alike will insult and bash you and your faith. The school preaches about diversity while discriminating against us. Ironic. But the school seems to like OTHER religions, so why do they hate us?

On 2/1/2019 at 1:02 PM, Hachiroku said:

Yea, I would say that it is persecution. I didn't think that I would ever be persecuted for following Jesus until I got to college. They don't want us to celebrate Easter, they won't give us holy week off, and the profs and students alike will insult and bash you and your faith. The school preaches about diversity while discriminating against us. Ironic. But the school seems to like OTHER religions, so why do they hate us?

For the people that you mentioned, concepts like "diversity" and "equality" don't mean what they would normally mean. They are buzzwords to justify whatever agenda they want to justify.

The idea that people are equal actually comes from Christianity, and here it means that everyone is created in the image of God (not the other way around), their life is valuable, they have the same dignity, are as much sons of God as each other, and have the same fundamental rights. All of this regardless of condition or place of birth, gender, age, beliefs, or anything else we would use to segregate people.

This doesn't mean that everyone has a the same skills, ideas, tasks, or just behave on the same way. Each individual don't have everything they need to live, it's necessary to depend upon others and to assist others too, and be understanding of their limitations. God gives different talents and gifts to each person, so each one can contribute with their part. That's what "diversity" actually means.

Here I am not talking only about skill sets, God made men and women each one with their own attributes so they can complement each other, instead of being at odds against each other. Both are important, in their own way, to the project of God. I am emphasizing this matter specifically because one of the main tactics of the evil to attack the project of God is to blur the differences between men and women, or even pretend that they don't exist.

Implying that someone is guilty of something just because of something like their skin color, gender, or religion is the actual prejudice here, and it goes against God. It puts people against each other, it divides, which is what the Devil does the best. And this applies to everyone, if it's wrong to have prejudice of black people, it's the same for having prejudice of white people. One person just can't be blamed, or respond to, for the mistakes of others.

To respond to your question, evil people hate God because the light of God exposes them. You need to get rid of your sins in order to be in harmony with God, however they want to worship themselves in the place of God. It's pride, pure and simple.

Edited by Sunwalker
Typo fixing. Thanks Dreambiscuit!
  • Brohoof 5

14 hours ago, Sunwalker said:

For the people that you mentioned, concepts like "diversity" and "equality" don't mean what they would normally mean. They are buzzwords to justify whatever agenda they want to justify.

The idea that people are equal actually comes from Christianity, and here it means that everyone is created in the image of God (not the other way around), their life is valuable, they have the same dignity, are as much sons of God as each other, and have the same fundamental rights. All of this regardless of condition or place of birth, gender, age, beliefs, or anything else we would use to segregate people.

This doesn't mean that everyone has a the same skills, ideas, tasks, or just behave on the same way. Each individual don't have everything they need to live, it's necessary to depend upon others and to assist others too, and be understanding of their limitations. God gives different talents and gifts to each person, so each one can contribute with their part. That's what "diversity" actually means.

Here I am not talking only about skill sets, God made men and women each one with their own attributes so they can complement each other, instead of being at odds against each other. Both are important, in their own way, to the project of God. I am emphasizing this matter specifically because one of the main tactics of the evil to attack the project of God is to blur the differences between men and women, or even pretend that they don't exist.

Implying that someone is guilty of something just because of something like their skin color, gender, or religion is the actual prejudice here, and it goes against God. It puts people against each other, it divides, which is what the Devil does the best. And this applies to everyone, if it's wrong to have prejudice of black people, it's the same for having prejudice of white people. One person just can't be blamed, or respond to, for the mistakes of others.

To respond to your question, evil people hate God because the light of God exposes them. You need to get rid of your son's in order to be in harmony with God, however they want to worship themselves in the place of God. It's pride, pure and simple.

Thank you @Sunwalker This is perfectly put! I agree 100% with everything you said here (but is that a typo in the last line; "son's" rather than "sins"?)

Just a beautiful post to read. Thank you! 

• Brohoof 3