Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Christian bronies: meet, greet, and mingle!

Zach TheDane

8 hours ago, Zach TheDane said:

Hey guys!  Dropped in to check on the thread for the first time in...uuuhhhhh way too long.  Just thought I'd say hello and wish you a wonderful Holy Week!  

*leaves for another year*

Noo don't go just yet!! At least wait till after Easter :twi:

On 4/8/2017 at 5:29 PM, Cloggedone said:

Hey guys.

I think God is really working wonders in my life. I was really in a very dark place only 3 months ago, which I'd rather not get into publicly, but it all worked out in a scary way, involving a health situation. I had been very depressed on and off for nearly a decade, and at it's worst for at least 5 years. It's really interesting how things work out, sometimes your life gets better out of very scary situations but things turn out OK in the end, sometimes better than you had been for a long time.

I'd like you guys to pray that my life still stays this good, and that things in general work out for the future, hopefully so that I can help others and maybe help others with their relationship with Christ.

Depression sucks, I think there are many of us who have been down that road before. I'm glad you are doing better though, I know Christ can help in difficult situations as he ha with you, though not always in ways we expect! I'll keep you in my prayers  :)

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, ChB said:

Thanks, Zach! Happy Good Friday!

mlp_christian_quotes_rainbow_dash_by_gen

Heh, thanks!  It feels so weird to wish someone a *happy* Good Friday.  Service today was wonderful, but not particularly happy.  No lights, no holy water, very somber.  Beautiful though.  

• Brohoof 4

I just came back from church and I enjoyed it sooooo much.

Well....  it's basically already 12am here so with out further to do,Happy Easter to you all.I hope for each one of you all to have a totally rad Easter Sunday and God bless.:)Have fun! and remember Jesus is the reason for the season. (can I use that? I know it's mostly used during christmas but meh XD)

jesus-is-the-reason-for-the-season-easte

Edited by ScruffyTheStallion
  • Brohoof 4

Well something a bit mysterious happened this morning as I really felt like I woke up from the dead this morning. It's like I was rising like Jesus did 2017 years ago like the moment I woke up it was the perfect moment when it reached 2017 years since he rose. Maybe there's something special about me somewhere in the core. :)

• Brohoof 3

Happy Easter for everyone! He is risen indeed :)

On these last few days I took part of the three days of Pascal Triduum on my church. It was great, we even made an reenactment of the Passion of Christ, starting on Thursday and Friday with his death, and ending on Saturday with his resurrection. And today it was the Easter celebration.

One interesting trivia I have learned this week is that Holy Thursday and Good Friday are considered as a single day of the Pascal Triduum, (at least when it comes to the Catholic Church, I am not sure if this also applies to other Christians). Holy Saturday is the second day, and Easter Sunday is the third day. I thought that the three days were Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, but in hindsight it makes more sense to also include Easter, which is the heart of the celebration.

Thursday's celebration is considered to be on the same day as the Friday's one because back in the time of Jesus the day began at the end of the afternoon, instead of the midnight, and this tradition was kept until this day at least when it comes to the celebration. So technically Thursday's celebration, which happens at night, already counts as part of the Friday.

Anyways, I also which to everyone a good week. See you around! ^_^

• Brohoof 4

2 minutes ago, Rhapsody said:

Anyone know any good Easter songs? I've been wracking my brain but besides the usual 'He is Risen' hymns, nothing comes to mind.

I like Gregorian Chants, and those are some for the Easter season:

• Brohoof 1

So I'm doing a class at my church called Rooted.... anyone heard of it? It's a 10-week program that aims to deepen and strengthen our relationship with Christ, which I definitely need to do, since while I have been faithful, I feel like I need to take a further step on things. Apparently, it started out in California and is used at churches all around the US. Just wondering if anyone else had heard of it, or their church does it.

I just did week one and I like it so far, even if it was just the introduction! :D

• Brohoof 3

if anyone is interested: today I got attacked by a bunch of militant atheists for saying that I'm an agnostic and that science has yet to prove or disprove the existence of god.

some people posted that I'm secretly a theist because I stated stuff like this: the existence or god has yet to be proven or disproven. some even said that that the middle ground doesn't exist (I'm talking about agnosticism) and that you can only be an atheist or theist. it was funny to hear that I'm a theist because I said there isn't any proof that god doesn't exist.

I never read the the bible, I don't pray, I don't go to church, never attended any religious studies/education,...etc

that was fun

Edited by zerox

On 4/21/2017 at 6:05 PM, Cloggedone said:

So I'm doing a class at my church called Rooted.... anyone heard of it? It's a 10-week program that aims to deepen and strengthen our relationship with Christ, which I definitely need to do, since while I have been faithful, I feel like I need to take a further step on things. Apparently, it started out in California and is used at churches all around the US. Just wondering if anyone else had heard of it, or their church does it.

I just did week one and I like it so far, even if it was just the introduction! :D

I've certainly heard of it, though I've never been to a church that does it. Hope you enjoy it! :)

8 minutes ago, zerox said:

if anyone is interested: today I got attacked by a bunch of militant atheists for saying that I'm an agnostic and that science has yet to prove or disprove the existence of god.

some people posted that I'm secretly a theist because I stated stuff like this: the existence or god has yet to be proven or disproven. some even said that that the middle ground doesn't exist (I'm talking about agnosticism) and that you can only be an atheist or theist. it was funny to hear that I'm a theist because I said there isn't any proof that god doesn't exist.

I never read the the bible, I don't pray, I don't go to church, never attended any religious studies/education,...etc

that was fun

Though I am a Christian (obviously a theist), I think agnosticism makes a whole lot more sense than atheism. After all, if something is supernatural then by definition it's outside the realm of what is "natural," therefore science has no place in proving or disproving it.

• Brohoof 2

science may or may not prove or disprove god. I believe in science and I'm waiting for it to prove or disprove the existence of god. nothing tangible so far.

No. Science cannot prove even the validity of its own methods, as this would be circular reasoning and neither the existence of its own object of study, which are the laws of nature. The scientific method by it's turn comes from Philosophy, which has an influence of Christian Theology, more specifically the belief that there is an immutable absolute truth that can be reached by our mind. Without this premise it would not be possible to make predictions from know facts, which is one of the most celebrated features of the scientific method. And it is beyond science to prove this premise because science comes from it. The field of the knowledge that studies knowledge itself and its nature is called Epistemology, and this is where the discussion on the existence of God takes part.

• Brohoof 3

7 hours ago, zerox said:

that was fun

Are you looking for consul or just to relate the experience? And I don't mean that to sound condescending, I legitimately don't know your intent. If it is the former I'm so sorry that that happened to you.

• Brohoof 2

9 hours ago, Steel Accord said:

Are you looking for consul or just to relate the experience? And I don't mean that to sound condescending, I legitimately don't know your intent. If it is the former I'm so sorry that that happened to you.

I just wanted to share my experience.

btw anyone here interested in agnosticism?